The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is Necromancer Goliath Bash Spam intended?

• eol
    eol
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a solution to say 'spread out and use tactics'. Spreading out just means the skill will kill fewer people. It doesn't stop it from being a grossly overpowered skill. Given any lag or cc or anything short of ideal circumstances, I can go from full health to dead virtually instantly.

Also, its frankly idiotic to say that 'we wanted some way to stop zergs', so that makes Goliath Bash OK. Jeesh. That's like having the vendor sell tactical nukes to stop zergs. We already have bombers which are good against grouped up enemies but not very effective in other circumstances. Yes, we want ways to stop zergs... but not ridiculously overpowered skills that annihilate solo targets as well as groups. The only real way to reliably defend against it is to hope its activated at a distance so you can see it coming, and run... which usually happens because it killed someone else first. And any skill where the best defense is just running away, is not a balanced skill. Period.
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else thinking by balance they mean completely gut the ultimate to oblivion?
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder which dev a bash necro killed.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone killed a ballgroup leader two nights back while streaming. Said ballgroup leader was a little...his team was a little...even if they nerf it no one is going to forget. It was funny. For us. Tbh it really could have been dodged. But the leader was turtling.
    Edited by merevie on June 29, 2019 10:15AM
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm glad ZOS is fixing it now instead of waiting for the next major update.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    I'm glad ZOS is fixing it now instead of waiting for the next major update.

If only they did that with other pressing concerns cough* pet sorc cough* cough*

lets be honest they will probably buff them again
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mitaka211 wrote: »
    Anyone else thinking by balance they mean completely gut the ultimate to oblivion?
    Well outside of the overpowered bash-spam, the ultimate really isn't all that great. It can save you against not-so-good players that aren't organized, but it's quite weak as a defensive ultimate when you're up against anyone decent.

Without the bash-spam being OP, I also don't see it having much use as an offensive ultimate, either. Why would you want to sacrifice jewelry enchants to use an expensive ultimate for "pressure damage" when you could instead run Dawnbreaker or the Colossus? ZOS really needs to change up both morphs of this ultimate, rather than simply altering the damage calculation - I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens on Monday.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the new exploit has met it's end. Guess for Necromancers who spammed Goliath Bash it's back to the drawing board.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    Well the new exploit has met it's end. Guess for Necromancers who spammed Goliath Bash it's back to the drawing board.
    Too bad that drawing board is a big ole' turd. Stamina Necromancer - which is the only version of the class that can really abuse the bash spam - has far better options than Magicka Necromancer, but it's still not where it needs to be.

I'm by no means against changing this ultimate; anyone with an ounce of objectivity can see that the damage it can put out is ridiculous. But I'm hoping there are some other worthwhile balancing changes and bug fixes coming along with the same patch.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just another nerf of a fun PVE skill to pander to the PVP whiners .. par for the course for this game. :(
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Just another nerf of a fun PVE skill to pander to the PVP whiners .. par for the course for this game. :(

LOL :trollface:
  • bugmom
    bugmom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha - just saw bash taking out BRIDGES and siege weapons today. I want a skill on all classes that can do that *** and be a repeatable ult that mega kills over and over!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite interested to see how they nerf this. From AoE to ST maybe? Or something like full damage for the first target and then subsequently less for every other target?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Quite interested to see how they nerf this. From AoE to ST maybe? Or something like full damage for the first target and then subsequently less for every other target?

How about they just turn off 1H&S buffing it, or turn it into X damage per second in a cone. But hey, it is ZOS. They will absolutely ruin the ability, make it a tether or something.
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think this build is just insane and destroys the fun of the game but I saw someone suggest tieing the damage to las instead of bash but keeping the damage the same so it can only be done once a second not twice a second.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hm, I wonder if any of the other sorely needed Necro adjustments will be occurring in the coming patch too?
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm, I wonder if any of the other sorely needed Necro adjustments will be occurring in the coming patch too?

100% no. Magicka Necromancer will be buffed in 6 months if at all, look at Magicka Warden.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah they gonna leave this worthless class at bottom tier and then remove the only thing it has going for it... bash bs- Unfortunately
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Fengrush wasn’t outnumbered last night, that’s just the line he feeds his sheep.

Are you kidding? Watch last 2 hours of stream. Lmao. It was easily the whole AD faction.

Perhaps it was the entire AD faction but he was also stacked with the entire DC faction, all the scroll buffs and a stam necro emp...so still not outnumbered. You don't need a broken ability to hump the last emp keep with your faction after day capping the map.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • CritsTheBed
    CritsTheBed
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

We've seen your feedback and concerns about the Pummeling Goliath ability and the detrimental impact it is currently having in PvP content. As a result, we have some significant changes coming for the ability and other related mechanics in next week's incremental patch. Watch for full details in the patch notes on Monday. :smile:

THANK YOU
  • Sybreed_Neurodrive
    Insco851 wrote: »

Nah they gonna leave this worthless class at bottom tier and then remove the only thing it has going for it... bash bs- Unfortunately

That's not true, im playing magicka necromancer in pvp, my new main and i have no issues with dmg or sustain, i won't share my secrets tho. self made build :)
  • Pelican
    Pelican
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

We've seen your feedback and concerns about the Pummeling Goliath ability and the detrimental impact it is currently having in PvP content. As a result, we have some significant changes coming for the ability and other related mechanics in next week's incremental patch. Watch for full details in the patch notes on Monday. :smile:

Please do not nerf bashing AS A WHOLE. The only issue is the s&b bash damage increase passive applying to the necro's goliath bash.
    PC NA - EP Solo PvP Player
    https://www.youtube.com/c/pelicaneso
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelican wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Please do not nerf bashing AS A WHOLE. The only issue is the s&b bash damage increase passive applying to the necro's goliath bash.

Bashing as a whole is overperforming, ur DK knows it.
  • Sybreed_Neurodrive
    They should rework the entire pummeling ulti tbh, it's pretty garbage
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not true, im playing magicka necromancer in pvp, my new main and i have no issues with dmg or sustain, i won't share my secrets tho. self made build :)
    No, he's absolutely correct - Magicka Necromancer is hands down the worst class in the game right now. Until I see some hard evidence, I will continue to dismiss these claims of, "Magicka Necromancer is great, you guys just don't know about my super secret build" out of hand. Playing in low MMR BGs and/or "potato mashing" in Cyrodiil can warp one's perspective; good kill/death ratios are very possible in those scenarios even on a class that's really bad.

What platform are you on? If it's PC-NA, I could get you duo queued into some high MMR BGs and let you see what's really going on with Magicka Necromancer. Going up against people that have good damage, positioning, etc...causes Magicka Necromancer to fall apart. The Colossus Ultimate with a full premade coordinating other ults/roots/snares/etc...is pretty strong, but outside of that the class is just garbage when it's actually pushed to the limit.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magwarden cloned Magcro is probably the best way to play it and the burst window isn’t as clean. Perma>Collosus/Goliath
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomorrow!! I'm scared/excited....

What will happen???
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What will happen???

Bash gonna get nerfed, but the coding change is gonna buff lag...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »

What will happen???

Bash gonna get nerfed, but the coding change is gonna buff lag...

I'll will blame you personally if the lag increases....

Totally all
    Your
    Fault
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Pelican wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Bashing as a whole is overperforming, ur DK knows it.

Just wow. I think people just like to hyperventilate and say "overperforming". If 2K-ish damage is op, just find an easier game.

Overperformance is such a flacid word. It means something is slightly better than other things. The old school term was OVER POWERED. Something dominated every other thing. You nerf over powered. You don't do anything about over performing because random changes in the meta make over performance change over short periods of time.