The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Class Rep] Vampire Feedback Thread

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I avoided being vampire on "competitive" toons for 1.5 years (I had 1 vampire purely for questing/mat gathering) because I considered that unfair advantage... but after all the nerfs... I had no other choice.

First days were rough... It was like all magDKs of the server came to hunt me... eventually I reduced to stage1 for future use... but then I decided to try elusive mist instead of wings... damn, it was best thing which happened to me in PVP in ESO.

I just saw 735 from swallow soul in recap... even if that is from PVE-er.. (though he was pretty high AP rank), but even on my PVE magblade crit build (which means low by PVP standards spell damage) I have ~10k tooltip self-buffed. Now let's reduce 10k by 12% and 22% of CP bonuses... we'll end up with 6.8k tooltip which is overall typical for ranged spammable in no-CP environment.

735/6800=89% mitigation. 89%. I had moderate spell resistance on that build - only 29k... and 89% mitigation just from mist+undeath+29k SR. Not OP, no sir. Thanks for maormer skin, now all my characters may become vampires without losing their identity... just because it is "balanced" to have free overall +8% more mitigation against all stamina specs and ~ 90% mitigation in mist. It doesn't cancels people's bursts, no of course not.. it doesn't allow me to survive against smallscales... it doesn't "eats" ultimates... I see meteor.. lol, I just go mist and that meteor barely hurts me and of course no stun. I received onslaught in my face... roll-dodge into mist... bye bye mister, wait another 30-40 seconds for another try. MagDK... 20% vs 75+%? lol, just kite away from them if they are high dps, reset to stage1 and come back.

Not that mist makes me immortal... but my ability to get away from being outnumbered just multiplied after I became vampire.

There is one downside of course - all this consumers a lot of food, but thankfully both bloody mara and bewitched skulls are not expensive to craft. So it only adds to immersion to drink some blood wine once in an hour when you reached lvl4 from lvl1.

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove undeath+mist stacking. It is simply stupid when even most powerful executes in the game can't cut through this 2 stacked. 75%+17% (at 25% HP) = 80% mitigation. Add here battle spirit and you got 90% before resistances and protective buffs. Even killer's blade / impale / executioner damage is neutered by this.

I died plenty of times while in mist form, plus it puts a big “kill me with fire and dawnbreaker!” target on you

I’m running Succession on my MagDk. I love seeing mist. I run RAT and keep right up with em. I got a Fossilize waiting on em...AND some whips. And leap’s cheap!
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    We're getting a revamp of the skill line and a new ultimate!

I'm cautiously optimistic.
    Despair for the Living...
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankfully the revamp doesn't seem to be locking all the skills behind a transformation which would royally suck imo.

Would be intetesting if the vamp skilline gives us two ults, but if anything rip bats. I for one hope bats is still in our kit (a nerfed version of the gap closer morph would be fun to use as a skill).
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I literally can’t wait very excited about it all especially feeding animation 🙂
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Artim_X wrote: »
    Thankfully the revamp doesn't seem to be locking all the skills behind a transformation which would royally suck imo.

Would be intetesting if the vamp skilline gives us two ults, but if anything rip bats. I for one hope bats is still in our kit (a nerfed version of the gap closer morph would be fun to use as a skill).

If Vampire Lord is the ultimate, it shouldn't lock your skills, but instead just enhance them or something similar.

Like the vampire's drain is normal in base, but when you transform it becomes far more powerful.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wooooooot!
  • Stravokov
    Stravokov
    ✭✭✭✭
    they said they are adding a mesmorize and a slash skill, but i wonder is that for non vampire lord? or will that be part of the skill line up in vampire lord form?

honestly the vampires in the trailer have that celerity/fast mist thing going on, i hope we get something like that!
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Stravokov wrote: »
    they said they are adding a mesmorize and a slash skill, but i wonder is that for non vampire lord? or will that be part of the skill line up in vampire lord form?

honestly the vampires in the trailer have that celerity/fast mist thing going on, i hope we get something like that!

