The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is incredible! How are we supposed to collect Lore when ZOS ignores us completely? This is depressing! :(

I'm missing 1 summerset book as well (writ of valid credentials).

All I can say is keep pestering them, make forum threads, bug report it, on the forums and ingame. If enough people make enough of a stir about it, they will eventually get fixed. Some books were fixed 1-2 years after their release (which is still unacceptable, but better than never anyway).
  • Onigar
    Onigar
    ✭✭✭
    aishsha wrote: »
    I still can't read the "Tome of the Undaunted" book even though Im cp1000+ and have doen the undaunted inicial quest ages ago... Is this bugged for anyone else?

Signed or unsigned? Unsigned apparently bugged for everyone who are well ahead in the game and cannot be activated at all until fix (if there comes any). As for the signed one - that's the book opened on the pedestal at any Undaunted Enclave. But it 1) might not glow so you'd have to find it visually 2) It might not be read at some alliances - e.g. I wasn't able to activate it in Mournhold but read no problem in Elden Root. Try checking all three.

This is just one of those things that ZOS needs to fix.

Basically the condition for the unsigned book is that you have not enrolled in the undaunted yet.

After you have enrolled then you have access to the signed book.

Logically the content of the unsigned book will be included in the signed book and by default you should be awarded both achievement's at that time.

Wishful thinking I guess ;)
    PC EU
    Addon Author:
    Currency Manager: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1998
  • Rowantree
    Rowantree
    ✭✭
    Can someone direct em to where Tales of the Spinners is in Greenwood, I see the icon but can't find the book and I've searched the internet but there's nothing I can find about it being a bug so I have no idea why I can't find it. I did finish these quests in the area a very long time ago.
  • Rowantree
    Rowantree
    ✭✭
    Never mind, I didn't realize it could be in multiple far-flung places and I found it at another location. If you're also stuck and you're looking for it at Shadow's Crawl, try up near Verrant Morass, there's a copy up there outside under a tent.
  • Alisyra
    Alisyra
    Soul Shriven
    Krisandra Edrald's Journal Vol. 2 is still unobtainable after the quest in Rivenspire.
  • Pasha_Redrobe
    LazyTJ_92 wrote: »
    I could use help finding "Reman II: The limits of ambition" in the lore and culture section. Its one of the ones added with Murkmire...

On console so no addons, according to the log data viewer its at 0.25 0.56 in Lilmoth.

Lost tales of the famed explorers: fragment IV is at 0.24 0.54 which is near the jewelry crafting station. I have looked all around the area and cant find the Reman book though.

Also the scaly steeds of black marsh book. Iv seen it mentioned its on bookshelves but log viewer has no record of anyone finding it. A confirmation of that would be awesome too :)

I'd like to know where Reman II The limits of ambition is also. The bookshelves dont even reset in Murkmire
  • Oliviander
    Oliviander
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a question about the following book:

Tales of Tamriel: Crow and Raven: Three Short fables

Lorebooks says that this book is in the general bookshelves.
    But as it is the last book I still miss from the shelves (except IC Books)
    I wonder if i missed something as this book still lies in Evermore in the Anchor's Point Inn
    on 1st floor.
    I can read it, but it doesn't register.
    Sometime ago it had still a Lorebook pin at that location but it got removed some time ago.

So my question is am I just unlucky with this book and it really can be found in the shelves
    or did I miss some information about it.

It seems that most people read it when it still had other locations as I can see from older
    entries on other webpages.

Problem solved - I found the book in a shelf (Dungeon: Veteran Crypt of Hearts II )
    Edited by Oliviander on March 10, 2019 9:25PM
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gigasax wrote: »
    Is there a way to get back to Norg-Tzel? I missed one book in there

Yes. Group up and you can return. Just did it a few days ago.
    I think i have a twink with that open quest as well, so in the worst case, if you really find nobody else (doublecheck) ^^ you can write me and i can try to find that twink.
    Just write me a note, cause i read this thread not so often any more cause too many people ask always the same, books they find themself after looking 1 more minute for it or books with storys which are explained couple times within this post already. So its hard to difference the real ones from the lazy ones. ^^
  • Pasha_Redrobe
    orders to halskar, please fix it
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    Oldbushie wrote: »
    I still can't get this one as it simply doesn't show anywhere in Paragon's Remembrance after the quest is done:
    Wrothgar Writings:
    Conversion Status (Paragon's Remembrance)

@ZOS_GinaBruno I've reported that one unobtainable post-quest over a year ago, multiple times, and haven't seen a patch fix it yet.
    Any leads on this one yet?

Edited by Oldbushie on March 1, 2019 8:21PM
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Given that the last ZoS response to this thread was over a year ago (didn't check if there was any in '17), I suspect we might have to draw their attention in a way like everyone interested in Eideticbeing fixed logging on to next official twitch stream and mass spamming the chat with something along the lines of "Fix Eidetic Memory!!!"
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m thinking about adding a voice to some of the few remaining unfixed books, especially one from Eastmarch titled Orders to Halskar which has had no post quest location since launch.

So when using the Feedback/Bug report in game what does everyone else select for Impact and Category?
  • Peppo_Lives
    Peppo_Lives
    ✭✭✭
    For reporting bugged books i usually select Impairs Functionality - Text/Localizations - Books
    once a week i send reports about the known bugged books, and do the same on pts.....maybe Crash/Block Progress draw more attention? i'd like to know how hard is to fix some books that are constantly reported :)
    PC-EU - Eidetic Memory / Codex / Recipes Collector - 60K+ Achievement Points
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_LeamonTuttle As our new Loremaster, perhaps this falls into your sphere of influence, as these books do contain lore for the players to interact with. If not, perhaps you or @ZOS_GinaBruno could direct the issue to those people who can make the change. Many of these books have been bugged for at least a year, if not longer, and we'd very much like some sort of response to let us know it's being looked into.

Of primary issue are the books which still do not have accessible locations after quests. These include:
    • Orders to Halskar in Eastmarch, after the quest "Blindsided" - This book could be placed on the porch next to the guards blocking the inaccessible door to the main building of Fort Morvunskar
    • No Reason to Worry in Hazak's Lair in Khenarthi's Roost, after the quest "Moon-Sugar Medicament" - While, technically, the location of this book can be reached after the quest by partnering with a person who is on the step needed to access it, it would be preferable if there was a location outside the area of the cave that's only accessible during a single quest step.
    • Tome of the Undaunted after "Taking the Undaunted Pledge" - After signing the book, one no longer has access to the unsigned version. A possible location for the unsigned version could be elsewhere in the Undaunted Enclaves, or this particular book could be removed, since it's the same as the Tome of the Undaunted, Signed, except without the character's name listed.
    • Rhanbiq's Notes after the Thieves' Guild quest "The One That Got Away" (located in the Coin Brother's Cornerclub in Stormhold or The Parchment and Horn in Marbruk) - This is in your inventory for one quest step (to go find Bellulor Chatterbreak), and then vanishes forever. Post-quest, it could be returned to the location where you found it.
    • Invitation to the Kinlady's Conference in Summerset, after the quest "The Queen's Decree" - This is another book that is in the inventory for a quest step, with no indication that if you don't read it then, it's gone forever. Possible post-quest locations for this book would include outside the door to Kinlady Avinisse's mansion, or on a table inside it.
    • Sapiarch's Recommendation in Summerset, after the quest "Culture Clash" - This is placed into the inventory after doing a favor for Sapiarch Tandemen, and removed further along in the quest. Possible post-quest locations would be the table at which Tandemen is sitting during the quest (outside the Alinor Bank and Trust) or outside the door to the castle in Alinor, as placing it inside might involve too many checks on the other quests which might impact the happenings within the palace or the room Rigurt and the Proxy Queen meet in.
    • Writ of Valid Credentials in Summerset, after the quest "Culture Clash" - Placed into inventory after doing a favor for Justiciar Rolumdel and removed at a later point in the quest. Possible locations post-quest could include a spot near where the Justiciar is standing near the Fighter's Guild in Lillandril, or outside the castle door in Alinor.
    • Blackguard Instructions, One on Norg-Tzel, after the quest "The Cursed Skull"*
    • Blackguard Instructions, Two on Norg-Tzel, after the quest "The Cursed Skull"*
    • Blackguard Instructions, Three on Norg-Tzel, after the quest "The Cursed Skull"*
    • The Curse of Beela-Kaar on Norg-Tzel, after the quest "The Cursed Skull"*

*While the island of Norg-Tzel can technically be reached after the quest by grouping with someone who is on the stage of the quest where they need to travel to the island, this workaround is far from optimal, and a post-quest location is still needed. Possible options include a spot near the enclave where Jee-Lar and Concordia are located in Stormhold, or near the boat which ferries the player to Norg-Tzel.

