The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Werewolf doing a LOT of damage in BGs

• HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^Thanks for replying. I was planning on replying to @bantad87's very uninformed comment and you covered a lot of points I wanted to make. Number 4 was especially ridiculous.

But of course I don't want werewolves to be useless. I was just pointing out that applying werewolf bleeds was so retardedly easy but was soooo oppressing. ZOS seemed to think similarly since they're nerfing the werewolf dots.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If we're doing high damage, means we've sacrificed defenses. I've ran a Torug's Pact +Infused Oblivion weapon build and it's a squishy build. If you get trained with that build and have no healer you don't survive very long, since you give up a bunch of resistances.

Part of BG's is knowing who you can kill solo, who you can't kill solo, who to avoid when you don't have help, and who will just kite you.
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've encountered quite a lot of WW's in battlegrounds, and I don't really feel they are overpowered. There's a lot of counters.

CC, Immobilize, Stun etc.
    Stay out of range.
    Drain their Magicka so they cant heal.
    Silence, so they can't heal.

The hardest one I met though was one with Swarm Mother, because i would get pulled when attacking from distance. Super easy for a wolf to single out ranged attackers and rip them apart after being pulled. Hopefully no WW's read this because that was a nasty one, he didn't even have to charge in putting himself in danger.
  • Haojin
    Haojin
    ✭✭✭
    to counter ww's:

1-perma cc
    2-kiting; so they can run out from ww form ( if some potatoes feeding ww, there is nothing u can do)
    3-a ww without magicka = dead ww ; drain magicka poisons / negate
    4-ranged attacks (ww's are extremly weak agaist ranged)
    5-fighters guild abilities ( dawnbreaker, silver bolt, trap)
    6-poison damage
    Guildmaster of Phalanx

PC-EU Vivec/Sotha Sil
    Hao Jin [Stamden]
    Haojun [Stamdk]
    Haojin [Stamsorc]
    Hao'jin [Stamplar]
    Food Fetish [Stamblade]

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tunepunk wrote: »
    Hopefully no WW's read this because that was a nasty one, he didn't even have to charge in putting himself in danger.

:trollface:
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Playing as a MagDK on PC NA, I've had no trouble with "op werewolves"

Burning Talons, Engulfing Flames, Flame Lash, Power Lash, dead.

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing as a MagDK on PC NA, I've had no trouble with "op werewolves"

Burning Talons, Engulfing Flames, Flame Lash, Power Lash, dead.

That doesnt´sound like a good ww tbh......
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If we're doing high damage, means we've sacrificed defenses.

-Burst heal with larger tooltip than BoL
    -Passive 10k resistances
    -Passive 30% movespeed

"BuT wE hAvE nO dEfEnSeS"
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »

-Passive 10k resistances
    -Passive 30% movespeed

The heal seems to be the only OP thing about WW IMO. I can fight one for a while, survive their bleeds and slowly take their health down to execute range, then they cast one heal and they’re back at full health. Basically the fight is reset at this point, but I have to start out with several stacks of their bleed already applied.

That being said, I usually play Magicka builds, which I believe means WW is intended to counter me. I don’t have access to Poison damage skills, and Fighters Guild skills scale poorly with my stats. I suppose I could try Dawnbreaker in no CP PVP (since Elemental Expert and Mighty mean nothing), but I don’t have any sources of Physical Penetration so it will most likely be weak (maybe with the Lover Stone?).
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-Passive 10k resistances
    -Passive 30% movespeed

The heal seems to be the only OP thing about WW IMO. I can fight one for a while, survive their bleeds and slowly take their health down to execute range, then they cast one heal and they’re back at full health. Basically the fight is reset at this point, but I have to start out with several stacks of their bleed already applied.

That being said, I usually play Magicka builds, which I believe means WW is intended to counter me. I don’t have access to Poison damage skills, and Fighters Guild skills scale poorly with my stats. I suppose I could try Dawnbreaker in no CP PVP (since Elemental Expert and Mighty mean nothing), but I don’t have any sources of Physical Penetration so it will most likely be weak (maybe with the Lover Stone?).

Get a source of defile, if just disease enchantment
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • bantad87
    bantad87
    ✭✭✭

-Passive 10k resistances
    -Passive 30% movespeed

Defile & Frost staff.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WWs in no CP environments in general are a bit overturned right now IMO. But there's a reason why BGs often features a heavy population of pet sorcs and WWs. ZOS is stumbling over the concept of pets right now given the need to balance PvE and PvP together, and going back to the WW patch and moving froward, they needed work but IMO they did not need any damage buffs.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    WWs in no CP environments in general are a bit overturned right now IMO. But there's a reason why BGs often features a heavy population of pet sorcs and WWs. ZOS is stumbling over the concept of pets right now given the need to balance PvE and PvP together, and going back to the WW patch and moving froward, they needed work but IMO they did not need any damage buffs.

WW actually is not a big deal in noCP i just find them overtuned in CP pvp. even in under 50 bg they are no big deal depending on ur class and skills. never had a match so far dominated by a WW. after i kill em few times most ppl switch out their WW ult.

anyone in EU PC is free to join me in my bg matches.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    I was just in a BG match where a werewolf got 30 kills just by light attacking and applying his bleeds. Is that supposed to be normal?

hmmm im not on my pc but i could swear i have u in my friendlist. ur on EU PC ? was it under 50 bg or 50+ bg ?
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »

WW actually is not a big deal in noCP i just find them overtuned in CP pvp. even in under 50 bg they are no big deal depending on ur class and skills. never had a match so far dominated by a WW. after i kill em few times most ppl switch out their WW ult.

Single WWs aren’t the problem — the premade packleader groups are. Pets everywhere, proc set abuse, the whole shebang. There’s a notorious pack of them on PS4 that are pretty much impossible to beat.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    I was just in a BG match where a werewolf got 30 kills just by light attacking and applying his bleeds. Is that supposed to be normal?

hmmm im not on my pc but i could swear i have u in my friendlist. ur on EU PC ? was it under 50 bg or 50+ bg ?

PC NA
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

Single WWs aren’t the problem — the premade packleader groups are. Pets everywhere, proc set abuse, the whole shebang. There’s a notorious pack of them on PS4 that are pretty much impossible to beat.

the only problem are the pets yes other than that its balanced ... atleast for bg. pets should only be attackable when u tab them. as far as i know they also get reduced aoe dmg.

Pets are at the moment meta. see petsorcs all over the place.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-sorcerer-werewolf-build-pvp/
    this is what the more experienced ppl would use (or smthing in that direction) alltho i would prefer earthgore in a premade team

• Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    bantad87 wrote: »
    I don't use WW, but...you're kidding, right?

1. It's an ultimate, and costly at that.
    2. They're 25% weaker to poison, which every stamina player rocks.
    3. No ranged options and no dispel (so root and snare all day)
    4. You can dispel the bleed

I just came back to this game recently, and they're a lot stronger than they used to be (in a good place it seems), but by no means are they difficult opponents.

Dawnbreaker of Smiting is still the best stamina ult I've seen, like it has been since day 1.

1. Irrelevant since werewolves can stay in their werewolf form for as long as they want, so long as they're in combat for most of their transformed time. Between devouring corpses, gaining additional transformation time when dealing damage, and gaining additional transformation time when pouncing if you use that morph, it's easy to stay in werewolf form an entire game, even between deaths.

2. What sources of poison damage are available to all stamina players? Poison glyphs, sure, but they don't hit that hard to begin with, and their damage is halved on one-handed weapons, which is probably the most common weapon type used in PVP by stamina players. Poison Arrow, but that forces you into bow, which doesn't work on all classes, builds and playstyles. Lethal Arrow, but, I mean, snipe spam. Acid Spray, but, again, forces you into bow. Could wear sets like Velidreth or Viper, but that requires you to build into them as proc sets, and I don't consider that being available to all stamina players.

3. Agree on snare removal and immunity, roots and snares are a huge problem for werewolves, but werewolf does have a decent gapcloser that can either deal AOE damage or extend your transformation time, so they do have an option for ranged players. Pounce into fear is a potent combo

4. "Just slot/use Purge!" So many things wrong with this. Firstly, not every class has immediate access to a decent purge tool, Sorc, NB and DK are left with mediocre sets and an extremely expensive alliance skill that can eat your magicka within a few casts. Secondly, good luck purging one or two bleeds (I think werewolf bleeds do stack, not 100% sure) among potentially dozens of other negative effects, when most purge tools only remove at most maybe 5 or 6 effects, with most generally removing 1-3. Thirdly, the werewolf bleeds tick so fast and so hard, and applying them is so braindead easy, that by the time you've purged the ones already on you, your health has already half vanished and another one has been applied on you.