Hmm, the mesmerize skill could be a reference to Vampire's Seduction that vampires get in Oblivion and Skyrim, but that's for base form. I have no idea what the slash skill might be except for maybe maybe the Vampire Lord's poison talons from Skyrim.
    Edited by Perashim on January 18, 2020 12:02AM
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    From what I've been reading, it seems that we are getting a vampire lord-like transformation as our ultimate.

It's called Blood Scion, and so far it doesn't seem like it's going to be locking our skills to the transformation and is just an enhancement to them instead (hopefully).
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they do not pork Vampires.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not touch mist form it’s a much needed skill
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should make it so when you become a vampire you get another resource bar which is your "blood". Certain abilities will add Blood and certain abilities will use blood. The amount of blood you have at the time of using an ability will act like a multiplier.

Obviously these abilities use blood to cast. And maybe even Magicka and stamina on top of that ! But not cost as much as other similar skills because it uses another resource on-top of one of those.

• Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) They are ugly as hell. I don't want to use a skin but it's the only way to change their ugly appearance.

2) The feeding animation is so, so, so... weird. I think I never use it. Is there a possibility to use a similar animation like the blade of boe? You know, like an actual vampire? :)

3) Fire damage is huge...
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delpi wrote: »
    1) They are ugly as hell. I don't want to use a skin but it's the only way to change their ugly appearance.

2) The feeding animation is so, so, so... weird. I think I never use it. Is there a possibility to use a similar animation like the blade of boe? You know, like an actual vampire? :)

3) Fire damage is huge...

Vampire is getting a complete overhaul this year. Including a jump on the back and biting into the neck animation. So maybe you will get your wish on the feeding. We are going to get vampire lord ultimate called the blood scion as well. So they are completely redoing the vampire.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For now, There is one pain point currently going through my mind right now.
    • The fact that you only get up to 33% damage reduction when below 50% health is an issue for PvE in my opinion, if the damage reduction were more frontloaded like say, gain up to 33% damage reduction when below 100% health, I would consider it since you have to deal with 20% - 25% weakness to fire or greater at stages 3 to 4 respectively, and a majority of enemies tend to use fire more than poison. Or better yet, make it so that you gain 16.5% damage reduction at all times seeing as how a vampires physique is usually a Lot harder to physically damage without the right weapons on hand and have the effect Double when dropping below 30% - 50% At Ranks 1 and 2 of Undeath respectively. That way vampires at stage 3 or greater have something to work with since the 10000 bonus armor for transformed werewolves is frontloaded.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe make vampires take damage from the sun or cut our resources in half if we aren’t wearing a hood or helmet 🤔
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Point of view on vampire skills, mechanics and stages of vampirism. Discussion at this thread. Hope someone will find it helpful.

Long post:
    Hello!
    Soon Greymoor chapter will be released and PTS cycle goes to its end, we already saw direction of vampire changes and i don’t like them in terms of skills and visual effects. So i wrote my point of view on all aspects of vampirism, inspired by all feedback on this forum. This changes are more of an overhaul of vampire skills, mechanics and stages of vampirism, more for my fun and with sliver hope, that this can be implemented as another vampire blood line in 4th quater DLC. It will be a long read, but it's structured and with pictures =) Hope you will like it, and if so, then click "agree" or "awesome", spread the word and summon ZOS devs in this thread.
    Enjoy reading!

Overview
    This version of vampirism allows to play with minor usage of vampire skills and feed once every 4 hours or play with full kit of thematic vampire skills (AoE, DoT, gap closer, dash) with active feeding in combat, in which vampire skills will help you to get behind the enemy. Stages of vampirism are not linear increased in strength, but shifted from magically powerful fully sated vampires with more human appearance and bodies full of blood to feral and physically powerful hungry vampires with more undeath appearance and bodies, the last 4th stage is starved vampires, alive, but weak, which encourages players to feed. One morph of the ultimate allows to transform in a different form, other morph allows to remain in regular vampire appearance but with increased power. Skills and passive, in my opinion, will suit all classes and roles(tank, healer, DD), magicka or stamina. All numbers can be tweaked and balanced, the main purpose is to give unique, thematic playstyle and feel for vampires.