And perhaps others which other players have listed or can list. As I haven't really set foot in Murkmire since it came out, or done any questing there, I'm unsure whether or not there are any books there which are in a similar post-quest limbo.

Additionally, there are still books within the individual camps of Cyrodiil which cannot be accessed if you do not belong to that faction. These include:
    • Information Request from Emeric in the Southern High Rock Gate camp
    • Updated Instructions from Dortene in the Southern High Rock Gate camp

With other eidetic memory books, there have been additional locations placed within the scroll coumpounds (behind the gates), which, though it relies on one being online and paying attention when the gates open, still allows members of other factions to read and record it. Also possible would be locations outside of the scroll gates, or outside of Cyrodiil entirely.

Hopefully, this will help you or the individuals who can fix it pinpoint the missing books, and allow those of us who missed the opportunity to finally be able to complete our eidetic memory collections.

@Tasear I seem to recall you asking elsewhere if there were still problems with Eidetic Memory books. Given that there are, perhaps you might be able to nudge the appropriate people to help fix it? Please?

EDIT: Other books reported to me as in a similar state are:
    • Conversion Status in Paragon's Remembrance in Wrothgar after the quest "Forcing the Faith"
    • Dead Water Riddle Fragment in Murkmire after the quest "Whispers in the Wood"
    • Bright-Throat Riddle Fragment in Murkmire after the quest "Whispers in the Wood"
    Edited by BrightOblivion on March 28, 2019 8:08PM
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On another note, with a recent update, they appear to have added more books, possibly in preparation for something. These include:

Khunzar-ri and the Demon: Parts One, Two, and Three - Three separate books, but I didn't want to type it out twice more
    Khunzar-ri and the Demons - A different book, possibly a compilation of the other three?
    Jode's Blessing
    Jone's Blessing
    Khunzar-ri and -- -- Moons
    Khunzar-ri and the Dark Moons
    Khunzar-ri and the Full Moons
    Slivers in a Dark Sky

Given the obvious Khajiiti sounding name, I can only assume these are connected to Elsweyr and its pending prologue. Interestingly, while I was able (thanks to Lorebooks) to find copies of parts one and three of Khunzar-ri and the Demon, I did not see a copy of part two, or a location for any of the others.

Curiouser and curiouser.
    Edited by BrightOblivion on March 18, 2019 3:50PM
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <Proper function verified. Please remove this post>
    Edited by BrightOblivion on March 18, 2019 8:45PM
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add Dead-Water Riddle Fragment to the list above. After the quest Whispers in the Wood in Murkmire one is unable to read it. Needs a post quest location.
    Edited by Meesha1170 on March 20, 2019 3:29AM
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    @BrightOblivion

This is another post-quest book that I can't access:

Wrothgar Writings:
    Conversion Status

I can get back into the quest area just fine as there is no door restricting entry, but there is nothing where the LoreBooks addon indicates there should be something (SE alcove of the U-shaped hallway on the SW end of the map in Paragon's Remembrance). Even if I run through the area with someone who has the quest, the lore doesn't show up for me.
    Edited by Oldbushie on March 23, 2019 1:13AM
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meesha1170 wrote: »
    Add Dead-Water Riddle Fragment to the list above. After the quest Whispers in the Wood in Murkmire one is unable to read it. Needs a post quest location.

Alright. I'll jot it down.
    Oldbushie wrote: »
    @BrightOblivion

This is another post-quest book that I can't access:

Wrothgar Writings:
    Conversion Status

I can get back into the quest area just fine as there is no door restricting entry, but there is nothing where the LoreBooks addon indicates there should be something (SE alcove of the U-shaped hallway on the SW end of the map in Paragon's Remembrance). Even if I run through the area with someone who has the quest, the lore doesn't show up for me.

