Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help, Volume Two

• BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are indeed. That's the only Mines of Khuras in the game. As to the 2920 books you're looking for, all I can suggest is to continue looking through bookshelves. Unfortunately, they're extremely RNG-reliant, so it may be awhile. Or it may be later today.

That's what got me confused. How did you get into the "Old Wyrd Site" post-quest? The entrance in Mines of Khuras is completely disabled (not even "inactive" but not even showing up as object). I thought maybe you meant there's some other entrance.

As for the 2920 books, I want to confirm if the bookshelves I am looking at are correct -- because some sources say they are in the Imperial City bookshelves, while other sources give a different zone. Or even not bookshelves?

Here are some screenshots I took while in game just now of the location of the entrance. It doesn't matter, because the book does not appear to be there after the quest, but in case they add the book back to this location post-quest in a future update, here's how you get there:
    r3w9uensdfgh.png
    200t0499qez4.png

As to the bookshelves, Bangkorai/Reaper's/Riften for the one, Craglorn for another, and Imperial City (I do believe the sewer books can, in fact, be found in any Imperial City bookcase based on repeated confirmations of that in the last thread) for the ones that say to go there. The listed locations are where, if I remember correctly, I found those books.
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me where to find Khadabi's Rules? I can't find it anywhere.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MRusso89 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where to find Khadabi's Rules? I can't find it anywhere.

It should be in Darkpool Mine, in the center altar room, on a small wooden walkway just north of the altar.
  • Zayoo
    Zayoo
    ✭✭✭
    @BrightOblivion

you are a total saint. Thanks again for putting so much effort in this thread ^^. I am only missing 3 books total now and those are bugged atm.

The books are the following:

Tome of the Undaunted - Not to be found anywhere
    Sealed Imperial Summons (Elsweyr Prologue Quest starter) - Can't be read twice
    Pearl Research Notes, Log 3 - Inaccessible after the Quest in Tor-Hame-Khard in Summerset

@someonewhogivesashitatZoS: Please fix those
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here are some screenshots I took while in game just now of the location of the entrance. It doesn't matter, because the book does not appear to be there after the quest, but in case they add the book back to this location post-quest in a future update, here's how you get there:
    ... Hmmm. Are you sure you already did the prologue on that character? Because here's what I get (or rather don't) there:

gn5gumzjxwf5.png
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Books Which Are Unobtainable to Members of Certain Alliances
    Updated Instructions from Dortene, Information Request from Emeric : Military Order and Reports (AD, EP)

I see that it mentions only the DC books as unobtainable (and it also says DC can grab all of them). Can someone tell where exactly are the EP books (Pact Recruitment and A Warning from Zimmerion) located outside their base?
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MreeBiPolar :

Given that's my lore hunter on whom I have that book, I'm reasonably sure I have completed that quest, yes. All I can suggest is making sure your quest didn't get rolled back and Vanus isn't vainly trying to get your attention in a Mage's Guild somewhere. He does that.

Blasted Psijics messing with the time continuum.

Regarding the second question, I know there are four books near the south gatehouse. Two are shown on the Lorebooks map. The other two are in side room things (enclosed except for the path through) equidistant from the gate on the second floor, next to the outside wall. I have difficulty remembering which two are which.

Because I can't be any more helpful than that at this time (I'm not going to be able to run down books until at least Thursday), and because time can be limited when sneaking behind the gate, I would suggest perhaps taking an EP toon (if you have one) into the 7 day campaign to pin down the locations. That way, when the gate opens, you can go right to it.
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know about fixing books:
    1. 3 books in house in Sil-Var-Woad on Summerset. Cant get it after quest.
    2. Book "A Request for Relief" in two categories: Skillbooks i get it from bookshelf, and "A Request for Relief" in Crafting books is still not collected. Is it two diffrend books or one book in two categories?
    Edited by This_0ne on June 24, 2019 7:37AM
  • flynntribe
    Sunspire Lorebook locations

jalkd1xf564v.jpeg
    88vb2lx90fmd.jpeg
    Edited by flynntribe on June 28, 2019 2:13AM
  • flynntribe
    aexdplmcjpho.jpeg
    v5cj2c7j3di2.jpeg
  • flynntribe
    5e5mmq40ps8t.jpeg
    i9awujp8dmwp.jpeg
  • flynntribe
    9mgty1vkdt15.jpeg
    tudlogncxf1v.jpeg
  • flynntribe
    s46tbqfheqgq.jpeg
    mpja1phw38c9.jpeg
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This_0ne wrote: »
    2. Book "A Request for Relief" in two categories: Skillbooks i get it from bookshelf, and "A Request for Relief" in Crafting books is still not collected. Is it two diffrend books or one book in two categories?