Stages of vampirism

Stage 1: Vampires at this stage are fully sated, have more human appearance and bodies full of blood. At this stage their magical powers are at full potential.
    Weaknesses:
    - Flame damage taken +10%
    - Health recovery -25%
    - Healing taken from non vampire skills -10%
    Strengths:
    - Spell damage increased by 300 for vampire skills
    Passives:
    - Decrease the time it takes to enter Sneak by 50%
    - No speed penalty while channeling
    - Increase range of Vampiric Drain by 10 meters

Stage 2: At this stage vampires start to lose their humanity and part of magical bonuses, their appearance and body become more undeath, but more physically stronger.
    Weaknesses:
    - Flame damage taken +20%
    - Health recovery -50%
    - Healing taken from non vampire skills -20%
    Strengths:
    - Spell and weapon damage increased by 150 for vampire skills
    Passives:
    - No speed penalty while blocking
    - Reduce your damage taken by up to 15% based on your missing Health (from 100%)
    - Decrease your fall damage taken by 25%
    Lost passives compared to the previous stage:
    - Increase range of Vampiric Drain by 10 meters

Stage 3: Vampires at this stage are hungry, they lose their magical bonuses, appearance and body become more undeath, but hunger make them feral, their hunting instincts are growing, they gain more physical power and speed.
    Weaknesses:
    - Flame damage taken +30%
    - Health recovery -80%
    - Healing taken from non vampire skills -30%
    Strengths:
    - Weapon damage increased by 300 for vampire skills
    Passives:
    - Reduce your damage taken by up to 25% based on your missing Health (from 100%)
    - Increase your movement speed by 10%
    - Sneak don't cost resources. Allows you to sprint in Sneak

Stage 4: Vampires at this stage are starved, their appearance and body become more undeath, all their magical and physical bonuses are outweighed by weak state of this stage, except their unstoppable hunger and ability to sense their preys.
    Weaknesses:
    - Flame damage taken +40%
    - Health recovery -100%
    - Healing taken from non vampire skills -40%
    Strengths:
    - None
    Passives:
    - Detect creatures. Can sense(see) sneaking, invisible creatures and creatures behind obstacles. (Maybe except creatures without blood: dwarven automatons, skeletons etc. Not very big radius, to prevent abusing in PvP, checking number of enemies in keeps)
    - Can't be interrupted while Feeding or using Vampire Drain
    - Reduce your damage taken by up to 25% based on your missing Health (from 100%)
    - Increase your movement speed by 10%
    - Sneak don't cost resources. Allows you to sprint in Sneak
    Table for stages of vampirism, for easier comparison.
    wZdljzO.jpg

Health recovery weakness can be lower in shadows and inside buildings, for example by 20%, for additional roleplay element and vampiric gameplay. Don't know if this possible to achieve at ESO engine and at what cost.
    Regarding appearance. There always will be players with different preferences of which vampire stage they want to play and how their vampire must look, more human or more undeath. The only good option, in my opinion, is to release more appropriate skins and polymorphs for vampires, human-like, undeath-like, with bat faces, as some vampires in Volkihar clan and so on. There is no point in strict restrictions, because if you want to hide your vampiric appearance you already can, by using skin or closed helmet.

Feeding
    Feeding out of combat.
    If you feed on NPC out of combat and from behind you will kill him, as it will be on Live servers, but with longer bite animation, to emphasize that you dried him for the last drop. Player can choose not to kill NPC, you can use Mesmorize skill on NPC and this will allows you to feed on him in front, with shorter bite animation and keep him alive, it will also help in small rooms with small space behind NPC. If you kill NPC by drying him out you will restore all Health, if you keep him alive you will restore some portion of Health. Player also can feed on another player, but it will not kill him, it will start fight and activate Feeding in combat mechanics.

Feeding in combat
    This is crucial mechanics, which will add a lot of fun and vampiric feel to the combat, in my opinion. While in combat, you also can feed, to do so enemy must be stunned or player must be behind enemy(at melee range, no need to sneak). If at least one of the conditions fulfilled player can press "X" button and feed, animation must be very fast and precise, for example, vampire turn into the mist and instantly is behind enemy already in appropriate pose to execute the bite, all animations no longer than one second. To prevent collisions with animations of another player who can use Break Free or Dodge Roll both players, vampire and victim, can become stunned and invulnerable(covered with cloud of mist or bats) for that one second, this also will prevent setting up of burst combos, or killing victim by another players while he get bitten.

Skills

New crucial mechanics of vampire gameplay. Vampires will have Satiety bar under Magicka bar, similar to werewolves. This bar will be divided at four parts, four stages. r0ggy13.jpg
    Satiety will be slowly drained and will deplete one stage at 4 hours, but usage of vampire skills will deplete Satiety bar much faster, around 10-20 skills per stage. You can replenish Satiety for a little amount by using Vampire Drain skill, but this skill can't lower vampire stage. To lower vampire stage and replenish bar for one full stage you must bite enemy in combat, feed outside of combat or use Bloody Mara(to prevent abusing of Bloody Maras it could have 3-5 minutes timer).

*) Bite. Don't need to be slotted, ability out of skill line. While in combat, if enemy is stunned or you are behind him in melee range you can Bite him, dealing X damage and heal for Y health, scales from highest stat or have fixed values, maybe in percentages. Also lowers stage of vampirism by one and replenish Satiety bar by full stage.
    Direction of visual effects(gif):
    Jq0u8Im.gif
    Clarification: Core and very thematic element of gameplay. Allows you to heal and fuel the use of vampire skills. Animation must be fast, around 1 second.

1) First morph: Poison Talons. Toggle skill. Replaces your regular Light and Heavy attacks with melee attacks with the talons, each attack with talons stacks Corpse Poison, after 5 stacks slows enemy by 90% for 1 second. This slow can help you get behind enemy for Bite. Cost Stamina to activate, slightly decreases Satiety on each attack, Physical damage, restore Stamina on Heavy attacks. Attacks looks like those Bloodfiend NPC have, Heavy attack looks like series of 3-4 attacks.
    eG1CgGl.gif
    Second morph: Concentrated blood Toggle skill. Replaces your regular Light and Heavy attacks with ranged magical Light and Heavy attacks, each attack restore Health a little and increase Healing done by 1% for 8 seconds, maximum 8 stacks. Cost Magicka to activate, slightly decreases Satiety on each attack, Magical damage, restore Magicka on Heavy attacks. Heavy attack is AoE, with a short charging time.
    liSTIuI.gifuSqGsxJ.gif
    Additional features while in Transformed form: No cost to toggle on and don't decreases Satiety on each attack.

Clarification: Thematic vampire attacks. Replaces regular LA and HA, because of that weapon enchantments stop working while this skill is toggle on, but your LA and HA gets another properties: powerful slow or increased Healing done. Also with this toggle you can choose what type of recources you want to restore on HA, you can restore Stamina with your sword and Magicka with this toggle. At the moment of the attack, weapon disappears from the player’s hands, similar to psijic Mend Wounds skill. If you prefer vampire aesthetic in spammable attacks you can go HA build and attack primarily with claws and red magic spheres, while keeping the opportunity to use regular spammable skills.

2) First morph: Bat Swarm Dash. Dash, no target needed. Turns into swarm of bats and fly forward dealing X Magical damage to all enemies in the way, small group of bats stick to each enemy, continues to distract them and deal additional Y Magical damage every 1 second for 10 seconds and apply Minor Maim. Range 15 meters, cost Magicka, moderately decreases Satiety on each use. Looks more like Vampire NPCs dash with some magic ball inside of swarm, but bats must stick to the central ball all the way.
    Im1gxpm.gif
    Second morph: Hunger Swarm. Gap closer, needs target. Turns into swarm of bats and fly to the enemy dealing X Physical damage to all enemies in the way and heal you for part of the damage done, small group of bats stick to each enemy, keep dealing additional Y Physical damage every 1 second for 10 seconds and heal you for part of the damage done. You materialize behind the enemy, for easier Bite. Range 22 meters, cost Stamina, moderately decreases Satiety on each use. Visuals without magical element.
    lesK3Wb.gif
    Additional features while in Transformed form: Swarm of the bats constantly fly around player in a small radius and deal damage to nearby enemies. Damage type and additional properties depends on morph of appropriate skill.
    jsqfN0E.gif

Clarification: Canonic vampire power, have Magicka and Stamina morphs. Can be used as dash or gap closer or as a DoT ability.

3) First morph: Vampiric Drain. Ranged, channeling ability. Draws a stream of blood from enemy dealing X Magic damage, healing you for Y Health and generating 5 Ultimate every 1 second for 3 seconds. Range 12 meters, cost Magicka, don't decreases Satiety, on the contrary moderately replenish Satiety bar. Visuals looks like the flow of blood. Old Invigorating Drain skill had very good visuals and sound, perhaps, flow could be a little wider.
    3PqsAlk.gif
    Second morph: Relentless Drain. Ranged, channeling ability. Draws a stream of blood from enemy decreasing his Health for X% of his maximum Health and healing you for Y% of your missing Health every 1 second for 3 seconds. Range 12 meters, cost Magicka, have damage cap, don't decreases Satiety, on the contrary moderately replenish Satiety bar. This morph also looks like the flow of blood, difference in visuals can be achieved by slightly different color, speed of flow, particles near hand.
    6nEVsQm.gif
    Additional features while in Transformed form: Can lower stage of vampirism, additionally restores small portions of Magicka and Stamina

Clarification: Important spell in vampire kit. This ability allows you to deal average damage, restore Health and Satiety. Its range increases to 22 meters on the first stage of vampirism due to passive skill. It can't lower stage of vampirism, so if you use vampire skills a lot and don't use Bite for some reason, you must use Vampiric Drain more often to fuel your vampiric power.

4) Unmorphed: Mesmerize. Stun. Mesmerizes target for 4 seconds by putting hypnotic effect around his head. Don't needs eye contact, can't be blocked. Range 10 meters, cost Magicka, moderately decreases Satiety on each use.
    qnrkFuz.gif
    First morph: Nightmare. Stun. Creates a hypnotic effect around the head of the enemy, fearing him for 4 seonds. The enemy begins to see nightmare visions, which afflicting him with Minor Vulnerability and dealing X Magic damage each 1 second for 10 seconds. Don't needs eye contact, can't be blocked. Range 10 meters, cost Magicka, moderately decreases Satiety on each use.
    xouqaRa.gif
    Second morph: Dizziness. Stun. Quickly turns the opponent with his back to himself by putting hypnotic effect around his head, stuns him for 4 seconds and set Off Balance. This make him easy target to Bite. Don't needs eye contact, can't be blocked. Range 10 meters, cost Magicka, moderately decreases Satiety on each use.
    lkZWBHM.gif
    Additional features while in Transformed form: Increases range to 22 meters. Pulls an enemy to you, deals X Physical damage, based on your highest offensive stat and and after use on of the skill morphs. Works similar to Fiery Grip skills. Overall animation and visuals similar to Vampiric Grip from TES: Skyrim.
    sdl7rE9.gif

Clarification: When used against peaceful NPCs always works unmorphed Mesmerize skill.

