The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Werewolf doing a LOT of damage in BGs

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the issue isn’t werewolves, it’s a coordinated premade that just happen to all be werewolves.

Coordinate your own premade. And yeah, I know, easier said than done, but ZoS doesn’t care.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Sounds like the issue isn’t werewolves, it’s a coordinated premade that just happen to all be werewolves.

Coordinate your own premade. And yeah, I know, easier said than done, but ZoS doesn’t care.

This.

Or be the lynch pin that brings randoms together. Such as a healer or tank.

Or just be a pet build and odds are you'll be paired with someone similar.

I personally just rush past the line of pets, getting between them and the sorc. But I'm console and there are no pet commands
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mhm. A lot of people discussing about the wrong thing here. All I said was that it was dealing too much damage. And then later you get people slinging "L2P" issues and what not. Kinda derivative at this point really.

My main concern was that the bleeds dealt too much damage and is applied too easily in this current patch. Now, thankfully this coming Elsweyr, this is getting addressed. Solo or not, coordinated or whatever, with pets or nothing, when built for cheese, the light attacks dealt too much because of the constantly re-applied bleeds. You literally only had to spam left click to perform well.

Next patch that won't be an issue anymore, because ZOS agrees that it dealt too much upfront damage, and is getting balanced next patch.

See patch notes below:
      Werewolf Bleed: Adjusted this ability and its morphs to follow our standardized Damage over Time ruleset.
    • Total duration decreased to 4 seconds from 8 seconds.
    • Added a 1 second delay between the initial hit and the first tick.
    • Decreased the damage per tick by approximately 15% for the base and Pack Leader morph.
    • Increased the damage per tick by approximately 24% for the Berserker morph.
    • These abilities can no longer refresh once they are applied to a target.
    Developer Comment:
    Previously, a big portion of Werewolf's burst damage came from the fact that their bleed applied from their Light Attacks dealt damage immediately, and could be spammed in quick succession. This made up for the fact that immediately Light Attacking would refresh the bleed. Now with the delay, we wanted to ensure you couldn't miss the damage, so we’re making sure these bleeds couldn't refresh if they were already active. In addition to this, we've noticed a large disparity of the performance between the Pack Leader and Berserker morph, and are currently in the midst of investigating a healthier balance between the two, other than merely adding more damage to one.
    Edited by HowlKimchi on May 17, 2019 3:14AM
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    Mhm. A lot of people discussing about the wrong thing here. All I said was that it was dealing too much damage. And then later you get people slinging "L2P" issues and what not. Kinda derivative at this point really.

My main concern was that the bleeds dealt too much damage and is applied too easily in this current patch. Now, thankfully this coming Elsweyr, this is getting addressed. Solo or not, coordinated or whatever, with pets or nothing, when built for cheese, the light attacks dealt too much because of the constantly re-applied bleeds. You literally only had to spam left click to perform well.

Next patch that won't be an issue anymore, because ZOS agrees that it dealt too much upfront damage, and is getting balanced next patch.

See patch notes below:
      Werewolf Bleed: Adjusted this ability and its morphs to follow our standardized Damage over Time ruleset.
    • Total duration decreased to 4 seconds from 8 seconds.
    • Added a 1 second delay between the initial hit and the first tick.
    • Decreased the damage per tick by approximately 15% for the base and Pack Leader morph.
    • Increased the damage per tick by approximately 24% for the Berserker morph.
    • These abilities can no longer refresh once they are applied to a target.
    Developer Comment:
    Previously, a big portion of Werewolf's burst damage came from the fact that their bleed applied from their Light Attacks dealt damage immediately, and could be spammed in quick succession. This made up for the fact that immediately Light Attacking would refresh the bleed. Now with the delay, we wanted to ensure you couldn't miss the damage, so we’re making sure these bleeds couldn't refresh if they were already active. In addition to this, we've noticed a large disparity of the performance between the Pack Leader and Berserker morph, and are currently in the midst of investigating a healthier balance between the two, other than merely adding more damage to one.

to be honest. its still the pets tho :D
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a combination really. Werewolf mobility + bleeds + pets + premade coordination is simply a very lethal combination. A single well build werewolf is quite potent in battlegrounds (I mean, I doubt anyone will argue they are weak in pvp).
    With the bleed nerf week lone werewolves will be a little weaker (but still a good choice I suspect) while the premades are not really affected I think.

Things would be much improved in the combat team got their act together and did something about the pet targeting in PvP.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »

It's a combination really. Werewolf mobility + bleeds + pets + premade coordination is simply a very lethal combination. A single well build werewolf is quite potent in battlegrounds (I mean, I doubt anyone will argue they are weak in pvp).
    With the bleed nerf week lone werewolves will be a little weaker (but still a good choice I suspect) while the premades are not really affected I think.

