Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

So Zenimax recognise the lack of an AH is a serious mistsake?

KerinKor
KerinKor
✭✭✭✭✭
They must do, as they're advertising a third-party app. in their Twitter feed to help fill the gap:

"Elder Scrolls Online ‏@TESOnline 15h

Looking to buy, sell, and trade in-game goods and services in #ESO? Then @TesoElite's new marketplace is for you: http://www.tesoelite.com/forums/threads/the-marketplace-how-to.2108/ …"
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please point me out where in that Zenimax says that the lack of an AH is a serious mistake.
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    The team behind ESO is in full support of community created content, i don't see it written anywhere that
    "We here at zenimax just realized that we ruined your experience with product by not including an auction house and making our game's economy just as imbalanced as many other MMO's. We will be putting one in because when the console ports come out any form of auction house wouldn't impact their experience in any way".

Find something like that with a link and then maybe you will be a credible source as far as Zenimax's position on anything.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tesoelite is not ran by ZOS is it?
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sort Answer: NO
    Long Answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zargorius wrote: »
    Please point me out where in that Zenimax says that the lack of an AH is a serious mistake.
    Clearly if they didn't think the lack of a central place where ALL players can buy and sell was a problem they'd not feel the need to promote a third-party solution to that problem.
    mutharex wrote: »
    Long Answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Thanks for the well-reasoned argument against an AH, I do like intelligent, adult debates.
    Edited by KerinKor on April 11, 2014 11:33AM
  • omimace
    omimace
    Soul Shriven
    Keep out auction houses please!! If you gonna bring in anything bring in old school player store/shops.

without the auction house an actual decent economy is starting to form, been missing in games for ages with the exception of eve maybe.
  • dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Clearly if they didn't think the lack of a central place where ALL players can buy and sell was a problem they'd not feel the need to promote a third-party solution to that problem.

Link me where exactly they are promoting this and it being posted in the forums under add ons doesnt count. A press release, something.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've had more player interaction than I have in an MMO since EQ. I have made more friends and met interesting people. I'd say having no auction house is a total failure (sarcasm)

I think thats just zos promoting fan creations and showing there support.
    Edited by Laura on April 11, 2014 11:35AM
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    All they did was give people another option who keep asking the same question. They haven't capitulated or admitted any wrongdoing at all (because really, it isn't as big a deal as some of these posts would have you believe).
    Edited by Shimond on April 11, 2014 11:36AM
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    Thanks for the well-reasoned argument against an AH, I do like intelligent, adult debates.

Thanks for pointing it out, it's hard to tell from the stuff you post :)
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dagnome wrote: »

Link me where exactly they are promoting this and it being posted in the forums under add ons doesnt count. A press release, something.

How about that they used the same location to link to Tamriel Foundry's Combat Addon, then, a week later, closed the UI so it was useless because it was revealing stuff they did not want.
    Not sure the people who write the Tamriel Chronicle are on the same page with the rest of the team.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Phadin
    Phadin
    ✭✭
    No Auction House.... the reason I actually joined a guild for once in my MMO career.... hey... maybe this is a good thing!
  • Judge_Mental_One
    I personally would like them to enable player stalls. Not the buy or rent for a period of time and put stuff in there, but the afk and offline type where you set it up and people can interact with your shop to see whats for sale. when you log on or come back the shop closes up and you go about your regular activities.

If they put an option for you to buy certain things at a certain price also that would be awesome.
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a member of the TesoElite community and they don't offer any third party app. What we do have is a marketplace where you can buy, sell, trade, and look for other items in a forum format. I use it all the time to trade items for deconstruct or sell trait stones!
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Showing support for community created content is not admittance of a design flaw.

It shows they're concerned with supporting community creation, and fostering an active community over apathetic consumers who want to be spoon fed.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't realize this was a debate about the AH... I thought this thread was about "Zenimax realizing their mistake in not having one"...

Of course it isn't a mistake, it is a feature.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoy talk and trading with REAL people, not some some part of impersonal UI (aka AH). ESO does not need an AH.
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not agree. I feel that there has not been enough live time for anything to be considered a mistake. It is different, yes. Has their system been given a chance, no. Should we wait for a few months before we even think about it, probably. Is that likely to happen... obviously not given the name of this thread.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So wanting to keep a healthy game economy and encourage player interaction is a serious mistake?

