Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alliance Lock Ruining PvP for Many

Casarion
Casarion
✭✭
The new alliance lock feature has hindered many players, myself included from being able to pvp with one another. It would be one thing if you could change factions for a fee of AP or gold, but instead I'm locked to red for a whole month while everyone who I ballgroup with is on yellow-Xbox. Some others I know made this mistake so we've lost several people already due to this new feature. Are other people disappointed in this feature? It's basically killed over half the game for me since I can't group or play with most of my friends for a month.
GT: Il Tempest lI
Main: Stam Sorc, Mag Sorc and Magblade
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've only ever played DC, so it doesn't bother me one bit. In fact, faction chat overall has been better for it.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you ask me they should have locked an account to a faction permanently in a given campaign, but i'll take what i can get.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it so hard to decide among yourselves which alliance would you play next month? are you sure you are in a ball group?
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you zoS for the lock! PVP is so much more enjoyable!!!
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    faction jumpers have ruined PvP for way more people

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, agree with your ball what faction you guys are going to be next month and learn from your mistakes.

Or go to the 7-day campaign.
    The Moot Councillor
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for faction lock, but you do make a good point. You should now be able to switch a character or two if they are in the wrong alliance. Make it real strict though ie can only switch a character once a year. You don't want constant switching. Really messed GW2 up.
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Casarion wrote: »
    The new alliance lock feature has hindered many players, myself included from being able to pvp with one another. It would be one thing if you could change factions for a fee of AP or gold, but instead I'm locked to red for a whole month while everyone who I ballgroup with is on yellow-Xbox. Some others I know made this mistake so we've lost several people already due to this new feature. Are other people disappointed in this feature? It's basically killed over half the game for me since I can't group or play with most of my friends for a month.

You can still help them! Let them kill you, rez and repeat.

Seriously, the game warned you about the faction lock and you didn't even bother on reading. It's all on you mate.

PS: Faction lock is awesome.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faction lock was poorly implemented.
    They should’ve added it to the 7 day campaign instead of the 30 to see if its so popular. Because the 7 day was already dead before lock.
    Edited by frostz417 on June 15, 2019 8:21PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso launched with locked campaigns, people complained so they changed it, it was then abused and alot of cheats and many bad things came from that freedom.
    people took advantage of it and abused the system.
    Many people thought it was a way of life and made 8 alts of every faction thinking eso would be this way forever
    i love the faction locks and i hope they stay this way forever as was intended.
    Edited by Gilvoth on June 15, 2019 8:43PM
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cant play with your ballgroup because they play on another faction?!?!? And you choose another one?!? ROFL
  • ryzen_gamer_gal
    ryzen_gamer_gal
    ✭✭✭✭

The only think stopping you from playing on the faction you want is your refusal to level up a character in the faction of your friend. If you wont do it it's your fault.
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the day people on opposite factions were literally invisible to you unless you met up on the Cyrodiil battlefield. That's right, if you were EP or DC you'd never see an AD player anywhere outside of Cyrodiil. What we have right now is a good compromise.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

False
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well said, even tho some dont agree, Many more like myself DO agree with you.

Edited by Gilvoth on June 15, 2019 8:58PM
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only advantage to unlocked Cyrodiil was to people who decided to jump to the zerg-of-the-day.
    Much better now that you have to commit to a side, and play it for all it's worth.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction lock sucks. Can no longer play 2 thirds of my characters in cp
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    Faction lock sucks. Can no longer play 2 thirds of my characters in cp

Sure you can. There is the 7-day camp or wait until the 30-day is over.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only play one faction so I don’t REALLY care; but, I never got the idea of faction lock. PCNA Ep wins often enough despite fighting ball Zerglings much of the time.

