Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alliance Lock Ruining PvP for Many

• Casarion
    Casarion
    ✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Faction lock was poorly implemented.
    They should’ve added it to the 7 day campaign instead of the 30 to see if its so popular. Because the 7 day was already dead before lock.

No. Because sticking to your faction and helping it win the campaign is more relevant in the 30-day campaign.

If faction lock is so unpopular, everyone who disagrees with it should go to the 7-day campaign and make it the busiest.

It's not that simple, be reasonable at the very least.
    GT: Il Tempest lI
    Main: Stam Sorc, Mag Sorc and Magblade
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Casarion wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    It would also be another thing if Shor actually had any population to act as an alternative, but its 0 bars 90% of the day. Some compromise would be nice, hopefully the RPers can see past their fantasies and just let people play the game the way its been played for years.

Basically let the cheats keep cheating? No thanks. The change has made a positive differnrce already and all the 'sky is falling' nonsense from the anti lock camp hasn't happened.

The only downside is folls with tri-toons need to get organised with their mates. It's not that hard. Adapt and overcome. Move along the change curve.

The cheats? Imagine thinking that people actually hop factions to sneak "intel". No one does that, and even if some random did, it never makes a difference. The map flips from groups, not the 100 man zergs that get wiped from an organized 12 man, and fast at that.

You can't just change such a crucial part of the game after so many years and expect people to just go with it for the sake of faction pride. Most people have played at least two factions and invested thousands of hours between different characters, and you're just gonna come out of no where and say I can't play that character essentially for a month? Does that not seem radical to any of you? Like I've said 5x now, why not be reasonable and implement a solution that pleases both sides rather than doing such a radical change?

1) Faction lock did not 'come out of nowhere' ZoS warned a year ago that reintroduction was being considered. Granted, the discussions leading to ZoS's decision are found in the Alliance War subforum, so it'easily missed, but the warning was in the release notes for the previous chapter.

ZoS stated they would monitor Alliance loyalty. This was a result of extensive reports of behaviors made possible by 'faction-hopping' that defeated/bypassed fundamental PvP/Cyrodiil game design. In fact, ZoS requested reports of two of those behaviors. Apprantly, after two years of reports and a year of ZoS 'monitoring', faction lock reintroduction is necessary.

2) The issue is not 'gathering intel'.
  • Casarion
    Casarion
    ✭✭
    therift wrote: »
    It would also be another thing if Shor actually had any population to act as an alternative, but its 0 bars 90% of the day. Some compromise would be nice, hopefully the RPers can see past their fantasies and just let people play the game the way its been played for years.

Basically let the cheats keep cheating? No thanks. The change has made a positive differnrce already and all the 'sky is falling' nonsense from the anti lock camp hasn't happened.

The only downside is folls with tri-toons need to get organised with their mates. It's not that hard. Adapt and overcome. Move along the change curve.

The cheats? Imagine thinking that people actually hop factions to sneak "intel". No one does that, and even if some random did, it never makes a difference. The map flips from groups, not the 100 man zergs that get wiped from an organized 12 man, and fast at that.

You can't just change such a crucial part of the game after so many years and expect people to just go with it for the sake of faction pride. Most people have played at least two factions and invested thousands of hours between different characters, and you're just gonna come out of no where and say I can't play that character essentially for a month? Does that not seem radical to any of you? Like I've said 5x now, why not be reasonable and implement a solution that pleases both sides rather than doing such a radical change?

1) Faction lock did not 'come out of nowhere' ZoS warned a year ago that reintroduction was being considered. Granted, the discussions leading to ZoS's decision are found in the Alliance War subforum, so it'easily missed, but the warning was in the release notes for the previous chapter.

ZoS stated they would monitor Alliance loyalty. This was a result of extensive reports of behaviors made possible by 'faction-hopping' that defeated/bypassed fundamental PvP/Cyrodiil game design. In fact, ZoS requested reports of two of those behaviors. Apprantly, after two years of reports and a year of ZoS 'monitoring', faction lock reintroduction is necessary.

Cool, but that's not my point. It doesn't matter how much notice they give, they're screwing over anyone who doesn't play just one faction. Like what Bagon said, you're alienating that entire audience because everyone is so paranoid about faction hoppers. At least think on the solution that I came up with, because as many as these RPers are happy, there are just as many who are disappointed.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s unfortunate that ZOS chose to enable and cater to toxic players.

If you don’t have any friends on other factions and if you don’t want random people to be able to play all their characters, you’re a toxic player.

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its making it better for far more though
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Cool, but that's not my point. It doesn't matter how much notice they give, they're screwing over anyone who doesn't play just one faction. Like what Bagon said, you're alienating that entire audience because everyone is so paranoid about faction hoppers. At least think on the solution that I came up with, because as many as these RPers are happy, there are just as many who are disappointed.

I don't disagree with you.

Several players have stated that when faction lock was removed previously, ZoS encouraged creation of characters of differing Alliances to 'play with your friends', and they did so.

These players are rightfully aggrieved, and being compelled to switch to a different campaign format may be unsatisfactory.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you read what I said, it was a mistake that we didn't know would permanently lock us to a faction for a month. Don't need to throw shade when you're making the argument that every trash Zergling comes up with.
    english is not my native and i dont play in cyro but even i aware what faction lock means
  • Casarion
    Casarion
    ✭✭
    If you read what I said, it was a mistake that we didn't know would permanently lock us to a faction for a month. Don't need to throw shade when you're making the argument that every trash Zergling comes up with.
    english is not my native and i dont play in cyro but even i aware what faction lock means

Reread my post
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i really dont see what the issue is here?
    for the OP i cant really see this being a "mistake" as you are warned and asked to confirm you understand you will be locked to X faction BEFORE you entered cyrodil.
    i highly suspect AD is doing far better and now you want in on the winning side.

as for those who keep arguing against Faction lock stating "not everyone plays just one faction" or "we cant play wiith our friends in different factions" why not? the only thing that has changed is you cant jump forward and back (not saying everyone here is guilty of it) holding keeps "open" or flipping resources

Faction Lock has improved the zone massively the fights are more even and map has a nice turn around

just my 2cents worth
  • Casarion
    Casarion
    ✭✭

Several players have stated that when faction lock was removed previously, ZoS encouraged creation of characters of differing Alliances to 'play with your friends', and they did so.

These players are rightfully aggrieved, and being compelled to switch to a different campaign format may be unsatisfactory.

Yeah, its a shame other people can't at the very least empathize with our viewpoint and think about it reasonably. I'm not sure what platform you're on, but on Xbox Vivec Is the only campaign with any population. These people saying "Oh, just go play a different campaign don't realize that Shor is 0 bars most of the day. It's hilarious seeing people make that argument, knowing its impossible.
  • Casarion
    Casarion
    ✭✭
    i really dont see what the issue is here?
    for the OP i cant really see this being a "mistake" as you are warned and asked to confirm you understand you will be locked to X faction BEFORE you entered cyrodil.
    i highly suspect AD is doing far better and now you want in on the winning side.

as for those who keep arguing against Faction lock stating "not everyone plays just one faction" or "we cant play wiith our friends in different factions" why not? the only thing that has changed is you cant jump forward and back (not saying everyone here is guilty of it) holding keeps "open" or flipping resources

Faction Lock has improved the zone massively the fights are more even and map has a nice turn around

just my 2cents worth

Reread what I said. Im not typing out the same thing to every ignorant RPer
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, its a shame other people can't at the very least empathize with our viewpoint and think about it reasonably. I'm not sure what platform you're on, but on Xbox Vivec Is the only campaign with any population. These people saying "Oh, just go play a different campaign don't realize that Shor is 0 bars most of the day. It's hilarious seeing people make that argument, knowing its impossible.

Um, so what?

ZOS has made a campaign (that isn't faction locked) available for players on their off-Alliance characters ... so (among other things) they can play with their friends. I have used that campaign myself for off-Alliance PvP and it's been fine so far.

You choosing not to participate in that campaign isn't anyone else's problem ... especially not ZOS's.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 15, 2019 11:05PM
  • david_m_18b16_ESO
    david_m_18b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it so hard to decide among yourselves which alliance would you play next month? are you sure you are in a ball group?

