Maintenance for the week of August 19:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Website for maintenance – August 22, 7:00AM EDT (11:00 UTC)

The cost of Cornflower

  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    If you want it to cost less you should farm it yourself. Upset the current balance of supply and demand by increasing the supply.

    That is only valid if you have a reasonably sure way to find it. Running around for hours may get you some or it may completely waste your time (if Cornflower is your only goal). Telling someone to just farm it is not quite valid.

    Of course it's valid, just because the ROI is low doesn't make it invalid. If you need large quantities of cornflower then the alternative is paying the prices listed by sellers. If you can't afford the prices then sell more junk to afford it.

    Or just slot inner light and use trash alliance pots for the same effect.

    So exactly where do I go to farm Cornflower? I suppose you may want to keep your super secret location to yourself, but I only find it occasionally while questing, where I pick up most mats I come across. I have never seen clumps of it past possibly two in a survey. Running randomly around to "farm" does not seem very productive in this game.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nodes are randomized,@FlopsyPrince ... so there’s no set location to farm Cornflower on its own.

    There are some zones that have a high concentration of nodes in certain areas ... or are otherwise quiet.

    The beginner zones are pretty quiet: Stros M’kai, Bal Foyen, Khenarthi’s Roost, Betnikh, and Bleakrock.

    Remember, the guild trader system isn’t “broken” just because the prices aren’t what you want to pay. Demand pricing is working fine.
    "May you walk on warm sands."
    "First, I would ask that you look to the poor and the suffering around Cyrodiil. Look into their hearts, and then look into your own."
    "May Auri-El's light guide you in your darkest hours."

    North American (NA) PC Megaserver (click to view):
    Vilerihala - Magicka Templar (Altmer ~ Dedicated Healer) ~ Màisalihna - Stamina Dragonknight (Bosmer) ~ Áhliaselia - Stamina Templar (Bosmer) ~ Thraccenia Vendicci - Stamina Sorcerer (Imperial) ~ daa'Vaaliánia - Magicka Warden (Dunmer) ~ Wenayastare - Magicka Dragonknight (Altmer) ~ Aráliavina - Stamina Nightblade (Bosmer) ~ Ysyna Rielle - Magicka Warden (Breton) ~ Dro-r'Aahni Bright-Paws - Magicka Necromancer (Khajiit) ~ Rhusannah - Stamina Nightblade (Redguard) ~ Eirellonye - Magicka Nightblade (Altmer) ~ Lae'Suuriávia - Stamina Warden (Bosmer) ~ Dralora Savani - Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer) ~ Billows-With-Incense - Magicka Warden (Argonian ~ Dedicated Healer) ~ Anísa'Vardaia - Health Dragonknight (Imperial) ~ Azhnakha gra-Shugarz - Stamina Necromancer (Orc) ~ Vilinalara - Magicka Sorcerer (Altmer ~ Grand Master Crafter)
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nodes are randomized,@FlopsyPrince ... so there’s no set location to farm Cornflower on its own.

    There are some zones that have a high concentration of nodes in certain areas ... or are otherwise quiet.

    The beginner zones are pretty quiet: Stros M’kai, Bal Foyen, Khenarthi’s Roost, Betnikh, and Bleakrock.

    Remember, the guild trader system isn’t “broken” just because the prices aren’t what you want to pay. Demand pricing is working fine.

    No, it is broken because it is incredibly hard to find many things when you want them. It is broken because you can only list 30 items per guild at a time and are subject to whether they win a bit this week or not.

    It is horrid, yet a lot of people like it, mostly because they are very used to it and profit greatly, especially if they can make money flipping items because finding out a good price is so difficult.

    It adds a tiny bit of color to the game, but that is all.

    ====

    Farming mats in the starting zones means you need to compete with all the bots doing the same, though even that has minimal promise of Cornflower, the point of this post.

    I can live with that and I am fine with people charging what they can, but claiming farming is a great alternative just waiting to be tried is disingenuous.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I farmed nodes while running treasure maps in the starting zones just two days ago ... and it was bot-free.

