The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Werewolf doing a LOT of damage in BGs

HowlKimchi
HowlKimchi
✭✭✭✭✭
I was just in a BG match where a werewolf got 30 kills just by light attacking and applying his bleeds. Is that supposed to be normal?
previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Par for the course. When they’re not stacking bleeds, they’re stacking Oblivion damage. I met a WW yesterday who was using shieldbreaker, some other form of Oblivion damage (I’m going to guess infused Torugs), and spamming the super broken Draining Shot. When I’m on my PS4, I’ll post screenies of my hilarious death recaps. They’re just multiple lines of “Damage Health” and “Shield Breaker.”

Some players are simply terrible and rely on broken/OP sets/skills to get kills. Just a fact of life in BGs, I’m afraid.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Par for the course. When they’re not stacking bleeds, they’re stacking Oblivion damage. I met a WW yesterday who was using shieldbreaker, some other form of Oblivion damage (I’m going to guess infused Torugs), and spamming the super broken Draining Shot. When I’m on my PS4, I’ll post screenies of my hilarious death recaps. They’re just multiple lines of “Damage Health” and “Shield Breaker.”

Some players are simply terrible and rely on broken/OP sets/skills to get kills. Just a fact of life in BGs, I’m afraid.

Thankfully the match was crazy king and we still won, but I mostly avoided the guy. some of my deaths with him was huge dot ticks even though I was able to disengage.

Yeah don't get me wrong I support various playstyles, but the guy wasn't even weaving, and was doing a ***-TON of damage. Doesn't feel right.
    Edited by HowlKimchi on March 14, 2019 11:41AM

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »

Thankfully the match was crazy king and we still won, but I mostly avoided the guy. some of my deaths with him was huge dot ticks even though I was able to disengage.

Yeah don't get me wrong I support various playstyles, but the guy wasn't even weaving, and was doing a ***-TON of damage. Doesn't feel right.

Yup. Just your typical example of a no-skill griefer relying on broken set combos. I realized a long time ago that there is no balance in this game; only players who try to play fairly despite the imbalances, and those who exploit the imbalances.

As promised:

rsJ5FlB.jpg

B7QzyhE.jpg

Painted over the baddie’s name, lest I be accused of naming and shaming.
  • Flips
    Flips
    ✭✭
    Found two weak points. Costly ultimate and buffs that wear of. Avoid there light attacks, and stun/knock back / immobilize them. Sooner or later they transform back = ultimate points wasted.
    Soon cp1000

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Flips wrote: »
    Found two weak points. Costly ultimate and buffs that wear of. Avoid there light attacks, and stun/knock back / immobilize them. Sooner or later they transform back = ultimate points wasted.

Yea, immobilizations and snares are their weaknesses. Kite them with snares & immobilizations and range them down. They’re king of melee but have no ranged options, easy kills when they run out of resources.

Heavy attack their pets when you want free resources.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 14, 2019 12:23PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Easier said than done, especially when WWs have plenty of fears/stuns themselves, and when they also have a huge self heal to recover after breaking free of CC. They’re vulnerable when focus targeted, but tough 1v1 in noCP (esp. if they’re stacking bleed or oblivion damage sets). And god help you if you’re up against a packleader premade.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Yea, immobilizations and snares are their weaknesses. Kite them with snares & immobilizations and range them down. They’re king of melee but have no ranged options, easy kills when they run out of resources.

And if you’re also on a melee build...?
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup. Just your typical example of a no-skill griefer relying on broken set combos. I realized a long time ago that there is no balance in this game; only players who try to play fairly despite the imbalances, and those who exploit the imbalances.

As promised:

rsJ5FlB.jpg

B7QzyhE.jpg

@Aurielle

If your screenshots are from pre-Wrathstone. Those numbers are the results of a bug that caused werewolf bleeds to proc enchants. Pairing it with double infused torug´s pact and you´ll cause some serious damage. But then again, it´s a bug and was fixed with wrathstone
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

As promised:

rsJ5FlB.jpg

B7QzyhE.jpg

@Aurielle

If your screenshots are from pre-Wrathstone. Those numbers are the results of a bug that caused werewolf bleeds to proc enchants. Pairing it with double infused torug´s pact and you´ll cause some serious damage. But then again, it´s a bug and was fixed with wrathstone

