Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Vampire Feedback Thread

• Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    Iv said it before and ill say it again, Zeni wants to make money, so give us a vampire dlc with an actual skill line!

Vampire Lords in Skyrim could actually compete with WW, meanwhile, in ESO, vampires are a buff (debuff in pvp) to your character, not a powerful force.
  • armeegrun
    armeegrun
    ✭✭
    Iv said it before and ill say it again, Zeni wants to make money, so give us a vampire dlc with an actual skill line!

Vampire Lords in Skyrim could actually compete with WW, meanwhile, in ESO, vampires are a buff (debuff in pvp) to your character, not a powerful force.

I have to agree, I would love to see this skill line have some actual skills, and perhaps it's own bar like the Werewolf!
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, please please, DO NOT make Vampire like Werewolf. Werewolf is all or nothing. Either stay WW full time and it then all you get is you class passives. Or dont ever change and it means nothing.

I would much rather Vampirism continues to be an augmentation to your character, rather then a full on take over.
    Elusive Mist, could use some balancing, but its close (Well one morph)
    Drain Essence is pretty niche, but not that bad
    Bat Swarm is currently underwhelming, but it used to be OP
    The real reason to be a vampire is the passives Supernatural Recovery, Undeath, and Dark Stalker are all amazing passives. They also actually balance out pretty well for when you need to be what level. PvP Extra damage/ghosting. PvE, just recovery or recovery and undeath? Only maybe 4 or 5 places I worry about being under Stage 4, but those places its a huge difference. PvP Dark Stalker is worth it
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Top 2 Pain Points:

- Current Active skills go unused and aren't really that great. Vampire is mainly taken for passives only.
    - Lack of a full skill line: Seriously, why do we only get 3 active skills while Werewolves get 6?! Come on! There are plenty of different skills that vampires have used in the Scrolls series, so why haven't some of them made their way here?!
    Despair for the Living...
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perashim wrote: »
    Top 2 Pain Points:

- Current Active skills go unused and aren't really that great. Vampire is mainly taken for passives only.
    - Lack of a full skill line: Seriously, why do we only get 3 active skills while Werewolves get 6?! Come on! There are plenty of different skills that vampires have used in the Scrolls series, so why haven't some of them made their way here?!

People do use elusive mist a lot. Accelerating drain can be really decent as a stun that you can block cancel for minor expedition.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be cool for vampire to get more skills to use like the gap closer the vampire boss has in dungeon spindleclutch 2 and bloodfiends use but make it so there’s a stamina and magic morph.
  • Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭
    It would be cool for vampire to get more skills to use like the gap closer the vampire boss has in dungeon spindleclutch 2 and bloodfiends use but make it so there’s a stamina and magic morph.

Yeah absolutely agree with you. Bloodfiends also have this teleport ability I believe, kind of ridiculous that lesser vampires NPCs feel more vampiric than player vamps. At least they can do is finish the skill line properly.
  • Xarko
    Xarko
    ✭✭✭
    Fully fed vampire should be the most powerful one, not the other way around. Encourage regular feeding.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarko wrote: »
    Fully fed vampire should be the most powerful one, not the other way around. Encourage regular feeding.
    Completely agree with you fully fed vampire will be smarter stronger then a starved and desperate one.
  • croninjoshua
    croninjoshua
    ✭✭
    TrapLord wrote: »
    I Feel that the 25% extra flame damage that the Vampires take is a bit excessive, and irrational.

25% is so much damage, plus the low health recovery.

I feel that Vampirism should be looked at, and the 25% flame damage should be 10-15% at most.

25% is just not fair. Seeing as how flame staffs already deal direct damage, and light and heavy attacks scale so much better of Max Magicka, vampires take way to much damage during this Summerset patch.

As a vampire I can confidently say that if you die to fire it's because you are literally standing in it
  • croninjoshua
    croninjoshua
    ✭✭
    Prabooo wrote: »
    1. Lack of skill diversity. Mist form is the only useful skill, even the ultimate sucks.
    2. Looks. They really look terrible, even for a terrible look this is terrible. Bad terrible. Terrible that sucks.

Yea. The skill tree leaves something to be desired. I've never used any of its skills with any seriousness.
  • Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if they would put in different strains of vampirism with different abilities and passives just to add to the diversity in the future. There is already lore that states different clans with unique abilities. Instead of just being stuck with this one for years that feels lackluster and bland to play.
  • rollingphoneseb17_ESO
    Never really used any vampiric skills, just used it to get the magicka recovery that's it. Vampiric skill line were never that useful in any cases, expect for the mist form rarely, in PVP.

