Maintenance for the week of August 19:
• ESO Website for maintenance – August 22, 7:00AM EDT (11:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Scalebreaker and Update 23 Preview"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ecacdd4f696aae88706107924227163e.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "Scalebreaker and Update 23 Preview" blog article.

The rage of Dragons threatens beyond Elsweyr, and all-new Season of the Dragon adventures await Tamriel’s heroes! Learn about the upcoming Scalebreaker DLC and Update 23 base-game patch.
Staff Post
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lair of Maarselok, judging by the npcs, is this technically a part 2 for selenes web?
    Raising floors and lower ceilings by zos standards has created an iron maiden.
    No matter how well you played,when the game is over,the king and pawn go back in the same box.
    Be careful what you ask for from zo$, you always get punished.
    Call me toxic,your the one being slowly poisoned by greed.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will the monster shoulders from DLC dungeons (including the 2 upcoming ones) continue to go into Urgarlag Chief-bane's chest/coffer? The number of shoulders in her chest is quickly approaching ludicrous speed and spending extra on the "paired" coffers will nearly become a necessity. Most of us were looking forward to a revamp of pledge keys that would make getting a shoulder less grindy. But continuing to bloat Urgarlag's chest or making us grind out who knows how many keys for a "paired coffer" and still only have a 1 in 6 chance at shoulder we want is disappointing. Unless the paired coffers are reasonably priced, it sounds like it will take just as many keys, if not more, to get our shoulder of choice under new system.
  • ArcaneFeathers
    ArcaneFeathers
    ✭✭✭
    With Update 23, Undaunted Keys are now listed as currency, meaning they are in the Currency section of your inventory instead of individual inventory items.

This is my favorite bit of news, I've always hoped for something like this. Great sounding quality of life improvements all around. Can't wait to get into these new dungeons.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selene! She's back!

Also, I'm sure that using the dragon's blood will work out just fine with no problems whatsoever...
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just need to fix group finder so we can actually get the keys now
  • forthwinds
    forthwinds
    ✭✭
    I really like the idea of having a vendor for undaunted keys. I agree with @code65536, adding something such as alchemy satchels or furnishings to the vendor would be really awesome.
    Tick Tock Tormentor ✦ Immortal Redeemer ✦ Gryphon Heart ✦ Unchained
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see some base game stories getting a call back and characters returning, but unfortunately I'm not interested in this DLC whatsoever. After you tease aylieyd stuff since Murkmire and Meridia's involvement in previous dungeon pack and then completely ignoring the fact that we stole a powerful piece-of-key from a daedric prince and there should be a fast reconing for this, not to mention chapter's anticlimactic ending, I'm truly sceptical about developers ability to really have continuing story for a full year without artificially splitting chapter in a half and veeeeeeery loosely connecting dungeon DLCs to it.
    Edited by TiaFrye on July 2, 2019 6:43PM
  • Keylun
    Keylun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How disappointing
  • Cani
    Cani
    ✭✭✭
    Is there really not a Skin to be earned?

That sucks badly.. I mean we had 1 Decent Skin in over a year and now they dont even do one anymore?

Whats up with the Skin team? WE NEED SKINS!
    JN_Slevin
    Assistance Lead on 5 Trading Guilds on PCEU
    (-Cashflow, Tamriels Emporium, Merchants of Magnus 1&2 and Eternal Forest Merchantry)
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing on PVP? :(
    Twitch.tv/ninchiTV ... Twitter.com/NinchiTV ... YouTube/NinchiTV

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the next part of the House of the Lunar Thingy?

No mention of that …?!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I noticed it's absence as well. Presumably it's earned from completing both dungeons on any difficulty? I'll be curious to preview it on PTS so I can decide whether I'm going to try to earn it. I don't do DLC dungeons and only do base game dungeons during the Undaunted event.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on July 2, 2019 7:03PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Selenes Web 2. Nice.
    If you complain about werewolf overperforming after Scalebreaker, you´re actually trash at the game
    Probably the worst Werewolf on PC/EU

