Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC-EU Server Update - April 11

• necropola
    necropola
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS is going to sit this out while trying to milk their ESO player base as much as possible in order to fund development of a a new "triple-A-game".
    Not a lot of people have picked up on this, but if you look on our job site you’ll see that we are accepting applications for people to work on a new engine for a new triple-A game,” Firor said in the interview. “So yes, we have ideas, but we’re committed to ESO for as long as it takes.
    https://massivelyop.com/2019/05/07/zenimax-has-begun-pre-production-on-a-aaa-game-set-in-a-major-new-ip/
    For as long as it takes ...
    Edited by necropola on June 1, 2019 5:23PM
    I am the beginning. The end. The one who is many
    PC/MAC-EU, Radeon RX 580 GPU pass through + Win 10 x64 on Linux KVM/QEMU, 100 Mbit/s VDSL
  • everlastingodeb17_ESO
    everlastingodeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It won't milk me for sure haha and I won't be playing any game from them in the future
  • SeliniaHlaalu
    SeliniaHlaalu
    ✭✭
    Can not log in to EU server:

Connection to server has timed out.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I assume they're still working on this if they've left the topic stickied. They're not trying to sweep it under the rug at least, but it would be really great if we could have an update since the patch doesn't seem to have improved anything.
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can not log in to EU server:

Connection to server has timed out.

After crashing during combat in pvp (again) I am now met with the same message.

Server has choked on it's own vomit (again).

@ZOS_MattFiror Still waiting on you, are you still alive?
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    I assume they're still working on this if they've left the topic stickied. They're not trying to sweep it under the rug at least, but it would be really great if we could have an update since the patch doesn't seem to have improved anything.

They have probably forgotten about it;)
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The performance is worse than ever before.
  • Soulgirl
    Soulgirl
    ✭✭
    To be honest I don’t see any changes in server performance. If anything, it’s worse than before.
    The only time we were able to play with not many issues was when they implemented the queue to login. We had to wait a bit to get in, but once we got in, the game was performing a lot better than it is now.
    Hope they realize that something must be done regarding EU server.
    PC player on EU server.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First 30 minutes after patch - kicked to login screen in dungeon, then endless loading screen after finishing.
  • everlastingodeb17_ESO
    everlastingodeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soulgirl wrote: »
    To be honest I don’t see any changes in server performance. If anything, it’s worse than before.
    The only time we were able to play with not many issues was when they implemented the queue to login. We had to wait a bit to get in, but once we got in, the game was performing a lot better than it is now.
    Hope they realize that something must be done regarding EU server.

This ++++
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: Hi there! Are there any plans at all to increase server capacity on top of the revamp to the LFG tool?

Answer: We added a ton of capacity a month or so ago to PC EU and PC (We were able to disable the EU login queues when we did this), I don't foresee us needing more capacity, although that could change based on increased player demand. We're definitely keeping an eye on things.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/bwdb0r/welcome_to_the_elsweyr_update_22_aua/

• Hibernato
    Hibernato
    ✭✭✭
    pc_eu_matt.PNG

Incase this image is too small someone asked "Hi there! Are there any plans at all to increase server capacity on top of the revamp to the LFG tool?"

and Matt Firor responded "We added a ton of capacity a month or so ago to PC EU and PC (We were able to disable the EU login queues when we did this), I don't foresee us needing more capacity, although that could change based on increased player demand. We're definitely keeping an eye on things."

"I don't foresee us needing more capacity"

• FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    He's hiding on reddit

• reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: I suppose I could've introduced this link. A statement from Matt F. on the AUA/AMA re performance:

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/bwdb0r/welcome_to_the_elsweyr_update_22_aua/epwuxj0/
    Edited by reoskit on June 3, 2019 6:28PM
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see you unpinned this topic.. meaning it's solved or answered. Why didn't you even bother to answer here in the first place is sad really.. but oh well we still got an answer.

Your answer is a slap in the face though, for me it means that I will not invest any money in this game for a very long time if ever again.

• Tulare_Verlaris
    Tulare_Verlaris
    ✭✭✭
    At least we have the news that despite however much more "capacity" they implement the problems aren't going away until they sort the fundamentals they are supposedly "working on".

So it is likely to be 6 more months of all these problems at least before there is hopefully improvements.

As much as I appreciate these things take time I am unwilling to keep subscribing and paying for things in this game while it is this much of a mess.

I am also cancelling my sub and stopping playing, maybe I will come back in some months if it has seriously improved. Maybe I will find another game to spend my time and money on, or maybe never come back like I did with WoW. Either way, when it worked it was a fun game, hopefully it gets sorted for everyone.

One final thing I would say is your communication is APPALLING. While you are working on all these improvements, that [your communication] needs to be at the top of priorities for serious and FAST improvement.
    Still in the queue, spamming "F"...
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed several comments that were derailing the thread from the original topic or bashing in nature. Please remember that personal insults directed at other forum members or ZOS employees are not permitted. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <snip> Stay tuned for details.

Matt

Here's some feedback:

You've had three months. Still, nothing appears to have changed.

How are those details going?
    Why was this thread unstickied and replaced by "something else"?
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My PC "had a problem" just after I made this post.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It won't milk me for sure haha and I won't be playing any game from them in the future

Follow the shoe.
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol the amount of censorship in this thread has hit intergalactical levels
    Edited by KoultouraS on July 3, 2019 6:51AM
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aw c'mon, it isn't that bad! I mean, when was the last time the server had a problem.....?

Oh.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    necropola wrote: »
    ZOS is going to sit this out while trying to milk their ESO player base as much as possible in order to fund development of a a new "triple-A-game".
    Not a lot of people have picked up on this, but if you look on our job site you’ll see that we are accepting applications for people to work on a new engine for a new triple-A game,” Firor said in the interview. “So yes, we have ideas, but we’re committed to ESO for as long as it takes.
    https://massivelyop.com/2019/05/07/zenimax-has-begun-pre-production-on-a-aaa-game-set-in-a-major-new-ip/
    For as long as it takes ...

You know "for as long as it takes" can be interpreted another way as in, They will stick with ESO until it fails or no longer financially viable which it will be for a very long time, 20 year plan and the crown store is a huge cash cow as is the subscription service.

Totally understand why you went in the opposite direction however its not easy to stay positive about ESO lately with performance and buggy AoEs everywhere.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on July 1, 2019 8:14PM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More capacity they said.

6 months later:
    Zzzzzzz...

Edited by Juhasow on October 26, 2019 1:02PM
  • Cążki
    Cążki
    ✭✭✭✭
    SCAM COMPANY ctrl+z sry for my
    9/5000
    expression
    Altmer skooma dealer.
    PC-EU

• Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still-waiting_o_1679269.jpg
  • bracer2121b14_ESO
    bracer2121b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have been in a queue for 27 minutes and 19 seconds for 20 minutes.

And I paid for the deluxe edition and I sub and havent launched the game yet!

How does it look? tell me someone, I need some positive over here...
  • Nagastani
    Nagastani
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... ummm... why do subscribers have to queue? Legitimate question.
    Edited by Nagastani on May 27, 2020 2:04AM
  • Nagastani
    Nagastani
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like eso as much as the next person and am certainly never been one to judge but their marketing team should take note that when promising things like performance improvement and then this issue now, makes it appear like false advertising. Even if the two problems are not necessarily related but still. Not a good issue for opening day unless somehow denying service is itself another marketing ploy. Again, not judging I just wish I could login and if I could login normally, would have no reason to come here.
    Edited by Nagastani on May 27, 2020 2:05AM
This discussion has been closed.