Don't people realize how AHs ruin an economy? Here, I'll give an example if your blind bias makes it hard to see anything else:

Rosen is, according to some of my Guildmates, extremely rare and worth an incredible amount of Gold (around 50k). Now let's say we had a AH and people started to sell their Rosen. Most people are selling it for 50k, but then someone decides to undercut the majority and sell for 45k to get buyers.

The next thing you know, everyone is selling their Rosen for 40k, 35k, 25k, 10k, until it becomes little more than a common ware, especially as people start unlocking the third rank for Hierling. This ruins the game economy by making rare things common and cheap, and nothing has any value when you can pick it up for a few thousand Gold.

Whereas it stands now, if you want Rosen you either have to deconstruct gold-level gear and HOPE you get one, get a Hierling and HOPE you get one, or look for people who are selling it. It's RARE, it encourages player interaction, and it encourages a healthy economy where things have actual worth.

People crying for an AH are just averse to doing any real work or putting any true effort into the game. They want everything now now now and want it instantly. Try actually DOING something that requires some effort and be proud of the end product when that work pays off.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Veakoth
    Veakoth
    ✭✭✭
    AH would kill this game, but on the other hand there's aspects that are killing this game an AH would fix. You need a viable alternative
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw them promoting the trading site as a way of letting players know they could use an outside source if a larger trading central was what they wanted. Kinda more along the lines of "we still think our current system is the way to go, but realize not everyone agrees, so for those of you that don't, here's an alternative so players have options" deal.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • UnknownXV
    UnknownXV
    ✭✭✭
    No Global auction house is an extremely positive thing for the game. However lack of local trading posts (listing items but not directly purchasing them) is unfortunate. As long as it is kept local this would be great.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i honestly like the game with no AH, only people i have seen complain about the anti AH system are people who are to damned lazy to sell items via zone while exploring.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • katamuro11b16_ESO
    AH is one of those things that seem like the best idea ever yet it doesnt fit all of the games. I like that they didnt include AH, selling and buying now at least has some effort in it.

What I would love to see is the ability for players to create their own shops, or Trading guilds creating shops where people from other guilds could come and buy stuff. They can include something like renting a building if your trading guild has enough money. Same goes for other guild houses, I would love to see actual guild houses appear in game.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They must do, as they're advertising a third-party app. in their Twitter feed to help fill the gap:

"Elder Scrolls Online ‏@TESOnline 15h

Looking to buy, sell, and trade in-game goods and services in #ESO? Then @TesoElite's new marketplace is for you: http://www.tesoelite.com/forums/threads/the-marketplace-how-to.2108/ …"

I hope so and this is encouraging to hear.

This game would be a lot more enjoyable if they added one. So I hope this is evidence that they recognize their error and are just advertising a work-around until they get an official one up and running in the game.

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players and their obsession with making money is the problem, not any lack of a wider auction house function. The developers know exactly what they're doing.

There are plenty of other MMOs out there that have auction houses. Anyone that thinks it's such an important factor in their overall enjoyment of a game I think should consider playing one of those instead.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    i've had more player interaction than I have in an MMO since EQ. I have made more friends and met interesting people. I'd say having no auction house is a total failure (sarcasm)

I think thats just zos promoting fan creations and showing there support.
    This, primarly in two guilds, one has an shop, second is an small RP Khajiit guild where we swap things around. I use the later. And yes I did the same in WOW, most items was done in guild, exception was expensive raw materials, guild has crafters who enjoyed making thing.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm totally not grammar police, but did anybody else find it an amusing irony that "mistake" was misspelled in the title?
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    i honestly like the game with no AH, only people i have seen complain about the anti AH system are people who are to damned lazy to sell items via zone while exploring.

I am getting tired of this argument that people who want a public auction house are lazy.

Just because we don't enjoy spamming zone chat with advertisements doesn't make us lazy.
    Edited by Jeremy on April 11, 2014 1:04PM
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    Join a guild.
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact