Maintenance for the week of December 9:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – December 9,  4:00AM EST (09:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC)

The cost of Cornflower

ShadowKyuubi
ShadowKyuubi
✭✭✭
I am probably going to ridiculed by some people for this, but can we please find a way to lower the cost of cornflower? The prices are becoming ridiculously high for it. I know the story of why it rose in the first place, but please stop raising the price. Zenimax, can you please add more cornflower spawn points to help lower the cost. Or can we all just agree not to raise it anymore.

Cheers,
Shadow
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last time ZOS adjusted alchemy supply was when columbine was super pricy and they added alchemy reagents to Imperial City.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best way to lower the cost of cornflower? Reduce the cost to zero (0) by the myriad ways to find it in-game:

    - Overland Farming
    - Tel Var & PvP Daily satchels
    - Alchemy Writs
    - Dark Brotherhood Shadowy Supplier
    - Trading with other players for items of equal value

    Also, it doesn't hurt to re-examine your build ... and make sure your magicka regen and major sorcery uptime could be improved in other places.

    EDIT: Shadowy Supplier does not specifically have cornflower.
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 11, 2019 1:45AM
    "May you walk on warm sands."
    "First, I would ask that you look to the poor and the suffering around Cyrodiil. Look into their hearts, and then look into your own."
    "May Auri-El's light guide you in your darkest hours."

    North American (NA) PC Megaserver (click to view):
    Vilerihala - Magicka Templar (Altmer ~ Dedicated Healer) ~ Màisalihna - Stamina Dragonknight (Bosmer) ~ Áhliaselia - Stamina Templar (Bosmer) ~ Thraccenia Vendicci - Stamina Sorcerer (Imperial) ~ daa'Vaaliánia - Magicka Warden (Dunmer) ~ Wenayastare - Magicka Dragonknight (Altmer) ~ Aráliavina - Stamina Nightblade (Bosmer) ~ Ysyna Rielle - Magicka Warden (Breton) ~ Dro-r'Aahni Bright-Paws - Magicka Necromancer (Khajiit) ~ Rhusannah - Stamina Nightblade (Redguard) ~ Eirellonye - Magicka Nightblade (Altmer) ~ Lae'Suuriávia - Stamina Warden (Bosmer) ~ Dralora Savani - Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer) ~ Billows-With-Incense - Magicka Warden (Argonian ~ Dedicated Healer) ~ Anísa'Vardaia - Health Dragonknight (Imperial) ~ Azhnakha gra-Shugarz - Stamina Necromancer (Orc) ~ Vilinalara - Magicka Sorcerer (Altmer ~ Grand Master Crafter)
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka specs have been going strong, so that has been raising the prices, since there is higher demand; nowdays no matter what I'm doing, if I spot a cornflower, I stop everything and race like mad to it :smiley: I don't think any active price adjustment will take place, it will adjust with time and with meta, like most things... example: powdered mother of pearl was really expensive but the event which had it dropping in boxes and then artaem broth being nerfed, have lowered its price considerably... best way is to just do your daily crafting writs, farm a little (or a lot, with telvar, etc.) and be frugal with your pots when you are running low--also, sorcery and prophecy buffs can be aquired via skills, so you can save on potions.
    @stargold

    PC/NA CP810

    AD Nefelyn - Altmer Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Master Angler ǀ Hero of all the things (fine, some of the things)
    DC Bastiene - Breton Templar - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Prefect ǀ Blackrose Executioner
    AD Niobeh - Dunmer Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Black Market Mogul ǀ Blackrose Executioner ǀ Master Thief ǀ Silencer (but we don’t talk about that)
    AD Ashayam - Khajiit Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Sydhe Narjes - Redguard Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Blackrose Executioner
    DC Eva Saint Claire - Breton Warden - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    EP Rruns-With-Scissors ­- Argonian Dragoknight - Tank ǀ He’s a good boy, OK Bront?
    EP Moiranni Deyr - Dunmer Dragonknight - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Anur Imagua - Redguard Templar - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    AD Azoke Sen - Imperial Sorcerer - Tank ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Sàverin - Orc Warden - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Blackrose Executioner
    DC Zuwane Okoye - Redguard Dragonknight - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Telella - Orc Nightblade - DD ǀ The more the merrier ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Dro-m'athra Destroyer ǀ
    DC Mal the Ghost Whisperer - Orc Necromancer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror



    PC/EU CP603

    AD Ariadne Nearil - Altmer Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    EP Máyim - Dunmer Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Surjan - Orc Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror

    vSO HM · vAA HM · vHRC HM · vMOL HM · vHOF HM · vAS HM · vCR HM · vSS+2· vDSA · vBRP

    It's not zerging if we are all solo and just happen to go to the same place independently xD
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s oko that I keep running out of. And the price of that is ridiculous.
    Edited by DarcyMardin on June 10, 2019 12:35AM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, be aware that the forums are full of greedy traders who will make excuses for this crap and always have since 2014.