Things would be much improved in the combat team got their act together and did something about the pet targeting in PvP.

up untill now i never had problems in killing ww without my team no matter if under 50 or over 50 bg. what i can definately confirm tho are the nuisence of pets.... many attempts of killing a wolf fail becouse of their pets getting in my way. there is a reason ppl prefer packleader.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of all the premade compositions to worry about, i think four werewolves is probably the worst one there is.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Of all the premade compositions to worry about, i think four werewolves is probably the worst one there is.

qft
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted revive this thread and update you guys on how much I enjoy my werewolf in Elsweyr. Thanks for the buff in PvP ZOS.
    RTVMoWS.png
    sKuy8fC.png
    uLp96UW.png
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Just wanted revive this thread and update you guys on how much I enjoy my werewolf in Elsweyr. Thanks for the buff in PvP ZOS.
    RTVMoWS.png
    sKuy8fC.png
    uLp96UW.png

ikr lol, im lvling up a necro werewolf atm, 10% more dot dmg LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    at a place nobody knows
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is possible that perhaps you simply are fighting exceptionally well constructed and skilled werewolfs.

Just a thought.
    Edited by Cathexis on June 11, 2019 7:12PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    It is possible that perhaps you simply are fighting exceptionally well constructed and skilled werewolfs.

Just a thought.

Those are all gone...
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a thought.

No. My character is the Vestige. I defeated Molag Motherfooking Balls.

Werewolves must be cheating.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just a thought.
    Light atack, light attack, light attack, light attack, light attack, light attack, light attack, light attack. That what you're talking about? :D
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

Just a thought.
    Light atack, light attack, light attack, light attack, light attack, light attack, light attack, light attack. That what you're talking about? :D

More like :

LA + Claws / LA + Fear / HA + Howl / HA + Howl / LA + Heal / LA + Claws + Dodge / HA + Howl / HA + Heal / LA + Fear / LA + Howl + Bash / LA + Claws / LA + Howl + Bash / LA + Howl + Bash

:)
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »

Just a thought.

More like :

LA + Claws / LA + Fear / HA + Howl / HA + Howl / LA + Heal / LA + Claws + Dodge / HA + Howl / HA + Heal / LA + Fear / LA + Howl + Bash / LA + Claws / LA + Howl + Bash / LA + Howl + Bash

Pretty close, looks like your fear timing is off by .2 seconds though. You may want to tighten that up.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just a thought.

More like :

I was Joking ;) But yea that's what properly played WW's do. However I still remember the clowns who did nothing else than light attack spam with cancerous sets like torugs + infused oblivion enchants, and dealing a *** of damage with it.

I know you love your werewolfs, but even if played well with a rotation it's still an insanely imbalanced playstyle that requires little to no effort in BG's.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

Just a thought.

More like :

Pretty close, looks like your fear timing is off by .2 seconds though. You may want to tighten that up.

An old wolf like you knows the dodge + HA is placed there as a backup CC thanks to Tactician CP ;)
    However I still remember the clowns who did nothing else than light attack spam with cancerous sets like torugs + infused oblivion enchants, and dealing a *** of damage with it.

I was doing that when it was the strongest build, it just isn't anymore. ;)

I know you love your werewolfs, but even if played well with a rotation it's still an insanely imbalanced playstyle that requires little to no effort in BG's.

I encourage you to bring a werewolf build to a high-MMR BG and see for yourself, but in this patch i wouldn't call it "little to no effort" to deserve your spot in the team :)
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

Just a thought.

More like :

An old wolf like you knows the dodge + HA is placed there as a backup CC thanks to Tactician CP ;)
    However I still remember the clowns who did nothing else than light attack spam with cancerous sets like torugs + infused oblivion enchants, and dealing a *** of damage with it.

I was doing that when it was the strongest build, it just isn't anymore. ;)

I encourage you to bring a werewolf build to a high-MMR BG and see for yourself, but in this patch i wouldn't call it "little to no effort" to deserve your spot in the team :)

Thought this thread was about werewolf doing a lot of damage in BGs... where that CP at boi? :p

Like I always say... I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did most BG werewolves switch to berserker from pack leader at the drop of Elsweyr?

Used to almost never see the black wolf in BGs, was the damage hit enough to warrant losing the pets?
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did most BG werewolves switch to berserker from pack leader at the drop of Elsweyr?

Used to almost never see the black wolf in BGs, was the damage hit enough to warrant losing the pets?

Berserker morph has always been the superior morph for PvP
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Not really... the pets make targeting a headache and soak many CC and damage spikes. Alcast’s videos might agree with what you say, but it’s not what people were actually doing in BGs, and the forums are full of complaints about WW with pets.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

noob.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a thought.

More like :

Ya @Koensol if you are getting light attack spammed it's because you are running away and about to die.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree with this statement.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with this statement.

(except maybe during the short oblivion-torug-infused era)
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    I go into bgs on occasion on my pve toon. Ww are my target when I see them being played as it commonly is a kill for me. Yeah they get me sometimes. But in an overall average I'd say I'm 2 to 1 kill ratio on them.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    stpdmonkey wrote: »
    I go into bgs on occasion on my pve toon. Ww are my target when I see them being played as it commonly is a kill for me. Yeah they get me sometimes. But in an overall average I'd say I'm 2 to 1 kill ratio on them.

Yea, I saw this thread with new posts and thought it might be a complaint thread.

Were WWs nerfed? They seem nowhere as effective and on the weaker side now. If WWs are happy then all good, but that was my impression.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf bleed isn’t proc’ing enchants anymore.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf bleed isn’t proc’ing enchants anymore.

You're a bit late :) the last significant Werewolf change was the rework of the bleed mechanic for Elsweyr (but you know that)
    Edited by Aznox on June 17, 2019 4:13PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club