1. You can get to these after the quest by jumping up a few rocks in a pen with a broken fence next to the main building. There are other posts and threads that give more specific directions and pictures. I will try to link them when I can.

2. The Crafting book Request for Relief is a random spawn on bookshelves throughout Craglorn. There are shelves in the Mage building on the southwest edge of Belkarth if you don’t want to venture further afield. If you do, try also checking the shelves in the several Skyreach dungeons. It may take several refreshes to get it to appear, since there are more books in the pool than shelves where they can spawn.
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    This_0ne wrote: »

1. You can get to these after the quest by jumping up a few rocks in a pen with a broken fence next to the main building. There are other posts and threads that give more specific directions and pictures. I will try to link them when I can.

2. The Crafting book Request for Relief is a random spawn on bookshelves throughout Craglorn. There are shelves in the Mage building on the southwest edge of Belkarth if you don’t want to venture further afield. If you do, try also checking the shelves in the several Skyreach dungeons. It may take several refreshes to get it to appear, since there are more books in the pool than shelves where they can spawn.

Thank you very much, get all that books.
  • StrafeSinnlos
    StrafeSinnlos
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone help me get Letter to Lady Sulima? I missed it when doing the quest in Hew's Bane, and the quest location is no longer accessible. Are there any alternative ways to get this book?
    Edited by StrafeSinnlos on July 3, 2019 3:55AM
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MreeBiPolar :

Given that's my lore hunter on whom I have that book, I'm reasonably sure I have completed that quest, yes. All I can suggest is making sure your quest didn't get rolled back and Vanus isn't vainly trying to get your attention in a Mage's Guild somewhere. He does that.

Blasted Psijics messing with the time continuum.

Unfortunately, not. I am unable to start this quest again.
    Regarding the second question, I know there are four books near the south gatehouse. Two are shown on the Lorebooks map. The other two are in side room things (enclosed except for the path through) equidistant from the gate on the second floor, next to the outside wall. I have difficulty remembering which two are which.

Because I can't be any more helpful than that at this time (I'm not going to be able to run down books until at least Thursday), and because time can be limited when sneaking behind the gate, I would suggest perhaps taking an EP toon (if you have one) into the 7 day campaign to pin down the locations. That way, when the gate opens, you can go right to it.

I have crawled over both gates, but was able to only find one of the missing books, Pact Recruitment (on the 3rd floor of the gate) and one of the books I already read, Chastisement from Zimmeron on the 2nd. No sign of A Warning from Zimmeron and whatever the other one I already read is...
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MreeBiPolar Alright. I had some time to venture back into Cyrodiil to chase down the exact locations of these books. Pictures in the spoiler. Chastisement is on the second floor. Warning and Pact Recruitment are on the third. Hopefully, the minimap location helps.
    7vxcj7sjcjvr.png
    y9ug9qf54bzz.png
    w1vwb2sb8g21.png
    zm3k1wgrl64t.png

Regarding the Note to Vanus, that is indeed unfortunate. Hopefully, when ZOS gives the book a post-quest location (as I've said, even if you can get into the area, the book isn't there), they also make sure that it's accessible and there aren't any broken doors. Until then, all we can do is wait.

It's not ideal, I know. Fortunately, however, Scalebreaker should be hitting the PTS relatively soon. With it, hopefully, more book fixes will appear.

@StrafeSinnlos You're looking for a door located next to where my arrow is on the map. It leads into the front garden area where you dodge guards and servants to enter the mansion proper and maneuver around to get the book. It's sitting on a desk in her room on the first floor and is still there after the quest. At least, it was for me when I ran it just now. Couldn't snap a picture because someone had dragged a guard in there.
    6chaedoakggg.png

Happy hunting!

@flynntribe Those pictures of the Sunspire book locations are amazing, and should really help those people looking for them. If I credit you for them (as has been done with all of the other pictures in the main post), may I please add them to the main post? That way, they're easier to find for people looking for them at some perhaps-distant point in the future, as opposed to telling them "It's somewhere earlier in the thread."

