Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• DanaeldeWitz
    DanaeldeWitz
    ✭✭
    Also, remembering Norg-Tzel and the Murkmire prologue, I've added those books to my list above. Unless I'm mistaken, they continue to lack a post-quest location, even if you can (allegedly) group with someone at that particular quest stage and travel back to the island. Personally, I consider that sort of workaround incredibly subpar.

I have tried many times to go there with someone who can enter in Norg-Tzel, but it's always impossible. The message is "no location found".
  • Mirumorg
    Mirumorg
    ✭✭
    Also, remembering Norg-Tzel and the Murkmire prologue, I've added those books to my list above. Unless I'm mistaken, they continue to lack a post-quest location, even if you can (allegedly) group with someone at that particular quest stage and travel back to the island. Personally, I consider that sort of workaround incredibly subpar.

I have tried many times to go there with someone who can enter in Norg-Tzel, but it's always impossible. The message is "no location found".

Ask a friend who has not yet done the quest to group. Together you can enter the prologue map and get the missing books
  • Mirumorg
    Mirumorg
    ✭✭
    Mirumorg wrote: »
    hi @ZOS_GinaBruno

7 books still buggy.
    2 books in the blue base for Aldmeri's people (Information request from Emeric - Updated instruction from Dortene)
    2 books related to Summerset quests (Invitation to the kinlady's conference - Writ of the credentials)
    2 books related to the Murkmire quests (Bright-throat riddle fragment - Dead-water riddle fragment)
    and the undaunted unsigned tome
    please fix these books.

More than just 7 (see my above list). How many more is hard to pin down because there are a large number of quests and books in the game (some located behind many other quests), people naturally tend to focus on the ones they personally are missing (I do it, too), and the world is very large, so it might just mean people have been overlooking some post-quest locations. The fact that some books are then added to bookshelves not even in that area compounds this issue.

I'm curious, though, @Mirumorg : You mention the Writ of Valid Credentials and the two DC books. Does that mean you were able to find a post-quest location for Sapiarch's Recommendation, and a spot outside base camp for the two books I listed (Pact Recruitment and A Warning from Zimmeron)? If so, do you happen to remember whereabouts you saw them? If possible, the more details, the better. As I said, the world is very, very big.

Disregard the two pact books. I finally laid eyes on them at the Ghartok gatehouse. Still curious about the Sapiarch's Recommendation, though.

Also, has anyone found a location for Those Who Stood at Chalman Keep that's available to AD toons, now that they moved the copy from Chalman to Grand Warlord Zimmeron's desk?

I honestly don't remember where I found the book. Many books inside the dungeons I recovered making me group by friends who had not yet done the quest
  • flynntribe
    completed the halls of torment quest but missed out on finding proper torture techiniques vol 8
    was told that the post quest location for this lorebook is at the Harborage
    the only book that i've been able to find is proper torture techiniques vol 13 (it's right at the entrance)
    i'm not sure if this page is glitched for me or i'm looking at the wrong spot for it
    any help with this would be appreciated
    need 20 pages to have all in game lorebooks (as of 04/07/2019
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @flynntribe

In Stonefalls, it's at roughly 75x38 (using a map coordinate addon), southwest of EP's Harborage. In Glenumbra, at 38x78.5, east and slightly north of DC's. Right on the Lorebook addon's location if you have that.
  • flynntribe
    @flynntribe

In Stonefalls, it's at roughly 75x38 (using a map coordinate addon), southwest of EP's Harborage. In Glenumbra, at 38x78.5, east and slightly north of DC's. Right on the Lorebook addon's location if you have that.

i play on console wish i had access to add on's
  • flynntribe
    @BrightOblivion

Found It Thanks
  • flynntribe
    3 other lorebooks in which i'm still trying to find
    i play on console do not have access to addon feature (photos would help alot if possible)

Library Of Incunabula - A Boon For The Tribe (March Of Sacrifices) - can't find it in dungeon
    Military Orders & Reports - General Serien's Order (Told It Was North Of Fort Arand) already did quest not sure if there is a post quest location for this
    Words Of Poets - Wergital The Wolf Boy (need post quest location to farm this page or set of bookshelves that are used to get this page) missed it in isle of torment

thanks in advance for taking the time to help
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    flynntribe wrote: »
    3 other lorebooks in which i'm still trying to find
    i play on console do not have access to addon feature (photos would help alot if possible)

Library Of Incunabula - A Boon For The Tribe (March Of Sacrifices) - can't find it in dungeon
    Military Orders & Reports - General Serien's Order (Told It Was North Of Fort Arand) already did quest not sure if there is a post quest location for this
    Words Of Poets - Wergital The Wolf Boy (need post quest location to farm this page or set of bookshelves that are used to get this page) missed it in isle of torment

thanks in advance for taking the time to help

Gonna tackle these one by one:

1) Lorebooks is dead-on in its location here, or was when I did it. Try at (roughly) 37x55.3.

