Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

So Zenimax recognise the lack of an AH is a serious mistsake?

• ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    Plus it adds to the RP factor to where people can advertise what crafting they have a lot of SP in and the motifs they've collected.

Zone-chat spamming and selling is as RP immersion-breaking as you can get. Magical voices that shoot across the world that only PCs have access to and nobody else is aware of? I'm deep in some obscure part of the world, and "WTB IRON ORE" is emblazoned across my screen?

Ouch.

An AH makes a lot more sense lore-wise. A unified, structured group that offers things for buy, sell and trade? We've seen that throughout human history. Magical shouting words echoing in our ears when I'm fifty miles from civilization, not so much.

If you want to argue for zone-chat spamming, leave RP out of it, it works against ya.
    "It's morally wrong to suggest gameplay changes for an MMO."
    ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
  • dpayne83_ESO
    dpayne83_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ShinChuck wrote: »
    An AH makes a lot more sense lore-wise. A unified, structured group that offers things for buy, sell and trade? We've seen that throughout human history. Magical shouting words echoing in our ears when I'm fifty miles from civilization, not so much.

If you want to argue for zone-chat spamming, leave RP out of it, it works against ya.

Having a set of buildings that can grab items from across other buildings instantly because it's in an AH network is just as immersion breaking. They only way you can have your AH and keep immersion is to have one AH per zone that wasn't linked to other AH's. That way characters would still have to travel if they think they can find the best deals.
  • ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    Having a set of buildings that can grab items from across other buildings instantly because it's in an AH network is just as immersion breaking. They only way you can have your AH and keep immersion is to have one AH per zone that wasn't linked to other AH's. That way characters would still have to travel if they think they can find the best deals.

Which they did, in FFXI, for years. Different cities/factions had different AHs. Ditto Rift, WoW, etcetera, etcetera.
    "It's morally wrong to suggest gameplay changes for an MMO."
    ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
  • dpayne83_ESO
    dpayne83_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ShinChuck wrote: »
    Which they did, in FFXI, for years. Different cities/factions had different AHs. Ditto Rift, WoW, etcetera, etcetera.

As far as Rift goes there was really only one capital city per faction for the longest time. WoW had it early on but went to the AH network option. The network was what caused the economy to tank. There are people on my server who go and buy out everything of one item and put them up for 300-1000% above market and if anyone tries to put the same item in for less they buy it out immediately and repost it. I want to avoid this.
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO
    this game doesnt need an auction house. People need to get to their head out of the mindset not every game needs exactly what other games have. No matter how successful they are.

• Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    Hawtsauce wrote: »
    @Jadeviper1974 "Every time I hear someone say that they want a central AH all I hear is; "Hey, this game isn't enough like WoW so it sucks." Yea, that is what we need and economy like WoW has. Geez, get over it."

If thats all you choose to hear when people say they would like an AH thats YOUR problem not mine, sounds like maybe you are a disgruntled ex-WoW fanboy.

MANY successful modern MMOs have AH ... hmmm in fact many more have them than do not. And not all of them are plagued by a 'bad economy' or dominated by gold sellers. GW2 has a wonderful AH

( gold farmers are no issue in that game, maybe because Arenanet has a system in place where you can trade gems/gold back and forth, buy from ingame store or sell on AH )

Ok, I stand corrected only 95% of games with Central AH's have economy's that are ruined by gold sellers controlling the AH, GW2, (which I have never played so I will just have to take your word on it) being the notable exception.

However, this is not GW2 and my point is still valid, unless you believe we need an economy like WoW's?
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.