Next patch the bleed is done, there you're welcome
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the only problem are the pets yes other than that its balanced ... atleast for bg. pets should only be attackable when u tab them. as far as i know they also get reduced aoe dmg.

this is what the more experienced ppl would use (or smthing in that direction) alltho i would prefer earthgore in a premade team

Pets are part of the problem, but they’re not the only problem. Smart packleader premades that care little for skillful PVP and only for winning stack as many bleeds and as much Oblivion damage as they can. There’s a particular WW premade on my server that has taken to using Knight Slayer recently after Torugs was fixed. They literally fear, heavy attack, and howl their way to victory, carried by their sets, their pets, and a few overtuned WW skills/passives. I don’t know what other 5 piece body set they’re running, but I’m guessing it’s something like Alessian Order or Pariah because they have a lot of health and a ton of resistances. Two of them run Maw of the Infernal for more pet cheese, while the other two wear Zaan and TK, iirc. If you manage to stun them and burst them down a little, they howl to 100% health the moment they break free. It’s hard to burst them down with a single CC, as they’re tanky AF and, as I said, have a lot of health. Their pets also interfere with burst attempts frequently. Most people don’t even engage with them at this point and leave the BG when they’re playing. This is the same premade that abused Torugs when it was bugged and overperforming on WW.

Again, lone WWs aren’t the problem; premade WW groups that stack as much cheese as possible are. WW passives can result in some utterly broken set combos when stacked.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pets are part of the problem, but they’re not the only problem. Smart packleader premades that care little for skillful PVP and only for winning stack as many bleeds and as much Oblivion damage as they can. There’s a particular WW premade on my server that has taken to using Knight Slayer recently after Torugs was fixed. They literally fear, heavy attack, and howl their way to victory, carried by their sets, their pets, and a few overtuned WW skills/passives. I don’t know what other 5 piece body set they’re running, but I’m guessing it’s something like Alessian Order or Pariah because they have a lot of health and a ton of resistances. Two of them run Maw of the Infernal for more pet cheese, while the other two wear Zaan and TK, iirc. If you manage to stun them and burst them down a little, they howl to 100% health the moment they break free. It’s hard to burst them down with a single CC, as they’re tanky AF and, as I said, have a lot of health. Their pets also interfere with burst attempts frequently. Most people don’t even engage with them at this point and leave the BG when they’re playing. This is the same premade that abused Torugs when it was bugged and overperforming on WW.

Again, lone WWs aren’t the problem; premade WW groups that stack as much cheese as possible are. WW passives can result in some utterly broken set combos when stacked.

Lycantrope Rage exposed....lmao
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

pretty sure EU PC players would take those ppl down :p . the pets are pain tho. im speaking as EUPC pvp player ... never witnessed such groups or overly successfull ww in high mmr bg. but there was times i havent been so active so i dont know if everyone on my server can confirm this.

my conclusion. pets need to be unfocusable unless u specifically tab target them and also needs slight nerf in tankiness. after that change i dont think ww packleader wolfs will be that popular anymore and that kind of thing alongside petsorc meta will end.
    Edited by Noctus on May 16, 2019 8:01PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WWs are fine, I’d actually put them on the weaker side of specs.

It’s completely a L2P issue if someone’s having difficulty. The person who’s complaining is likely playing a spec that isn’t well rounded, so they’re having difficulties if people play differently.

I think WWs are meant to be stronger against melee. If you’re ranged or magicka and having issues, invest more in mobility and snares, you’re doing it wrong.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 16, 2019 8:51PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

It’s completely a L2P issue if someone’s having difficulty. The person who’s complaining is likely playing a spec that isn’t well rounded, so they’re having difficulties if people play differently.

I think WWs are meant to be stronger against melee. If you’re ranged or magicka and having issues, invest more in mobility and snares, you’re doing it wrong.

Against a single WW? Sure, we can call it a L2P issue. When you have randoms up against good WW premades that have stacked as much cheese as humanly possible, however, the only thing that’s taking them down is another premade. If you disagree with that statement, I’d strongly encourage you to try ranging down the WW premades on PS4 NA.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

pretty sure EU PC players would take those ppl down :p . the pets are pain tho. im speaking as EUPC pvp player ... never witnessed such groups or overly successfull ww in high mmr bg. but there was times i havent been so active so i dont know if everyone on my server can confirm this.

my conclusion. pets need to be unfocusable unless u specifically tab target them and also needs slight nerf in tankiness. after that change i dont think ww packleader wolfs will be that popular anymore and that kind of thing alongside petsorc meta will end.