5) First morph: Poison mist. Invisability + Mist form + Ground AoE DoT ability. Dissolve into a mist form for 4 seconds and create cloud of poison mist around you in a large area which deals X Poison damage to all enemies in the area every 1 second for 10 seconds. Entering this form grants you invisibility, Major Expedition, reducing your damage taken by 75%, removes and grants immunity to all disabling and immobilization effects, but you cannot be healed. If you leave area of the mist cloud you will become visible. Invisibility and increased movement speed allows you to avoid damage and get behind enemy to Bite him. Radius 8 meters, cost Stamina, moderately decreases Satiety on each use.
    s4FwsVq.gif
    First morph: Blood mist. Ranged ground AoE ability. Launch mist projectile on the groud to the targeted location which deals damage to all enemies in the way for X Magic damage and heals you for part of the damage dealt. When projectile hit targeted location it creates cloud of blood mist which deals damage to all enemies in the area for Y Magic damage and heals you for part of the damage dealt. While you stays inside the mist heal from this ability is doubled. Range 22 meters, radius 6 meters, cost Magicka, moderately decreases Satiety on each use. Heal from the mist cloud looks like small parts of the Blood mist returns to the player.
    VPmZS7r.gif
    Additional features while in Transformed form: While you stays inside the mist damage of this ability is doubled.

Clarification: Melee and ranged options for ground AoE. First morph looks like you instantly disappear in the mist cloud and can be used to avoid, mitigate damage or get behind enemy to Bite him.

6) Ultimate. First morph: Transformed form. Transforms into more powerful form. All vampire skills receive additional features (described above). In this form you attack with your claws and can't use weapon skills, but can alter your Light and Heavy attacks to ranged by Concentrated blood toggle skill. After the first 15 seconds in this form, your Satiety begins to decrease, you can replenish Satiety by Vampiric Drain skill or by Bite. Ultimate ends when player wants or when Satiety decrease to zero. Transformed form, first of all, looks like vampire, without horns, not very tall, have more predator stance, movements agile, have sharp claws. Not very important with or without wing stumps if the final look is good.
    Direction of visual effects(jpg):
    L2jJpNb.jpg
    Ultimate. First morph: Ancient blood. While use this ability you combine strengths of all stages of vampirism and keep the minimum weaknesses of stage 1(see the table above). This ultimate keeps your regular appearance, you can use all skills. After the first 15 seconds of using this ultimate, your Satiety begins to decrease, you can replenish Satiety by Vampiric Drain skill or by Bite. Ultimate ends when player wants or when Satiety decrease to zero. To highlight that the player activated this Ultimate visual effects should be added to his model. Not very bright, maybe some smoke or mist coming from the surface of the body and falls to the ground, when player moves, mist can leave a small trail.
    Direction of visual effects(jpg):
    rijeHm5.jpg

Clarification: Both morphs can be tweaked, more buffs can be added according to balance. In fact, both ultimate morphs can be without transformation, if there will be enough options to customise your vampire character with appropriate skins and polymorphs.

Thank you for reading!
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have a morph of Eviscerate scale with Stamina. Just one ability won't hurt.
  • Totino
    Totino
    Soul Shriven
    I have only one complaint about what I have seen of the Vampire changes, however it is a _big_ one.

tl;dr:
    1) Don't increase non-vampire skill costs AT ALL
    2) Don't take away the passive Mag/Stam regen (actually this is a distant second, I'm fine with this as long as you fix 1)

The primary reason I play ESO vs any other MMO out there, is due to its core design philosophy of any class any build. You get your 2x5 skill bar and ults and you can freely mix and match from a huge list of skills across many unlockable skill lines. This is such a cool concept!

The Vampire changes completely violate that basic design principal, by virtue of making all non-vampire skills cost more. Vampire should be another skill line to unlock and add to your toolkit. What you seem to be implying here is that it's your whole concept now, except it's not the player's concept, it's the designers. You want to be a Vampire? Here this is what vampires are now. This is absolutely lame.

I love some of the new skills, and how they "feed" off of each other is nice. But you need to not penalize other skills, finding interesting combinations of skills from various skill lines is the _whole point_ of ESO. None of the other skill lines that I have do that.

Then on top of all that taking away the passive Mag/Stam recovery is like insult to injury big time. If you think that's too powerful, fine, take it away, but you absolutely don't need to take away the extra recovery _AND_ increase all my ability costs, too. For many players it's an RP choice, not a mechanical one. I just want to be (my build) but also a vampire.
    Edited by Totino on May 25, 2020 9:46PM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please future vampire changes give us a stamina morph of eviscerate
  • Josira
    Josira
    ✭✭✭✭
    1:Art and Animations. they are low quality compared to everything else. Necromancer,Warden and the Psijic Skill Line all have new animations,Necromancer has great animations,ones that fit in well with weaving and are short and sweet. Eviscerate is just slapping someone with your weapon,the art design of the effect doesn't look good at all and the animation does not have any impact that a spamable ability should.

2: Blood Scion looks like a Daedric Clown. Lore Wise if they are different then Vampire Lords then they should look different. they don't look scary. they look...goofy. balance wise they need gapclosers to keep up with enemies too. as soon as they are seen in pvp,it puts a "run away from me" flag on them as they tower over everyone else. while the Blood Scion just stays there and honk's their clown nose. jokes aside,in a pvp perspective,they cannot put pressure on their targets,due to lack of gapclosers,and for something that should be melee based,this is a problem.
    "BlooD FReNZy TicKS aLL thE BoXes of WhaT iT mEanS tO bE a VaMpiRe"
  • Zekka
    Zekka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mesmerize and its morph is a terrible stun and I'm very disappointed, the cone AoE of Mesmerize/Stupefy is tiny which makes it useless and even Hypnosis' AoE doesn't feel much bigger, certainly not a 360° AoE as stated in the tooltip.
    Stunning is literally all it does and it doesn't even do that well, so back to Flame Clench I guess…

Suggestion: Make the 360° AoE part of the base skill, remove the snare from Stupefy and make it inflict Minor Maim instead, make Hypnosis inflict Minor Vulnerability.

Edit: I see now why even Hypnosis doesn't always stun, opponent has to face you to be affected even if said opponent is in the AoE. Completely stupid as it makes it very unwieldy especially since positioning in ESO is not very reliable, remove that requirement.
    Edited by Zekka on May 27, 2020 8:40AM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not possible. One morph is reserved for health cost and the remaining ones makes more sense to be magicka.
    Hm... Unless you make the non-health one scale with the highest stat.
    (o.o)!
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

Not possible. One morph is reserved for health cost and the remaining ones makes more sense to be magicka.
    Hm... Unless you make the non-health one scale with the highest stat.
    (o.o)!
    Id be happy with that to health cost scaling with highest stat I play stamblade and I would be 100% happy with investing full vampire if it’s possible on stamblade being on console I can’t test it though.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zekka wrote: »
    Mesmerize and its morph is a terrible stun and I'm very disappointed, the cone AoE of Mesmerize/Stupefy is tiny which makes it useless and even Hypnosis' AoE doesn't feel much bigger, certainly not a 360° AoE as stated in the tooltip.
    Stunning is literally all it does and it doesn't even do that well, so back to Flame Clench I guess…

Suggestion: Make the 360° AoE part of the base skill, remove the snare from Stupefy and make it inflict Minor Maim instead, make Hypnosis inflict Minor Vulnerability.

Edit: I see now why even Hypnosis doesn't always stun, opponent has to face you to be affected even if said opponent is in the AoE. Completely stupid as it makes it very unwieldy especially since positioning in ESO is not very reliable, remove that requirement.
    That will be insanely OP. Minor maim is one of the most powerful de-buffs in the game. I think only major defile is in same league.
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When switching bars, Simmering Frenzy stays toggled on, while Blood Mist toggles off. Not sure if it's a bug or not, but both staying on when switching bars would be good. Cheers!
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That will be insanely OP. Minor maim is one of the most powerful de-buffs in the game. I think only major defile is in same league.

Major Maim says hi.
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭

Major Maim says hi.

Lol. I dont think thats as easily accessible to most classes though, and certainly not with a high uptime.
  • xryanvb16_ESO
    xryanvb16_ESO
    ✭✭
    Plz give eviscerate a ranged morph, also the ultimate is not great especially perfect scion maybe give it a way to sustain like werewolf... maybe you could give a synergy to drain enemies that are about to die to keep ultimate going.