Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help, Volume Two

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gigasax wrote: »
    Chosin137 wrote: »
    Anyone able to pick up "A Letter to Jakarn". Showing up on map but not at either the Stitches or in the Rimmen Palace Recesses.

it is part of a quest, i think it starts at rimmen, south of the wayshrine

I believe the quest name is The Jewel of Baan Dar. I thought I'd done all the side quests, but apparently not.

Off to see the Wizard quest-giver... if I can find them.
  • Zayoo
    Zayoo
    ✭✭✭
    @virtus753

tried to find that questgiver, but no luck. Did you find it ?
  • Zayoo
    Zayoo
    ✭✭✭
    found it. It starts west of the Wayshrine near the cart symbol in Rimmen
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zayoo wrote: »
    found it. It starts west of the Wayshrine near the cart symbol in Rimmen

Yeah, it’s not a static black arrow like I’m used to seeing but rather has to make an entrance. Quite literally.
  • kmkastl
    kmkastl
    ✭✭
    Hi! I was wondering if there’s anywhere else to find Pact Recruitment and A Warning from Zimmeron? I can’t find them anywhere except inside the Morrowind Gates and the character I want them on is DC.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    i've just completed Elsweyr and can confirm, only 1 book is bugged:
    Sealed Imperial Summons

|H1:book:5404|h|h

Starting quest-book from crownshop. I completed the quest after getting it the first time from crown shop.
    It wasnt added to my library.
    Now i can buy it again and have it in inventory, but cant read again.

All others were fine or at least you had access while doing the quest.
    I found "A Letter to Jakarn" with another quest from the world, not within the main quest line. The quest was "Jewel of Baan Dar" (as described in a previous post, which i just saw after lot of trouble ^^).
    All summerset (at least my outstanding onces) were fixed. Ranbiq was fixed (thx god).
    So i'm missing the new one, and 3 old ones (still bugged)
    Tome of the undaunted - unsigned

Information Request from Emeric

Updated Instructions from Dortene

Of course, the count is incorrect again, because they have inserted again some motifs, which are not yet in the game, but included in the library *argh*: Motif 71 + 72 + 74
    Edited by tim99 on May 29, 2019 5:36AM
  • waigorrun
    waigorrun
    Tome of the Undaunted : Handbills, Posters, and Decrees (unsigned)

I did get this. When you hit level 45 you receive a mail inviting you to joined the Undaunted. To get this book you MUST accept the quest contained in that mail. Once you're on the quest the book is easily obtained.

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    tim99 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Sealed Imperial Summons

Starting quest-book from crownshop. I completed the quest after getting it the first time from crown shop.

I found "A Letter to Jakarn" with another quest from the world, not within the main quest line. The quest was "Jewel of Baan Dar" (as described in a previous post, which i just saw after lot of trouble ^^).
    All summerset (at least my outstanding onces) were fixed. Ranbiq was fixed (thx god).

Of course, the count is incorrect again, because they have inserted again some motifs, which are not yet in the game, but included in the library *argh*: Motif 71 + 72 + 74

The Coldsnap (71) and Meridian (72) motifs have both been in game since Elsweyr dropped. Expect to pay a lot for them (if you don’t farm them) until they arrive in the crown store, at which point their prices should drop below the going rate for the full books via crown-selling.

The only one not yet accessible is Pellitine, which will be available once they implement the dragon dailies in Elsweyr. That should be fairly soon, although I don’t recall a specific date being given. It’s the usual m.o. to add these things to the Lore Library when they’re imminent, I believe.
  • Gigasax
    Gigasax
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Sealed Imperial Summons

The Coldsnap (71) and Meridian (72) motifs have both been in game since Elsweyr dropped. Expect to pay a lot for them (if you don’t farm them) until they arrive in the crown store, at which point their prices should drop below the going rate for the full books via crown-selling.

The only one not yet accessible is Pellitine, which will be available once they implement the dragon dailies in Elsweyr. That should be fairly soon, although I don’t recall a specific date being given. It’s the usual m.o. to add these things to the Lore Library when they’re imminent, I believe.

It will be on June 4th, the official release of Elsweyr
    - Noractis -
    - PC EU -
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright. Time to make an update here.

@efster and others who have noticed the Crumpled Nursery Rhyme (I assume this is the book you're referring to) that you encounter as part of "In Sickness and In Health," don't worry about it. Complete the quest. While it's true that it's not currently in the Library (even though it should be), there won't be any problems when it gets added. I just ran through the quest on the PTS (just to make sure I didn't break my lore collector if I turned out to be wrong), and then went looking for a copy of the book. Sure enough, after you finish the quest, it's still present at Elsweyr 77.3x43.12 (roughly), pretty much where you find it during the quest. Thus, when it's added, you can just run there and interact with it. Problem solved.