I suspect its more of a zerg group.

Personaly I would have followed and even prevented grouping with other faction.
    Edited by david_m_18b16_ESO on June 15, 2019 11:08PM
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Incoming salt:

Yop, it ruined my Transmutation Crystals farm.
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    It’s unfortunate that ZOS chose to enable and cater to toxic players.

If you don’t have any friends on other factions and if you don’t want random people to be able to play all their characters, you’re a toxic player.

So in other words you have nothing to contribute to the conversation except to insult people because they want to play the game the way it was intended. Thank you for proving the point on who the real toxic players are and why faction lock was a good idea.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction Lock is great! Loving it. I sympathize with OP and get where they are coming from, unfortunately MMOs do change.

When I started playing campaign lock was a thing. I’m glad they reintroduced it. There’s a heap of reasons why it should have always been implemented beyond RPing alliance loyalty. It reinforces the AvAvA objective. Which I get if you don’t like it, but that’s they way it is now.

Fortunately ZoS has provided a number of ways for you to PvP with your friends. Try the sewers a lot of fun to be had there. 7 day campaigns you can hop back and forth from. BGs if you’re a small group. You can duel each other.

I personally am glad to be rewarded for having all my characters (16 at this time) in one faction. And I feel like I should be awarded for it. Whether winning or losing, I still play the same alliance same campaign.

Hopefully your friends will find something to accommodate you. But I really hope alliance lock is here to stay.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction locks are good, lets keep them.
    the open faction system set up and allowed for cheats and allowed for things to happen that were never intended and was a broken system.
    people made characters on that broken system and they made friends and characters during those years of that broken system.
    that's unfortunate, but the fact remains that the system was broken and its now fixed, we all have to adjust and work with the new system because this new system works and blocks the cheats and multiple Problems we had with open factions.

lets rebuild new friendships and new characters and enjoy the game.
    next on the list is a lagg fix.
  • EdoKeledus
    EdoKeledus
    ✭✭✭
    Poor little AD guy separated from his ballgroup.

Just join the EP ballgroup now and make you new friends ,we only live once.

Too many abuses in the past, faction lock is fine.

DC PC EU Vivec
    Daggerfall Convenant Loyalist

• SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You're all blaming the roleplayers (wut) or other people who were not the ones who caused the faction lock. Start blaming your own people (or yourselves, in some cases) for this; you did it to yourselves.
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love faction lock. It makes so much more sense that you have to stay on the same team for the duration of a game, it just seems so simple.

However, I am in favor of ZOS adding some sort of option to purchase and Alliance change for a character in the Crown store. Make it 4000 crowns or something similar so that people aren’t jumping all the time, that would be annoying to players like me, who appreciate being able to depend on the people on their team for the duration of a campaign. I think we may be the majority.

I do feel the pain of some people who are not able to play with their friends on certain characters that they really enjoy... that’s a fair sentiment albeit a totally foreign thing to me since I enjoy being dedicated to one faction.
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well see, your first mistake was having a large diverse group of friends. You're not supposed to put socializing first in MMOs. The only time you're supposed to notice it's Massively Multiplayer is when someone complains about stuff they can't solo and then you rub that in their faces, but when you actually take advantage of the MM aspect to have a lot of friends in different alliances, that doesn't actually count. Learn to prioritize made-up crap that has no bearing on real-life relationships and you'll be so much happier.

Edited by Minyassa on June 16, 2019 12:05AM
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only run AD, so faction lock doesn't impact me personally. You know what else didn't impact me personally? Not having faction lock. Literally never. So a couple of times someone snagged our scroll and ran to the other enemy team. Guess what? Still happened the other night, sooooo....

Granted I'm not on every moment of every day, so maybe I'm missing something.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Casarion

You say others should empathize with your position and be reasonable. Yet you call people who support faction lock "RPers" and say they "just look dumb". Nope, I don't think you want empathy. You want to have your way, others be damned. Clearly, many more people than you think are interested in alliance play in addition to the PvP. Deal with it.
  • Casarion
    Casarion
    ✭✭
    @daemonios I was being an *** because the first 5 comments I had were all coming at me. If you read any of my other replies or even took the time to look at my argument, it's clear that I don't just want an end all be all radical change, which is sort of what we are experiencing rn. Im getting tired of restating the same thing for people to just ignore what my point is. Go read it again.
  • Casarion
    Casarion
    ✭✭
    I love faction lock. It makes so much more sense that you have to stay on the same team for the duration of a game, it just seems so simple.