However I do like the teleport ultimate. It's awesome and cool, fits vampiric skill line well, I could imagine it as active skill. Gives vampires the actual feel of having more control.
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it'd be cool if clouding swarm worked like overload, so it would cost ultimate to use, but it wouldn't drain all of your ult. For instance, every time you use it you will waste 40 ultimate (the ultimate costs 200 and materialize can be used 5 times, which is why 40 ult sounds about right), teleport to an enemy, and have bats around you for 1 second.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • Chims
    Chims
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see more active skills. The skills need more damage. There are a lot of downsides for being a camp it deserves to have some powerful skills. Drain needs to not have a channel or at least not lock the caster or do much more damage. It feels more like a tank spec than a Magicka DPS spec.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TrapLord wrote: »
    I Feel that the 25% extra flame damage that the Vampires take is a bit excessive, and irrational.

25% is so much damage, plus the low health recovery.

I feel that Vampirism should be looked at, and the 25% flame damage should be 10-15% at most.

25% is just not fair. Seeing as how flame staffs already deal direct damage, and light and heavy attacks scale so much better of Max Magicka, vampires take way to much damage during this Summerset patch.

As a vampire I can confidently say that if you die to fire it's because you are literally standing in it

Or fighting a MagDk lol.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Must-have-StamBlade skill line. Due to the sneak speed boost vampirism is almost mandatory for Nightblades in PvP. All nightblades should have their own passive sneak speed boost (like MagBlades have in concealed weapon) that DOESN'T stack with vampire speed boost.
    2. The only skill line with spammable ultimate generator (Invigorating Drain), (Stacks with necromancer's ulti generator). Due to this, PvE off-tanks are being pushed to become vampires. Would not like to have this removed but would like to have an alternative that is accessible to everyone (Soul Magic / Mage's Guild (Entropy morph?) / Fighter's Guild (Turn undead?) / Psijic skill (Mend Spirit?)
    Edited by Sinolai on July 8, 2019 8:38AM
  • Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭
    Also vamp passives need to seep into racial passives so at least 1 racial is replaced with a vamp passive so there more of a drawback for players and not feel forced for mage players to choose that route just because of passive benefits. It also makes players think twice about getting it and not feel like its mandatory for a specific build or class.
  • Chims
    Chims
    ✭✭✭
    Also vamp passives need to seep into racial passives so at least 1 racial is replaced with a vamp passive so there more of a drawback for players and not feel forced for mage players to choose that route just because of passive benefits. It also makes players think twice about getting it and not feel like its mandatory for a specific build or class.

I think this is the wrong approach. The current drawbacks are more than enough that most people don't even run it anymore these days. There are so many mobs with flame damage and everyone is throwing dawnbreakers in PVP.

What they should do is make the passives only activate when you are certain vamp stages. Including having stage 1 have absolutely no benefits or weaknesses. If you require 10% increased fire damage for the 10% magicka regen you will stop anyone from wanting to use it for passives only due to the fire damage.

However, for the people who try to work the skills in (the update on PTS is a GREAT start FYI) they will still use it. My mag Necro uses all three skills occasionally in PVP and successfully but its more that i want to be a vampire than min maxing obviously. I am honestly excited about the extra 2 seconds of bats.

Some other suggestions:

Update The Vampire Lord Set - I really want this set to be viable but it needs more spell damage. What I think would be a cool change is a increase to not just vampire skills (although a small increase in spell damage for them would also help) is to change the set to have it provide spell damage to all spells and skills BUT only when you are stage 4. This would stop abuse of the set for non vamps as the fire damage would be in play.

• MycroftJr
    MycroftJr
    Soul Shriven
    My only complaint is that I look ugly, especially on a Khajiit. My Khajiit's beautiful fur pattern can't be seen and his eyes look awful. I want to be able to look like a normal mortal, and I am willing to pay for that ability.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Similar to most, the appearance of the vampire is a pretty big gripe of mine.