I don’t play the map. I play to kill fools and fools still dropping lol. My only thing is am I going to have to pay to set the crappy-named Vivec home next campaign?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really easy to say and hard to back up. Considering the first reason Zos gave for brining back faction locks was people asked for it. If it was really that your "faction jumpers" were an issue it would have been irrelevant that people had asked for it and Zos would have had a very solid reason for bringing it back. That alone seems discredit your comment.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a L2P issue right here... why would you log in the game and say "hey even tho I play on yellow I'll make sure to log onto my red or blue toon and jump in pvp and make it my home campaign" lol honestly what an amazing idea that was good job kid
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And btw when you say its messing pvp up for many your only talking about a hand full of people since the mass population is enjoying it
  • bagon
    bagon
    ✭✭✭

The faction lock is a terrible idea and was already removed once because it was garbage. Zos loves appealing 2 the thumbless roleplayers so here we are with the lock again. We just got locked out of our characters on other alliances basically because people have faction pride, which is cringey enough, its a dead video game. Having people be allowed 2 play whatever faction on whatever campaign, and then revoking that privledge after you grind the character, pay for mount upgrades e.t.c is dumb.
  • Casarion
    Casarion
    ✭✭
    It would also be another thing if Shor actually had any population to act as an alternative, but its 0 bars 90% of the day. Some compromise would be nice, hopefully the RPers can see past their fantasies and just let people play the game the way its been played for years.
  • Casarion
    Casarion
    ✭✭

The only think stopping you from playing on the faction you want is your refusal to level up a character in the faction of your friend. If you wont do it it's your fault.

Im not sure where you got that from what I said, I do play all factions frequently including the one my group is on. The issue as I've said is that I unknowingly got stuck on red for a month and many people I personally know are dealing with the same issue. A 30 day lock for one click of a button with no real alternatives seems pretty rash, doesn't it? Or am I the one being unreasonable for wanting a solution to both sides?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spot on, it's better immediately.

And as a by product if ZOS have broken up 'ball groups' all the better. Less zerg, less lag.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would also be another thing if Shor actually had any population to act as an alternative, but its 0 bars 90% of the day. Some compromise would be nice, hopefully the RPers can see past their fantasies and just let people play the game the way its been played for years.

Basically let the cheats keep cheating? No thanks. The change has made a positive differnrce already and all the 'sky is falling' nonsense from the anti lock camp hasn't happened.

The only downside is folls with tri-toons need to get organised with their mates. It's not that hard. Adapt and overcome. Move along the change curve.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Faction lock was poorly implemented.
    They should’ve added it to the 7 day campaign instead of the 30 to see if its so popular. Because the 7 day was already dead before lock.

No. Because sticking to your faction and helping it win the campaign is more relevant in the 30-day campaign.

If faction lock is so unpopular, everyone who disagrees with it should go to the 7-day campaign and make it the busiest.
    The Moot Councillor
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Really easy to say and hard to back up. Considering the first reason Zos gave for brining back faction locks was people asked for it. If it was really that your "faction jumpers" were an issue it would have been irrelevant that people had asked for it and Zos would have had a very solid reason for bringing it back. That alone seems discredit your comment.

In the release notes for Update 18, ZoS specifically stated that they were aware of the concerns about Alliance loyalty and would continue to monitor faction behavior. This developer comment was related to extensive threads regarding exploits made possible by faction change. Additionally, in some of the threads which documented the abuses, ZoS requested player reports on two specific 'faction-hop' behaviors. In that context, it is clearly understood that Zenimax has been monitoring specific behaviors and considering reintroduction of faction locks for more than a year.
  • Casarion
    Casarion
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Basically let the cheats keep cheating? No thanks. The change has made a positive differnrce already and all the 'sky is falling' nonsense from the anti lock camp hasn't happened.

The only downside is folls with tri-toons need to get organised with their mates. It's not that hard. Adapt and overcome. Move along the change curve.

The cheats? Imagine thinking that people actually hop factions to sneak "intel". No one does that, and even if some random did, it never makes a difference. The map flips from groups, not the 100 man zergs that get wiped from an organized 12 man, and fast at that.

You can't just change such a crucial part of the game after so many years and expect people to just go with it for the sake of faction pride. Most people have played at least two factions and invested thousands of hours between different characters, and you're just gonna come out of no where and say I can't play that character essentially for a month? Does that not seem radical to any of you? Like I've said 5x now, why not be reasonable and implement a solution that pleases both sides rather than doing such a radical change?
This discussion has been closed.