Edited because I'm a dingus and forgot to include the picture of Sulima's Mansion's working door.
    Edited by BrightOblivion on July 3, 2019 3:24PM
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MreeBiPolar Alright. I had some time to venture back into Cyrodiil to chase down the exact locations of these books. Pictures in the spoiler. Chastisement is on the second floor. Warning and Pact Recruitment are on the third. Hopefully, the minimap location helps.

Thanks. Checking them on my Pact char first, because I didn't see the Warning and Conquer on her for some reason.
    Regarding the Note to Vanus, that is indeed unfortunate. Hopefully, when ZOS gives the book a post-quest location (as I've said, even if you can get into the area, the book isn't there), they also make sure that it's accessible and there aren't any broken doors. Until then, all we can do is wait.

If not, maybe we need to gather a crowd when they stream ESO next and spam the chat en masse with "when will the books get fixed?" questions :)
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If not, maybe we need to gather a crowd when they stream ESO next and spam the chat en masse with "when will the books get fixed?" questions :)

It may seem surprising, but I'm actually against this. I mean, I strongly support keeping them aware of it- updating this thread, reminding them at AMAs, conventions, and ESO Lives that "Hey, this is something we really care about and it's still not fixed," and other things of that nature. I expect that, unless something unforeseen happens, I'll be posting another thread in the Scalebreaker PTS section with updates on which books are fixed and which still need to be looked at, and updating it weekly/as I find more information. I also expect I'll probably be bug-reporting some missing books and maybe even cajoling some people to go explore the new dungeons so I can find the new books.

However, there's a difference between making sure they're aware of it and spamming over and over again, either in chat or with tons of posts on the forums, to the point that it actually hinders what other people are doing. It doesn't make ZOS fix the books (or anything else) any faster. The update comes out when it comes out and the coding's done when it's done. It doesn't win you any supporters or encourage people to go "Hey, ZOS, you need to fix those books for the people spamming in chat." It just annoys people and, to me, is a disrespect to both the folks at ZOS who are taking the time to talk about whatever it is they're talking about and to your fellow players who are tuning in/trying to chat/browsing the forums. Those people and what matters to them are just as important.

Being an advocate for what's important to you is one thing. Being a nuisance and a disruption is something completely different, and it's something I'd prefer we not wind up doing. Hopefully, that makes sense/seems reasonable/doesn't come off as though I'm targeting or lecturing anyone. I really don't intend that.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being an advocate for what's important to you is one thing. Being a nuisance and a disruption is something completely different, and it's something I'd prefer we not wind up doing. Hopefully, that makes sense/seems reasonable/doesn't come off as though I'm targeting or lecturing anyone. I really don't intend that.

Well, the use of word "spamming" was meant not as a nuisance, but as a "posting it a lot in a short time. The purpose is not as a nuisance or disruption (if you watched their twitch chat during streams, you'd sure see why), but for it to be noticed. They do sometimes take/answer chat questions during streams, but for a question to be noticed, you really have to keep spamming it.

I am submitting bug reports, too, but frankly, the complete lack of even acknowledgment (when was last time you saw anyone from ZoS even post anything in any of these threads) is annoying. We don't need them to have it as a priority or give any kind of a roadmap, but no feedback at all is no good, either.
  • Alisyra
    Alisyra
    Soul Shriven
    Krisandra Edrald's Journal Vol. 2 is unobtainable after the quest 'A change of heart' in Rivenspire.
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alisyra

I just ran around that area, and it appears that all three volumes of Krasandra Edrald's Journal are unobtainable after the quest. Likely because they disappear when you interact with them, something that poses a problem if you're doing the quest with other people. They grab the book and you can't add it to your library because it's not there.

Adding them to the list.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    PTS patch notes:

Quests
    Culture Clash: Two books that were present during the quest now have post-quest versions.
    Lost at Sea: The post-quest theater scene will now play properly.