    Humor me and at least try it.

    It’s guaranteed to be more time-efficient than forum posts proclaiming the game isn’t fair.
    "May you walk on warm sands."
    "First, I would ask that you look to the poor and the suffering around Cyrodiil. Look into their hearts, and then look into your own."
    "May Auri-El's light guide you in your darkest hours."

    North American (NA) PC Megaserver (click to view):
    Vilerihala - Magicka Templar (Altmer ~ Dedicated Healer) ~ Màisalihna - Stamina Dragonknight (Bosmer) ~ Áhliaselia - Stamina Templar (Bosmer) ~ Thraccenia Vendicci - Stamina Sorcerer (Imperial) ~ daa'Vaaliánia - Magicka Warden (Dunmer) ~ Wenayastare - Magicka Dragonknight (Altmer) ~ Aráliavina - Stamina Nightblade (Bosmer) ~ Ysyna Rielle - Magicka Warden (Breton) ~ Dro-r'Aahni Bright-Paws - Magicka Necromancer (Khajiit) ~ Rhusannah - Stamina Nightblade (Redguard) ~ Eirellonye - Magicka Nightblade (Altmer) ~ Lae'Suuriávia - Stamina Warden (Bosmer) ~ Dralora Savani - Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer) ~ Billows-With-Incense - Magicka Warden (Argonian ~ Dedicated Healer) ~ Anísa'Vardaia - Health Dragonknight (Imperial) ~ Azhnakha gra-Shugarz - Stamina Necromancer (Orc) ~ Vilinalara - Magicka Sorcerer (Altmer ~ Grand Master Crafter)
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the new changes Corfflower will drop and Stinkhorn will skyrocket, start farming Stinkhorn now.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭
    I farmed nodes while running treasure maps in the starting zones just two days ago ... and it was bot-free.

    Humor me and at least try it.

    It’s guaranteed to be more time-efficient than forum posts proclaiming the game isn’t fair.

    I fought with them most of the time I was doing farming runs, so my experience differs from yours.
    Ysbriel wrote: »
    With the new changes Corfflower will drop and Stinkhorn will skyrocket, start farming Stinkhorn now.

    I find Stinkhorn all over the place now. At least I am stocking up automatically.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ysbriel wrote: »
    With the new changes Corfflower will drop and Stinkhorn will skyrocket, start farming Stinkhorn now.

    What new changes?

    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭
    That is only valid if you have a reasonably sure way to find it.

    Apparently you have played the game long enough to need high level mats without gaining even the most basic knowledge of efficient ways to farm them. That's kind of mind-blowing, but will take you at your word.

    Like any other game activity, farming mats takes some rudimentary planning to do well. The difference is that efficient mat farming is a total, near intuitive no brainer. Once the following is set up, commit to do your mat farming daily or every other day, 30 minutes per day will be more than enough to get what you need and get other things to trade for what you need. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT PROSPECT, THEN GET COMFORTABLE SPENDING THE GOLD YOU MAKE DOING OTHER THINGS INGAME ON THE MATS YOU NEED. It's -that- simple.

    Consider a harvest map type add-on that flags nodes on the character you choose to use as farmer. Invest a little gold in a cheap speed set of gear. Cowards Gear and Prisoner's synergize well and are dirt cheap in less wanted traits, allow a very fast Orc streaking sorcer for example (Warden can also be very fast) and there are several other options in gear such as Fjord's (more expensive), Smuggler, Jail breaker (easy dungeon), lots of ways to skin the gear cat. Put some points in the alchemy skill that lights up nodes from a distance and you will be utterly amazed at the nodes you were missing. If your other game activities are to the point of needing cornflower regularly, then the hour or less you spend on these very basic things is utterly trivial. Once done they are done, no need to redo.

