Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alliance Lock Ruining PvP for Many

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    long live faction lock

It is great
    Edited by Morgul667 on June 16, 2019 2:00AM
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Casarion wrote: »
    I'm done replying to these ignorant posts that are completely disregarding my point. Just think about the other side and how annoying it'd be to spend thousands of hours between three different factions, grouping on each one and enjoying all of it, making countless friends and then all of that is thrown away for a month at a time. By endorsing the faction lock, you're basically saying I can't pvp on the majority of my characters or play with anyone who isn't on that one faction. No, Shor is not an option on console since it's 0 bars all day on Xbox. BGs are possible, but me and my friends all have high MMRs (If that's even a thing anymore idk) and the queues take at the very least 20 minutes per match. This isn't to complain, moreso to propose a possible solution to this that would please both sides. A fee for changing factions mid campaign could at the very least solve some situations, maybe for a million AP?

Either way, this feature is way too restrictive and doesn't take into consideration the many people who play more than one faction. You can't disregard this fact by just simply saying "Choose one". That's not a reasonable solution. Maybe instead of shitting on my opinion, maybe someone would like to propose a different solution?

Anyway, i'm done looking at this thread, it's just full of people jumping the gun. Hope you all enjoy your RP zergs.

I'm trying to get my head around this.

Taking your initial assertion (many people are unhappy with faction locks) as an axiom:
    • Shor isn't an option because there aren't enough people.
    • So you don't go into it.
    • But many people are affected by this.
    • So, that means that many people are unhappy with the change, but none of them are going into Shor because nobody else has gone into Shor?

So you are saying that there is an entire population of people who are unhappy, but won't move, because they are waiting for someone else to move first?

If that really is the case then it isn't just unfortunate or sad, it's tragic.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously lack of loyalty in the alliance war before

Now people actually like and want to fight for their faction even if they’re behind or being dominated in Cyrodiil.

I love the change and zone chat is healthier
  • CambionDaemon
    CambionDaemon
    ✭✭✭
    The faction lock is a great improvement to PvP, now if ZoS introduce soft caps on attribute points and force us towards hybrid builds the game would improve a thousand fold.

I am not quite sure why the OP states that we (pro faction lock) should 'think about the other side' when he doesn't seem to be thinking about the pro faction lock players, just himself and the fact that he cannot play on whichever alliance is doing best at the current moment. I am not sure that is what he meant, but that is how it has come across.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    Seriously lack of loyalty in the alliance war before

Now people actually like and want to fight for their faction even if they’re behind or being dominated in Cyrodiil.

I love the change and zone chat is healthier

PvP is even more dead outside prime time and any improvement in zone chat is in your head, it's still populated by trolls, idiots and the borderline ***.

Keep cheering on as the nails get hammered into the PvP coffin. On the plus side, those who want a PvE Cyro are likely to get it, as Zos would be unlikely to let the assets go to waste.
  • Greg11jkalfa
    Greg11jkalfa
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like wanting to faction swap, defeats the purpose of even choosing one when you make your character. Why even have factions at all, if you can just swap on the fly. The reason they have separate campaigns for this, and didn't just make them all locked, is because they know a certain portion of players in Cyrodiil are strict fans or players of one faction, as well as the bigger reason, they want a place where you can't just faction hop for whatever reason. I feel complaining about the lock, when it's not applied to all campaigns is a bit naive, but it's more or less ignorant to want to swap factions, in a faction locked campaign. Not trying to sound rude, or what have you, that's just what they wanted to have.
    When the next Elder Scroll is written, you shall be it's scribe.
    -Martin Septim
    Member Since June 9, 2015
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hope you all enjoy your RP zergs.

YES this is a great and mature way to leave an argument. It will really leave people wanting to think about and be open to your points.

/s
  • Hyperion616
    Hyperion616
    ✭✭✭
    I thought we were past this, then June 15, 2019 showed up and it was back.
    I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.

~Edith Sitwell

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    faction jumpers have ruined PvP for way more people

Really easy to say and hard to back up. Considering the first reason Zos gave for brining back faction locks was people asked for it. If it was really that your "faction jumpers" were an issue it would have been irrelevant that people had asked for it and Zos would have had a very solid reason for bringing it back. That alone seems discredit your comment.

In the release notes for Update 18, ZoS specifically stated that they were aware of the concerns about Alliance loyalty and would continue to monitor faction behavior. This developer comment was related to extensive threads regarding exploits made possible by faction change. Additionally, in some of the threads which documented the abuses, ZoS requested player reports on two specific 'faction-hop' behaviors. In that context, it is clearly understood that Zenimax has been monitoring specific behaviors and considering reintroduction of faction locks for more than a year.

If Zos had truly come up with strong compelling evidence that thre was exploiting or a noticeable affect on the campaign outcome or similar actual issue they would have not lead off with that players had asked for this change when mentioning the reason.

