Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Bahlokdaan PC EU

Checkmath
Checkmath
✭✭✭✭✭
Reopening the old Sotha Sil PC EU thread in here. Please feel free to talk about anything concerning the new 30 days no CP campaign in a friendly and respectful manner.
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    How did EP like it yesterday when DC had Volendrung + Emp at the same time? With faction lock people can't relog any more.. I actually like it..not because I care about the score or about spies..but because winning team joiners got rekt. Oh and that low score bonus for AD and DC was pretty nice as well. So far I really like the new campaign..but obviously people are still leveling their necros.. the situation might change soon.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did EP like it yesterday when DC had Volendrung + Emp at the same time?

That’s pure bull no matter which faction has both. It shouldn’t be possible in the first place.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    How did EP like it yesterday when DC had Volendrung + Emp at the same time?

That’s pure bull no matter which faction has both. It shouldn’t be possible in the first place.

Well the big problem here is, that Volendrung allows very fast keep capturing, therefore taking all emp keeps can happen very fast if there is no one to defend. The counter to it is that Volendrung is visible on the map, so being prepared to defend keeps seems more important than ever.
    So in that sense having the artifact gives a huge opportunity to also get emperor. Maybe an automatic drop and disappearance of Volendrung when your alliance crowns an emperor would make sense to consider.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The campaign name changed. The night capping apparently didn’t.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait... So what is happening is ppl pick up Volendrung and THEN they get EMP as well ? (bypassing the restruction that if you are an EMP you can not pick Volendrung).

So they get Volendrung 1st and then EMP ?
    Is that what is happening ?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait... So what is happening is ppl pick up Volendrung and THEN they get EMP as well ? (bypassing the restruction that if you are an EMP you can not pick Volendrung).

So they get Volendrung 1st and then EMP ?
    Is that what is happening ?

Yes?
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of counterintuitive, when the intent of the weapon is to counter an enemy emp, when the weapon allows fast dethrones and crowing own emps....so the result is having volendrung and emp on one side.
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dehapurrushhsh
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dehapurrushhsh

erm....whut the heck?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    Kind of counterintuitive, when the intent of the weapon is to counter an enemy emp, when the weapon allows fast dethrones and crowing own emps....so the result is having volendrung and emp on one side.

Who would have thought the feature has been throughly designed without loopholes and tested accordingly ... :lol:

• Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who would have thought the feature has been throughly designed without loopholes and tested accordingly ... :lol:

You want to say, that the internal testings of ZOS is insufficient? :P
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You want to say, that the internal testings of ZOS is insufficient? :P

Of course not. Everyone knows ZOS Q&A works hard. It’s just they sometimes miss the very obvious, which is totally astonishing. ;)
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shows how short-sighted the PvP life support team is. If they had one competent designer there, someone would've asked: So what happens once the emp is countered?

Merlight wrote: »
    ... anyone on the Emp's faction must be unable to wield it, lest it becomes the opposite of Emp counter.

January 16. And I'm no game designer.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally I wouldn't care much for the artifact had it not have the power to break down walls and gates in less than 4 seconds. You have zero time to react. Even with every single keep scouted, by the time you get yourself to a shrine, the keep is UA. Even if you manage to port, you usually port onto a full zerg already on flags.

TL:DR ZOS, plz fix naoooo!
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't care much for the artifact had it not have the power to break down walls and gates in less than 4 seconds. You have zero time to react. Even with every single keep scouted, by the time you get yourself to a shrine, the keep is UA. Even if you manage to port, you usually port onto a full zerg already on flags.

dont you see the artifact on the map?

still a few days till i will be joining the pvp fun. Still grinding my necro while i wait for ZOS to fix campaign selection so i dont have to pay 150k ap to set my home
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »

So this is a buff if your faction doesn't scout keeps? DAMN green alliance! First the low-pop exploit, now this! Though one might suggest looking at the map to see where the hammer is moving to.

