The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

The cost of Cornflower

ShadowKyuubi
ShadowKyuubi
✭✭✭✭
I am probably going to ridiculed by some people for this, but can we please find a way to lower the cost of cornflower? The prices are becoming ridiculously high for it. I know the story of why it rose in the first place, but please stop raising the price. Zenimax, can you please add more cornflower spawn points to help lower the cost. Or can we all just agree not to raise it anymore.

Cheers,
Shadow
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people stop buying it, the price will go down. Your answer is right there. Convince people to stop paying the high prices.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last time ZOS adjusted alchemy supply was when columbine was super pricy and they added alchemy reagents to Imperial City.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To many potion addicts
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a supply and demand equation.

Do alchemy writs daily on multiple characters to help you with both matts and gold. Spend some time farming matts and sell those you do not want to use. Maybe pair up with a someone who mostly plays stam to trade matts. Do things to earn gold.

But the entire economy on matts in pretty much every MMORPG I have played was based on supply and demand.
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go farm cornflower to supply your own need
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best way to lower the cost of cornflower? Reduce the cost to zero (0) by the myriad ways to find it in-game:

- Overland Farming
    - Tel Var & PvP Daily satchels
    - Alchemy Writs
    - Dark Brotherhood Shadowy Supplier
    - Trading with other players for items of equal value

Also, it doesn't hurt to re-examine your build ... and make sure your magicka regen and major sorcery uptime could be improved in other places.

EDIT: Shadowy Supplier does not specifically have cornflower.
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 11, 2019 1:45AM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka specs have been going strong, so that has been raising the prices, since there is higher demand; nowdays no matter what I'm doing, if I spot a cornflower, I stop everything and race like mad to it :smiley: I don't think any active price adjustment will take place, it will adjust with time and with meta, like most things... example: powdered mother of pearl was really expensive but the event which had it dropping in boxes and then artaem broth being nerfed, have lowered its price considerably... best way is to just do your daily crafting writs, farm a little (or a lot, with telvar, etc.) and be frugal with your pots when you are running low--also, sorcery and prophecy buffs can be aquired via skills, so you can save on potions.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s oko that I keep running out of. And the price of that is ridiculous.
    Edited by DarcyMardin on June 10, 2019 12:35AM
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No one forcing you to buy it. Just go out and gather your own, where do you think all the ones on the guild stores come from. (aside from those alchemy satchels bought with tel var in the Imperial city and alchemy surveys from daily crafting writs)
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    sounds like you have a potion addiction and want the suppliers to reduce their prices because of such.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corn Flower is the easiest Alchemy Reagent to farm. You can see it from across the map without Keen Eye.

If the price for someone else to farm it is too high, then go farm your own.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best way to lower the cost of cornflower? Reduce the cost to zero (0) by the myriad ways to find it in-game:

- Overland Farming
    - Tel Var & PvP Daily satchels
    - Alchemy Writs
    - Dark Brotherhood Shadowy Supplier
    - Trading with other players for items of equal value

Also, it doesn't hurt to re-examine your build ... and make sure your magicka regen and major sorcery uptime could be improved in other places.

LOL.

Overland and Tel-Var farming is subject to competition. If you're the only one there, great. But when was the last time you were able to run IC boss circuits or Hollow City flower circuits without competing against other players? Twice as many people running farming circuits doesn't mean twice the number of flowers being added to the supply. It just means twice the number of people competing for the same pie.

Alchemy writs are nice and do help, but you can't sustain the levels of spell power potion usage required for vet trials progression from writs alone.

Perhaps you should try the Shadowy Supplier before suggesting it? Regular users of the Shadowy Supplier should know that it will never supply the player with Corn Flower, Lady's Smock, or Water Hyacinth.

As for trading, how does that help? Why not just tell people to trade [valuable item] for gold and then trade that gold for Corn Flower? That doesn't change that Corn Flower's supply-and-demand ratio is the most unfavorable of all the base game alchemy reagents.
    Nestor wrote: »
    Corn Flower is the easiest Alchemy Reagent to farm. You can see it from across the map without Keen Eye.

If the price for someone else to farm it is too high, then go farm your own.

Try to see how long it'll take to farm out enough Corn Flower (that visibility also means it's the easiest flower for competing farmers to snipe) to sustain an hour of vet Cloudrest progression, and then compare the amount of time needed to farm with the amount of time actually playing the content.

I was in that position at one point, where it took an hour of running farming circuits to get potions to run an hour of content. If that sounds like someone's idea of fun... well...
    Edited by code65536 on June 10, 2019 7:11PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, be aware that the forums are full of greedy traders who will make excuses for this crap and always have since 2014.

There is NO good reason for Spell Pots to cost 50% more than they did a couple months ago. You can say "supply and demand blah blah blah" all you want, but I do not believe for a minute that demand has risen that much. Supply is probably being restricted, either by crooked trade guilds or by the devs themselves.

In any case, it is high time that ZOS did something to increase the SUPPLY. Then all the forum economists won't have anything to complain about when prices drop!

Edited by Emma_Overload on June 10, 2019 7:09PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're paying for someone else's time just like you would for a mechanic. They charge parts PLUS LABOR. Why should the ones that take HOURS to farm this stuff practically give it to you? We value our time even if you don't. So no we're not lowering our prices. You can go farm it yourself if you don't like it.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, be aware that the forums are full of greedy traders who will make excuses for this crap and always have since 2014.

There is NO good reason for Spell Pots to cost 50% more than they did a couple months ago. You can say "supply and demand blah blah blah" all you want, but I do not believe for a minute that demand has risen that much. Supply is probably being restricted, either by crooked trade guilds or by the devs themselves.

In any case, it is high time that ZOS did something to increase the SUPPLY. Then all the forum economists won't have anything to complain about when prices drop!

My friend, who plays a lot of PVP, says that a lot of PVPers are now using spell power pots in there instead of what they were previously using. This would indicate a clear increase in demand.

I have plenty of supply. Do your daily alchemy writs. Get surveys. I've gotten up to 24 corn flower from 1 survey before. (and with alchemy surveys you can run away and "reset" the survey, I don't do this, as I'm sure you could eventually get even more corn flower from one). I have 1.3k corn flower on me. I don't sell it, I haven't bought it, and I run exclusively magicka characters in trials (healer) and have for years, and I always use "good" potions when doing so.

Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Alchemy writs are nice and do help, but you can't sustain the levels of spell power potion usage required for vet trials progression from writs alone.

I do disagree with this on an account wide basis. On a character basis, yes, it is assuredly true. However, if you have alt characters that do writs as well, you can easily sustain your needs.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Thorvik_Tyrson
    Thorvik_Tyrson
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

I do disagree with this on an account wide basis. On a character basis, yes, it is assuredly true. However, if you have alt characters that do writs as well, you can easily sustain your needs.

I disagree here about the daily writs sustaining the account. I had 10 characters doing the daily writs (Pre Elsweyr) At one point I was ignoring the Alchemy writ if it needed the 3 cornflower as the cost of one cornflower was more than the turn in gold. I did notice that last week I was up at 19 cornflower, so I started doing the writs that needed the cornflower. Then bad RNG hit and I had a run on the Cornflower writ turn ins. So I was down to 0 cornflower over the weekend. Somedays you run across cornflower in your farming... Some days you don't. I would probably have been better off putting the Cornflower on the market instead of doing the Alchemy writ.

@Nestor: you must have a much better video card than I do, because I certainly cant always see the cornflower even with Keen Eye turn on with all characters.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree here about the daily writs sustaining the account. I had 10 characters doing the daily writs (Pre Elsweyr) At one point I was ignoring the Alchemy writ if it needed the 3 cornflower as the cost of one cornflower was more than the turn in gold. I did notice that last week I was up at 19 cornflower, so I started doing the writs that needed the cornflower. Then bad RNG hit and I had a run on the Cornflower writ turn ins. So I was down to 0 cornflower over the weekend. Somedays you run across cornflower in your farming... Some days you don't. I would probably have been better off putting the Cornflower on the market instead of doing the Alchemy writ.