Illumination Academy: Copies of the following books are now visible after completing the Illumination Academy quests:
    The Forest Dark
    The Siege of Ald Marak
    The Truth of Minotaurs

General
    Added copies of the books “Information Request from Emeric” and “Updated Instructions from Dortene” to an area accessible to Aldmeri and Ebonheart players, assuming you're ready to invade the Daggerfall compound.
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MreeBiPolar I may have figured out why the door wasn't even giving you a "locked" interaction with it and was completely gone. If you're in combat, even if you've run completely past everything without being hit, you can't try to open doors and boxes and chest and things, yes? If you ran past all of the bad guys like I just did, you're going to have aggroed a few which, though they might not be hitting you at the time, will still have you marked in combat and prevent you from even seeing an interaction option.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    (Edit: it for some reason included two of my previous replies)
    @MreeBiPolar I may have figured out why the door wasn't even giving you a "locked" interaction with it and was completely gone. If you're in combat, even if you've run completely past everything without being hit, you can't try to open doors and boxes and chest and things, yes? If you ran past all of the bad guys like I just did, you're going to have aggroed a few which, though they might not be hitting you at the time, will still have you marked in combat and prevent you from even seeing an interaction option.

Nah, I was not in combat, and it is even funnier based on patch notes:

"Through a Veil Darkly: The exit from the Wyrd site caverns in the Mines of Khuras can now be used without finding the single, solitary pixel over which you must hover. Blasted Wyresses, with their weird door magic. Wyrd door magic?"
    Edited by MreeBiPolar on July 8, 2019 9:18PM
  • Dark_Claw
    Dark_Claw
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where to find “Mages Guild Authorization”? It’s supposedly in Elden Hollow 1 but I’ve been wandering around for over an hour with no luck.
  • Cupco
    Cupco
    Soul Shriven
    Can someone provide an exact location for "Coils of the Father"? I have tried many of the coordinates listed here but none of the bookshelves found at those locations have it. Obviously, I have already completed the Torinaan quest and no longer enter the dungeon area.

Edit: Nevermind. I eventually found it in the one bookshelf in the central building of Mournhold. Also, I finally found The Apprentices' God in the Stormwarden Undercroft.
    Edited by Cupco on July 22, 2019 1:51AM
  • Cupco
    Cupco
    Soul Shriven
    Now I need help with "Letter to Egranor". Again, I finished the quest prior to having eidetics available. It is no longer available at its original location. There are supposed to be to photos at the beginning of this thread that show where it is, but they are bugged. Can anyone help me find it?

Edit: Once again, I have answered my own question. It is in the dungeon area where you find the brother in "The Veiled Choice" quest.4oo2ent6bung.png
    Edited by Cupco on July 22, 2019 3:33AM
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cupco I'm terribly sorry no one offered any help, though I'm glad you were able to find the books you were looking for. Unfortunately, bookshelves are just like that- pure RNG out of a relatively large pool- and the only way to get a particular book is to keep trying bookcases until you get it. (It makes trying to verify whether or not a book is actually in a particular pool a considerable pain, to be honest.) Additionally, thanks for pointing out that that image is broken in the main post. I've noticed a number of them are like that, and will try to replace them with working images when I'm able to do so (unless other people decide to do that first).

As some might know, I've been on the PTS running through the quests associated with the currently-known bugged books and taking screenshots of them for a write-up of exactly what's going on with them and my suggestions for fixes, as well as my notes regarding the fixes that were made in week 1 of the PTS (nothing has happened since). In the interest of having everything available in one place and the information not getting lost in the chaos of the PTS subforum, I am also going to past it here (now that it's finally done). Be warned, it's kind of a lot of information.
    Let's start with the ones they recently added:

The Forest Dark
    bx7xsieu04zm.png
    The Siege of Ald Mirak
    m09non4scvjm.png
    The Truth of Minotaurs (You can also see Forest Dark on the seat in the left and Siege on the barrel to the right)
    ji5gg4exd0er.png

Updated Instructions from Dortene
    um7rzyy26d73.png
    Information Request from Emeric
    vn1lxri6vhjv.png

Yes. Those are DC siege engines to the side. Because the new location for these books is in the encampment where new DC toons go to learn about siege weapons. Way back here. (They weren't kidding about having to invade the DC compound):
    nikwqynrloei.png

On to the bugged ones! These are going to be done in more detail, with pictures (hopefully) inside nested spoiler tags to make scrolling easier. Note that, because there are 23 different books that are being covered here, and because it's a lot of information to cover, it is going to take a considerable amount of time to run through these and formulate explanations of what's happening. I will try to have them done as quickly as possible, but I ask that you bear with me as I work through it.