@virtus753 I'm going to choose to believe that that support response is from someone who has no control over it, and that it will get fixed in a (relatively not-too-distant) future update. If that's not the case, then it's something I find incredibly troubling. Here's why: The moment you (ZOS) declare "You know what, we're just not going to fix this book," particularly a book that a large swath of the player base who did the prologue when it was released in order to prepare for Elsweyr (as expected, and as you ostensibly wanted- otherwise why release the prologue before Elsweyr goes live?) are now unable to add to their library, two things happen. The first of these is that you start down a slippery slope. You've already declared that you're not going to fix one book, rendering it impossible to complete the EM collection for those people, so what's another? Or another? Or another? This is why I'm (perhaps irritatingly) persistent about "If one book's bugged for one person, then the job's not done yet." Choosing not to fix one book makes it even easier to decide not to fix the next one.

The second issue is one that I've seen several times in this thread and in the other from dedicated lorehunters who don't want to 'ruin' their collection. They don't know when/if a book is going to be added, or when/if a bug is going to be fixed, so, rather than play through a prologue or other piece of content when it's released, they decided to hold off. The comment by @Kyoma in the other thread about not going through the prologue until the dlc/chapter is released is a perfect example of this (and one that makes me more than a little sad, as a fellow lore-hunter). So, if I'm being honest with myself, is my decision to try to do all of these checks on the PTS. I'd rather make all the mistakes in an environment where the character gets wiped every so often than on my dedicated lore-hunter where everything matters and I've recently spent well over a million gold collecting my last few pre-Elsweyr motifs (with the exception of Honor Guard, which hadn't been released yet). It raises the question "Is that what you want?" Do you want people hesitant to play prologues or abandoning quests, worried that a book's going to be added later that they won't be able to get for who knows how long, if at all?

Don't get me wrong. The only two Eidetic Memory issues I've seen added with Elsweyr are with Sealed Imperial Summons and Crumpled Nursery Rhyme, and the latter just needs to be added to the library. It's already got a post-quest location, so that part's not a concern. That's 2 books out of the 117 that have been added with Elsweyr (not even counting the various new motif styles), or a 99.9829% success rate, which is phenomenal. Those two still need to be fixed though, or it's two too many.

Again, hopefully, it's much ado about nothing. However, it is a reminder why we're doing what we're doing, and why we're so insistent.

@kmkastl These two books can be found in the Gatehouse of Ghartok (the gate to the south temple compound) on the third floor, with one in each of the tower things on either side of the gate. You will have to wait until either AD or DC opens that gate to sneak it, but it is perfectly obtainable.

@waigorrun When did you get it? Because I checked on two toons maybe a week before Elsweyr dropped. I went to the compound before the quest and none of the copies of the tome could be interacted with. I accepted the quest, from the letter, and the first step is to sign the Tome. You can interact with the book, but only to sign the tome, at which point it becomes the signed version. There was no point where one could possibly get the unsigned version, and it's been this way since I started playing just before Morrowind dropped. That said, even if they fixed that with Elsweyr, it is still unobtainable for anyone after the quest is complete. So I'm going to keep it filed under "This book is bugged."

When last I checked, the Summerset books I'd marked as "not fixed" (the ones not Writ, Sapiarch's, and Invitation) were still bugged.

I think that's everything I've seen so far. If I'm wrong, let me know.
  • waigorrun
    waigorrun
    Alright. Time to make an update here.

@waigorrun When did you get it? Because I checked on two toons maybe a week before Elsweyr dropped. I went to the compound before the quest and none of the copies of the tome could be interacted with. I accepted the quest, from the letter, and the first step is to sign the Tome. You can interact with the book, but only to sign the tome, at which point it becomes the signed version. There was no point where one could possibly get the unsigned version, and it's been this way since I started playing just before Morrowind dropped. That said, even if they fixed that with Elsweyr, it is still unobtainable for anyone after the quest is complete. So I'm going to keep it filed under "This book is bugged."

Admittedly for me it has been a long time. But a friend of mine claimed he was able to get it recently. I'll try to confirm again when my Necro hits 45.

• tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When last I checked, the Summerset books I'd marked as "not fixed" (the ones not Writ, Sapiarch's, and Invitation) were still bugged.