    There is NO good reason for Spell Pots to cost 50% more than they did a couple months ago. You can say "supply and demand blah blah blah" all you want, but I do not believe for a minute that demand has risen that much. Supply is probably being restricted, either by crooked trade guilds or by the devs themselves.

    In any case, it is high time that ZOS did something to increase the SUPPLY. Then all the forum economists won't have anything to complain about when prices drop!

    My friend, who plays a lot of PVP, says that a lot of PVPers are now using spell power pots in there instead of what they were previously using. This would indicate a clear increase in demand.

    I have plenty of supply. Do your daily alchemy writs. Get surveys. I've gotten up to 24 corn flower from 1 survey before. (and with alchemy surveys you can run away and "reset" the survey, I don't do this, as I'm sure you could eventually get even more corn flower from one). I have 1.3k corn flower on me. I don't sell it, I haven't bought it, and I run exclusively magicka characters in trials (healer) and have for years, and I always use "good" potions when doing so.

    Healer - Retired Raiders - - - Raid Leader - Nightfighters
    Elearium - Argonian Templar - EP - Tick-Tock Tormenter - Bringer of Light - Welkynar Liberator - Extinguisher of Flames - Voice of Reason - Dro-m’Athra Destroyer - Flawless Conquerer - Former Empress - Blackrose Executioner - Master Angler - Grand Master Crafter - AR27 - 37.5k+ Achievement Points
    Elorím - Breton Warden - DC - Bringer of Light - Voice of Reason - Divayth Fyr's Coadjuster - Sunspire Saint - Blackrose Executioner
    Elearíum - Breton Templar - DC - Extinguisher of Flames - Bringer of Light - Blackrose Executioner - Flawless Conqueror
    Elorim - Altmer Templar - EP - Flawless Conqueror - Sunspire Saint
    Top Scores
    vAA - 142,087
    vSO - 143,342
    vHRC - 137,616
    vMoL - 154,324
    vHoF - 207,599
    vAS - 112,792
    vCR - 121,602
    vSS - 176,542
    vDSA - 44,719
    vBRP - 63,699
    vMA - 563,660
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

    Alchemy writs are nice and do help, but you can't sustain the levels of spell power potion usage required for vet trials progression from writs alone.

    I do disagree with this on an account wide basis. On a character basis, yes, it is assuredly true. However, if you have alt characters that do writs as well, you can easily sustain your needs.
    Healer - Retired Raiders - - - Raid Leader - Nightfighters
    Elearium - Argonian Templar - EP - Tick-Tock Tormenter - Bringer of Light - Welkynar Liberator - Extinguisher of Flames - Voice of Reason - Dro-m’Athra Destroyer - Flawless Conquerer - Former Empress - Blackrose Executioner - Master Angler - Grand Master Crafter - AR27 - 37.5k+ Achievement Points
    Elorím - Breton Warden - DC - Bringer of Light - Voice of Reason - Divayth Fyr's Coadjuster - Sunspire Saint - Blackrose Executioner
    Elearíum - Breton Templar - DC - Extinguisher of Flames - Bringer of Light - Blackrose Executioner - Flawless Conqueror
    Elorim - Altmer Templar - EP - Flawless Conqueror - Sunspire Saint
    Top Scores
    vAA - 142,087
    vSO - 143,342
    vHRC - 137,616
    vMoL - 154,324
    vHoF - 207,599
    vAS - 112,792
    vCR - 121,602
    vSS - 176,542
    vDSA - 44,719
    vBRP - 63,699
    vMA - 563,660
  • Thorvik_Tyrson
    Thorvik_Tyrson
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    code65536 wrote: »

    Alchemy writs are nice and do help, but you can't sustain the levels of spell power potion usage required for vet trials progression from writs alone.

    I do disagree with this on an account wide basis. On a character basis, yes, it is assuredly true. However, if you have alt characters that do writs as well, you can easily sustain your needs.