The first book I'm covering is The Treaty of Khenarthi's Roost:
    This is part of the quest "The Perils of Diplomacy, which is the main quest for Mistral within Khenarthi's Roost. During the quest, it is located inside the Private Quarters portion of the Maomer Embassy in Mistral, on the desk in the front part of the room, as seen here:
    iape1gcp13pn.png

Immediately after the book is interacted with, whether by the player (which would add it into their library) or by a different person in the player's group (which wouldn't add it to the player's library), the book disappears, as seen here:
    sgfvv9uwflh0.png

Yep. Just an empty desk. What happens is that the book is transferred to the Quest Items portion of the player's inventory (shown here:)
    z3wc3l42mu18.png

In theory, if you're on your toes, you can interact with the book while it's there, adding it to the library. Better act quickly, though, because as soon as someone in your party talks to Raz on the bridge outside?
    r28q2lfo221s.png

That book's gone. And, even if you go through and finish the quest, it stays gone. The simplest solution for this issue is to return the treaty to its previous location on the desk in the Private Quarters once the quest is finished. That way, anyone who was in a group while doing this quest is able to grab the book they've missed.

An additional note: While returning to the wayshrine, I did notice that four books associated with this quest (Unwelcome Visitors, Your Silver Fur, Forged Letter from "Zali", and Apothecary's Ledger are located on the ground in the northwest corner of the wayshrine area. Unfortunately, Treaty of Khenarthi's Roost is not one of the books there.

The next book, in terms of zone order, is the Tome of the Undaunted (the unsigned version, not the signed one):
    In theory, this book is connected to the quest "Taking the Undaunted Pledge," and would be located within the Undaunted Enclaves in Stormhaven, Grahtwood, or Deshaan depending on which alliance your character belongs to. I say, in theory, because I honestly can't locate it. Let me show you why.

For a baseline, here are the tome pedestals in each location before the quest.
    6wb1nwhutpgz.png
    b1ljjhlaumxx.png
    j166wn4s5jgx.png

The first issue that stands out to me is the interaction range on that NPC in the Stormhaven Enclave. I'm as far away from her as I am, aiming my crosshairs in the direction I'm aiming them, and it still wants me to talk to her. Making matters worse, there is also a book (Adventurer's Almanac, 3rd Edition on the porch, behind the pillar, which has an overly-healthy interaction radius of its own. Stormhaven isn't the only Enclave with this issue, however. In Deshaan, if you edge your mouse to the right just a hair?
    vj3yo14fi8ma.png

Alright. Baseline provided, let's start the quest. It's important to note here that there are technically two ways to start this quest. First, you can use the "Undaunted Enclave Invitation" which you receive in your character's mail when your character hits level 45. This tasks you to go to your respective Undaunted Enclave and sign the Tome of the Undaunted, then talk to Maj. The second option, bypassing the Invitation, is to simply talk to Maj, and things pick up as though you've just finished signing the tome. For the purposes of this explanation, I'm using an EP toon (because she's the one who has the Invitation) and starting the quest from the Invitation (because this theoretically allows me to interact with the tome while on the quest, but before signing).

Open the Invitation and, if you're anywhere other than your Alliance's Enclave, you're told to go there. Once you arrive at the outskirts, the objective then becomes "Sign the Tome of the Undaunted." So you walk up to where the tome is and, finally, you have an interaction option- to sign it.
    sgiuwu3irvco.png

Interact with it, signing the tome and, predictably, this happens:
    7bopcaw1qbr4.png

After signing (or when starting the quest from the point where you talk to Maj), whenever you try to interact with the Deshaan version, you get:
    jyt18kaoh0iz.png

As before, the Stormhaven tome has no interaction options, being dwarfed by those for other objects/NPCs. In fact, the only location which can be interacted with is the one at the Grahtwood Enclave...which opens up the signed version of the Tome. The unsigned version is nowhere in the game*. To resolve this, I suggest one of two options. The first would be to make it so that, after the quest is completed, the unsigned version appears at the Deshaan Enclave where the player can finagle their cursor around the NPC to interact with it. The second, which I wouldn't normally suggest, is to simply delete the unsigned version from the library. The reason I suggest this is that, compared to the signed version that is in the library and obtainable, the unsigned version is only missing one line - the player's name - and the inclusion of the player's name makes the signed version more personally meaningful in any case. That said, there may be potential hiccups in deleting an entry from the Library, so adding it at the Deshaan Enclave may indeed be the preferable solution.

