Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pirate Skeleton NEEDS adjustment

Haashhtaag
Haashhtaag
✭✭✭✭✭
Set is too powerful and the minor defile isn’t enough anymore with the amount healing currently in the game.

I’d suggest making it major defile. Or reduce the amount of protection from the set.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    Set is too powerful and the minor defile isn’t enough anymore with the amount healing currently in the game.

I’d suggest making it major defile. Or reduce the amount of protection from the set.

Hmm. Four out of six classes have some level of direct damage mitigation built in Templars have major/minor, NB's have 15% from skill, major/minor. Necros have 10% plus major/minor, and aoe minor maim. Wardens have major/minor.

So why is a proc chance major protection plus a healing debuff on a set a big deal?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^

No one can control a process chance. It’s less effective as a result.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOPE.

If anything, this set needs buffs, not nerfs. It's way past time that they reverted the dumb nerf to mag sorcs that keep us from enjoying this set. They need to make it so it procs on ANY damage again, not just damage to health!

Edited by Emma_Overload on May 30, 2019 10:10PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • cheemers
    cheemers
    ✭✭✭✭
    NOPE.

If anything, this set needs buffs, not nerfs. It's way past time that they reverted the dumb nerf to mag sorcs that keep us from enjoying this set. They need to make it so it procs on ANY damage again, not just damage to health!

Shields let you bypass the negative while exponentially gaining from the positive, and will completely abuse this set just like they used to. Your blatant sorc bias is once again shining through.
    Edited by cheemers on May 31, 2019 12:06AM
    Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCDQ7FrJ0AjMt2auffLEf_Pw

PS4 EU - 18 characters, all DC
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    cheemers wrote: »
    NOPE.

Shields let you bypass the negative while exponentially gaining from the positive, and will completely abuse this set just like they used to. Your blatant sorc bias is once again shining through.

I don’t know about that, couple more buffs and we’ll be playing Elder Sorcs Online. I mean, at least the balance complaints would stop: magdps? Sorc is the only class!

I think they’re at least 2/3 of ranged dps I see in pvp. Let’s go all the way!
    Edited by Iskiab on May 31, 2019 12:23AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    NOPE.

I don’t know about that, couple more buffs and we’ll be playing Elder Sorcs Online. I mean, at least the balance complaints would stop: magdps? Sorc is the only class!

Console already there... been there for awhile honestly. 2-3 people have a tough time killing a sorc that kinda knows what he’s doing... It gets even worse in cp....
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    NOPE.

Console already there... been there for awhile honestly. 2-3 people have a tough time killing a sorc that kinda knows what he’s doing... It gets even worse in cp....

Wait until the new patch and RAT. Idk how but ZoS managed to buff them.

BGs I did yesterday was half sorcs, 1/3 MagWardens with the rest being other classes. Maybe it was an off day but... sorcs seem stronger at 50 then pre-patch.

Tried to actually pvp on my stamcro at 50. 33k resists buffed, 31k health, and I was getting dropped in seconds while being kited.

Apparently now forward momentum isn’t enough because it doesn’t have expedition.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 31, 2019 12:31PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pirate skeleton is easily one of the most broken sets in the game. 810 cp points makes the 15% defile more or less irrelevant on the classes that are most problematic with this set on. Needs an uptime nerf or a rework.

In practice, the downtime on this set in a real pvp encounter (even a 1v1) is generally no more than 3-5 seconds between procs. The counter play to the set would be to burst them during this window, but it is far too short currently to utilize this counter play efficiently. The set should have something like a 20 second cooldown with its 12 second duration, as this would create a feasible window to burst the user without making the set useless (still a potential 50%+uptime on one of the strongest buffs in the game). People that argue the set is fine the way it is, where is my major berserk 2pc set with this sort of uptime? If that existed, people would rage. It is very clear that the majority of eso's playerbase is heavily in favor of more healing and mitigation options than damage ones.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOPE.

Wait until the new patch and RAT. Idk how but ZoS managed to buff them.

BGs I did yesterday was half sorcs, 1/3 MagWardens with the rest being other classes. Maybe it was an off day but... sorcs seem stronger at 50 then pre-patch.

Tried to actually pvp on my stamcro at 50. 33k resists buffed, 31k health, and I was getting dropped in seconds while being kited.

Apparently now forward momentum isn’t enough because it doesn’t have expedition.

No idea- probably something buggy. Or just typical magsorc bs.
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought the thread will be about the skeleton transformation issue in huge fights in PvP, turns out I was so wrong.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NOPE.

Well technically they are the only pure magicka ranged class in the game so its kinda obvious that most ranged builds are sorcs
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Pirate skeleton is easily one of the most broken sets in the game. 810 cp points makes the 15% defile more or less irrelevant on the classes that are most problematic with this set on. Needs an uptime nerf or a rework.

In practice, the downtime on this set in a real pvp encounter (even a 1v1) is generally no more than 3-5 seconds between procs. The counter play to the set would be to burst them during this window, but it is far too short currently to utilize this counter play efficiently. The set should have something like a 20 second cooldown with its 12 second duration, as this would create a feasible window to burst the user without making the set useless (still a potential 50%+uptime on one of the strongest buffs in the game). People that argue the set is fine the way it is, where is my major berserk 2pc set with this sort of uptime? If that existed, people would rage. It is very clear that the majority of eso's playerbase is heavily in favor of more healing and mitigation options than damage ones.

Kena.

Your damage is increased and so is your cost. Just like pirate you take less damage but heal for less
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Kena.

