The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Worst pvp meta yet

• Rampeal
    Rampeal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lokey0024

No the reason people are running these sets and doing massive damage is as follows

Bloodspawn - allows players to build ultimate fast and most run flawless dawnbringer because it does massive damage and gives you a weapon damage buff from the skill and undaunted passive, plus it gives you 6k+ physical+magical resist for 6secs every 6secs so it has almost a 100% uptime. It is a very broken monster set and needs to be nerfed into the dirt.

7th&Fury- Allow players to stack weapon damage for a total of 1,100+ from buffs procs alone not to mention jewellery, enchants, traits, ect. And 7th heals players as well per proc every 2secs.

So basically you have these Tanks pulling 4-6 weapon damage, 33k resist and being able to sustain and self heal for massive amounts. Seen players go from 10% to full off of one vigor.

And most of the cookie cutter builds really don't need class since the most common used skills are weapon, Assault, and fighters. So works with ANY "Class" (if there is such a thing anymore".

It is a very sad Meta we are in right now when there are so many cookie clones running around. So no need to run any out of the box builds because it will get eaten alive by Cookie monsters.
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    CaliMade wrote: »
    Also y’all need to chill with overhyping magblades mitigation buffs. We have a weak ass dot heal, we need mitigation since they nerfed our ward and we don’t have a pet to give us line of sight and burst heals. Don’t forget what magblade has been the last couple patches and that’s at the bottom of the food chain.

Bow stacks-15%
    Dark Cloak-8%
    Shade-15%
    Pirate skeleton-30%

Swallow soul X Dark cloak is more than enough healing for the sheer amount of raw mitigation nbs have.

I know this because I also play magnb and have friends who do so too.

Just because a class has been bad for a long time doesn’t mean they need to be broken. I want balance, mitigation that cant be countered shouldn’t stack this high.

They also hit really hard.

Was dueling a friend the other day,
    mag Templar v Magblade, im the plar.
    We start the fight he weaves on me twice with swallow soul light attack. “Damn Cali You squishy!”

Im like “what? how'd you figure? I got 27k spell resist 3k crit resist, 56 in Iron clad, 43 in Ele defender. Im not Squishy you just hit too hard.”

I proceeded to hit him with 900 crit jabs, Mind you my jab tooltip is like 1800,(4300 per?) , he didn’t have major evasion either.

They need to lower the mitigation of bow stacks and just flat out nerf the duration of pirate skeleton. that set is all kinds of over performing.In return they need to make their heals stronger so their survivability can actually be countered.

Mag blades and mag sorcs are really too much right now and need adjusting, mag dks are glass cannons, wardens are all of a sudden trash tier outside of rolling players in beetle zergs.

Stam dk and stam sorc is on life support. No, actually the plug was pulled awhile ago, we all know they get no support for their class skill lines.

Stamblade fights are nauseating. Now not only are they dodging every thing they also have a bunch of passive mitigation, (minor maim+bow stacks essentially means ~30% mitigation)

Necro toxic af with bash builds or Major Vulnerability, pick your poison.

I think both specs of templar are in an Incredible spot right now.

but yeah current state of the game is crap.

Did you just try to paint magnb as the oppressor in this meta which is heavily dominated by stamina tanks and shieldstacking petsorcs? Play the class by yourself instead of making such unfair claims. Dark Cloak alone won't bring you anywhere, especially not against defile tanks.

Everything loses to defile tanks so that point is bad, all stamina builds are tanks because they HAVE to be, and yes, mag blade is the oppressor. Not as much as Magsorc but they definitely are over performing. They need to change how hey mitigate damage, % mitigation is absurdly difficult to get around and Mag blades have entirely too much of it. buff their self healing and Resistances.

XB1 GT- Cali Made

Praetorian Stam DK Redguard

Brigadier Stam/magblade (whatever i feel like running) Redguard

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

lieutenant Mag/stamplar (whatever i feel like running) Redguard
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also y’all need to chill with overhyping magblades mitigation buffs. We have a weak ass dot heal, we need mitigation since they nerfed our ward and we don’t have a pet to give us line of sight and burst heals. Don’t forget what magblade has been the last couple patches and that’s at the bottom of the food chain.

Bow stacks-15%
    Dark Cloak-8%
    Shade-15%
    Pirate skeleton-30%

Swallow soul X Dark cloak is more than enough healing for the sheer amount of raw mitigation nbs have.

Just because a class has been bad for a long time doesn’t mean they need to be broken. I want balance, mitigation that cant be countered shouldn’t stack this high.

We start the fight he weaves on me twice with swallow soul light attack. “Damn Cali You squishy!”

Im like “what? how'd you figure? I got 27k spell resist 3k crit resist, 56 in Iron clad, 43 in Ele defender. Im not Squishy you just hit too hard.”

I proceeded to hit him with 900 crit jabs, Mind you my jab tooltip is like 1800,(4300 per?) , he didn’t have major evasion either.

They need to lower the mitigation of bow stacks and just flat out nerf the duration of pirate skeleton. that set is all kinds of over performing.In return they need to make their heals stronger so their survivability can actually be countered.

Mag blades and mag sorcs are really too much right now and need adjusting, mag dks are glass cannons, wardens are all of a sudden trash tier outside of rolling players in beetle zergs.

Stam dk and stam sorc is on life support. No, actually the plug was pulled awhile ago, we all know they get no support for their class skill lines.

Stamblade fights are nauseating. Now not only are they dodging every thing they also have a bunch of passive mitigation, (minor maim+bow stacks essentially means ~30% mitigation)

Did you just try to paint magnb as the oppressor in this meta which is heavily dominated by stamina tanks and shieldstacking petsorcs? Play the class by yourself instead of making such unfair claims. Dark Cloak alone won't bring you anywhere, especially not against defile tanks.

Everything loses to defile tanks so that point is bad, all stamina builds are tanks because they HAVE to be, and yes, mag blade is the oppressor. Not as much as Magsorc but they definitely are over performing. They need to change how hey mitigate damage, % mitigation is absurdly difficult to get around and Mag blades have entirely too much of it. buff their self healing and Resistances.

Gotta clean up magsorc before you can come at magblade this patch. Magblade for sure isn’t carrying anyone a la Pet sorc.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Bow stacks-15%
    Dark Cloak-8%
    Shade-15%
    Pirate skeleton-30%

15% less damage from merciless is a lot, I wouldn’t be surprised if they change merciless again when they do a pass on passives.

Issue is moreso that NBs have 0 defensive passives, and their core abilities have been reduced to bring magNB dps down to at or below other classes.

Once they do a pass and change NB passives so they’re relatively equal to other classes I’m pretty sure the devs will take a look at merciless again, but until then merciless looks to me to be a bandaid fix to bring magblades up in pvp. Changing it before then would put magblades at a huge disadvantage.
    Edited by Iskiab on June 27, 2019 7:32PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is so tanky and healing is very strong.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Bow stacks-15%
    Dark Cloak-8%
    Shade-15%
    Pirate skeleton-30%

15% less damage from merciless is a lot, I wouldn’t be surprised if they change merciless again when they do a pass on passives.

Issue is moreso that NBs have 0 defensive passives, and their core abilities have been reduced to bring magNB dps down to at or below other classes.

Once they do a pass and change NB passives so they’re relatively equal to other classes I’m pretty sure the devs will take a look at merciless again, but until then merciless looks to me to be a bandaid fix to bring magblades up in pvp. Changing it before then would put magblades at a huge disadvantage.

All they have to do is slot undo and it's 24% reduction lol
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lag is the worst part about this patch by far. BGs were generally lag free for the most part prior to Elsweyr, but they have been consistently laggy ever since the patch.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »

Bow stacks-15%
    Dark Cloak-8%
    Shade-15%
    Pirate skeleton-30%

All they have to do is slot undo and it's 24% reduction lol

Dark cloak my friend
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bow stacks-15%
    Dark Cloak-8%
    Shade-15%
    Pirate skeleton-30%

In what way are they over performing. The classes inherent defensive buffs only equate to 23% damage mitigation which is strong but is balanced out because Nightblade has the worse healing of any class. Now if you add in the fact that mageblades can use pirate skeleton and undo to gain even more damage mitigation I do agree that that’s op but like I mentioned earlier that’s a non class specific problem And instead of nerfing magblade maybe those sets should be nerfed.

Also your solution would make magblades stronger. The thing is healing is always stronger than mitigation because it allows you to better recover from bad situations. Especially in a place that’s as unpredictable as Cyrodiil. Overall I don’t see magblades 23% damage mitigation as op. There are classes that have major protection built into there kit so magblades minor protection plus 3% to15% mitigation doesn’t seem op to me. Especially when you add in the fact that those classes have access to burst heals as well.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johnnny wrote: »
    yodased wrote: »
    eso has always been and will always be the same people exploiting the broken things every single patch. Pick a patch, pick a broken thing, its gonna be the same people.

Is it worse now than it was before? Maybe since the lag is worse, but people have been using unfair advantages in this game since day 1 and will continue to do so since it is so brokenly balanced.

You mean people who want to win play the things that are meta and better in the current patches? facinating.

And no, this isn't even close to the worst meta this game has saw. yes, pets are annoying, but, aside from that, you can actually fight and fightback whithout being burst by viper, shieldbreaker and a lot of *** the guy didn't even knew he used. We can always get a better meta, but this one is far from the worse.

Shifting meta is one thing, the best players adapt. That is not what I'm talking about. For instance let's take necro bash.

it's an unintended consequence of stam necro and sword and board that allows that to overperform. It's over tuned, everyone that uses it knows that, everyone that dies to it knows that. It's broken.

There is something like that. Every. Single. Patch.

In which the same people magically find those broken things and use them to as you say "win".

Look if you are one of the people I am speaking about, there is nothing I can do to convince you what you are doing is unhealthy for everyone else and the game at whole.

If you are not one of those people, then you should know who I am speaking about and not try to argue something I didn't say.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso has always been and will always be the same people exploiting the broken things every single patch. Pick a patch, pick a broken thing, its gonna be the same people.

Is it worse now than it was before? Maybe since the lag is worse, but people have been using unfair advantages in this game since day 1 and will continue to do so since it is so brokenly balanced.

You mean people who want to win play the things that are meta and better in the current patches? facinating.

And no, this isn't even close to the worst meta this game has saw. yes, pets are annoying, but, aside from that, you can actually fight and fightback whithout being burst by viper, shieldbreaker and a lot of *** the guy didn't even knew he used. We can always get a better meta, but this one is far from the worse.

Shifting meta is one thing, the best players adapt. That is not what I'm talking about. For instance let's take necro bash.

it's an unintended consequence of stam necro and sword and board that allows that to overperform. It's over tuned, everyone that uses it knows that, everyone that dies to it knows that. It's broken.

In which the same people magically find those broken things and use them to as you say "win".

Look if you are one of the people I am speaking about, there is nothing I can do to convince you what you are doing is unhealthy for everyone else and the game at whole.

If you are not one of those people, then you should know who I am speaking about and not try to argue something I didn't say.

*whispers softly*

But it was intended...
    Edited by Insco851 on June 28, 2019 6:04PM
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭

Bow stacks-15%
    Dark Cloak-8%
    Shade-15%
    Pirate skeleton-30%

In what way are they over performing. The classes inherent defensive buffs only equate to 23% damage mitigation which is strong but is balanced out because Nightblade has the worse healing of any class. Now if you add in the fact that mageblades can use pirate skeleton and undo to gain even more damage mitigation I do agree that that’s op but like I mentioned earlier that’s a non class specific problem And instead of nerfing magblade maybe those sets should be nerfed.