Characters:
    EU
    DC - Octius Ciel - Magicka Sorcerer - Breton
    DC - Evelina Septim - Magicka Templar - Breton
    EP - Josephine Tharn - Magicka Templar - Breton
    DC - Zireael the White Flame - Stamina Sorcerer - Bosmer
    EP - Qbi-One-Kenobi - (Previously Tankus Maximus II) - Argonian
    AD - Anconeus - Magicka Nightblade - High Elf
    EP - Cirilla Élen Riannon - Magica Dragonknight - Dark Elf
    AD - The Cub of Cintra - Stamina Nightblade - Bosmer
    AD - Alinare Larentius - StaminaTemplar - Redguard
    DC - The Alt-Knight - Stamina Dragonknight - Nord
    DC - Féreldir - Magicka Warden - Argonian
    AD - Kuvirá - Stamina Sorcerer - Redguard
    EP - 1vX Material - Stamina Warden - Orc
    EP - Fenrir the Windwalker - Stamina Sorcerer - Orc
    EP - Q_Q Mancer Stamina Necromancer - Orc

NA
    EP - Sister Q - Stamina Sorcerer - Nord

Trials
    vAA + HM: Completed
    vHRC + HM: Completed
    vSO + HM: Completed
    vMoL+ HM: Completed
    vMA: Completed, and with 10 characters as Flawless Conquerors.
    vDSA: Completed
    vAS HM: Completed (Immortal Redeemer)
    vHoF + HM: Completed
    vCR +3
    vBRP
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice QoL changes for crafting and the Undaunted key shuffle.
  • rednhax
    rednhax
    Soul Shriven
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Oof! People have been asking for Multi-Crafting for a while now, thats gonna be a neat improvement.

Also Lair of Maarselok, pretty interesting to see an old Dungeon Boss return as an Ally.

You can multi-craft now!
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info399-MultiCraft.html

:)

Edited by rednhax on July 2, 2019 7:28PM
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭
    again no word for expanding housing/bank/player inventory limit,while zos adds new items almost daily
    multi crafting sounds good but dungeons?as long as my eso+ active i might join a group for completion after that i prolly never set foot there again

we want stories not dungeons and fix performance !!!!
    famous quotes: "it's RNG"
    Vasanha: This one hears nothing.Sees nothing.This one only sweeps.
    PS4 EU/NA //// PC EU
  • Warrilad
    Warrilad
    ✭✭
    When does this go on PTS or is it there already? @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Warri
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    I'm happy to see that the /lurk in my thread has led to something. ;)

Could we please get Alchemy Satchels as a thing that we can buy with keys? It'd be nice to finally give people who do group PvE a way to get potion reagents.

Thank you @code65536 !!
    PS4 NA
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope development of the new update won't take away the focus of all the bugs introduced with Elsweyr. The new Undaunted keys system sounds good, since we'll have a smaller pool of options for the monster sets, and thus not having to spend too many keys when searching for a specific set. I'm also looking forward to the continuation of the story in Selene's Web.
    @stargold

PC/NA CP810

AD Nefelyn - Altmer Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Master Angler ǀ Hero of all the things (fine, some of the things)
    DC Bastiene - Breton Templar - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Prefect ǀ Blackrose Executioner
    AD Niobeh - Dunmer Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Black Market Mogul ǀ Blackrose Executioner ǀ Master Thief ǀ Silencer (but we don’t talk about that)
    AD Ashayam - Khajiit Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Sydhe Narjes - Redguard Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Blackrose Executioner
    DC Eva Saint Claire - Breton Warden - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    EP Rruns-With-Scissors ­- Argonian Dragoknight - Tank ǀ He’s a good boy, OK Bront?
    EP Moiranni Deyr - Dunmer Dragonknight - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Anur Imagua - Redguard Templar - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    AD Azoke Sen - Imperial Sorcerer - Tank ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Sàverin - Orc Warden - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Blackrose Executioner
    DC Zuwane Okoye - Redguard Dragonknight - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Telella - Orc Nightblade - DD ǀ The more the merrier ǀ Dro-m'athra Destroyer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Mal the Ghost Whisperer - Orc Necromancer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror

PC/EU CP603

AD Ariadne Nearil - Altmer Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    EP Máyim - Dunmer Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Surjan - Orc Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror

vSO HM · vAA HM · vHRC HM · vMOL HM · vHOF HM · vAS HM · vCR+2 · vSS+2· vDSA · vBRP

It's not zerging if we are all solo and just happen to go to the same place independently xD