Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Is Necromancer Goliath Bash Spam intended?

• Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RXxUY9CbKE

holy *** this game is becoming a joke

Cyrodiil always has been

It was at least decent in 1T patch when everyone was OP IMO. Well, when you weren't getting procced to death at least...
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Untill it helps to sell Elsweyr nothing is going to change. This skill is so broken that I can hardly remember anything like that in the past. There was no skill that allowed anyone to run solo in the middle of 10 man group and wipe them without any effort. This skill performance is well known since PTS and ZOS didn't took any actions. ZOS is very conceited, they have reasons to act like that, but certain bigger company that strats with B took a lesson, that you shouldn't mess with your player base because it may end badly.
    Edited by Mayrael on June 19, 2019 10:20AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Nicalas
    Nicalas
    ✭✭✭
    250 cost ultimate with no ultimate generation during those 20 seconds. Giant character model to easily pick out of the group. Can be countered by CC/Roots/Snares/Blocking. High stamina cost. Once this got out most players who pay half attention knew exactly what to do when encountering this ultimate. Any change to this ultimate makes it a dead morph. It requires a specific build that outside of the transformation makes the player more or less useless.

But yes lets nerf it into the ground and add it to the pile of useless skills in the game.

The Necro as a class is already pitiful in PvP with drain skills that can be los'd, a healing pet that can be los'd and poor sustain. You know what happens when you cast siphon or coil on a player who releases? The skill is cancelled. You get nothing and cannot recast without another corpse.

Necro is a one trick pony. Pay attention to who or what you are fighting. Hold block. CC/Snare/Root. Any smart bash build will immediately change targets if you start blocking. They get 20 seconds to do something and thats it.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicalas wrote: »
    250 cost ultimate with no ultimate generation during those 20 seconds. Giant character model to easily pick out of the group. Can be countered by CC/Roots/Snares/Blocking. High stamina cost. Once this got out most players who pay half attention knew exactly what to do when encountering this ultimate. Any change to this ultimate makes it a dead morph. It requires a specific build that outside of the transformation makes the player more or less useless.

But yes lets nerf it into the ground and add it to the pile of useless skills in the game.

The Necro as a class is already pitiful in PvP with drain skills that can be los'd, a healing pet that can be los'd and poor sustain. You know what happens when you cast siphon or coil on a player who releases? The skill is cancelled. You get nothing and cannot recast without another corpse.

Necro is a one trick pony. Pay attention to who or what you are fighting. Hold block. CC/Snare/Root. Any smart bash build will immediately change targets if you start blocking. They get 20 seconds to do something and thats it.

Absolutely agree, but disagree that this one trick pony is worth preserving. The bashcro is the only necromancer in Cyrodiil worth paying attention to, and you think it should stay that way?
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is not even the damage. it's the AOE and how many times per second you can use it
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    The problem is not even the damage. it's the AOE and how many times per second you can use it

Plus they're blocking in the process on console so it's top aoe dmg with top mitigation
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

Well it is the dmg, those other 2 wouldn't be a problem is the dmg wasn't anywhere from 4-12k bashes lmao.

The dmg needs to be unlinked from s&b passive and maybe tweaked a bit so the bash can be properly in a rotation. Go Bonerlord and use normal skills but bash at the end of them all. Still would add an extra 8k-10k tooltip into a single gcd.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2-3 patches now with no changes. Must be intended.

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    They're just slow about some stuff. The Intensive Mender has been bugged and frequently doesn't work at all. "Glyph Gate" was fixed for everyone but Werewolves in 1 week, but WW was able to exploit it for about 4 more months beyond that. When Morrowind first came out, the Warden's Blue Betty morph effect (remove 1 negative ability when summoned) didn't function, and it took a couple months for them to fix it if I remember correctly.

Like I said before, I think it's "kind of" intended. ZOS obviously intended for the bash to be spammed to some degree, but I'm not sure that they really accounted for just how high the damage could get, and what it would do to PvP.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the biggest problems for this ult is that the extra damage it gives your bash is effected by the sword and board passive that makes your bashes hit 100% harder. If the made the ult not scale off that passive, I don't think this would be as much of a problem. People should still be able to build a bash build, but it shouldn't instantly shut down any chance of competitive combat.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the ult will be changing once they have enough changes to compensate the class once it loses the ult power
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally ran into this on my low MMR MagDk.

7k damage per hit, four consecutive hits, I lost before I even knew wtf just happened.

Guess I shoulda leveled a Necro while I could.

KeK
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the ult will be changing once they have enough changes to compensate the class once it loses the ult power

The class would be fine if they just fix the fact half the skills don't work. One ult doing major aoe dmg and major vulnerability is OP enough as it is.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case you didn't know ...

You have to build for it to be OP

When your out of juice your a wet noodle in the wind.

Change this or nerf this, the class is a negitive zero in CP PvP - and a joke to be in Cyrodiil. It already is awful to be a stamcro in PvP without using weapon or other abilities that are proven viable already.