    More advanced, use a max level crafter to harvest resource nodes to make sure they are always at the highest level. If you don't have a max level crafter, use an alt to start deconning the many many pieces of intricate gear you get running dungeons. Do the Cyrodiil tutorial that involves no pvp to unlock rapids if not unlocked. Use this on your mount when going between node patches. Train stamina on your mount as well as speed. Run steed mundus on your harvesting character and make sure to have the double harvest chance and fast harvest chance CP nodes unlocked.

    Creating a route takes similar lowkey time investment. I have never seen a bot on my route. Have routes A, B and C. If there is competitive pressure on one route at the time, use another. If there is no pressure ever on your route, it isn't a very good one. Some zones are near empty, yet have lots of nodes just sitting there. Some of the best harvesting areas ingame are relatively far from wayshrines.

    There is no "special cornflower spot" but there ARE areas in the game that spawn more alchemy/plant nodes in ratio to other node types. With an add-on, those take little time to figure out. Finally, again for emphasis, if you don't want to do elementary, low time investment things like these to get the mats you need then get comfortable paying gold for them.

  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttaface wrote: »
    That is only valid if you have a reasonably sure way to find it.


    Consider a harvest map type add-on that flags nodes on the character you choose to use as farmer. Invest a little gold in a cheap speed set of gear. Cowards Gear and Prisoner's synergize well and are dirt cheap in less wanted traits, allow a very fast Orc streaking sorcer for example (Warden can also be very fast) and there are several other options in gear such as Fjord's (more expensive), Smuggler, Jail breaker (easy dungeon), lots of ways to skin the gear cat. Put some points in the alchemy skill that lights up nodes from a distance and you will be utterly amazed at the nodes you were missing. If your other game activities are to the point of needing cornflower regularly, then the hour or less you spend on these very basic things is utterly trivial. Once done they are done, no need to redo.


    There is no "special cornflower spot" but there ARE areas in the game that spawn more alchemy/plant nodes in ratio to other node types. With an add-on, those take little time to figure out. Finally, again for emphasis, if you don't want to do elementary, low time investment things like these to get the mats you need then get comfortable paying gold for them.

    FYI, OP is on PS4 so no add-ons available.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

    Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)


  • Thorvik_Tyrson
    Thorvik_Tyrson
    ✭✭✭
    buttaface wrote: »
    That is only valid if you have a reasonably sure way to find it.

    Apparently you have played the game long enough to need high level mats without gaining even the most basic knowledge of efficient ways to farm them. That's kind of mind-blowing, but will take you at your word.

    Like any other game activity, farming mats takes some rudimentary planning to do well. The difference is that efficient mat farming is a total, near intuitive no brainer. Once the following is set up, commit to do your mat farming daily or every other day, 30 minutes per day will be more than enough to get what you need and get other things to trade for what you need. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT PROSPECT, THEN GET COMFORTABLE SPENDING THE GOLD YOU MAKE DOING OTHER THINGS INGAME ON THE MATS YOU NEED. It's -that- simple.

    Consider a harvest map type add-on that flags nodes on the character you choose to use as farmer. Invest a little gold in a cheap speed set of gear. Cowards Gear and Prisoner's synergize well and are dirt cheap in less wanted traits, allow a very fast Orc streaking sorcer for example (Warden can also be very fast) and there are several other options in gear such as Fjord's (more expensive), Smuggler, Jail breaker (easy dungeon), lots of ways to skin the gear cat. Put some points in the alchemy skill that lights up nodes from a distance and you will be utterly amazed at the nodes you were missing. If your other game activities are to the point of needing cornflower regularly, then the hour or less you spend on these very basic things is utterly trivial. Once done they are done, no need to redo.

    More advanced, use a max level crafter to harvest resource nodes to make sure they are always at the highest level. If you don't have a max level crafter, use an alt to start deconning the many many pieces of intricate gear you get running dungeons. Do the Cyrodiil tutorial that involves no pvp to unlock rapids if not unlocked. Use this on your mount when going between node patches. Train stamina on your mount as well as speed. Run steed mundus on your harvesting character and make sure to have the double harvest chance and fast harvest chance CP nodes unlocked.