Nope, that’s from yesterday. Wrathstone patch.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As promised:

rsJ5FlB.jpg

B7QzyhE.jpg

@Aurielle

I feel this is an issue with oblivion damage and not with what kind of damage a werewolf can cause. Oblivion damage shouldn´t be a thing in my opinion or it whould be severely limited (having it as enchants shouldn´t be a thing)
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As promised:

rsJ5FlB.jpg

B7QzyhE.jpg

@Aurielle

I feel this is an issue with oblivion damage and not with what kind of damage a werewolf can cause. Oblivion damage shouldn´t be a thing in my opinion or it whould be severely limited (having it as enchants shouldn´t be a thing)

My beef is that werewolves built for bleeds just need to spam light attacks and they will do well. They aren't glass cannons either so it's not a risky playstyle. Even the suggested solutions are essentially to run away and wait for the duration to end, but it isnt going to happen if the werewolf still gets kills on other less informed individuals and devour.
    Edited by HowlKimchi on March 14, 2019 12:51PM

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As promised:

rsJ5FlB.jpg

B7QzyhE.jpg

@Aurielle

My beef is that werewolves built for bleeds just need to spam light attacks and they will do well. They aren't glass cannons either so it's not a risky playstyle. Even the suggested solutions are essentially to run away and wait for the duration to end, but it isnt going to happen if the werewolf still gets kills on other less informed individuals and devour.

ZOS has taken away damage from werewolf each patch since Summerset (both intentionally and un-intentionally) and given them more defensive capacities in return. I would be all for reducing werewolf tankiness/survivability and getting their old damage capacity back in return.

And werewolf need the bleed damage to be viable in both PvP and PvE. Removing the bleed or severely reduce it and werewolf is only a roleplay choice.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As promised:

rsJ5FlB.jpg

B7QzyhE.jpg

@Aurielle

And werewolf need the bleed damage to be viable in both PvP and PvE. Removing the bleed or severely reduce it and werewolf is only a roleplay choice.

Yes, I get that. I never once mentioned that werewolves should lose bleed. As I said, i'm for various distinct playstyles. Wouldn't you agree though that spamming light attacks and doing immense damage while still being tanky is a bit much?
    Edited by HowlKimchi on March 14, 2019 1:22PM

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As promised:

rsJ5FlB.jpg

B7QzyhE.jpg

@Aurielle

Yes, I get that. I never once mentioned that werewolves should lose bleed. As I said, i'm for various distinct playstyles. Wouldn't you agree though that spamming light attacks and doing immense damage while still being tanky is a bit much?

It´s not like a werewolf has that many options on how to deal damage, so what options do I´ve? Sure I can spam piercing howl and run out of stamina but not really my cup of tea. And I don´t think pairing good damage with tankiness is a bit much if the player knows how to make a good werewolf build.

The ONLY thing that is overperforming with werewolf is their self heal. As I wrote in an earlier response, I think ZOS should give werewolf back some damage potential and slighlty nerf Hircine´s Bounty (revert it would be even better in my opinion).
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As promised:

rsJ5FlB.jpg

B7QzyhE.jpg

@Aurielle

It´s not like a werewolf has that many options on how to deal damage, so what options do I´ve? Sure I can spam piercing howl and run out of stamina but not really my cup of tea. And I don´t think pairing good damage with tankiness is a bit much if the player knows how to make a good werewolf build.

The ONLY thing that is overperforming with werewolf is their self heal. As I wrote in an earlier response, I think ZOS should give werewolf back some damage potential and slighlty nerf Hircine´s Bounty (revert it would be even better in my opinion).

We're going around in circles here buddy. You are obviously personally invested in this...

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t see any difference, TBH. Just played against another WW premade, and it was the same old OP BS. Two people left the BG. Not even worth feeding their egos.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As promised:

rsJ5FlB.jpg

B7QzyhE.jpg

lol shieldbreaker and kvatch and WW = the new sloads.
    Edited by IzzyStardust on March 14, 2019 6:49PM
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You
    I was just in a BG match where a werewolf got 30 kills just by light attacking and applying his bleeds. Is that supposed to be normal?

30 kills ? WW wasn't the problem :)
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    You

30 kills ? WW wasn't the problem :)

It was a long game, i got 24... He was at like 30-12 KD. Please don't try to be a smart-ass.

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen a single Werewolf Bleed tick do 2,649 damage, which is just flat out ridiculous. If the argument in favor of WW keeping their current left-click based damage output level is that they don't have many options for dealing damage, then we really need a re-work of the skillset. No class or build should be able to achieve competitive damage primarily through spamming their left mouse button, period.

Oh and Shield Breaker needs to be completely reworked into something else.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When a person transforms into a werewolf they should lose a buch of their passives in order to gain their werewolf ones, this should include weapon, guild and most of their class passives. They should sacrifice much. They also shouldn't be able to stealth, or use abilities other than werewolf ones after they transform. They should be put on a timer after they transform that only continuous bloodlust and assault can sustain their transformation (unless they are in a pack), before they have to rebuild their tranformations.

They should only have 5 abilities

1. a gap closer that does poor damage
    2. their only reliable self heal that's expensive to use, cost magicka, only reactive, and this should scale off of max health so they have to put points somewhere other than max damage in order to survive.
    3. cc that fears nearby targets. This way they have no way to CC fast moving targets.
    4. Primary expensive damage ability that can be reflected and dodged.
    5. A low damage aoe cleave abiliy that can provide secondary effects.
    I guess their ultimate is gaining bleed damage on light attacks.

The activation of their ultimate provides them with these abilities only. They should not get any snare removal or purges, so you can snare spam them, so they can be easily kited (because they do not have any snares of their own). They should not get any shareable healing that way 4 non wolves can stay close and stack healing to out heal their damage.

Werewolves should be vulnerable to fighter's guild abilites, and also poison attacks, and ZOS should also make a Glyph that deals massive damage to daedra and undead, like werewolves. And because they gain so much defense with their hides, they shouldn't have access to buffs like minor protection, major resolve, major ward through any of their wolf abilities.

A man can dream...
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    When a person transforms into a werewolf they should lose a buch of their passives in order to gain their werewolf ones, this should include weapon, guild and most of their class passives. They should sacrifice much. They also shouldn't be able to stealth, or use abilities other than werewolf ones after they transform. They should be put on a timer after they transform that only continuous bloodlust and assault can sustain their transformation (unless they are in a pack), before they have to rebuild their tranformations.

2. their only reliable self heal that's expensive to use, cost magicka, only reactive, and this should scale off of max health so they have to put points somewhere other than max damage in order to survive.
    3. cc that fears nearby targets. This way they have no way to CC fast moving targets.

The activation of their ultimate provides them with these abilities only. They should not get any snare removal or purges, so you can snare spam them, so they can be easily kited (because they do not have any snares of their own). They should not get any shareable healing that way 4 non wolves can stay close and stack healing to out heal their damage.

Werewolves should be vulnerable to fighter's guild abilites, and also poison attacks, and ZOS should also make a Glyph that deals massive damage to daedra and undead, like werewolves. And because they gain so much defense with their hides, they shouldn't have access to buffs like minor protection, major resolve, major ward through any of their wolf abilities.

A man can dream...

Poor, underpowered werewolves! Maybe you should run in a premade pack with eight pets active at all times, using sets that maximize your bleed damage and tankiness, to minimize most of your counters.

Oh, wait. You guys already do that, and to great effect.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolves are quite OP if you straight up brawl with them, which is okey I think. If your build has any abilities that allows you to control their movement, you can kite them and wear them down. That said I have run into some unkillable werewolves that also did respectable damage, as well as some werewolves that were able to melt me after 1 charge + fear + a couple of light attacks. Probably some cheesy build, and not so much related to werewolves themselves.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

A man can dream...

Never asked for a revert. Just saying that i think spamming left click to deal *that* much damage is bad design.

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

And if you’re also on a melee build...?

From what I’ve seen, you’re going to lose. Every class/spec has the option of adding in some ranged abilities so the game’s been balanced with this is mind. Werewolves do not so they’ve been made the kings of melee.

I think it’s sort of a rock - paper - scissors thing.

Werewolf > Melee Stam Classes
    Melee Stam Classes > Ranged Magicka
    Ranged Magicka > Werewolves

I always see werewolves rip through melee stamina classes but I can negate a werewolf as a NB healer using Ice WoE and the PBAoE fear.

I imagine a game of multiple WWs against a melee group would get ugly, but I solo queue BGs and almost always win against this silly pet sorc and WW premade I see.

Edited by Iskiab on March 17, 2019 5:06PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PRAISE. THE. SUN.

Werewolf bleeds are getting gutted next patch.

• Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    PRAISE. THE. SUN.

Nice to hear however will this actually fix the issue with them in BGs? I mean I can post a video of one with 40k health, having three pets out (two wolves and the deadroth monster helm), having insane healing along with their AoE fear and high damage output. Is that actually balanced? Is there a class with actually so much potential in their arsenal?. Remember this is only an ultimate and not an actual class we are speaking about here.
    Edited by Weesacs on April 20, 2019 7:10AM
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Weesacs wrote: »
    PRAISE. THE. SUN.

Nice to hear however will this actually fix the issue with them in BGs? I mean I can post a video of one with 40k health, having three pets out (two wolves and the deadroth monster helm), having insane healing along with their AoE fear and high damage output. Is that actually balanced? Is there a class with actually so much potential in their arsenal?. Remember this is only an ultimate and not an actual class we are speaking about here.

Yup, it’s fair as long as they don’t have a way to remove snares like forward momentum. They’re very easy to kite.

High damage in BGs isn’t all about damage stats as well, a lot of it is survivability and sustain. If someone’s so squishy they can’t stay alive or have to kite at the first scratch they’ll be low damage. Or lack sustain for more then trying to burst one person down and run away, letting the other team get all the killing blows (sorcs are typically the worst for this).

I see a lot of players too glass canon in BGs, I’ll have to adapt and heal more because the glass canon will die in seconds if I don’t heal, so I can’t dps as much as I like. They’ll usually die anyways (glass cannons are unhealable) but soak up smart heals that would be better used on other players. Then at the end of the BG I’ll have just as much damage as them. WWs usually do well because of tankiness, the fear and self healing keeping them alive. If you’re alive and fighting your damage will be high.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 20, 2019 4:31PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • bantad87
    bantad87
    ✭✭✭
    I don't use WW, but...you're kidding, right?

1. It's an ultimate, and costly at that.
    2. They're 25% weaker to poison, which every stamina player rocks.
    3. No ranged options and no dispel (so root and snare all day)
    4. You can dispel the bleed

I just came back to this game recently, and they're a lot stronger than they used to be (in a good place it seems), but by no means are they difficult opponents.

Dawnbreaker of Smiting is still the best stamina ult I've seen, like it has been since day 1.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bantad87 wrote: »
    I don't use WW, but...you're kidding, right?

1. It's an ultimate, and costly at that.
    2. They're 25% weaker to poison, which every stamina player rocks.
    3. No ranged options and no dispel (so root and snare all day)
    4. You can dispel the bleed

I just came back to this game recently, and they're a lot stronger than they used to be (in a good place it seems), but by no means are they difficult opponents.

Dawnbreaker of Smiting is still the best stamina ult I've seen, like it has been since day 1.

1. Irrelevant since werewolves can stay in their werewolf form for as long as they want, so long as they're in combat for most of their transformed time. Between devouring corpses, gaining additional transformation time when dealing damage, and gaining additional transformation time when pouncing if you use that morph, it's easy to stay in werewolf form an entire game, even between deaths.

2. What sources of poison damage are available to all stamina players? Poison glyphs, sure, but they don't hit that hard to begin with, and their damage is halved on one-handed weapons, which is probably the most common weapon type used in PVP by stamina players. Poison Arrow, but that forces you into bow, which doesn't work on all classes, builds and playstyles. Lethal Arrow, but, I mean, snipe spam. Acid Spray, but, again, forces you into bow. Could wear sets like Velidreth or Viper, but that requires you to build into them as proc sets, and I don't consider that being available to all stamina players.

3. Agree on snare removal and immunity, roots and snares are a huge problem for werewolves, but werewolf does have a decent gapcloser that can either deal AOE damage or extend your transformation time, so they do have an option for ranged players. Pounce into fear is a potent combo

4. "Just slot/use Purge!" So many things wrong with this. Firstly, not every class has immediate access to a decent purge tool, Sorc, NB and DK are left with mediocre sets and an extremely expensive alliance skill that can eat your magicka within a few casts. Secondly, good luck purging one or two bleeds (I think werewolf bleeds do stack, not 100% sure) among potentially dozens of other negative effects, when most purge tools only remove at most maybe 5 or 6 effects, with most generally removing 1-3. Thirdly, the werewolf bleeds tick so fast and so hard, and applying them is so braindead easy, that by the time you've purged the ones already on you, your health has already half vanished and another one has been applied on you.