*Though it might appear from the UESP Log Data Viewer that the book is located in the bookshelves of Hew's Bane, I have not been able to personally confirm this. Additionally, because of the randomness involved in finding that one book in such a large pool and because it would necessitate buying a DLC to have the only chance at obtaining a book that is involved, however tangentially, in the main game, I would argue that including it in this bookshelf pool would not cause this to be "solved."

For the next trio of books (Krisandra Edrald's Journal, Vols. 1-3, we travel to Rivenspire and the Edrald Estate
    These books, and Dulkhi's Diary, are involved in the area quest there, "A Change of Heart." The first step of this quest sends you to explore the manor house, on the second floor of which you find the third volume of Krisandra's Journal, shown here:
    xk5iepfwbvae.png

However, upon reading it, it disappears (as shown below) and enters the quest inventory:
    urtmrmg43bsy.png

You then go to Dulkhi's Servant's Quarters, where Federic sweeps up Dulkhi's Diary into your quest inventory before you can even interact with it (shown below):
    53f2rx775332.png

From there, you go to the windmill, where you find volume 1 and it disappears as well:
    e2vv38ha6ufq.png
    1n75mgddaoue.png

If you're following the pattern at this point, you should be able to guess that when you interact with volume 2 in the Undercroft (shown below), it will also disappear and enter the quest inventory.
    8srnkm83ib99.png

And sure enough, all four books you've encountered so far are there:
    5wl9d9lcn635.png

However, when you complete the quest, after venturing into a daedric plane and destroying a sigil stone, these books all leave the inventory. Dulki's Diary returns to her bed:
    es931b5brmph.png

The other three books, however, are gone for good. If someone else in your party grabbed them and you didn't read them while they were in the quest inventory, then, once again, you're out of luck. To resolve this and not penalize those players who are fond of grouping up for quests, I would suggest returning these books to their original locations, or somewhere else within the Estate, once the quest is completed.

So now we prepare to start Summerset by entering the prologue quest, and it is there that we encounter Note to Vanus
    We find it briefly inside the Mines of Khuras in Glenumbra...
    j8i14fvg5mjf.png

and it disappears after we or anyone in our party interact with it...
    f67ptbvfj2uz.png

After the quest, I would suggest either returning it to this spot, or even placing it in the garden area in Skywatch where we arrive after saving the Oracle.

In Summerset proper, the first book we encounter is the Kinlady's Letter
    This book is located on a table in the Monastery of Serene Harmony as part of the quest "The Queen's Decree" and is removed after the player or a member of the player's party interacts with it.
    cwt3vrlz2voa.png
    gvrwdvmmjbvf.png

It does not return to the world after the quest, and the simplest solution would be to place it back on the table in the Monastery after the quest is finished.

From here, we travel across Summerset to the Illumination Academy, where we find Illuminus:
    Part of the area's quest, Illusions of Grandeur, we encounter this book several times in various states as the quest progresses- first on the edge of a planter...
    nmng46kfti1l.png

...then several times on a bench...
    a3banuq0z7pf.png

...and finally floating in the air in the Book Stacks after we thwart the Illuminated One.
    0hib0a6z4e45.png

This last time gives us the complete book and adds it to the Library. However, if someone else interacts with the book and shelves it, you aren't able to add it to yours. After the quest, I would suggest either returning a copy to the bench or to the edge of the planter where it's previously been encountered. While it may not necessarily make lore-appropriate sense to have it there, I would argue that allowing your players to add all the books to their library even if they're grouping with their friends is more important.

Further inland from the Academy, we find King's Haven Pass, home of goblins, the quest "Savage Truths," and seven bugged books, which are (in the order which they are encountered: Naliara's Notes, Day 18, Naliara's Notes, Day 2, Naliara's Notes, Day 8, Naliara's Notes, Day 13, King's Haven Trade Record, King's haven Scouting Record, and King's Haven Territory Record.
    Despite there being seven books here, they all have the same bug. Specifically, as you progress through the quest, picking up the books along the way, they all disappear when you interact with them and don't return- to their original spots or to anywhere else- after the quest is done. Every single one of them does this.

Naliara's Notes, Day 18:
    33hnbxpettzt.png
    q4alxvdgdsyb.png

Naliara's Notes, Day 2:
    0cpax5r4ddjn.png
    7zmhnhczth7t.png

Naliara's Notes, Day 8:
    5m7ao9ss3ocs.png
    h7ml5fz9amw8.png

Naliara's Notes, Day 13:
    9o759kvrlj0q.png
    p52emwjvm69o.png

King's Haven Trade Record:
    ymx2mqea09iq.png
    qz3l47aq87pi.png

King's Haven Scouting Record:
    nt95otprgsdh.png
    2nlh4acx6rtt.png

And King's Haven Territory Record:
    7jrb12iwmn0w.png
    3yiou1v0v03o.png

To address this, I would suggest either making them return to their original spots after the quest or putting copies of all of them together in the same location, either near Mehdze, or up above near the boss, or near one of the entrances to the Pass (either inside or outside). Another possible location could even be near the King's Haven Wayshrine in the northeast of Summerset.

Guide to Altmeri Culture (On Dueling); Lirendel's Family Shrine
    Both of these books are part of the quest "A Duelist's Dilemma" and disappear as soon as any member of a party interacts with them, never to be seen again. The Guide to Altmeri Culture (On Dueling) is present on the table in the Golden Gryphon's second floor (at the table where Lirendel and his second are seated)....
    nsdltgvk1zc3.png
    b0qxnh144a89.png

while Lirendel's Family Shrine is located on the plaque for the statue within Tor-Hame-Khard
    ahjcbxxz3ljz.png
    f6zw7k3di5td.png

In order to allow all members of a party to obtain them, even after the quest, I would suggest either returning them both to their previous locations once the quest is complete or placing a copy of each of them in the ruins where the "duel" takes place at the end of the quest.

For Captain Telomure; Pearl Research Notes, Log 3; Journal of Justiciar Avanaire
    These books are part of the quest "Pearls Before Traitors" within Tor-Hame-Khard in Summerset. Unlike most of the other books on this list, the issue with these three is not that they disappear when interacted with. The issue is that they are only present during the quest (off to the side and relatively easy to miss), with nothing to lead the player to them, and then they disappear as soon as the quest is turned in.

For Captain Telomure is in the first room where the player enters, on the ground:
    232an2i0ezaa.png

Pearl Research Notes is upstairs, to the side of a hallway and extremely easy to overlook:
    m6v1lklhj2f3.png

and Journal of Justiciar Avanaire is in the room with its writer, Justicar Avanaire, where the player goes to defeat her:
    iwqnx7ffrprn.png

While ensuring that they return to their previous locations once the quest is complete is an option, it would also be possible to place all three together, either next to Captain Telomure just outside the entrance to the delve or on the tables in the room where Justiciar Avanaire was.

To the Villainous Manacar
    This book is part of the quest "Bantering with Bandits. During the quest, Manacar requests that the player go into the nearby winery to check on Tableau. After getting permission from her patron, the player goes upstairs to the room Tableau was staying in, and finds a note on the floor:
    2tb6xxoy4e1m.png

As soon as any member of a party interacts with it, the note disappears:
    yee8k3q71xw3.png

After the quest, I would suggest this book is placed back in the room in the winery, so that anyone who missed it during the quest can get it then.

Dead Water Riddle Fragment
    This book never actually has a place in the world. Partway through the quest "Whispers in the Wood," the book is placed in the player's inventory, and vanishes further on. As such, instead of posting pictures regarding a book not being there (as there's not any location it should be), I will post a number of possible locations a version of this book could be placed.

Such as near the Gravesinger's bed in his lodge in the Dead Water village (where the player goes to get the gravestake with this riddle deciphered):
    6mxjrhzdgpw0.png

Or on this table in the Cyrodillic Collections building in Lilmoth (where the player returns after obtaining both this riddle fragment and the Bright Throat Fragment)
    1by742slrcal.png

Or on one of these small platforms within the Tomb of Many Spears (where the player first goes to obtain the gravestake and fights a voriplasm-controlled corpse of Etri Many-Spears):
    cz15548rj3ij.png

What is most perplexing about this book is that the other book related to this quest (the Bright-Throat Riddle Fragment) which was bugged in the exact same way received a fix during the Elsweyr patch, but this one has still not been addressed in any way.

Sealed Imperial Summons
    This book is part of the quest "The Demon Weapon," the first quest during the prologue for Elsweyr. More precisely, this entry is obtained by interacting with the item of the same name which is purchased for free from the crown store in the Quest Starters category and placed in that character's inventory. However, there are a number of issues with this item, and with adding this library entry.