    Creating a route takes similar lowkey time investment. I have never seen a bot on my route. Have routes A, B and C. If there is competitive pressure on one route at the time, use another. If there is no pressure ever on your route, it isn't a very good one. Some zones are near empty, yet have lots of nodes just sitting there. Some of the best harvesting areas ingame are relatively far from wayshrines.

    There is no "special cornflower spot" but there ARE areas in the game that spawn more alchemy/plant nodes in ratio to other node types. With an add-on, those take little time to figure out. Finally, again for emphasis, if you don't want to do elementary, low time investment things like these to get the mats you need then get comfortable paying gold for them.

    Thanks for the tip on the no PVP to get rapids. I'll check that out.

    Both Flopsy and I are too new to this game to have that max level crafter (At least I'm still working on it). I do more materials farming while running around doing the delve daily's on the characters that I decide to use that day.

    I disagree that it needs to be a max crafter if you have the CP points for double alchemy mats. I have not seen any skills for giving bonus herbs collected. I'm a LLLLLLLoooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg way from having the faster harvest speed unlocked. (Not everyone has been playing this game for years).

    Thanks again for the tips, but not all of them apply to us noob players.

    note: in any other game we would be able to easily purchase what we needed for crafting mats from the AH. but not in ESO.
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks again for the tips, but not all of them apply to us noob players.

    Newbs have no need for quantities of cornflower at all, so now I'm left puzzled about the thread premise.

    Agreed that the trading system in ESO is terribad.

  • Thorvik_Tyrson
    Thorvik_Tyrson
    ✭✭✭
    buttaface wrote: »
    Thanks again for the tips, but not all of them apply to us noob players.

    Newbs have no need for quantities of cornflower at all, so now I'm left puzzled about the thread premise.

    Agreed that the trading system in ESO is terribad.

    You need it for the tier1 or tier2 crafting dailies. that is where I was running out of it. With 18 characters, I would sometimes get hit with 6-8 characters that wanted 3 cornflower for the turn in. Thanks to this thread, I now know to get to Tier3 and you dont need 3x cornflower for the turn in.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttaface wrote: »
    Thanks again for the tips, but not all of them apply to us noob players.

    Newbs have no need for quantities of cornflower at all, so now I'm left puzzled about the thread premise.

    Agreed that the trading system in ESO is terribad.

    You need it for the tier1 or tier2 crafting dailies. that is where I was running out of it. With 18 characters, I would sometimes get hit with 6-8 characters that wanted 3 cornflower for the turn in. Thanks to this thread, I now know to get to Tier3 and you dont need 3x cornflower for the turn in.

    don't do tier1 or tier2 crafting dailies. Alchemy is very easy to level to at least level 3. The material costs at tier1 and tier2 (esp when corn flower is used) make them more expensive than the rewards. Simply wait until you're at a higher level with those.
    Healer - Retired Raiders - - - Raid Leader - Nightfighters
    Elearium - Argonian Warden - EP - Bringer of Light - Welkynar Liberator - Extinguisher of Flames - Voice of Reason - Dro-m’Athra Destroyer - Flawless Conquerer - Former Empress - Divayth Fyr’s Coadjuster - Blackrose Executioner - Master Angler - Grand Master Crafter - AR27 - 36.3k+ Achievement Points
    Elorím - Argonian Warden - DC - Bringer of Light - Voice of Reason - Divayth Fyr's Coadjuster - Sunspire Saint - Blackrose Executioner
    Elearíum - Breton Templar - DC - Extinguisher of Flames - Bringer of Light - Blackrose Executioner - Flawless Conqueror
    Elorim - Altmer Templar - EP - Flawless Conqueror - Sunspire Saint
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tmbrinks

    Have you happened to catalog what reagents are possibly asked for at each tier of the alchemy writs? IE - If cornflower is one of the possibilities for T1/T2, what do they ask for at the other tiers?