That being said, it is REALLY time for a campaign score system that is weighted by the number of players online.
    Volendrung is not a problem during the primetime, PvDooring with 30 people during off-times (which it supports) is.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    But... butt...i liked old sotha thread :'(
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaxaxo wrote: »
    But... butt...i liked old sotha thread :'(

Time to move on ;)
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So who already met some broken necro specs on Bahlookdan? Goliaths spamming bash in ball groups or maybe some flesh atronarchs?
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So who already met some broken necro specs on Bahlookdan? Goliaths spamming bash in ball groups or maybe some flesh atronarchs?

Nope. Seems necro is made for CP. Give it a few more days. Someone will come up with utterly broken stam build while mag chars will be waiting another 2 years.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Except ults both, magicka and stamina are bad
    Forum War - pro AC side

DC - Frostitute magden
    Youtube
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bad like terrible for solo, small group or for what? As much as I heard both bone tyrant and collosus ultimate can be very strong within the right group or with the right build.
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭

Bad like terrible for solo, small group or for what? As much as I heard both bone tyrant and collosus ultimate can be very strong within the right group or with the right build.

Yep, like i said except ults. Collosus is amazing for burst bombs. The dmg is like wtf. And bashing bone tyrant is just broken imo.
    But except this... Blastbones not connecting. Skeletal/archer behaving weirdly when u move during fight, wasting lot of time. About heals, stamina one are bad, magicka is weird, u can LOS your own mender.
    No idea how fully dedicated necro healer works tho, maybe it's good.

Talking from solo/smallscale perspective.
    Forum War - pro AC side

DC - Frostitute magden
    Youtube
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, like i said except ults. Collosus is amazing for burst bombs. The dmg is like wtf. And bashing bone tyrant is just broken imo.
    But except this... Blastbones not connecting. Skeletal/archer behaving weirdly when u move during fight, wasting lot of time. About heals, stamina one are bad, magicka is weird, u can LOS your own mender.
    No idea how fully dedicated necro healer works tho, maybe it's good.

Talking from solo/smallscale perspective.

Ah sry, I misunderstood. Yeah the class is plagued by bad mechanics so far as you already listed some of them.
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeee, whole concept is amazing, but overall gameplay is just meh. Friend got more dmg just by slotting frost wall backbar instead of those ground dots necro has. Beam mechanic from corpses is interesting, but hard to use in fights, pets are dumb. Overall meh. Friends was so hyped and now they dont even play :v
    Forum War - pro AC side

DC - Frostitute magden
    Youtube
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeee, whole concept is amazing, but overall gameplay is just meh. Friend got more dmg just by slotting frost wall backbar instead of those ground dots necro has. Beam mechanic from corpses is interesting, but hard to use in fights, pets are dumb. Overall meh. Friends was so hyped and now they dont even play :v

Yeah ground dots are busted, since the location is tied to corpses and not where you want to place it. For the same reason that skill is not really used in PvE, since the aoe misses boss enemies due to the hitbox, therefore the aoes do not spawn below the enemy (since blastbones explode beneath the enemy boss and not under it).

I also guess we are back to the old state of Sotha Sil campaign a bit. Prime time sure is much more interesting, much more changes of the map, but again night- and morning capping is king and some alliances even coordinate that now (I heard there was one specific lfg group leader for the morning capping and one for nightcapping.

• Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    Unless that is an oceanic person, leading oceanic players or something simmilar, I am very pissed already ^^
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • Lattengrabscher
    Lattengrabscher
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDJdaGNdUrI&t=
    some magsorc stuff from sotha,
    enjoy
    Proud Member of Triggered Tryhards
    DC - Totally not Latte
    DC - Der Böse Hase
    EP - ViperSeducer Metaslave
    EP - Blaubeere
    DC - Der kleine Hase
    AD - Salt Assault

Youtube channel : https://youtube.com/channel/UCSZHzf3v1V9m6-xpn_7a_bw
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    enjoy

Wow I almost get triggered by two magsorcs with 25k health in no cp.....
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    enjoy

Wow I almost get triggered by two magsorcs with 25k health in no cp.....

With emp and warden buff he's ~28k :trollface:
    Forum War - pro AC side

DC - Frostitute magden
    Youtube