Otherwise, I've always wanted more skills in the skill line similar to most others. I mean, having a whole armor set dedicated to buffing vampire skills is kind of silly when there aren't that many in the first place and the existing ones aren't exactly optimal for including in rotations for like PVE, if you could even count the use of two skills mainly as a rotation with the Ult being thrown in on occasion.
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Gonna post some ideas for skills I made in a different thread:

Ultimate Change idea:

Vampire Lord: (CRIMINAL ACT) Become a Vampire Lord, reducing the cost of all your vampire abilities by 10%/15%/20%/25% based on your stage of vampire for 15 seconds (this stacks with the cost reduction from base form vampire stages). You also gain Waterwalking while active.
    Morphs:
    Lord of Darkness: (CRIMINAL ACT) Gain a bat swarm while active, which deals ( x ) Physical Damage while enemies are within ( x ) meters of you. You can activate your ultimate again to teleport to a targeted area, dealing an extra burst of ( x ) physical damage.The sky also partially darkens within the bat swarm.
    Royal Bloodline: (CRIMINAL ACT) Increases the duration to 20 seconds and increases your vampiric abilities effectiveness by 5%/10%/15%/20% based on your Vampire Stage. You also get a cape and a crown while in your Vampire Lord form. Lucky you!

Possible new skill ideas:

Reign of Terror: Stuns Target (Silences players) and inflicts Minor Defile.
    Morphs:
    Sovereign of Fear: Targets short area around player instead of one target.
    Mortal Terror: Inflicts Major Defile and Major Breach on target

Vampiric Strength: Increase Weapon Damage and Spell Penetration for ( x ) seconds while active.
    Morphs:
    Eternal Power: Increase Magicka/Stamina Recovery (whichever is higher) while active).
    Undying Might: Increases the duration.

Embrace of Shadows: Gain Invisibility and Minor Expedition for ( x ) seconds.
    Morphs:
    Champion of the Night: Increases duration of all other vampire abilities while this is slotted during the night
    Creature of Shadows: Increases duration and gain increased Health Recovery while active.

Vampire's Servant: (CRIMINAL ACT) Raises a zombie to attack your enemies, dealing ( x ) Physical Damage for ( x ) seconds.
    Morphs:
    Vampire Spawn: (CRIMINAL ACT) Raises a blood fiend instead for ( x ) seconds. Bloodfiend teleports to target and deals increased damage.
    Dreadful Servant: (CRIMINAL ACT) Raise a frostbitten zombie instead for ( x ) seconds. Inflicts Frost damage and slows target.

Vampiric Grasp: Deals ( x ) Magic Damage over ( x ) seconds. Increased damage if target is stunned.
    Morphs:
    Bloody Grasp: Deals Physical Damage instead, and increases health recovery while the DoT is active too.
    Relentless Grasp: Extends the duration when applied to a stunned target.

What do you guys think?
    Edited by Perashim on August 19, 2019 9:38PM
  • CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭✭
    I had hate for vampires since oblivion but this is a different game and turning two of my characters into vampires is the best decision I have made, the nightblade is awesome at stealth and the sorc well the drain is his new cc and if i do not want fire damage just feed them to stage one and that is it, I found very easy to control the stage of vampirism they are in, something I thought would be very difficult but the 6h of real playtime turns out to be a lot.
    The only thing I do not like is that the khajit was orange, like my brother's cat, and now he is white, even more in stage four. The breton has even improved a little bit but the only way to fix him is passing by character creation.
    I think of having turned another char into vampire for the stealth speed but he is too handsome to become a vampire he can turn into a ww though.
    It was very easy to turn them into vampires with random encounter, I did my homework though.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭

Now THAT is a Master Vampire!
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it really annoying ZOS chooses to fix things like mountain speed bug which has been broken for all of two weeks over vampires taking like 60% extra siege damage for months.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    My vampire wears a hood and mask during the day. I use the hide helmet toggle at night or inside a dungeon. Because it's the only time he can show his face. A once dashingly handsome Dummer still wearing the circlet of an Ebonheart Pact lieutenant, clearly corrupted and devoured by dark forces and his own desire for arcane power. I like that it's visible :) It suits some characters better than others though I guess.

Gameplay wise I feel like vampire soooort of has the right idea in terms of risk/reward (for PVP), although in practice it's too all or nothing. I'm very careful of DKs and Templars most of the time because I know I'm a free kill if they pin me- but other classes it makes zero difference and I basically just get free passives. I feel like it should be a bit more even- I should have to adapt my vampiric playstyle for every fight, not just occasionally realise "Oh *** it's a DK, nope" and then flame lash flame lash flame lash dead.
    Edited by Vermintide on August 18, 2019 8:57AM
  • chuckythexii
    chuckythexii
    ✭✭
    easily the most consistent criticism is how ugly they are, plz fix or give toggle or both.