However, I am in favor of ZOS adding some sort of option to purchase and Alliance change for a character in the Crown store. Make it 4000 crowns or something similar so that people aren’t jumping all the time, that would be annoying to players like me, who appreciate being able to depend on the people on their team for the duration of a campaign. I think we may be the majority.

I do feel the pain of some people who are not able to play with their friends on certain characters that they really enjoy... that’s a fair sentiment albeit a totally foreign thing to me since I enjoy being dedicated to one faction.

Spend 4000 crowns to change each of my characters to one alliance or spend 150k AP to swap my home faction.... hmmm I wonder which one is more reasonable?
  • Casarion
    Casarion
    ✭✭
    EdoKeledus wrote: »
    Poor little AD guy separated from his ballgroup.

Just join the EP ballgroup now and make you new friends ,we only live once.

Too many abuses in the past, faction lock is fine.

I main EP lmao, I just group on yellow about three times a week usually.

Um, so what?

ZOS has made a campaign (that isn't faction locked) available for players on their off-Alliance characters ... so (among other things) they can play with their friends. I have used that campaign myself for off-Alliance PvP and it's been fine so far.

You choosing not to participate in that campaign isn't anyone else's problem ... especially not ZOS's.

Shor on console is 0 bars all day.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unlucky. Bite the bullet, adapt and overcome.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Casarion
    Casarion
    ✭✭
    I'm done replying to these ignorant posts that are completely disregarding my point. Just think about the other side and how annoying it'd be to spend thousands of hours between three different factions, grouping on each one and enjoying all of it, making countless friends and then all of that is thrown away for a month at a time. By endorsing the faction lock, you're basically saying I can't pvp on the majority of my characters or play with anyone who isn't on that one faction. No, Shor is not an option on console since it's 0 bars all day on Xbox. BGs are possible, but me and my friends all have high MMRs (If that's even a thing anymore idk) and the queues take at the very least 20 minutes per match. This isn't to complain, moreso to propose a possible solution to this that would please both sides. A fee for changing factions mid campaign could at the very least solve some situations, maybe for a million AP?

Either way, this feature is way too restrictive and doesn't take into consideration the many people who play more than one faction. You can't disregard this fact by just simply saying "Choose one". That's not a reasonable solution. Maybe instead of shitting on my opinion, maybe someone would like to propose a different solution?

Anyway, i'm done looking at this thread, it's just full of people jumping the gun. Hope you all enjoy your RP zergs.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm done replying to these ignorant posts that are completely disregarding my point. Just think about the other side and how annoying it'd be to spend thousands of hours between three different factions, grouping on each one and enjoying all of it, making countless friends and then all of that is thrown away for a month at a time. By endorsing the faction lock, you're basically saying I can't pvp on the majority of my characters or play with anyone who isn't on that one faction. No, Shor is not an option on console since it's 0 bars all day on Xbox. BGs are possible, but me and my friends all have high MMRs (If that's even a thing anymore idk) and the queues take at the very least 20 minutes per match. This isn't to complain, moreso to propose a possible solution to this that would please both sides. A fee for changing factions mid campaign could at the very least solve some situations, maybe for a million AP?

Either way, this feature is way too restrictive and doesn't take into consideration the many people who play more than one faction. You can't disregard this fact by just simply saying "Choose one". That's not a reasonable solution. Maybe instead of shitting on my opinion, maybe someone would like to propose a different solution?

Anyway, i'm done looking at this thread, it's just full of people jumping the gun. Hope you all enjoy your RP zergs.

Lmao, thread says "Alliance Lock Ruining PvP for Many" but OP can't handle that many others disagree with him/her.
    This made my day :)
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strap line should be renamed "One third Tamriel"
This discussion has been closed.