The first and most restrictive issue is that it must be interacted with at a point before completing the associated quest. Otherwise, any attempt to interact with it will result in the message depicted in this image:
    keft3x6p9dyo.png

The player is informed that they've already completed the quest and the book, which is only added upon successful interaction with the item (bringing up the actual text of the Sealed Imperial Summons), is not added to the player's library. This is an issue for several reasons, in addition to this Sealed Summons item being the only means to obtain the book and it not existing anywhere out in the world. First, this crown store item is only one of two possible ways to begin this prologue quest, with the second being to speak to Anais Daveaux outside Vulkhel Guard, Glenumbra, or Davon's Watch, as indicated by the quest giver marker. As such, it becomes extremely easy to do the quest without ever knowing anything about this crown store item and its associated lore entry.

To make matters worse, although this quest was introduced a number of weeks before Elsweyr came out, the library entry associated with this book was only added when Elsweyr came out and, even if you had interacted with the crown store item to start the quest, the entry was not retroactively added. As a result, anyone and everyone who completed this quest before Elsweyr was released, as expected both due to its being released earlier and due to it being a prologue quest for the chapter, is entirely unable to add this book to their library in any way.

In order to rectify this issue, either the item needs to stop giving that error when it's interacted with, instead opening up the letter and adding the entry to the library or, even better, a copy of the summons needs to be placed somewhere outside the inventory. Suggested locations for this could be Tharn's camp in Grahtwood, one of the three locations where the player meets Tharn for the first part of the quest (Daggerfall's Castle, Vulkhel Guard's Manor House, or the Davon's Watch Mage's Guild), or even the building in Riverhold where the player meets Tharn, Khamira, and Gharesh-ri during the first Elsweyr quest.

Crumpled Nursery Rhyme
    The issue with this lore entry, which is encountered as part of the Elsweyr quest "In Sickness and In Health," is unlike any of the others in this list. You see, unlike any of the other entries, the issue is that this book doesn't actually have an associated entry in the library. It is present in the world, both during and even after its associated quest, as seen here:
    utcjn9e18pux.png

Interacting with it presents a very lore entry-like page, as seen here:
    r3xb7umnpp0f.png

However, when you open up the journal, tab over to the library, go to where the Anequina books are all located, and scroll down to where the book should be, under the letter C, you will find:
    3ji3rb0h8urb.png

The book's just not there. No entry exists. As mentioned before, everything else about this book is perfect. All that needs to happen is that an entry needs to be added to the library for it. If it looks like an eidetic memory book, and functions like an eidetic memory book, and has text like an eidetic memory book, then shouldn't it be listed in the Eidetic Memory section?

@ZOS_RichLambert This is the most complete and comprehensive list of all the books that I've seen and had reported to me as bugged (thus far), including what quests they're associated with, pictures of where they are on the map, and suggestions for how to fix them. I hope it helps, but, more than that, I hope it shows whomever needs to know that these books aren't fixed so that maybe, possibly, they can fix them. If additional book fixes aren't coming this cycle, then fine. But I'd appreciate it if someone would let us know so we can stop hoping and running through the PTS on the off chance that a fix for one of them made it in-game but missed the patch notes.

Right now, I've got no idea why some books associated with a quest (Ald Mirak/Truth of Minotaurs/Forest Dark are good examples of this, as is the Bright-Throat Riddle Fragment) have been fixed while others associated with those same quests and experiencing the same issues (Illuminus, Dead Water Riddle Fragment) are still bugged. I have no idea why the book which has been reported and listed the longest - the unsigned Tome of the Undaunted - or the book which has probably inspired the most frustration - the Sealed Imperial Summons - continue to be broken and not even addressed. I have no idea whether anything I've said or written up, any of the lists I've made or documentation I've done, is getting through, or even whom it needs to get to.

I logged on to the PTS today, like I've done most Mondays during the last couple PTS cycles. I even reported a number of bugged books in game. After about six, though, I started wondering why I was bothering, what more I could say or how I could say it differently than I'd already said. In all likelihood, I've done just about all I can do and said just about all I can say. Either y'all will fix the books and make sure to avoid making the same errors as you place ones in future DLC and chapters or you won't.

Either way, the ball's in y'all's court.