    I disagree here about the daily writs sustaining the account. I had 10 characters doing the daily writs (Pre Elsweyr) At one point I was ignoring the Alchemy writ if it needed the 3 cornflower as the cost of one cornflower was more than the turn in gold. I did notice that last week I was up at 19 cornflower, so I started doing the writs that needed the cornflower. Then bad RNG hit and I had a run on the Cornflower writ turn ins. So I was down to 0 cornflower over the weekend. Somedays you run across cornflower in your farming... Some days you don't. I would probably have been better off putting the Cornflower on the market instead of doing the Alchemy writ.

    @Nestor: you must have a much better video card than I do, because I certainly cant always see the cornflower even with Keen Eye turn on with all characters.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    code65536 wrote: »

    Alchemy writs are nice and do help, but you can't sustain the levels of spell power potion usage required for vet trials progression from writs alone.

    I do disagree with this on an account wide basis. On a character basis, yes, it is assuredly true. However, if you have alt characters that do writs as well, you can easily sustain your needs.

    I disagree here about the daily writs sustaining the account. I had 10 characters doing the daily writs (Pre Elsweyr) At one point I was ignoring the Alchemy writ if it needed the 3 cornflower as the cost of one cornflower was more than the turn in gold. I did notice that last week I was up at 19 cornflower, so I started doing the writs that needed the cornflower. Then bad RNG hit and I had a run on the Cornflower writ turn ins. So I was down to 0 cornflower over the weekend. Somedays you run across cornflower in your farming... Some days you don't. I would probably have been better off putting the Cornflower on the market instead of doing the Alchemy writ.

    @Nestor: you must have a much better video card than I do, because I certainly cant always see the cornflower even with Keen Eye turn on with all characters.

    None of the max level alchemy writs use corn flower.
    Healer - Retired Raiders - - - Raid Leader - Nightfighters
    Elearium - Argonian Templar - EP - Tick-Tock Tormenter - Bringer of Light - Welkynar Liberator - Extinguisher of Flames - Voice of Reason - Dro-m’Athra Destroyer - Flawless Conquerer - Former Empress - Blackrose Executioner - Master Angler - Grand Master Crafter - AR27 - 37.5k+ Achievement Points
    Elorím - Breton Warden - DC - Bringer of Light - Voice of Reason - Divayth Fyr's Coadjuster - Sunspire Saint - Blackrose Executioner
    Elearíum - Breton Templar - DC - Extinguisher of Flames - Bringer of Light - Blackrose Executioner - Flawless Conqueror
    Elorim - Altmer Templar - EP - Flawless Conqueror - Sunspire Saint
    Top Scores
    vAA - 142,087
    vSO - 143,342
    vHRC - 137,616
    vMoL - 154,324
    vHoF - 207,599
    vAS - 112,792
    vCR - 121,602
    vSS - 176,542
    vDSA - 44,719
    vBRP - 63,699
    vMA - 563,660
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    code65536 wrote: »

    Alchemy writs are nice and do help, but you can't sustain the levels of spell power potion usage required for vet trials progression from writs alone.

    I do disagree with this on an account wide basis. On a character basis, yes, it is assuredly true. However, if you have alt characters that do writs as well, you can easily sustain your needs.

    Various tiers of alchemy writs offer different reagent rewards. IIRC, there is one particular tier that rewards corn flower.

    Doing alchemy writs on all characters is quick (you can premake stacks of all the items in advance) and they provide alchemy surveys that can produce a lot of reagents, especially if you do them account-wide. "Survey Minions" (characters farming surveys), do not need any any skill points invested.

    As a result of doing so many writs daily, I currently have 874 alchemy surveys to collect.
    BenevolentBowd.ca, my game notes shared with the world.
    PC: NA Server #ProvisioningTheNewMeta
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps you should try the Shadowy Supplier before suggesting it? Regular users of the Shadowy Supplier should know that it will never supply the player with Corn Flower, Lady's Smock, or Water Hyacinth.

    Correct, the Shadowy Supplier (Potion/Poisons Option) does not provide Corn Flower.
    • 5 Alliance Potions – Magicka (13.5%)
    • 5 Alliance Potions – Stamina (20.3%)
    • Toxin Satchel
    • 3 Emetic Russula, 3 Fleshfly Larva, 3 Alkahest, 3 Nightshade (20.3%)
    • 3 Namira’s Rot, 3 Blessed Thistle, 3 Alkahest, 3 Nirnroot (22.5%)
    • 3 Luminous Russula, 3 Imp Stool, 3 Alkahest, 3 Spider Egg (23.4%)

    Source: http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/theorycrafting-shadowy-supplier/



    BenevolentBowd.ca, my game notes shared with the world.
    PC: NA Server #ProvisioningTheNewMeta
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree here about the daily writs sustaining the account. I had 10 characters doing the daily writs (Pre Elsweyr) At one point I was ignoring the Alchemy writ if it needed the 3 cornflower as the cost of one cornflower was more than the turn in gold. I did notice that last week I was up at 19 cornflower, so I started doing the writs that needed the cornflower. Then bad RNG hit and I had a run on the Cornflower writ turn ins. So I was down to 0 cornflower over the weekend. Somedays you run across cornflower in your farming... Some days you don't. I would probably have been better off putting the Cornflower on the market instead of doing the Alchemy writ.

    Fun Fact only Tier 1 and 2 alchemy writs ask for 3 Corn Flower.

    http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-alchemist-writs/

    Yea, for the anniversary event, I went and maxed out alchemy on every character that didn't have it maxed, specifically so that I avoid doing tier-1 writs that consume CF.
    PC/NA ― Officer of Nightfighters ― Former GM of The Merchant's Reserve
    PC/EU ― Member of WipeKings

    Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    • Dragonstar Arena: 45395 (NA)
    • Maelstrom Arena: 600526 (NA)
    • Maw of Lorkhaj: 165227 (EU)
    • Halls of Fabrication: 210507 (EU) (Tick-Tock Tormentor #1, #2, #3, #4)
    • Asylum Sanctorium: 113131 (EU) (Immortal Redeemer)
    • Cloudrest: 127395 (NA)
    • Sunspire: 196874 (EU)

    Dungeon trifectas:

    Add-Ons: Itemization BrowserLoot LogDeconstruction Junk MarkerRaidificatorPurge TrackervHoF Status PanelAsylum Status PanelDungeon TimerCombat AlertsSmart Looter

    Guides: Sunspire MechanicsScalebreaker Dungeon Hard Modes

    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

    Perhaps you should try the Shadowy Supplier before suggesting it? Regular users of the Shadowy Supplier should know that it will never supply the player with Corn Flower, Lady's Smock, or Water Hyacinth.

    Thanks, @code65536, I edited my previous post.

    I'm sure you're aware that Trials progression players are not the only players that have to deal with a scarcity of cornflower.

    As others have said in this thread, crafters and PvP players have the same issue ... and offered their suggestions.
    "May you walk on warm sands."
    "First, I would ask that you look to the poor and the suffering around Cyrodiil. Look into their hearts, and then look into your own."
    "May Auri-El's light guide you in your darkest hours."

    North American (NA) PC Megaserver (click to view):
    Vilerihala - Magicka Templar (Altmer ~ Dedicated Healer) ~ Màisalihna - Stamina Dragonknight (Bosmer) ~ Áhliaselia - Stamina Templar (Bosmer) ~ Thraccenia Vendicci - Stamina Sorcerer (Imperial) ~ daa'Vaaliánia - Magicka Warden (Dunmer) ~ Wenayastare - Magicka Dragonknight (Altmer) ~ Aráliavina - Stamina Nightblade (Bosmer) ~ Ysyna Rielle - Magicka Warden (Breton) ~ Dro-r'Aahni Bright-Paws - Magicka Necromancer (Khajiit) ~ Rhusannah - Stamina Nightblade (Redguard) ~ Eirellonye - Magicka Nightblade (Altmer) ~ Lae'Suuriávia - Stamina Warden (Bosmer) ~ Dralora Savani - Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer) ~ Billows-With-Incense - Magicka Warden (Argonian ~ Dedicated Healer) ~ Anísa'Vardaia - Health Dragonknight (Imperial) ~ Azhnakha gra-Shugarz - Stamina Necromancer (Orc) ~ Vilinalara - Magicka Sorcerer (Altmer ~ Grand Master Crafter)
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, there are plenty of corn flowers out there. I see people people *not* picking them up all the time.
    Reminds me of listing some @ 400gold each later today :)
  • BrianLovesLisa
    BrianLovesLisa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, be aware that the forums are full of greedy traders who will make excuses for this crap and always have since 2014.