Your damage is increased and so is your cost. Just like pirate you take less damage but heal for less

Not even remotely the same. The drawback of kena is much more severe and major protection is better than the dmg u get from kena.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

Kena.

Not even remotely the same. The drawback of kena is much more severe and major protection is better than the dmg u get from kena.

minor defile is still potent. Only issue is that there really isnt another way to go around the cost increase of kena without dropping 5pc sets or jewel enchants but you can go around the debuff on heal crits.

But none of that is PS's fault lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pirate skeleton is so hilariously broken overperforming. I am using it and its so disgusting. Absolutely effortless 80%+ uptime on Major Protection for 2 piece + the boosted monster set exclusive resistance combo as 1 piece - outperforming any other defensive set by a mile on most builds and certainly carrying a lot of magicka setups right now up to the point where those builds simply would not be possible not using PS.

Anyone defending this abomination has decided to go for maximum crutch and is certainly not qualified to talk balance in my personal opinion. A balanced version would have maximum 50% uptime.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the issue is the uptime on major protection. I easily have 60-70% uptime in almost any fight I use it in. The funny thing about the set is that it makes my heals more effective since I don't have to outheal as much incoming damage when the set procs, the minor defile can barely be considered a trade-off.

A small reduction in uptime would be justified, but then again, incoming damage has just been ridiculously overtuned since Murkmire, so losing another defensive options isn't nice either.......
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Kena.

minor defile is still potent. Only issue is that there really isnt another way to go around the cost increase of kena without dropping 5pc sets or jewel enchants but you can go around the debuff on heal crits.

The two sets are not even remotely comparable and its not just because one of them is outdated. Defile potency can be alleviated through bumping ur healing a bit which isnt really hard and its effect is also dramatically diminished by major protection itself since you take less dmg and you need less healing.

Kena is actually the exact opposite. Cost increase cannot really be alleviated in any easy way without gimping ur build and the cost increase is also dramatically diminishing the effect u get from kena since if you cant really cast any abilities then u dont really benefit from dmg increase. The two effects (dmg increase vs major protection) are not even remotely comparable either. Protection is by far better. The design of the sets and what they actually promote is also vastly different. One of them promotes micromanagement risk reward skill based gameplay while the other promotes a slap on and forget dumbed down gameplay which actually shows the difference between PVP back in the day and now.

The two sets are night and day difference and its not really because kena is useless but because PS is hilariously stronger and easier to use highlighting what PVP has become.
    Edited by pieratsos on June 1, 2019 10:33AM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why now though? This set has been this exact same way for as long as I can remember - aside from no longer being able to purge the defile (which was likely a bug).

How is it carrying magicka players though? Wasn't it nerfed already in regards to how powerful it was with shields?

Calls for nerfs seem to ruin everything in this game (and a lot of it benefits stamina). Wizard's Riposte remembers for one.

Maybe it should just model Vykosa:
    applying Major Maim to them for 3 seconds, lowering their damage done by 30%. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

Is that the kind of uptime you want? Because that's what we will probably get when you ask for nerfs.
    Edited by brandonv516 on June 1, 2019 2:01PM
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOPE.

lol no. shields already let you ignore defiles, status effects, and keep your health above execute thresholds when it wouldn't be otherwise. shields are still way too good.
    Edited by ecru on June 1, 2019 2:48PM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • MassiveFumes
    MassiveFumes
    ✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    NOPE.

lol no. shields already let you ignore defiles, status effects, and keep your health above execute thresholds when it wouldn't be otherwise. shields are still way too good.

:triumph: must b another stam only player
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 70% uptime on not being able to bar swap

The set is so bugged it barely worth using unless there are only 5 people online.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kena.

The two sets are not even remotely comparable and its not just because one of them is outdated. Defile potency can be alleviated through bumping ur healing a bit which isnt really hard and its effect is also dramatically diminished by major protection itself since you take less dmg and you need less healing.

Kena is actually the exact opposite. Cost increase cannot really be alleviated in any easy way without gimping ur build and the cost increase is also dramatically diminishing the effect u get from kena since if you cant really cast any abilities then u dont really benefit from dmg increase. The two effects (dmg increase vs major protection) are not even remotely comparable either. Protection is by far better. The design of the sets and what they actually promote is also vastly different. One of them promotes micromanagement risk reward skill based gameplay while the other promotes a slap on and forget dumbed down gameplay which actually shows the difference between PVP back in the day and now.

The two sets are night and day difference and its not really because kena is useless but because PS is hilariously stronger and easier to use highlighting what PVP has become.

Lol well I die allot in pirate so idk who you all are fighting but it's not pirate.

Protection is going to be only 2% mitigation after incap+vulnerability.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kena.

Lol well I die allot in pirate so idk who you all are fighting but it's not pirate.

How is incap/soul harvest effecting that? The 20% modifier?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kena.

How is incap/soul harvest effecting that? The 20% modifier?

It's considered a Vulnerability. So it's subtracting 20% from 30%. So basically it's turning this monster set into buffer of the Swift tooltip lol
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn’t beat this one guy even though I was sniping him with my purple Bow of Hundings Rage.

He must have been using that Pirate Skeleton set.

Nerf pls.

Thx.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any bleed/dot build will be your hard counter , especially if they have major defile
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where did my comment go?
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh this is a second thread. Why have two open?
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Kena.

Not sure how to even respond to that. Following ur logic then everything is balanced, broken and useless at the same time.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Oh this is a second thread. Why have two open?

Two is one. One is none.

‘Rah.