The class is built strictly for PvE trial boss executes - dps tests - and epic Necro role playing. 😂

But I have no faith left in this community anymore. What ever kills you without a rotation give it to mag players per vicious death. If it's stam nerf it into oblivion so there is even more healbot and block fighting cancer without a good defile.

And remember -

You have to build for it to be OP. 🤔

Edited by WeylandLabs on June 20, 2019 12:15PM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, but with the speed of bash even and underwhelming damage setup is decent pressure until they run out of gas.
    Change this or nerf this, the class is a negitive zero in CP PvP - and a joke to be in Cyrodiil. It already is awful to be a stamcro

This is the real problem. The class is buggy and just weird to play IMO. Like any stam build, you can do ok using mostly weapon line skills, but necro isn't even close to other classes in open world. I'd rather not cling to the one thing that makes Necro threatening in Cyrodiil just because everything else about it sucks.

*edit: as a damage dealer anyway, they're pretty good support
    Edited by Sandman929 on June 20, 2019 12:47PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Yep, but with the speed of bash even and underwhelming damage setup is decent pressure until they run out of gas.
    Change this or nerf this, the class is a negitive zero in CP PvP - and a joke to be in Cyrodiil. It already is awful to be a stamcro

This is the real problem. The class is buggy and just weird to play IMO. Like any stam build, you can do ok using mostly weapon line skills, but necro isn't even close to other classes in open world. I'd rather not cling to the one thing that makes Necro threatening in Cyrodiil just because everything else about it sucks.

*edit: as a damage dealer anyway, they're pretty good support

This gets it. The class mechanics either don't work at all, or work in such a convoluted fashion as to be almost useless.

They really really really need to fix blastbones.

The siphon skills need to be a beam from corpse at the caster to the target. No corpse you get a weak dot, one or more corpses and it gets bigger, badder, adds more effects etc. But the beam needs to stick to the target.

The whole class needs to be done over. It is not even a good pve casuals class. That said I kind of enjoy all of the crappy mechanics, frustrating corpse management, and constantly being KOS in town when I'm on the wrong bar and hit mender instead of rapids. The other classes are brain dead easy compared to necro.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cyrodiil always has been

The issue is that at this point, with so many variables in play, nothing they change will have only the intended effect.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

That's because ZOS doesn't address game breaking issues between DLCs, only issues with their crown store.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it's broken and needs to be fixed, for sure...

....but realize that the reason that giant in that particular video got a lot of backup throwing AoE and major buff/debuff.....
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Change this or nerf this, the class is a negitive zero in CP PvP - and a joke to be in Cyrodiil. It already is awful to be a stamcro in PvP without using weapon or other abilities that are proven viable already.

The class is built strictly for PvE trial boss executes - dps tests - and epic Necro role playing. 😂

But I have no faith left in this community anymore. What ever kills you without a rotation give it to mag players per vicious death. If it's stam nerf it into oblivion so there is even more healbot and block fighting cancer without a good defile.

And remember -

You don't have to build for it to be OP.

You can build for it to make even more OP, but a classical build, when including S&B pasives (double the damage from in game tooltip) have 20k tooltip.
  • Krazykov
    Krazykov
    This stupid OP spammable skill is making PvP boring as hell, lots of muppets using it now and they think they are the *** even though it takes almost zero skill to use, well enjoy it while it hasn't been nerfed I guess. Or if it doesn't get nerfed enjoy playing on your own.
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stick to being a zergling and less to giving feedback. This opinion is bad and you should feel bad for presenting it. If you can’t sustain the bash spam then that is on you as a player.
  • BloodBeast_ESO
    BloodBeast_ESO
    ✭✭✭

You would defend this bash bs, so your opinion is wrong stick to what you know best and that is zerging.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative

And remember -

Every class has to "build" around something to be OP. And, every setup in PvP relies on a combo-mechanic reliant upon an ultimate (excluding MAYBE magsorc).

Combined with the S&B passives, this ultimate is definitely overperforming. And very skill less. We saw a bash meta a long time ago, and it was also balanced as the gameplay was not balanced nor interactive.

Just because a class is underperforming, does not justify that one setup should be overtuned. This is a fallacy, and is used to justify using broken mechanics.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Change SNB passive from bash dmg to bash cost. Preserves synergy between SnB and bashing and Necro ult while nerfing OPness of bashnecro and overused SnB setups that add bash to every combo.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ultimate synergizes too well with the s/b bash passives and the bash damage jewellery enchant. And if it's true that they're bashing faster than intended, that's another problem that needs addressing.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that there are actually people defending this as a balanced skill is painful.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zevrro wrote: »
    The fact that there are actually people defending this as a balanced skill is painful.

The fact that you think this whole game is a balanced E-sport makes me punch my dog. 😂
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact that you think this whole game is a balanced E-sport makes me punch my dog. 😂

dh4hmr.jpg
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭

Never said that. Balance isn't something that can be completely achieved but the closer we get the better. Punching your dog won't help.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |