Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    I still can't read the "Tome of the Undaunted" book even though Im cp1000+ and have doen the undaunted inicial quest ages ago... Is this bugged for anyone else?

Signed or unsigned? Unsigned apparently bugged for everyone who are well ahead in the game and cannot be activated at all until fix (if there comes any). As for the signed one - that's the book opened on the pedestal at any Undaunted Enclave. But it 1) might not glow so you'd have to find it visually 2) It might not be read at some alliances - e.g. I wasn't able to activate it in Mournhold but read no problem in Elden Root. Try checking all three.
  • HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭
    aishsha wrote: »
    I still can't read the "Tome of the Undaunted" book even though Im cp1000+ and have doen the undaunted inicial quest ages ago... Is this bugged for anyone else?

Signed or unsigned? Unsigned apparently bugged for everyone who are well ahead in the game and cannot be activated at all until fix (if there comes any). As for the signed one - that's the book opened on the pedestal at any Undaunted Enclave. But it 1) might not glow so you'd have to find it visually 2) It might not be read at some alliances - e.g. I wasn't able to activate it in Mournhold but read no problem in Elden Root. Try checking all three.

I think I had the same issue on some of my higher lvl characters. I can vaguely recall having to do this at all three until it worked. But I do remember it worked just not sure which. Thanks for the insight @aishsha.
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, some books shall never be found I gather :(
    Edited by LadyMamoulian on December 27, 2018 1:11PM
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone please tell me where this version of "A Plea for the Elder Scrolls" is? I was pretty sure I nabbed books with this title in all three factions' temples, but, always the but, there are only three shown in the Lorebooks add-on listing, and it appears that the missing one is... my own faction (AD)? O.o
    |H1:book:1733|h|h

(Also, do I get it correctly that there are NO Covenant "base books" copies near to either of their gates? Spent about 1.5 hours yesterday crawling them all over until DC started waking up...)

Edit: The AD copy appears to be INSIDE the pedestal in the Scroll Temple Mnem, at X:56.57 Y:83.73, judging by the glow...
    Edited by MreeBiPolar on December 18, 2018 11:07AM
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: The AD copy appears to be INSIDE the pedestal in the Scroll Temple Mnem, at X:56.57 Y:83.73, judging by the glow...

I had the same issue as well. Its discussed in earlier posts in this Discussion, but you can get it. The solution is to sneak into the temple and stand right in front of the pedestal. You then need to log out and log back in so that you can quickly read the book before it "falls" through the pedestal. It took me a couple of tries, but I did end up getting it.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    MRusso89 wrote: »

I had the same issue as well. Its discussed in earlier posts in this Discussion, but you can get it. The solution is to sneak into the temple and stand right in front of the pedestal. You then need to log out and log back in so that you can quickly read the book before it "falls" through the pedestal. It took me a couple of tries, but I did end up getting it.

Or run away from it and come back. It will appear properly that way.
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    I ran away and came back three times before I found it. It was hell.
  • mixrgshoppreub18_ESO
    Please, can someone post a SS of the Book: "Tales of the Spinners" of the Devoted and Derranged Collection? I know he is somewhere in Greenshade, in that Shadows Crawl Fort. I searched it all over and cant find it nowhere! Please Help! I have the Lorebook add-on installed, and turned the Eidetic Memory icons on. The icon show in the map, but i can find the book! Help!

I found this book, in Woodhearth near the tree ring trading circle. I did not find this in Shadows Crawl.
  • SUPERBEAST225
    So does anyone have a specific location for Night Runner Captains Journal in Karnwasten?

Found it opposite Nolore Stieve on a barrel in the little wooden hut thing
    Edited by SUPERBEAST225 on December 22, 2018 8:14AM
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    Redfur Journal, V.2 - Has this one been unlocked or still unaccessible?
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the exact same issue
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭

Try all alliances. Elden Root, Mournhold and Wayrest. It might not be glowing btw.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks, that helped.

... Actually, it even did not fall through after I read it. But I was spamming "E" even during the loading screen :)
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭

Thanks, that helped.

... Actually, it even did not fall through after I read it. But I was spamming "E" even during the loading screen :)

Well, I am on PS4 :) But it has exactly the same issue there :)
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone please give more info on following books (from what I know, they are supposed to be on bookshelves, but I've no idea if that's ANY bookshelves, or specific ones):

Lord Hollowjack's Dread Realm - Murkmire
    Year 2920 v18 - ?
    Year 2920 v25 - ?
    Year 2920 v26 - ?
    Year 2920 v27 - ?
    Unhallowed Legions - IC library (2nd floors of buildings?)

Specific locations/instructions/whatever, if possible.
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    Redfur Journal, V.2 - Has this one been unlocked or still unaccessible?

Found it myself - the secret door makes access to that part of the ruins.
    Anyone recalls where the "Boon for the Tribe" in the Marsh of Sacrifices is located?

Between the first waterfall and the first boss - there's a place where an elf dies and a huge monument on the side - it's in the grass by that stone - pretty hard to see.
    Edited by aishsha on December 26, 2018 5:13PM
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by LadyMamoulian on February 10, 2019 3:55PM
  • Commanding
    Commanding
    Soul Shriven
    Epona222 wrote: »
    ...stuff like "Note in a bag of Vvardenfell Silk"...
    I found this note in the Riverside Inn, next to the fireplace. No prior quest needed, and was certainly not in the location marked. Took me a while to find this, and I sorta stumbled onto it.
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try all alliances. Elden Root, Mournhold and Wayrest. It might not be glowing btw.