Werewolf has no place in high MMR games (I'm on PC/EU as well). Every time I bring a ww to a high mmr game I wish I had brought something else. As a werewolf you've no aoe damage, no heal to help your allies with, no useful debuffs that can't be found elsewhere, no snare removal tool and in general no group utility which is mandatory for high mmr games.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Against a single WW? Sure, we can call it a L2P issue. When you have randoms up against good WW premades that have stacked as much cheese as humanly possible, however, the only thing that’s taking them down is another premade. If you disagree with that statement, I’d strongly encourage you to try ranging down the WW premades on PS4 NA.

It would be interesting to see how things differ on the platforms, but I saw one premade of two petsorcs and two WWs a couple times. We beat them both times as a solo queuer.

There’s also an RP guild that plays solely WWs and they PvP sometimes. If WWs were made too weak to be playable, like people want, it would destroy that guild.

I think WWs are fine as is, just don’t spec all single target abilities and pretend you’re in a duel. BGs =/ duels. That’s the only reason I can think of that someone would have difficulties.

Ice elemental blockade by one player against them isn’t a large sacrifice to take an entire team down.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 16, 2019 10:04PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ice wall of elements by one player against them isn’t a large sacrifice to take an entire team down.
    Elaborate?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Ice wall of elements by one player against them isn’t a large sacrifice to take an entire team down.
    Elaborate?

Oh, I just mean snaring and immobilizing them is the way to beat them. As a healer I use a charged Ice staff back bar and use elemental blockade, just thinking that might be a big reason I’m not seeing them as OP.

You could try single target snares or cc, but the pets would be an issue.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 16, 2019 10:09PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Elaborate?

Oh, I just mean snaring and immobilizing them is the way to beat them. As a healer I use a charged Ice staff back bar and use elemental blockade, just thinking that might be a big reason I’m not seeing them as OP.

You could try single target snares or cc, but the pets would be an issue.

Frost blockades can’t take down the WW premade I’m talking about... Not even Permafrost plus frost blockade is effective against them in isolation. They are extremely tanky and the self healing they all put out basically negates any damage you manage to deal against against them when they’re CC’ed. They recover so quickly from stuns and burst attempts, thanks to their self heals. Again, you’d have to be in a premade to deal with them effectively. Permafrost and coordinated Dawnbreakers would take them out, but you’re not always going to have those options available in a random group.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Werewolf has no place in high MMR games (I'm on PC/EU as well). Every time I bring a ww to a high mmr game I wish I had brought something else. As a werewolf you've no aoe damage, no heal to help your allies with, no useful debuffs that can't be found elsewhere, no snare removal tool and in general no group utility which is mandatory for high mmr games.

There’s that term again... a werewolf. WWs in isolation usually aren’t dangerous, and lone wolves who join your team are often about as effective in high MMR matches as NBs (which is to say, not very). It’s the premade WW teams that have been specifically built to synergize with each other, stack health/resistances, stack bleeds/Oblivion damage, and overwhelm the playing field with a ton of pets that are a problem. One could argue that ANY strong build can feel impossible to deal with if stacked up in a premade, but full WW teams are really able to take that to an extreme.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When fighting against a group of werewolves here are some things to remember.

1. They are great at recovering from burst damage. If a wolf has High health and high damage, they wont have good recovery. And thus wont stand well to focused sustained pressure. Call out your target in chat and work it until it is dead.

2. A group of werewolves are alone. Harder concept to understand that stems from the first. Despite their numbers and coordination a wolf is extremely limited in the ways it can aid other wolves (or any ally). They can CC enemies, and provide meat shields via Line of sight. There is no resto ult, no trees, no shared vigors, no breath of life. Take a look at their healing done to allies at the end of match. Don't fight the pack, fight one wolf together and beat it.

3. Team deathmatch. If your team doesn't think you have a chance to beat them in a straight up brawl, wait them out, this takes time and coordination with the other non wolf team but might win you the game. A pack of 4 wolves still has their own timers and it last for about 2:30 without anything to eat. After waiting them out they will be ripe pickings until they can get their ults back up.

Even if you don't wait them out till they de-transform take the time to build your ults back up from range (saftey of spawn), when they are ready jump down and dump on them together. Most wolves will scatter looking for any food if their timer starts getting too low use this to your advantage.

Hunt Well
    -Caius
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA