Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Scalebreaker and Update 23 Preview"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
ecacdd4f696aae88706107924227163e.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "Scalebreaker and Update 23 Preview" blog article.

The rage of Dragons threatens beyond Elsweyr, and all-new Season of the Dragon adventures await Tamriel’s heroes! Learn about the upcoming Scalebreaker DLC and Update 23 base-game patch.
Staff Post
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the next part of the House of the Lunar Thingy?

No mention of that …?!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oof! People have been asking for Multi-Crafting for a while now, thats gonna be a neat improvement.

Also Lair of Maarselok, pretty interesting to see an old Dungeon Boss return as an Ally.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, it is very cool to see Selene finally making a return. I know I wasn't the only player who wanted more of her story. Hopefully one of the mechanics in that dungeon is murder-knifing Carindon.
    Edited by casparian on July 2, 2019 5:56PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What about some performance fixes?
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy to see that the /lurk in my thread has led to something. ;)

Could we please get Alchemy Satchels as a thing that we can buy with keys? It'd be nice to finally give people who do group PvE a way to get potion reagents.
    Edited by code65536 on July 2, 2019 6:01PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lair of Maarselok, judging by the npcs, is this technically a part 2 for selenes web?
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will the monster shoulders from DLC dungeons (including the 2 upcoming ones) continue to go into Urgarlag Chief-bane's chest/coffer? The number of shoulders in her chest is quickly approaching ludicrous speed and spending extra on the "paired" coffers will nearly become a necessity. Most of us were looking forward to a revamp of pledge keys that would make getting a shoulder less grindy. But continuing to bloat Urgarlag's chest or making us grind out who knows how many keys for a "paired coffer" and still only have a 1 in 6 chance at shoulder we want is disappointing. Unless the paired coffers are reasonably priced, it sounds like it will take just as many keys, if not more, to get our shoulder of choice under new system.
  • Veesk
    Veesk
    ✭✭✭✭
    With Update 23, Undaunted Keys are now listed as currency, meaning they are in the Currency section of your inventory instead of individual inventory items.

This is my favorite bit of news, I've always hoped for something like this. Great sounding quality of life improvements all around. Can't wait to get into these new dungeons.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selene! She's back!

Also, I'm sure that using the dragon's blood will work out just fine with no problems whatsoever...
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faster refining and a better Undaunted key system? Nice.
    PS5 EU.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    just need to fix group finder so we can actually get the keys now
  • forthwinds
    forthwinds
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the idea of having a vendor for undaunted keys. I agree with @code65536, adding something such as alchemy satchels or furnishings to the vendor would be really awesome.
    Dawnbringer ✦ Godslayer ✦ Tick Tock Tormentor x3 ✦ Immortal Redeemer x2 ✦ Gryphon Heart x5 ✦ The Unchained x2 ✦ Emperor x6 ✦ Grand Overlord
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see some base game stories getting a call back and characters returning, but unfortunately I'm not interested in this DLC whatsoever. After you tease aylieyd stuff since Murkmire and Meridia's involvement in previous dungeon pack and then completely ignoring the fact that we stole a powerful piece-of-key from a daedric prince and there should be a fast reconing for this, not to mention chapter's anticlimactic ending, I'm truly sceptical about developers ability to really have continuing story for a full year without artificially splitting chapter in a half and veeeeeeery loosely connecting dungeon DLCs to it.
    Edited by TiaFrye on July 2, 2019 6:43PM
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How disappointing
  • JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there really not a Skin to be earned?

That sucks badly.. I mean we had 1 Decent Skin in over a year and now they dont even do one anymore?

Whats up with the Skin team? WE NEED SKINS!
    Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished.
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing on PVP? :(
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No mention of that …?!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I noticed it's absence as well. Presumably it's earned from completing both dungeons on any difficulty? I'll be curious to preview it on PTS so I can decide whether I'm going to try to earn it. I don't do DLC dungeons and only do base game dungeons during the Undaunted event.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on July 2, 2019 7:03PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selenes Web 2. Nice.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice QoL changes for crafting and the Undaunted key shuffle.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No mention of that …?!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

You will be able to unlock the next portion of your house by completing the Scalebreaker dungeons :)
    Staff Post
  • rednhax
    rednhax
    Soul Shriven
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Oof! People have been asking for Multi-Crafting for a while now, thats gonna be a neat improvement.

Also Lair of Maarselok, pretty interesting to see an old Dungeon Boss return as an Ally.

You can multi-craft now!
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info399-MultiCraft.html

:)

Edited by rednhax on July 2, 2019 7:28PM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No mention of that …?!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

You will be able to unlock the next portion of your house by completing the Scalebreaker dungeons :)

Ok who wants to carry a cat who dies a lot through two dungeons?!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undaunted keys no longer annoying me in my inventory, you say? :love:

Oh... my god, thank you. :star::star::star::star::star:

5 stars!
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ok who wants to carry a cat who dies a lot through two dungeons?!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

?u=https%3A%2F%2F78.media.tumblr.com%2F45d3980001d3140a5271a548f637b7b3%2Ftumblr_p33j9d5oAA1uuyy36o1_500.gif&f=1
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    again no word for expanding housing/bank/player inventory limit,while zos adds new items almost daily
    multi crafting sounds good but dungeons?as long as my eso+ active i might join a group for completion after that i prolly never set foot there again

we want stories not dungeons and fix performance !!!!
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Warrilad
    Warrilad
    ✭✭
    When does this go on PTS or is it there already? @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Warri
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    again no word for expanding housing/bank/player inventory limit,while zos adds new items almost daily
    multi crafting sounds good but dungeons?as long as my eso+ active i might join a group for completion after that i prolly never set foot there again

we want stories not dungeons and fix performance !!!!

You want. Not everybody.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You want. Not everybody.

apparently only 7% has completed last 2 DLC dungeons vet difficulty -maybe the number isnt 100% accurate but as far im concerned i want my sub go to content not dungeons,so yes i want and my opinion is what counts for me
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    I'm happy to see that the /lurk in my thread has led to something. ;)

Could we please get Alchemy Satchels as a thing that we can buy with keys? It'd be nice to finally give people who do group PvE a way to get potion reagents.

Thank you @code65536 !!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope development of the new update won't take away the focus of all the bugs introduced with Elsweyr. The new Undaunted keys system sounds good, since we'll have a smaller pool of options for the monster sets, and thus not having to spend too many keys when searching for a specific set. I'm also looking forward to the continuation of the story in Selene's Web.