Did that - didn't work :( Thanks though!
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭

Did that - didn't work :( Thanks though!

What Alliance are you?
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sad to see that there appears to be no updates to any of the currently bugged books in the patch notes for the next update. Anyone on PTS find otherwise?
  • DrottningElf
    DrottningElf
    Soul Shriven

I really want ZOS to give us access to the books in these quests. I still need The Warrior's Blade and Mauloch, Orc Father.

I got both books I needed, as per one person's comment where you need to group with someone who has the quest and waiting for the area to open for you to access.

I don't think would work for the last book that I'm searching for: Naliara's Notes: Day 18. Can anyone help with this one?
  • krushhk
    krushhk
    Soul Shriven
    I'm currently stuck on these. The last ones I need from these zones

Letters and missives - Letter from Gabbi - Eastmarch

Personal Journals - Nahirah's Journal - Alik'r Dessert

Plot's and Schemes - Quartermaster's Note - Craglorn
  • Blue_Radium
    Blue_Radium
    ✭✭✭
    Here are all the lorebooks that I have personally missing, that I know are either never attainable or not available after a quest:

Handbills, Posters, and Decrees:
    -House Hlaalu Merchant Camp
    This one is locked behind the pre-"Death Trap" and "Payback" quest phase in Obsidian Gorge, Deshaan. You can't party with someone on those quests to re-enter the phase and get it once the quests are done, already tried - once you finish those quests and Obsidian Gorge switches to the "Plague Bringer" quest phase where the Maulborn are fighting Plague Stalkers (and the safe phase following the Plague Stalker quest) the lorebook is no longer where it was and is nowhere else in the game. It needs to be added to all overworld phases, currently unattainable once the first two Obsidian Gorge quests are done
    -Tome of the Undaunted (the unsigned version)
    Was available long ago when unlocking Undaunted skill line if optionally read in the middle of the quest before signing, is currently totally unavailable - would be great to have the 2 factions our character is not in have the unsigned version at their Enclave, for world consistency + availability

Military Orders and Reports:
    -Information Request from Emeric
    -Updated Instructions from Dortene
    These two books have never been available to AD or EP, and are the reason only DC characters can have a complete Eidetic Memory currently. Cyrodiil main base lore were updated to be available inside their faction's gates when pushed back in Cyrodiil a while ago - these two DC lore did not get the same treatment for some reason

Summerset Scrolls:
    -Invitation to the Kinlady's Conference
    Most of the totally unavailable or quest-locked Summerset lore was fixed - this one was not. You have to read it from your inventory during the Summerset intro quest or it is impossible to unlock currently

I believe there are a few others that need fixing, these are just the ones my time/research can confirm need ZOS to step in on.
    Edited by Blue_Radium on February 3, 2019 5:16AM
  • Blue_Radium
    Blue_Radium
    ✭✭✭
    krushhk wrote: »
    I'm currently stuck on these. The last ones I need from these zones

Letters and missives - Letter from Gabbi - Eastmarch

Personal Journals - Nahirah's Journal - Alik'r Dessert

Plot's and Schemes - Quartermaster's Note - Craglorn

Quartermaster's Note is at the end of the Sanctum Ophidia trial, at the bottom of the staircase leading up to the last boss.
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kyoma
    PTS patch notes v4.1.0 mentioned 3 new books added to Eidetic Memory:

Report On Wing Rot Curative Trial - Sil-Var-Woad Conservatory, first floor
    Findings on the Elemental Volatility of Imps - Sil-Var-Woad Paddocks area
    Fellrunner Failure? - Sil-Var-Woad Paddocks area, close to the previous book

Sil-Var-Woad Conservatory and Paddocks are accessible during quest "Untamed and Unleashed",
    in current Live (4.0.11) after quest, the area is unaccessible (unless grouping with another player with quest? cannot confirm)
    Looks like they read reports on bugged books.....sometimes :smiley:

Ive climbed over the rocks in the Dunripper cage into the conservatory to get the books. It only took a min and i got both books.
  • Onigar
    Onigar
    ✭✭✭
    I have very few books left to collect but I just want to mention one in particular, "House Hlaalu Merchant Camp".

This is located in Obsidian Gorge, Deeshan.

Before you complete the quest it is posted on the side of an upturned cart.

After completing the quest it is no longer visible.

If anyone knows of another location then that would be great otherwise please ZOS can you make this visible after completing the quest.

Thanks
    PC EU
    Addon Author:
    Currency Manager: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1998
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    I am still not giving up.. does anyone know if any of these three books have been fixed already in Summerset?

Invitation to the Kinlady's Conference
    Sapiarch's Recommendation
    Writ of Valid Credentials

Thanks!
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am still not giving up.. does anyone know if any of these three books have been fixed already in Summerset?

Invitation to the Kinlady's Conference
    Sapiarch's Recommendation
    Writ of Valid Credentials

Thanks!

I do not believe so and sadly, looking at the patch notes for Wrathstone, it doesn’t appear any will be fixed then either.

• LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    This is incredible! How are we supposed to collect Lore when ZOS ignores us completely? This is depressing! :(