Also your solution would make magblades stronger. The thing is healing is always stronger than mitigation because it allows you to better recover from bad situations. Especially in a place that’s as unpredictable as Cyrodiil. Overall I don’t see magblades 23% damage mitigation as op. There are classes that have major protection built into there kit so magblades minor protection plus 3% to15% mitigation doesn’t seem op to me. Especially when you add in the fact that those classes have access to burst heals as well.

23% mitigation a lot, considering no other classes come close. its only 7% weaker than major protection. Idk how you can say pirate skeleton is overtuned and Nb mitigation is not when it has a lower uptime and has a debuff attached to it.

its not difficult to keep your bow stacks up, and your ignoring Shade witch can be used for Maim.

No, Stronger heals would not make the classes stronger than it is currently, Heals can be countered, percentage mitigation cant.
    XB1 GT- Cali Made

Praetorian Stam DK Redguard

Brigadier Stam/magblade (whatever i feel like running) Redguard

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

lieutenant Mag/stamplar (whatever i feel like running) Redguard
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    And Sheogorath thought that old fashioned beating with a cheese wheel was out of fashion. Boy was he wrong.

(Reference: from Sheogorath in Cyrodiil)

Uncle gave us Volendrung, so we gave him Necros bashing people with cheese, as requested!
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Sheogorath thought that old fashioned beating with a cheese wheel was out of fashion. Boy was he wrong.

Uncle gave us Volendrung, so we gave him Necros bashing people with cheese, as requested!

Wanna know where there's no Volendrung and Goliaths are rare as unicorns?

A magical place

A wonderful place

Come check it out, stay a while;

BGs are calling, time to come home

All are welcome

10nc7qp.png
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bow stacks-15%
    Dark Cloak-8%
    Shade-15%
    Pirate skeleton-30%

23% mitigation a lot, considering no other classes come close. its only 7% weaker than major protection. Idk how you can say pirate skeleton is overtuned and Nb mitigation is not when it has a lower uptime and has a debuff attached to it.

its not difficult to keep your bow stacks up, and your ignoring Shade witch can be used for Maim.

No, Stronger heals would not make the classes stronger than it is currently, Heals can be countered, percentage mitigation cant.

Mitigation with some of the worst heals. And vulnerabilities counter protections. (As well as the NB specific 20% on incap/harvest).
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Wanna know where there's no Volendrung and Goliaths are rare as unicorns?

A magical place

A wonderful place

Come check it out, stay a while;

BGs are calling, time to come home

All are welcome

10nc7qp.png

giphy.gif

Someone declined the invite...
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is, you’re not trading anything in for defense / mitigation.

There should always be a downside when you build for one specific thing but due to sets you can make your character super tanky with high healing capacities and good to very good damage output. That’s just too much. If you’re basically immortal your damage output should tend towards 0.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »

*whispers softly*

But it was intended...

Only bash necromancers think that :)
  • Arzharo
    Arzharo
    ✭✭
    No cp is magsorc territory. No cp is more cancerous than cp. Unless you're a mag class, that is. Stam, unless it's stamwarden or stamblade, is *** terrible. There is no solo q either, so 99 % of the games are at least 1 premade dominating the other with meta setup x2 magsorcs, magblade and templar healer making them literally immortal. Such games drag on for the full duration sometimes. No cp is so *** terrible it feels like I'm playing WoW again. That is not a compliment.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »

*whispers softly*

But it was intended...

Not once. Same reason why I’m not out cheesing on Pet Sorc. Ez mode bs is unfun in this game.

But it was intended. It was mentioned during the pts how overloaded this ulti was and it went unchanged. Intended. 100%

Just like when sloads dropped and everyone knew it was cheese day 1... still took 3 months to get a nerf. Zos loves them some cheesy stuff. It drags in casuals that only enjoy broken sets and skills.