2) Inside the headquarters building in Ft Arand, to the left of the door on a bench.

3) Greenshade, Shadowfen, or Rivenspire bookshelves at random. Best bet is to search areas with lots of bookshelves (mages guild, ayleid ruins) and hope to get lucky. No telling when that'll be, though.

EDIT: Missed the part about you being on console. Have a map instead.
    VBAJlee.png
    Edited by BrightOblivion on April 8, 2019 6:41PM
  • flynntribe
    @BrightOblivion

i take it you run pc (for that i say thank you) i've been able to find pages that have been giving me trouble

but i do have a question to ask you if you use the add on feature
    there are 3 lorebooks that people in this forum have been trying to find with no avail (me included)
    they are part of the Military & Reports pages
    1- Information Request From Emeric
    2- Updated Instructions From Dortene (these 2 pages are in the Southern High Rock Gate BUT EP (Red) & Imperial (Yellow) characters can not get them is there a secondary spot to find them in game

3- Orders To Halskar (this one is in the Barracks, Fort Morvunskar - Eastmarch) BUT if you completed the quest like i did you no longer have access to go back in .
    this is another one that i've been trying to find a secondary spot to get

if you have any insight on any of these pages you would amke alot of people in this forum happy

as always thank you for the help and taking the time to read this
    Peace
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    flynntribe wrote: »
    @BrightOblivion

i take it you run pc (for that i say thank you) i've been able to find pages that have been giving me trouble

but i do have a question to ask you if you use the add on feature
    there are 3 lorebooks that people in this forum have been trying to find with no avail (me included)
    they are part of the Military & Reports pages
    1- Information Request From Emeric
    2- Updated Instructions From Dortene (these 2 pages are in the Southern High Rock Gate BUT EP (Red) & Imperial (Yellow) characters can not get them is there a secondary spot to find them in game

3- Orders To Halskar (this one is in the Barracks, Fort Morvunskar - Eastmarch) BUT if you completed the quest like i did you no longer have access to go back in .
    this is another one that i've been trying to find a secondary spot to get

if you have any insight on any of these pages you would amke alot of people in this forum happy

as always thank you for the help and taking the time to read this
    Peace

I do indeed, and I'm absolutely glad to help other people find the books they're searching for.

Ah. Those. Unfortunately, even with the addons, I haven't been able to find a secondary spot for those, or any of the books I listed in my post on the previous page, because none exists. I'm right there in the same boat, missing those 3, plus Rhanbiq's Notes, Invitation to the Kinlady's Conference, Writ of Valid Credentials, Sapiarch's Recommendation, and the unsigned version of the Tome of the Undaunted, because I missed them while questing and am lore-hunting on an EP toon. The only suggestion I have is to fervently hope that ZOS fixes them and the other books without post-quest/cross-alliance locations with Elsweyr or a future update, and continue to (politely) remind them about it until they do.

I totally agree that it would make a lot of people, myself included, happy if they fixed them. Unfortunately, I have no more knowledge of when that might be than anyone else outside of ZOS. The mod who was posting about fixing these ( @Jekerl ) hasn't been active since November 2018, or responded since 2017, and @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_RichLambert have been hush-hush on anything pertaining to this, due to concerns with other matters. As such, the first sign of any Eidetic Memory fixes will be if they show up in the PTS patch notes when those drop a week from today.
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder why they don’t just have an update where all non motif related lore books are account wide so that you can jump onto an alt find said book and have it count towards your main or whatever toon you use for eidetic memory. Seems like it would save a lot of hassle.

Or alternatively have a book vendor that sells them after you have completed the requisite quests.
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing I noticed about Orders to Halskar is that it does appear briefly on the ground outside the barracks on the snow left of the entrance after you leave. Once you hand in the quest it does disappear from that location.

I wonder if this is a situation like the books on the pedestal in Cyrodiil where the book is there but it’s appearing under the snow and this may be the reason why the team hasn’t realized this and thinks it’s accessible.
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meesha1170 wrote: »
    One thing I noticed about Orders to Halskar is that it does appear briefly on the ground outside the barracks on the snow left of the entrance after you leave. Once you hand in the quest it does disappear from that location.

I wonder if this is a situation like the books on the pedestal in Cyrodiil where the book is there but it’s appearing under the snow and this may be the reason why the team hasn’t realized this and thinks it’s accessible.

Interesting. That's possible as well. I've created a toon on the PTS to run through a few quests and try to pin down a few books (namely House Hlaalu Merchant Camp, The Warrior's Blade, and possibly Conversion Status), and will look at this one as well. Just making some gear and setting up skills before I do that.

Regarding the suggestion in your first post, yes and no. In the sense that they would never have to worry about bugged books in the future, yes, it would be easier. However, that's a massive back end change (most things like that aren't account-wide), which I'm not even sure is possible, and then setting it up for all 3000+ eidetic memory books while not screwing up Mages' Guild lorebooks or motifs which are also in that category and probably configured rather similarly. Compare that to putting copies of the maybe twenty books, if that, which are currently bugged in locations that are accessible after quests are completed, and which seems like it would be less work? They just need to get around to fixing the ones that are bugged and then not make the same mistakes with future books.

---

As a heads up, I've received permission from Mix to create a new thread for these and keep it updated. Expect that to be up sometime within the next few days to a week, time permitting!
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aha! I see! After the quest "Blindsided", the book is out front by the steps. However, partway through the following quest ("Sleep for the Dead"), likely after finishing the venture into Nurnhilde's tomb, Fort Morvunskar phases again so that the enemies are booted out and that's when the two guys take up their position in front of the Barracks door, rendering it unenterable. When this happens, the copy of the book that was by the steps, in a perfect spot, disappears. So really, the issue doesn't occur after "Blindsided." It's a cell phasing issue, caused by missing that last change of scenery in "Sleep for the Dead"! If the folks at ZOS can make sure that it's still there after that quest, then we're golden!

@ZOS_RichLambert (if you might be lurking here) This is what's going on, and why people who've completed both quests are swearing that it's not been fixed, despite the bug guys probably swearing it is. I'd forgotten that two quests impacted that area, and hadn't realized that it was the second of the two, not the first, which was causing these issues.

My next step is to go look at the Obsidian Gorge, and try to figure out exactly which quest is throwing House Hlaalu Merchant Camp out of phase. Expect an update here regarding that.

EDIT: Finished checking out the Gorge, and it's another phasing issue. There are three main quests in the area ("Death Trap", "Payback", and "Plaguebringer") and three phases in the area:
    • Phase 1 is in effect any time before the completion of "Payback", or at least before you and Naryu defend the archers and turn the plague against the Maulborn in the area. There are Maulborn standing in small groups throughout the area. House Hlaalu Merchant Camp is where it should be, by a wagon at approximately 30.97x45.16 within Deshaan.
    • Phase 2 occurs between when Phase 1 ends on completion of "Payback" and the conclusion of "Plaguebringer." There are more enemies here, ostensibly Maulborn fighting their infected former allies. House Hlaalu Merchant Camp is not at the above location
    • Phase 3 occurs at the end of "Plaguebringer" and is the area's final phase. Merchants and their guard return and begin the process of cleaning up. House Hlaalu Merchant Camp is not in the above location.

Thus, the solution for this book is to ensure that, at the very least, it is present in the world after the completion of the quest "Plaguebringer."
    Edited by BrightOblivion on April 10, 2019 12:19AM
  • Raijindono
    Raijindono
    ✭✭✭
    If you have books that were available through "Untamed and Unleashed", the Summerset Zoo area. You can get inside of the zoo by jumping on top of this cave in the duneripper enclosure. ^__^

Thanks to @MrIvanhoe for helping find this spot <3

wj2aksav34pf.png

• Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aishsha wrote: »
    I still can't read the "Tome of the Undaunted" book even though Im cp1000+ and have doen the undaunted inicial quest ages ago... Is this bugged for anyone else?

I have the exact same issue

Try all alliances. Elden Root, Mournhold and Wayrest. It might not be glowing btw.

I've tried all alliances, more than one time. I know where the book is, have it on other toons. Just can't get it.
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raijindono wrote: »
    If you have books that were available through "Untamed and Unleashed", the Summerset Zoo area. You can get inside of the zoo by jumping on top of this cave in the duneripper enclosure. ^__^

Thanks to @MrIvanhoe for helping find this spot <3

wj2aksav34pf.png

Awesome, thank you - I've gone back to that area so many times!!! Will try it tomorrow :)
    Edited by Sirona_Starr on May 1, 2019 3:11AM
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there!

So, I never actually posted the link here, but discussion regarding which Eidetic Memory books are missing, efforts to help people find those books they're looking for, and general commentary about the books has moved to this thread. This way, all the books can be listed in the first post (as soon as I check on them and/or find out what's going on), and we aren't having to wade through 57 pages of posts that may or may not be up-to-date. This thread is still full of useful advice to find certain books, and if there are parts of that which people would like added to the first post of the linked thread, please don't hesitate to let me know. However, it seems like it would be easiest to move all conversation to that location, which is a fresh thread, as opposed to trying to split conversations and commentary and stuff between the two.

I'm currently looking at the Tome of the Undaunted (the unsigned version), and will post my findings in that thread, in case you might have anything to add, @Sirona_Starr . Because it's one of the three books I'm missing (or will be after Elsweyr and its many fixes go Live), I've been paying particular attention to it.
  • Dark_Claw
    Dark_Claw
    ✭✭✭
    So has anyone managed to locate “The Warrior’s Blade” (Devoted & Deranged)? Or is it currently unobtainable?
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dark_Claw I actually covered this book, and the others from Torinaan, in the first post of the thread I linked in the post right above yours. Basically, check the bookshelves in the zones listed for that book.
  • SoupDragon
    SoupDragon
    ✭✭✭

Ask a friend who has not yet done the quest to group. Together you can enter the prologue map and get the missing books

I tried this but it didn't work. I was in a group with a friend and he could enter Norg-Tzel but the guy on the boat wasn't there for me. I also tried to travel to my friend when he was there. What am I doing wrong? :(
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    I only need one book, the Prolog Book.

Elsweyr Epistles and Almanacs:

Sealed Imperial Summonds

This book i get from the Crown Store, few month ago.
    But i cant read it again now.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SoupDragon wrote: »

I tried this but it didn't work. I was in a group with a friend and he could enter Norg-Tzel but the guy on the boat wasn't there for me. I also tried to travel to my friend when he was there. What am I doing wrong? :(

You can’t travel directly there at all, even to another player there. It should have let you talk to the captain and ask him to use the boat after your friend put together the map pieces but before your friend got on the boat. That’s how it worked for me a few weeks ago.

But this point should be moot now because the lorebooks in this specific area were supposed to be made available near the Murkmire prologue daily quest-giver near the Stormhold wayshrine. That fix was implemented during the PTS for Elsweyr and should have made it to live.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Holger30 wrote: »
    I only need one book, the Prolog Book.

Elsweyr Epistles and Almanacs:

Sealed Imperial Summonds

This book i get from the Crown Store, few month ago.
    But i cant read it again now.

Anyone who did the prologue quest before Elsweyr dropped (which should be a lot, considering they released the prologue before Elsweyr for a reason...) cannot reread this item to add it to the Lore Library.

Writing to Support was utterly useless. /bug report it in game instead.

They need to add in the lorebook as an item in the world rather than just in the form of the Crown Store quest-starter. There is precedent for this with other prologue lorebooks. It seems to have been overlooked in this case.
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Next prologue I'm just not doing it until the dlc/chapter dropped.... :(
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • SoupDragon
    SoupDragon
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    SoupDragon wrote: »

You can’t travel directly there at all, even to another player there. It should have let you talk to the captain and ask him to use the boat after your friend put together the map pieces but before your friend got on the boat. That’s how it worked for me a few weeks ago.

But this point should be moot now because the lorebooks in this specific area were supposed to be made available near the Murkmire prologue daily quest-giver near the Stormhold wayshrine. That fix was implemented during the PTS for Elsweyr and should have made it to live.

Okay! Thank you so much ^^

Edit: Found them in Stormhold. Finally!
    Edited by SoupDragon on June 2, 2019 11:55AM
  • Blue_Radium
    Blue_Radium
    ✭✭✭
    House Hlaalu Merchant Camp was added to post-quest Obsidian Gorge! Just checked on the unsigned Tome of the Undaunted, can't read other faction books and my faction book does not give it to me, still unobtainable. Need to check blue's gate for the two unobtainable (for red and yellow) Covenant-only lore.

Nope not there. A complete Eidetic is still only possible on DC characters - unless they put the two lorebooks somewhere other than Alma Ruma and Ni-Mohk gate.
    Edited by Blue_Radium on June 5, 2019 5:34AM
  • Walllessfury
    Can someone tell me where “For The Old Akavir” is. It’s the last one I need for the achievement

Edit-
    Never mind found it
    Edited by Walllessfury on June 6, 2019 9:59PM
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    any1 can tell me pls where in sunspire is "Letter to Bakul" ? I get no pins while inside and I literally checked the whole place with a magnifying glass but I cant find it...what am I missing? :((