Hi, not sure if i understand correctly, you cant find this 3?
    They were bugged for me as well, as i didnt read them during the quest, but i could read all 3 now, after Elsweyr release. Lorebooks alreday has a location for them.
    So its worth, checking again... i could complete Summerset now. :D
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, not sure if i understand correctly, you cant find this 3?
    They were bugged for me as well, as i didnt read them during the quest, but i could read all 3 now, after Elsweyr release. Lorebooks alreday has a location for them.
    So its worth, checking again... i could complete Summerset now. :D

Sorry. What I was saying is those three are fixed. It's the other Summerset books I have listed (Pearl Research Notes, King's Haven Records, Illuminus, etc.) which have been reported to me as not having post-quest locations- and thus not being obtainable for those who've missed them or had them bug out during the quest- which are still bugged.

As those for whom they've bugged have pointed out.
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: There are certain books/messages that you are unable to read/find after completing certain quests/stages of quests, do you have any plans of fixing this? I know it's a minor thing, but as someone who is a completionist, it's painful to know you've missed out on a few of these because you didn't read them during the right stage of the quest.

Answer: We try to fix them as we find them. I thought we fixed all the ones from the previous lists. Do you have a list of books that are still inaccessible?

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/bwdb0r/welcome_to_the_elsweyr_update_22_aua/epxq1y4/?context=3

On a sidenote: Treaty of Khenartis Roost still doesn't show up if you've completed the quest.
    Edited by sionIV on June 4, 2019 7:00AM
  • znrk
    znrk
    ✭✭✭
    @BrightOblivion there is one more book in Summerset that needs to be fixed: Kinlady's Letter.

bsuqhluo7jbd.png

The reason why it is bugged is that when you do "The Queen's Decree" quest in a group and your groupmate picks it, the quest progresses and you cannot read it anymore - the book is gone from the table. That's why I have it missed on few toons and I didn't even realize what is happening before I investigated. The obvious solution is to leave that book in this place to be interacted with on the later stages of the quest as well as after quest completion.
    PC/EU
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've updated the first post with Kinlady's Letter, Treaty of Khenarthi's Roost, Crumpled Nursery Rhyme, and (of course) Sealed Imperial Summons, and marked it as being up-to-date for this patch. As always, if I've missed something, please let me know.

@znrk Thank you for sharing your research. It actually might explain something that I've been wondering for a while - namely, why some people have been unable to add some of these books to their libraries when they must be interacted with as part of a quest, and why I'm not experiencing those problems. If you're doing the quests solo (as I almost always do), then the book is present at least until you interact with it to progress the quest, adding it to your log. In a group, however, the first person to interact with it will get the book and add it to their library, but no one else will. To make matters worse, the book then typically disappears completely from the game, leaving the other members of the party with no way to add it to their personal collections. As you stated, the obvious solution is to make sure they have post-quest locations somewhere in the world, so that every member of the party can then grab them and collectors don't feel penalized for wanting to quest with their friends.

@ZOS_RichLambert (tagging because you're the one who asked for an up-to-date list): Barring fixes that we might have missed and which didn't make it into the patch notes, the list in the first post is up-to-date with the list of information I have at this exact moment. As books are reported or fixed, that list will change. I'll try to keep the changelog up-to-date with those changes, but some may slip through.

I do have a question regarding your response to the AMA question, however: You mentioned specifically that you thought you'd fixed all the ones from previous lists. Could you or someone else please verify whether or not this includes Tome of the Undaunted (unsigned), Updated Instructions from Dortene, and Information Request from Emeric? While we've thoroughly and repeatedly searched for these three books, we've not been able to turn up working locations for them that everyone can access. (In the case of the last two, this would mean "somewhere outside the High Rock Gate Camps where no non-DC toons are able to get them.) They've also not been mentioned as being fixed in any patch notes that I've seen, but it's possible they were fixed and just not mentioned (as was the case with several of the books y'all fixed this patch).

Another oddity is that, while the Bright-Throat Riddle Fragment has received a post-quest location, it does not appear that the Dead Water Riddle Fragment has. Has it been fixed, and we're simply looking in the wrong place? Did something go wrong with the phasing? I did notice a book on a (non-interactable) trunk in the Grave-Singer's Lodge in the Dead Water Village. Maybe this could be replaced with a copy of the Dead Water Fragment? Just a thought.

In any case, thanks for answering the person's question, and for following up on it. Hopefully, the list in the first post helps y'all!
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me where in Rimmen Tahara's Traveling Menagerie is? I looked all over the city and still can't locate it.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MRusso89 On the PTS, I remember it being attached to one of the bridge posts. If you haven't started that quest, there should be the dark arrow leading to it.
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    @MRusso89 On the PTS, I remember it being attached to one of the bridge posts. If you haven't started that quest, there should be the dark arrow leading to it.

Thanks! I'll look for the bridge posts. I already did the quest so I was expecting it in my inventory or near Tahara but did see it.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MRusso89 Went and checked on Live. First bridgepost on the left going southeast from the merchant area (the big scales on the map) in Rimmen. About waist to chest height.
  • waigorrun
    waigorrun
    znrk wrote: »
    @BrightOblivion

The reason why it is bugged is that when you do "The Queen's Decree" quest in a group and your groupmate picks it, the quest progresses and you cannot read it anymore - the book is gone from the table.

I've found that if group member pick up a book it shows in your inventory under Quests. Of course that doesn't solve the "It's still not there when the quest is finished" problem, but at least you might still have a shot at them when you're questing in a group.

• Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, it looks as though I was a victim of the Sealed Imperial Summons bug. I know I read it when doing the prologue quest pre Elsweyr but now it’s not counted in my eidetic memory. As someone else said I may in the future have to wait until the chapter drops. I remember something like this being an issue with Morrowind but it wasn’t for a prologue quest.
    Edited by Meesha1170 on June 7, 2019 3:17AM
  • kmkastl
    kmkastl
    ✭✭
    waigorrun wrote: »
    znrk wrote: »
    @BrightOblivion

The reason why it is bugged is that when you do "The Queen's Decree" quest in a group and your groupmate picks it, the quest progresses and you cannot read it anymore - the book is gone from the table.

I've found that if group member pick up a book it shows in your inventory under Quests. Of course that doesn't solve the "It's still not there when the quest is finished" problem, but at least you might still have a shot at them when you're questing in a group.

Not always. I did the Illumination Academy questline with a partner and thus missed out on obtaining The Forest Dark and The Truth Of Minotaurs. Tried the whole “take a partner through the quest” thing to see if it would show up in my inventory when they picked it up but it didn’t work. I’ve had success with that method before but it’s unfortunately not always the case. Hoping those get fixed soon.
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked the first post on this thread, and I can't find To the Villanious Manacar, in Summerset - it's still a bugged book, right?
    Edited by Sirona_Starr on June 7, 2019 7:57PM
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BrightOblivion
    Where can Note to Vanus (Summerset prologue) be found post-quest? I don't see it on the list of bugged books (or mentioned here at all for that matter), but I cannot get to the prologue quest part of the cave (the only location I know for it) even by grouping with a character who never went there.
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sirona_Starr : If you did "Bantering with Bandits" in a group and weren't the one to interact with the book? Probably. I'm not seeing a copy of the book in the winery once the quest is finished, which means the book is either elsewhere or there's not a post-quest location. I'll add it to the first post.

@MreeBiPolar While I was just able to get to the prologue portion of the cave (assuming the prologue portion is the "Old Wyrd Site") through an interactable cave entrance in the north part of the mine. Unfortunately, the book did not appear to be there after the quest was finished. I'll add it to the first post.

Because the first thread was so massive, and because it's been a long time since I've done these quests, and because I don't typically group for them (which, as I'm discovering now, would add a totally new degree of "ways things can go wrong"), my list is not definitive or all-inclusive. I started with the books in the spreadsheet in the first thread, added the books I know to be bugged, and have been adding the ones people have been reporting as they report them and I run them down. As more people report them, more books get added.

Thus, if you're wondering if a book that's not on the list is (still) bugged, the answer is "Quite possibly." Especially if no post-quest location exists.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I was just able to get to the prologue portion of the cave (assuming the prologue portion is the "Old Wyrd Site") through an interactable cave entrance in the north part of the mine.

For me, it is non-interactable. We're talking the Mines of Khuras in Glenumbra, right?
  • SUPERBEAST225
    Does anyone know the locations of
    Khunzar-ri: Tales, Two
    Mojha is a fool.
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Blue_Radium While the other books you've listed are indeed bugged, they fixed Invitation to the Kinlady's Conference this patch. Check the Anchors Aweigh Inn in Shimmerene, over near the brewer NPC.

@MreeBiPolar We are indeed. That's the only Mines of Khuras in the game. As to the 2920 books you're looking for, all I can suggest is to continue looking through bookshelves. Unfortunately, they're extremely RNG-reliant, so it may be awhile. Or it may be later today.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are indeed. That's the only Mines of Khuras in the game. As to the 2920 books you're looking for, all I can suggest is to continue looking through bookshelves. Unfortunately, they're extremely RNG-reliant, so it may be awhile. Or it may be later today.

That's what got me confused. How did you get into the "Old Wyrd Site" post-quest? The entrance in Mines of Khuras is completely disabled (not even "inactive" but not even showing up as object). I thought maybe you meant there's some other entrance.

As for the 2920 books, I want to confirm if the bookshelves I am looking at are correct -- because some sources say they are in the Imperial City bookshelves, while other sources give a different zone. Or even not bookshelves?