Duly noted. While I got it when I went through the area during one quest or another, I just ran through there on my lore hunter out of curiosity and didn't manage to relocate it. So I'm not sure what's going on there. I'll jot it down, though. Would you happen to know whether or not the other books in that area are still there after the quest?

With the Elsweyr PTS coming in a few weeks, I would suggest that people make a couple runs through places searching for books, both during and after quests. Let's get the ball rolling early in the PTS, so that maybe we can avoid having another 3+ books introduced that are rendered unobtainable after finishing quests. If nothing else, it'll allow us to note down which ones we need to interact with during quests when we make the run on Live. In the meantime, let me know if you find any more books that need to be added to this list, I guess.

On a different note, is it time to start a new thread? This one's getting a bit lengthy, and I'm not sure if its makers, and the maintainers of the list in the main page are still active.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_LeamonTuttle @ZOS_RichLambert (and whichever person/persons are responsible for the 3113 eidetic memory books that will have been put into the game as of the Elsweyr prologue): In case you missed it, there are people here who are incredibly passionate about the lore and books being put into this game, even if one of the main goals is to fill up that elusive book list and find all (currently) 4162 books in the game. What can we do to help you make these books able to be obtained by anyone who's looking for them, even if they missed them during quest stages?

Would it be beneficial to also list the Book IDs found on UESP? If so, which number would that be (for example, on this page here: esoitem.uesp.net/viewlog.php?action=view&record=book&id=1609 )? Is it the 1609, or the 2298?

How can we best help you fix this?
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Apologies for the double post, but tags don't work in edits)

@Oldbushie:

In addition to the question above about the other books in Paragon's Remembrance, have you also started/completed "The Anger of a King"? If I remember correctly, that also takes place in that area, and I'm trying to figure out if that has an impact. (Preferably without dragging a character through Orsinium's storyline for research)

@Meesha1170 or anyone else who might know:

Are you able to obtain the other books in this quest (Bright-Throat Riddle Fragment, Heetzasi's Journal, Page 1, 2 and 3) after the quest? Or are there also problems with them?
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭

Are you able to obtain the other books in this quest (Bright-Throat Riddle Fragment, Heetzasi's Journal, Page 1, 2 and 3) after the quest? Or are there also problems with them?

I don’t remember seeing them but I’d have to double check. I tend to miss a lot of books because I go through quests too fast but I do have those ones read so either I was real aware during those quests or I found them at the end of the quest in a post quest location.
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t remember seeing them but I’d have to double check. I tend to miss a lot of books because I go through quests too fast but I do have those ones read so either I was real aware during those quests or I found them at the end of the quest in a post quest location.

Playing through that quest right now, I can see what happened. The player is led to the Heetzasi Journal pages, and must interact with them to continue the quest (resulting in them being added to the library). The Riddle Fragments, meanwhile, have written versions added to the quest items section of the backpack, with no notice. Will check for a post-quest location, but I wouldn't be surprised if both of them have the same shortcomings as the Sapiarch's Recommendation, Writ of Valid Credentials, and Invitation to the Kinlady's Conference from Summerset.
  • Oliviander
    Oliviander
    ✭✭✭✭
    After a long time of collecting books,
    im still missing 9 of them (not counting the ones added with Wrathstone)

But there is only this one book of which I have no idea of the location:

Quartermaster's Note (Plots and Schemes)

Lorebook shows this book on the craglorn map
    in the north, way out of the borders of the drawn area of the map.

The info says that the book should be found in <Craglorn Dungeon>
    I couldn't locate that book by now so I am wondereing whether
    there is actually a "fixed location of the book anywhere in Craglorn"
    or if this book randomly found in bookshelves ?

Does anybody know something about this book.
    At least the location on the map shown in lorebook seems to be wrong.
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭

@Oldbushie:

In addition to the question above about the other books in Paragon's Remembrance, have you also started/completed "The Anger of a King"? If I remember correctly, that also takes place in that area, and I'm trying to figure out if that has an impact. (Preferably without dragging a character through Orsinium's storyline for research)
    That quest is already completed, yes. I finished the Wrothgar storyline shortly after it was released. As for the first question, I am not aware of any other lore in Wrothgar which is permanently missable after doing quests, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. LoreBooks only shows the one missed lore in that zone for me.

And yeah, I agree that it may be time for a fresh thread, since the information in the opening post is probably very out of date now in terms of which lores are still missing.