    You always seem to have an abundance of info, and wondered if you had this data too.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

    Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)


  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I am a relative n00b and will likely remain so for quite a while.

    You should not have to know intimate details (such as the most likely places for Cornflower) to play the game, especially from resources outside the game.

    I am also seeking to level up far too many alts and the related tasks that farming is not my main purpose.

    All I noted is that specifically farming Cornflower is not easily done, except possibly for those with the secret decoder ring knowing how to make it far more likely.

    A few of you need to get off your high horse and realize most people aren't as focused as you are. They just want to have a good game experience, without huge walls. It is annoying enough to have to get so many skyshards, among other things. Adding this stuff can push the game to be quite unfun.

    The game should focus on the good elements, not the other ones. Making Cornflower be in such demand for first level Alchemy dailies was not a good idea. I am working on pushing all my alts to level 3 there as noted here (thanks!), but that will take a while because I am also pushing up combat skills with those same skill points and I only have so much time to play.

    Helpful suggestions are one thing. Saying "just farm it" is not helpful in the least.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    @tmbrinks

    Have you happened to catalog what reagents are possibly asked for at each tier of the alchemy writs? IE - If cornflower is one of the possibilities for T1/T2, what do they ask for at the other tiers?

    You always seem to have an abundance of info, and wondered if you had this data too.

    @Feric51

    http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-alchemist-writs/

    I get the information from here for those.

    Thanks to @BenevolentBowd for tabulating all of it!
    Edited by tmbrinks on July 16, 2019 8:04PM
    Healer - Retired Raiders - - - Raid Leader - Nightfighters
    Elearium - Argonian Warden - EP - Bringer of Light - Welkynar Liberator - Extinguisher of Flames - Voice of Reason - Dro-m’Athra Destroyer - Flawless Conquerer - Former Empress - Divayth Fyr’s Coadjuster - Blackrose Executioner - Master Angler - Grand Master Crafter - AR27 - 36.3k+ Achievement Points
    Elorím - Argonian Warden - DC - Bringer of Light - Voice of Reason - Divayth Fyr's Coadjuster - Sunspire Saint - Blackrose Executioner
    Elearíum - Breton Templar - DC - Extinguisher of Flames - Bringer of Light - Blackrose Executioner - Flawless Conqueror
    Elorim - Altmer Templar - EP - Flawless Conqueror - Sunspire Saint
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    Outside of the writs, what potions are people using to drive this up? The use in writs isn't great until group 6 and above for me. I need just as much Lady's Smock (and Dragonthorn).
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭
    phwaap wrote: »
    Outside of the writs, what potions are people using to drive this up? The use in writs isn't great until group 6 and above for me. I need just as much Lady's Smock (and Dragonthorn).

    The bottom tier dailies require 3 of them quite commonly.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making Cornflower be in such demand for first level Alchemy dailies was not a good idea. I am working on pushing all my alts to level 3 there as noted here (thanks!), but that will take a while because I am also pushing up combat skills with those same skill points and I only have so much time to play.

    Cornflower was not particularly an issue for low level players starting the game. It's just as abundant as any other flower, and it spawns in surveys. I'm sitting on almost 4k. The recent high prices are a short term anomaly and it will probably go back down after the next patch as there will be less magicka dps in raids.
    phwaap wrote: »
    Outside of the writs, what potions are people using to drive this up? The use in writs isn't great until group 6 and above for me. I need just as much Lady's Smock (and Dragonthorn).

    Primarily essence of spell power (magicka, spell power , spell crit). Demand was high because vCR is very stamina unfriendly.
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Primarily essence of spell power (magicka, spell power , spell crit). Demand was high because vCR is very stamina unfriendly.
    That's what I was curious about. I'm limited by lady's smock for spell power, not corn flower, but it's 1/4 the price.
    Edited by phwaap on July 16, 2019 9:15PM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm not sure why of those two pricing is what it is, since you need both. Corn flower does also see use in detect potions, I didn't think that was enough demand to drive the price though.
  • Thorvik_Tyrson
    Thorvik_Tyrson
    ✭✭✭
    phwaap wrote: »
    Outside of the writs, what potions are people using to drive this up? The use in writs isn't great until group 6 and above for me. I need just as much Lady's Smock (and Dragonthorn).