Funny enough they made this one so OP they are gonna change it before the next patch... a first?
    Edited by Insco851 on June 29, 2019 6:00PM
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*whispers softly*

But it was intended...

Not once. Same reason why I’m not out cheesing on Pet Sorc. Ez mode bs is unfun in this game.

But it was intended. It was mentioned during the pts how overloaded this ulti was and it went unchanged. Intended. 100%

Just like when sloads dropped and everyone knew it was cheese day 1... still took 3 months to get a nerf. Zos loves them some cheesy stuff. It drags in casuals that only enjoy broken sets and skills.

Funny enough they made this one so OP they are gonna change it before the next patch... a first?

Considering they are changing the bash ultimate next week (in an incremental patch no less), obviously it wasn't intended. If if was, they wouldn't have to change it...
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*whispers softly*

But it was intended...

Considering they are changing the bash ultimate next week (in an incremental patch no less), obviously it wasn't intended. If if was, they wouldn't have to change it...

Again, it was mentioned in the pts. They knew it was there. They let it go live. Devs have a history of letting clear broken skills/sets go live.

This one is no different imo. Regardless of a “change” coming- one which we don’t have any info on. (And rightfully so) It can easily get “nerfed” into different version of broken. Plenty of those happenstances before as well.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Cathexis on July 1, 2019 3:06AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Man, I’m starting to feel like some of these nerf threads pop up every time I change my build:

Ice wall of elements - forums snare and maim is OP
    Pirate skeleton - forums pirate skeleton OP
    Shadowy Disguise - forums cloak OP
    Dark Cloak - forums dark cloak OP
    Tankiness on a healer - tankiness OP
    Impale - kill stealing OP
    Sanctuary - group buffs OP

Maybe I’m just dumb for posting my build!
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I’m starting to feel like some of these nerf threads pop up every time I change my build:

Yea basically all poorly balanced cheese
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Maybe you're just a meta chaser. The meta always get nerfed otherwise the game becomes boring and stale.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time I've seen people complaining about Ebon, Worm, Hircine's Veneers and Sanctuary.........

Of all things, these are not responsible for any tank meta, not even close....
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is the Goliath even an issue? It's very easy to see, and the duration is like 20 seconds and the "bash reach" is short. Just back off for a little while - and you have an enemy before you, guaranteed to have no ultimate to drop on you. Easy peasy.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

Maybe you're just a meta chaser. The meta always get nerfed otherwise the game becomes boring and stale.

It can’t be chasing meta if the nerf threads start after I start doing something.

I’d say it’s more like challenging the meta. It’s like people all play X way claiming to be knowledgeable about the game, as soon as I start using abilities to take advantage of their playstyle a nerf thread pops up with claims of it being cheese, even things that have been around since release that no one previously had an issue with.

Like Ice Blockade and time stop are good examples. Everyone clumps up and when I start using an aoe effect on people in the clumps people say ‘it’s cheese’. People want to be able to keep on clumping.

Constantly asking for nerfs to things that challenge the status quo isn’t chasing meta, it’s protecting it.... except for Goliath bash spam, nerf that *** into oblivion, that’s definitely cheese.
    Edited by Iskiab on June 30, 2019 1:07PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

It can’t be chasing meta if the nerf threads start after I start doing something.

I’d say it’s more like challenging the meta. It’s like people all play X way claiming to be knowledgeable about the game, as soon as I start using abilities to take advantage of their playstyle a nerf thread pops up with claims of it being cheese, even things that have been around since release that no one previously had an issue with.

Like Ice Blockade and time stop are good examples. Everyone clumps up and when I start using an aoe effect on people in the clumps people say ‘it’s cheese’. People want to be able to keep on clumping.

Constantly asking for nerfs to things that challenge the status quo isn’t chasing meta, it’s protecting it.... except for Goliath bash spam, nerf that *** into oblivion, that’s definitely cheese.

You all need to stop taking everything so seriously and lighten up.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433