Yes, Zos did make a statement in the patch notes of May last year they would be monitoring the situation, but I have yet to see any thread actually "documenting" anything showing actual real issues.

However, the most compelling evidence that Zos does not truly think their is a real issue is they left a campaign without faction lock. It would seem to me that would be complete negligence to leave a means for people tp pull their stunts if they truly felt there was a real issue, if they really had evidence.. It really is that simple.
  • IonicKai
    IonicKai
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best way to measure of people preferred faction lock or not would be to open 4 campaigns that are 30 day. 2 CP 2 Non CP and a split in each of those categories that is faction lock vs not. This would allow for players to populate the campaign of their preference and then the players could vote with their play time. As it stands there just isn't enough in it to justify playing the 7 day non faction locked campaign because the rewards are worse. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why ZOS didn't go this route but much of the comments on here ignore one thing. Most players who play ESO are not on the forums so using forum posts as the means of deciding what was right would automatically be skewed by the vocal minority.

Before anyone tries to jump at me for either side I honestly don't care that much if there is a faction lock or not however I do think it is important that something like this be a player driven choice (and not just the small percentage that get on the forums).

Edit: typo
    Edited by IonicKai on June 16, 2019 6:11AM
  • Druid40
    Druid40
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is with the anti-roleplayer rhetoric? I am fairly certain that a large swath of the PVP community asked for this change. Of course a small part of the community will be angry, but the wants of the many outweigh the wants of the few -- at least in this case.

Objectively, if the desire for unlocked campaigns was great enough, the unlocked campaigns would be at maximum capacity for a large portion of the day.
    Edited by Druid40 on June 16, 2019 6:55AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Druid40 wrote: »
    What is with the anti-roleplayer rhetoric? I am fairly certain that a large swath of the PVP community asked for this change. Of course a small part of the community will be angry, but the wants of the many outweigh the wants of the few -- at least in this case.

Objectively, if the desire for unlocked campaigns was great enough, the unlocked campaigns would be at maximum capacity for a large portion of the day.

The downside to the “many” is not significant in any way. None of the issues they complained about have stopped happening.

The downside to the “few” is extreme. We literally cannot play some of our characters or with some of our friends.

If this many people really do support faction lock, I look forward to when we make shor the faction locked campaign and to seeing just how many of the faction loyalists move there.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    faction locking while although a great idea which i luv, u can see in pvp at points one of the factions goes dead and a faction goes from lots on it to none while the other increase from very little on it to hordes on it. Ether this is down to the old alliance jump bug or peeps are logging to their second accounts, so it seems not much has changed
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It stopped you from zerging. I call it success
    Edited by Anyron on June 16, 2019 11:07AM
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Faction lock was poorly implemented.
    They should’ve added it to the 7 day campaign instead of the 30 to see if its so popular. Because the 7 day was already dead before lock.

No. Because sticking to your faction and helping it win the campaign is more relevant in the 30-day campaign.

If faction lock is so unpopular, everyone who disagrees with it should go to the 7-day campaign and make it the busiest.

💯% as said above. Pop lock is great. The positive changes since pop lock implementation can be seen in chat and quality of play/fight. 💯%
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.
  • iris56
    iris56
    ✭✭✭
    Unlucky. Bite the bullet, adapt and overcome. [/quote]

Or stop PVPing. This is a game. I play it for fun. I've put too much work into the 9 toons that are on wrong alliances.Sure I could probably have those 9 toons all the skyshards, mages guild books and skill points they have now if I started redoing them, but you know what? I don't want to. It doesn't sound fun and Cyrodiil isn't worth it. Saying the other servers exist doesn't make them a real option either. Unless you go into the 30 day CP, its completely dead most of the time. None of the other servers are actually options. Honestly, from where I sit, its easier to quit Cyrodiil than to deal with this mess. Cyrodiil can be fun but its a giant lagfest and broken half the time anyway.

I haven't gone in Cyrodiil since the faction lock except briefly on a dead server to grab skyshards on my new baby toon... you know what I haven't missed it. I've been working on PVE achievements and making gold. At this point, I can't see my self going back unless something changes.

So yeah, ZOS was hoping this would even out the server population. Doesn't look like it from the bars whenever I've checked out of curiosity, but it does seem like there are consistently less people in 30dayCP. I certainly don't have the data to back it up, but I wonder if there aren't quite a few other people like me. I guess getting people to quit is one way to may Cyrodiil work better....
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Translation:
    "I was on my red helping my yellow friends boost AP for emp and now it's my turn to be boosted and we cant switch factions".
  • ayu_fever
    ayu_fever
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not everyone can be on the winning team though.
    we glorious reds need clumsy blues and stinky yellows in cyrodiil to destroy, so thanks for making poor alliance decisions i guess???
    PS4 NA

all characters are members of the ebonheart pact master race
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT

main character:
    Rebekah Straight-Fire, breton templar healer: THE FATEBRINGER (dungeons, trials, pvp)
    —MERIDIA’S LUSTRANT— 1100+CP; alliance rank 21 (major grade 1); Rebekah is the most devoted and loyal follower of the lady of infinite energies and the highest ascendant of meridia’s purified legion and was forged from meridia’s brilliant radiance of purity.