@Nestor: you must have a much better video card than I do, because I certainly cant always see the cornflower even with Keen Eye turn on with all characters.

None of the max level alchemy writs use corn flower.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Various tiers of alchemy writs offer different reagent rewards. IIRC, there is one particular tier that rewards corn flower.

Doing alchemy writs on all characters is quick (you can premake stacks of all the items in advance) and they provide alchemy surveys that can produce a lot of reagents, especially if you do them account-wide. "Survey Minions" (characters farming surveys), do not need any any skill points invested.

As a result of doing so many writs daily, I currently have 874 alchemy surveys to collect.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps you should try the Shadowy Supplier before suggesting it? Regular users of the Shadowy Supplier should know that it will never supply the player with Corn Flower, Lady's Smock, or Water Hyacinth.

Correct, the Shadowy Supplier (Potion/Poisons Option) does not provide Corn Flower.
    • 5 Alliance Potions – Magicka (13.5%)
    • 5 Alliance Potions – Stamina (20.3%)
    • Toxin Satchel
    • 3 Emetic Russula, 3 Fleshfly Larva, 3 Alkahest, 3 Nightshade (20.3%)
    • 3 Namira’s Rot, 3 Blessed Thistle, 3 Alkahest, 3 Nirnroot (22.5%)
    • 3 Luminous Russula, 3 Imp Stool, 3 Alkahest, 3 Spider Egg (23.4%)

Source: http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/theorycrafting-shadowy-supplier/

ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fun Fact only Tier 1 and 2 alchemy writs ask for 3 Corn Flower.

http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-alchemist-writs/
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, for the anniversary event, I went and maxed out alchemy on every character that didn't have it maxed, specifically so that I avoid doing tier-1 writs that consume CF.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, @code65536, I edited my previous post.

I'm sure you're aware that Trials progression players are not the only players that have to deal with a scarcity of cornflower.

As others have said in this thread, crafters and PvP players have the same issue ... and offered their suggestions.
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, there are plenty of corn flowers out there. I see people people *not* picking them up all the time.
    Reminds me of listing some @ 400gold each later today :)
  • BrianLovesLisa
    BrianLovesLisa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't log on the game and walk threw a town to do dailies, with out running into it multiple times >.> clearly they can't make LAZY people who want it farm for it.
  • Thorvik_Tyrson
    Thorvik_Tyrson
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for this! Very helpful. Looks like I need to get some skill points for leveling alchemy.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am probably going to ridiculed by some people for this, but can we please find a way to lower the cost of cornflower? The prices are becoming ridiculously high for it. I know the story of why it rose in the first place, but please stop raising the price. Zenimax, can you please add more cornflower spawn points to help lower the cost. Or can we all just agree not to raise it anymore.

So you are asking for price manipulation which is not a good thing. If ZOS lows the price with maximum cap on selling price, then you will the Markets dry up as people shift away from farming/selling to other activities. Then zone chat is flooded with wts cf at prices above the price caps. Let the market bare what it will.

Just as the forums is full of those that want easy handouts to support their chosen style of play even at the detriment of another's chosen style of play.

You are ignoring the fact that a new class has been introduced into the game which is slanted more towards Magicka. The restriction comes from less people gathering than is using, simple economics.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    I've put up spell pots quite a few times on a few different guild traders with no success, even with low prices. No takers, maybe I should try selling corn flower by itself.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supply and demand. Good way around this would be to allow players to have gardens in their homes with 3 resources that can be grown at a time.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ardaghion wrote: »
    I've put up spell pots quite a few times on a few different guild traders with no success, even with low prices. No takers, maybe I should try selling corn flower by itself.

Potions sell very well, but only in a few cities unless they are priced low enough for flippers. The cities where they sell well at normal price are, first, the capitals (because of the undaunted hubs). Second, Vivec and Alinor, because a lot of people home their toons there. Third, Rawl, because it is a shopping mecca. If you are trying to sell pots elsewhere, it will be tough.