    I went to the local traders and looked for what Alchemy mats are dirt cheap for me to buy in bulk. I then bough around 400 of those (2 stacks) so that I could make lots of the same potion on all of my characters.

    I'm not at home right now, so I can't login and look up what mats I used.


    doing the crafting writs during the 5 year anniversary gave me a ton of alchemy mats from the 10 characters that I had at the time. I'm now up to 18.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Making Cornflower be in such demand for first level Alchemy dailies was not a good idea. I am working on pushing all my alts to level 3 there as noted here (thanks!), but that will take a while because I am also pushing up combat skills with those same skill points and I only have so much time to play.

    Cornflower was not particularly an issue for low level players starting the game. It's just as abundant as any other flower, and it spawns in surveys. I'm sitting on almost 4k. The recent high prices are a short term anomaly and it will probably go back down after the next patch as there will be less magicka dps in raids.

    I have far less Cornflower than other mats on EU, which I started later. I collect whatever I see. I did see 2 Cornflower sites in a row in Alik'r Desert, but that was so noticeable because it was rare.

    I am not overly worried about it, I was just disagreeing with the "just farm it" as a simple solution when farming any specific plant is non-trivial. Though I do seem to get a lot of Dragonthorn (or whatever it is called).
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭
    I am working on pushing all my alts to level 3 there as noted here (thanks!), but that will take a while because I am also pushing up combat skills with those same skill points and I only have so much time to play.

    Your posts are cram full of rationalizations. Why bother? But will try one more time.

    1. Use poison crafting, not writs or potion crafting, to level your alchemy on alts. Everything is cheaper on traders, easier to farm.
    2. It's annoying that you are willing to go to the effort to level alchemy on several alts, yet are apparently not willing to take the ONE HOUR to set one up as a speed node farmer, and to take ANOTHER ONE HOUR to get out and explore less pressured zones with high node density. Others have told you where to go, and that the ESO world is full of bots sucking up all the nodes is a lie, stop believing it.
    3. If the fact that MMORPG games with differentiated gear and skill lines require farming activities to get mats is not your thing, then perhaps MMORPGs are not your thing either. That fact is not going to change, and unless you can become accustomed to farming in lots of different ways to get what you want from these types of games, play something else.
    4. To repeat for emphasis what others have said and you seem to not be getting, there is no "special place" to get this or that mat. There are areas where the types of nodes, metal v wood, flowers v runestones, etc., are more dense than other types of nodes, and if you do some net searching, you will probably find some tips in that direction.

    Or you can rationalize more.

  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭
    buttaface wrote: »
    I am working on pushing all my alts to level 3 there as noted here (thanks!), but that will take a while because I am also pushing up combat skills with those same skill points and I only have so much time to play.

    Your posts are cram full of rationalizations. Why bother? But will try one more time.

    1. Use poison crafting, not writs or potion crafting, to level your alchemy on alts. Everything is cheaper on traders, easier to farm.
    2. It's annoying that you are willing to go to the effort to level alchemy on several alts, yet are apparently not willing to take the ONE HOUR to set one up as a speed node farmer, and to take ANOTHER ONE HOUR to get out and explore less pressured zones with high node density. Others have told you where to go, and that the ESO world is full of bots sucking up all the nodes is a lie, stop believing it.
    3. If the fact that MMORPG games with differentiated gear and skill lines require farming activities to get mats is not your thing, then perhaps MMORPGs are not your thing either. That fact is not going to change, and unless you can become accustomed to farming in lots of different ways to get what you want from these types of games, play something else.
    4. To repeat for emphasis what others have said and you seem to not be getting, there is no "special place" to get this or that mat. There are areas where the types of nodes, metal v wood, flowers v runestones, etc., are more dense than other types of nodes, and if you do some net searching, you will probably find some tips in that direction.