Edited by Oldbushie on March 24, 2019 10:46PM
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oliviander wrote: »

@Oliviander

Based on the coordinates listed here: esoitem.uesp.net/viewlog.php?record=location&filter=bookId&filterid=2371 for that book, I would say that it's located within Sanctum Ophidia somewhere. That's the trial in the northern part of Craglorn. Hope that helps!
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oliviander wrote: »

Yes, it’s in Samctum Ophidia. I remember it took me a while to figure that out. When I grouped with some randos in Craglorn I scouted all the adjacent rooms along the way and found it in some adjacent room along the quest path. There weren’t any enemies in there from what I recall.

• Oliviander
    Oliviander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it’s in Samctum Ophidia. I remember it took me a while to figure that out. When I grouped with some randos in Craglorn I scouted all the adjacent rooms along the way and found it in some adjacent room along the quest path. There weren’t any enemies in there from what I recall.

THX a lot for that info I'll try that soon

• BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I just finished playing through the prologue on the PTS (I didn't want to risk having another book that I couldn't access for who knows how long, so I felt a practice run was in order), and I needn't have worried...this time.

Without going into specifics, the first of two quests adds three additional rooms off of already-existing delves, each with a piece of eidetic memory inside. While it's strongly suggested to look at them in order to solve a puzzle within each of the rooms, if you didn't look at them, you can return even after you complete both prologue quests.

The second quest sends one off to a new area, similar to the way Murkmire's prologue traveled to Norg-Tzel, containing another 4 pieces of eidetic memory. None of them are out of the way and three, like the ones in the previous quest, are useful for solving the puzzles within. However, if you miss them, running blindly past and focusing on a guide, fret not. While you are unable to return to that location, those pieces of lore do receive a post-quest location. Namely, Tharn's tabletop in his camp.

The remaining four eidetic memory entries are placed within the open world, and thus accessible even after the quests - though the last one (Khunzar-ri and the Demons) is only available once both quests are completed.

Also, remembering Norg-Tzel and the Murkmire prologue, I've added those books to my list above. Unless I'm mistaken, they continue to lack a post-quest location, even if you can (allegedly) group with someone at that particular quest stage and travel back to the island. Personally, I consider that sort of workaround incredibly subpar.
  • Mirumorg
    Mirumorg
    ✭✭✭
    hi @ZOS_GinaBruno

7 books still buggy.
    2 books in the blue base for Aldmeri's people (Information request from Emeric - Updated instruction from Dortene)
    2 books related to Summerset quests (Invitation to the kinlady's conference - Writ of the credentials)
    2 books related to the Murkmire quests (Bright-throat riddle fragment - Dead-water riddle fragment)
    and the undaunted unsigned tome
    please fix these books.
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirumorg wrote: »
    hi @ZOS_GinaBruno

7 books still buggy.
    2 books in the blue base for Aldmeri's people (Information request from Emeric - Updated instruction from Dortene)
    2 books related to Summerset quests (Invitation to the kinlady's conference - Writ of the credentials)
    2 books related to the Murkmire quests (Bright-throat riddle fragment - Dead-water riddle fragment)
    and the undaunted unsigned tome
    please fix these books.

More than just 7 (see my above list). How many more is hard to pin down because there are a large number of quests and books in the game (some located behind many other quests), people naturally tend to focus on the ones they personally are missing (I do it, too), and the world is very large, so it might just mean people have been overlooking some post-quest locations. The fact that some books are then added to bookshelves not even in that area compounds this issue.

I'm curious, though, @Mirumorg : You mention the Writ of Valid Credentials and the two DC books. Does that mean you were able to find a post-quest location for Sapiarch's Recommendation, and a spot outside base camp for the two books I listed (Pact Recruitment and A Warning from Zimmeron)? If so, do you happen to remember whereabouts you saw them? If possible, the more details, the better. As I said, the world is very, very big.

Disregard the two pact books. I finally laid eyes on them at the Ghartok gatehouse. Still curious about the Sapiarch's Recommendation, though.

Also, has anyone found a location for Those Who Stood at Chalman Keep that's available to AD toons, now that they moved the copy from Chalman to Grand Warlord Zimmeron's desk?
    Edited by BrightOblivion on March 28, 2019 8:15PM