I think undeath needs to be halved to a flat 15% reduction at all times this is because large damage hits basically negate its existence since it wont apply any reduction. I think this is why so many people complain about things like fire damage and Meridia Ult. If I have 20k total health and take 10k damage my remaining health will then be effectively 13.3k, however if I had not been at full health (say 12k) and took the same 10k hit my effective health would be 2600.

I think that the Bonus against undead that Meridia and flame damage gets compound this problem because its easy to get high damage with them against vampires, If Undeath was changed the other way around it would be still be powerful but the fire and undead damage and lack of regen would still be more powerful as a counter. This would leave Vampires as still powerful but only in the right situation, which is exactly how I think they and Werewolves ought to be so that not everyone is either one or the other.
  • FoulSnowpaw
    FoulSnowpaw
    ✭✭✭
    1. Mist Form is a troll ability just like Bolt Escape. Remove and replace with something better.
    ZOS reduced the cost of Mist Form in recent patches so people can troll with it more.
    Stacks with Undeath Passive which is by base, already over powered.

2. Vampirism mag/stam/damage reduction passives are becoming the meta rather than choice, and that breaks the game with at least 90% of the playerbase being vampires purely because it's a must have power boost. WW got nerfed with recent patch and no one plays it for any serious game content.
    Flame damage does not near make up for the undeath passive which reduces damage by up to 33% when below 50% health, which is undeniably a good offhand passive that stacks with all other skill tree passives simultaneously unlike WW. Execute almost never works as they should because there are no Flame Executes only Poison, Physical, Shock.
  • Elwarc
    Elwarc
    ✭✭✭
    First off, don't change vampire looks. It ruins it for people who actually like to be a vampire, make their char vampire themed.
    Rather give the people who don't want it an option to hide that.

About the 25% extra fire damage, remember when it was 50%, it already has seen a big nerf. Doesn't need to be nerfed down any further. If I have trouble with a boss, I reduce my stage but otherwise not.

What vampirism really needs is a complete rework of how it feels. You become a vampire, you rarely have to feed cuz you want to keep your bonuses. They should be earned by doing something, not by just waiting or spamming mist for 5 minutes to up your stage.
    I think it should be the other way around, a vampire should become more powerful if he feeds, give us a reason to go around and drain peoples blood, cuz atm we have none.
    Especially if you look at the questline with the vampires in eastmarch "The better of two evils".One of the NPCs states that he becomes more powerful as he feeds, but we don't, we lose our advantage if we do. Give us more reason to be on certain vampire stages in certain situations.
    We have chosen to take this curse, so we should have advantages and disadvantages, and not just a bit more fire weakness. It is called a curse for a reason.
    Being a vampire basically just turns you into a very pale version with more regen, who can sneak fast and is a bit more harder to kill, unless fire. It is just as bland and boring as it was in skyrim.
    Werewolves for example get totally different gameplay when they transform, why can't we vampires get that
    There are some great skyrim mods out there for vampirism gameplay like sanctosanct or vampire thirst that totally change the way of how vampirism feels.
    And yes I know, they can't implement it all the same, but there is some cool stuff to take inspiration from and rethink the whole thing.

The 2nd major pain point is that vampirism skills are mostly useless in PvE and there are too little. Give us a couple of good damage options for dds, maybe a crowd control skill or keep that mist for the tanks, give us a group heal that healers can use, or an optional burst heal. Something that drains the life of your foes and you can use to heal the group or just a single member. Give us skills that give us a good reason to become vampires.
    Combine that with some more drawbacks, more than just fire damage and some different advantages, and vampirism will become something people actually to have to think about if they want to or not.
    90% of tamriels population wouldn't be vampires if it was just shiny little advantages and like no drawback, and 90% of tamriels population being vampires makes no sense either.

A few minor points that annoy me.
    ...no one ever acknowledges you are a vampire
    ...your own char doesn't acknowledge he/she is a vampire
    ...quests that require vampire things like "The better of 2 evils" should allow you to use your own blood instead of having to get it from someone else. Give us a bit more RP
    ...vampire skills being used in town should give you a bounty, just like necro skills ( being a werwolves in town should do the same)