    There is NO good reason for Spell Pots to cost 50% more than they did a couple months ago. You can say "supply and demand blah blah blah" all you want, but I do not believe for a minute that demand has risen that much. Supply is probably being restricted, either by crooked trade guilds or by the devs themselves.

    In any case, it is high time that ZOS did something to increase the SUPPLY. Then all the forum economists won't have anything to complain about when prices drop!

    I can't log on the game and walk threw a town to do dailies, with out running into it multiple times >.> clearly they can't make LAZY people who want it farm for it.
  • Thorvik_Tyrson
    Thorvik_Tyrson
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree here about the daily writs sustaining the account. I had 10 characters doing the daily writs (Pre Elsweyr) At one point I was ignoring the Alchemy writ if it needed the 3 cornflower as the cost of one cornflower was more than the turn in gold. I did notice that last week I was up at 19 cornflower, so I started doing the writs that needed the cornflower. Then bad RNG hit and I had a run on the Cornflower writ turn ins. So I was down to 0 cornflower over the weekend. Somedays you run across cornflower in your farming... Some days you don't. I would probably have been better off putting the Cornflower on the market instead of doing the Alchemy writ.

    Fun Fact only Tier 1 and 2 alchemy writs ask for 3 Corn Flower.

    http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-alchemist-writs/

    Thanks for this! Very helpful. Looks like I need to get some skill points for leveling alchemy.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am probably going to ridiculed by some people for this, but can we please find a way to lower the cost of cornflower? The prices are becoming ridiculously high for it. I know the story of why it rose in the first place, but please stop raising the price. Zenimax, can you please add more cornflower spawn points to help lower the cost. Or can we all just agree not to raise it anymore.

    So you are asking for price manipulation which is not a good thing. If ZOS lows the price with maximum cap on selling price, then you will the Markets dry up as people shift away from farming/selling to other activities. Then zone chat is flooded with wts cf at prices above the price caps. Let the market bare what it will.
    OP, be aware that the forums are full of greedy traders who will make excuses for this crap and always have since 2014.

    There is NO good reason for Spell Pots to cost 50% more than they did a couple months ago. You can say "supply and demand blah blah blah" all you want, but I do not believe for a minute that demand has risen that much. Supply is probably being restricted, either by crooked trade guilds or by the devs themselves.

    Just as the forums is full of those that want easy handouts to support their chosen style of play even at the detriment of another's chosen style of play.

    You are ignoring the fact that a new class has been introduced into the game which is slanted more towards Magicka. The restriction comes from less people gathering than is using, simple economics.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

    Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

    PC-NA
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    I've put up spell pots quite a few times on a few different guild traders with no success, even with low prices. No takers, maybe I should try selling corn flower by itself.
    XBOX NA Characters:
    Brittany of Ardagh - Main - Female Breton MagSorc AD
    Bjørn of Cork - Male Nord StamPlar EP
    Raven of Ardagh - Female Bosmer StamBlade DC (Assassin/Thief)
    Brianna of Cavan - Female Imperial StamDK EP
    Caitlín of Clarecastle - Female Breton MagDen DC
    Kara of Firsthold - Female Altmer Pet MagSorc AD
    Ingrid of Eastmarch - Female Breton MagPlar EP
    Liam of Crosswych - Male Nord StamDen DC (Werewolf)
    Aerona of Balmora - Female Dunmer MagBlade AD
    Knos Fearatu - Male Dunmer MagCro DC (Vampire)
    Mercerus Atresius - Male Imperial MagDK AD
    Khaen of Aswala - Male Redguard StamCro EP
    Xbox EU Characters:
    Snake Split-Skin - Male Breton Sorcerer EP
    Erikelf the Ironhand - Male Nord DK DC
    Marlynn Aethdwulf - Female Breton Templar AD
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supply and demand. Good way around this would be to allow players to have gardens in their homes with 3 resources that can be grown at a time.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardaghion wrote: »
    I've put up spell pots quite a few times on a few different guild traders with no success, even with low prices. No takers, maybe I should try selling corn flower by itself.

    Potions sell very well, but only in a few cities unless they are priced low enough for flippers. The cities where they sell well at normal price are, first, the capitals (because of the undaunted hubs). Second, Vivec and Alinor, because a lot of people home their toons there. Third, Rawl, because it is a shopping mecca. If you are trying to sell pots elsewhere, it will be tough.

Sign In or Register to comment.