    Or you can rationalize more.

    What is wrong with you? I just noted that saying "farm Cornflower" is not really good advice. (Nor is buying it on EU it seems since I tried that a few times. I didn't check all traders, but 20-30 had none.)

    I am not saying someone should not farm or that it has no value, I just said that farming a specific type of thing is not as simple as it is proclaimed. I can run around some zones and farm lots of things as I go (if the bots are lower at least), but that does not mean I will find the one thing I want effectively.

    I remember how hard it was to get my first Blessed Thistle a long while back. I could not find it randomly running around. A guild mate gave me the mats for the daily crafting quest, so I got past it, but it was not easy. I am still a bit low on Cornflower now on EU (fine on NA), so I ran a couple of surveys to get a bit and I think I got 3 different ones while question for skyshards/skill points, but not enough to "farm" it.

    I am not sure why some of you feel compelled to slam someone saying "farming specifically Cornflower is not as easy as you say." But perhaps that is your hobby.
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure why some of you feel compelled to slam someone saying "farming specifically Cornflower is not as easy as you say."
    "Farming" specifically is not necessary, except in one case:
    • I just received a writ that requires X amount of Y

    This is totally fine and part of the learning process. You probably don't have Keen Eye and will have to acquire it as you go.

    Everything else is a result of not learning the above lesson and has to do with not making harvesting part of your regular activities;
    • I pvp all day and need tons of pots. Tough, sell stuff and buy it.
    • I'm in end game content that requires these pots. Great, you must be in a really wealthy guild that can afford it.
    • I do harder PVE and need these pots. Better get harvesting or buying.

    All of these can be overcome by crafting or just picking up stuff as you see it.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭
    phwaap wrote: »
    I am not sure why some of you feel compelled to slam someone saying "farming specifically Cornflower is not as easy as you say."
    "Farming" specifically is not necessary, except in one case:
    • I just received a writ that requires X amount of Y

    This is totally fine and part of the learning process. You probably don't have Keen Eye and will have to acquire it as you go.

    Everything else is a result of not learning the above lesson and has to do with not making harvesting part of your regular activities;
    • I pvp all day and need tons of pots. Tough, sell stuff and buy it.
    • I'm in end game content that requires these pots. Great, you must be in a really wealthy guild that can afford it.
    • I do harder PVE and need these pots. Better get harvesting or buying.

    All of these can be overcome by crafting or just picking up stuff as you see it.

    I still never said you can't farm it. I just said it wasn't easy!

    It also seems to not be easy to buy on EU based on some looking I did. I don't want to play Elder Scrolls Online - The Guild Seller Hunting Game though, so perhaps I am missing it because of that. I have just pulled out a few alchemy surveys I have stored up when that need arises. I am fairly low on my stock of that, though I am personally pushing as many crafters out of the need for 3 of it in the daily writs now.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Basically another thread asking for the gameplay of others to be ruined and devalued so the OP can get more personal gain for themselves. Selfish and greedy request.

    I have over 2.1k cornflower. They are stupid easy to farm, just go do it instead of insisting others sacrifice for your personal benefit.
    Edited by Skwor on July 22, 2019 10:58AM
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In IC you can be making 250k stones which is ~400 cornflower an hour bossing.
    If it's absolute rammed then go to no-CP IC and kite the bosses instead for a bit less per hour.
    If they're both busy, farm a district with flags in either IC and make 60k P/H (~100 cornflower).
    If they're all busy (No they aren't) then sit in the middle ring and solo farm Molag Bal and the 3 portals for 12k every 10 minutes which is about 100~ cornflower per hour as well.

    Its pure laziness that drives prices up; that or fear.

    20 Cornflower is a potion on CD permanently for an hour, in a single hour doing the slowest of those methods you can get 5h raids worth of Cornflower (Plus all the other stuff you get)

    Oh and you can also get 35+ Cornflower per hour in Coldharbour.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
Sign In or Register to comment.