other meta toons-
    Alexa Straight-Fire, breton warden healer: THE ALCHEMIST (dungeons, trials)
    Sasha Straight-Fire, nord dragonknight tank: THE UNBREAKABLE (dungeons, trials)
    Freyja Straight-Fire, nord warden tank: THE ICEBERG (dungeons, trials)
    Ororo Straight-Fire, dark elf magsorc: THE SHOCKWAVE (dungeons, trials)
    Michonne Straight-Fire, redguard stamDK: THE EVISCERATOR (dungeons, trials)

just for fun toons-
    Rhea Straight-Fire, wood elf warden stam healer: THE RANGER
    Shiva Straight-Fire, high elf warden ice mage: THE CRYOMANCER
    Morgana Straight-Fire, dark elf necromancer solo play: THE DEATHSINGER
    Lucille Straight-Fire, dark elf nightblade solo play: THE VOIDWALKER
    Diana Straight-Fire, nord templar tank: THE CLERIC
    Falsetto Straight-Fire, orc stamsorc werewolf: THE THUNDERHOWL
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icky wrote: »
    Translation:
    "I was on my red helping my yellow friends boost AP for emp and now it's my turn to be boosted and we cant switch factions".

Don't forget the tinfoil hat on your way out ^^
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ayu_fever wrote: »
    not everyone can be on the winning team though.
    we glorious reds need clumsy blues and stinky yellows in cyrodiil to destroy, so thanks for making poor alliance decisions i guess???

Save some salt for Cyro dude :)
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely love the return of faction locks.

Boosters and flip-floppers eliminated in one fell swoop.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BrAiNsToRmInG the ZOS way:
    ZOS dev1: "Hey how making it impossible for some players to play all their chars in pvp?"
    ZOS dev2: "Sound good and it could solve the performance problem if more player quite the game"
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your problem seems odd.

So the guild you run with is all yellow, which makes sense as most pvp groups stay with a faction.

Either, they all had red toons that they played last month and all switched factions to hang out with you (this is insanely nice) or you had a yellow that you can jump on to join their AD ball group. All I am saying if they spent time playing a faction that is different than their mains, (a whole group playing alts) to bring you in, maybe you should have an alt to play with them?

• Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a L2P issue right here... why would you log in the game and say "hey even tho I play on yellow I'll make sure to log onto my red or blue toon and jump in pvp and make it my home campaign" lol honestly what an amazing idea that was good job kid

'good job kid'... you came across as the kid.

Some people have multiple characters across the factions and pvp on them all for the transmute crystal rewards. Myself included.

I spend most of my time on my favourite character but still play many others for the rewards.

I usually spend my time in the most populated 30 day campaign regardless of who is winning because that is where the action is. Its not about RP to me. Its about the battles and the kills. So yes im not about alliance loyalty and the long game.

If i wasnt a regular reader of this cancerous forum then i could easily have made an innocent mistake of locking out two thirds of my account including my main from the most populated and appropriate campaign. As i feel the OP did.

All it really means to me is i have to home my main first. So no biggie. but You guys act like everyone this effects is some devious game breaking 'faction hopper' destroying pvp for everyone else and you have taken it super personally.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction lock has greatly improved the PS4 NA Vivec campaign.
    It is so ignorant to say the unlocked campaigns are empty if you don't bother to populate them.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Faction lock was poorly implemented.
    They should’ve added it to the 7 day campaign instead of the 30 to see if its so popular. Because the 7 day was already dead before lock.

No. Because sticking to your faction and helping it win the campaign is more relevant in the 30-day campaign.

If faction lock is so unpopular, everyone who disagrees with it should go to the 7-day campaign and make it the busiest.

It's not that simple, be reasonable at the very least.

How is suggesting that people unhappy with faction locks go to the 7-day campaign to show their strength unreasonable?
    The Moot Councillor
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of defeats the purpose of Alliance pride if you can just switch to the winning side every hour or so.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Translation:

Dont forget the hat of naivety on your way out.
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAxen wrote: »
    Kind of defeats the purpose of Alliance pride if you can just switch to the winning side every hour or so.

True, on the other hand a game mode that is basically not meaningfully competitive anyway because of differences in population, coverage, experience, outlook, etc means that faction pride isn't worth anything to anyone who doesn't play in some state [snip] in the first place.

[Edit for bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 17, 2019 7:30PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Translation:

Dont forget the hat of naivety on your way out.

Not naive, I just know that all the reasons people bring out why faction locks are good, had little to no impact on the actual outcome of the campaign.

And if I play on my EP character, nothing prevents me from helping my friends on another faction. Alliance locks doesn´t prevent any of the issues that "pro-faction lock" brings up
This discussion has been closed.