The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rebuttal to “top tier pvpers griefing”

• Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Elong wrote: »
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    @Mr_Walker that's why it was in "quotes," because it was a rebuttal thread to a thread with that name...

@Marcus684 Not true. It's easier for any player to kill bad players and they'll farm a lot more AP on the initial kills because everyone is generally worth the same if they haven't died in a while. But, yeah door camping is a low blow... so is a lot of things, but it is pvp. And the video I shared, I was in the town and we kept trying to cap the flag to stop the spawn so we could flip it.

Have a wonderful day all of you!

You already admitted to camping the town to get solo PvE'ers.

They're PVPers, they're in Cyrodiil.

Well that makes Pvdoor skillful then because it is in Cryodiil.

Why post total BS?
  • JonnAndCo
    JonnAndCo
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't a response to any previous post, I simply wanted to weigh in on the topic:

I spend most of my time in Cyrodil, yet I don't really care for 1vs1 fights. I prefer larger scale engagements, otherwise I would join a battleground. I can see why someone would enjoy the challenge of taking on entire groups and coming out alive though.

However it does annoy me to get jumped when turning in a quest. I can hold my own in a fair fight, but clearly someone who engages me while talking to an NPC isnt looking for a challenge. I would call it a cheap thrill at best, but oh well, to each their own.

TLDR: I will continue to enjoy Cyrodil with all its various gameplay options while avoiding the gankers. In a few days everything will return to normal any way.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @jonnAndCo see nightblades.
  • Victor_Blade
    Victor_Blade
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can relate soo much. During the last pvp event, all of the pve players were sending hate texts and reporting me cos I ganked them while they were doing the event thingy. So I just backed out and never went to towns in cyro till the event ended. But then the pve event happens and I try to join for a trial but people kicked me out for not having an achievement. I can do 45k dps easily but I don't do much achievement hunting. And this happened 4 or 5 times until I decided to just not take part in the event unless my guild mates were active. Felt really bad tbh.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can relate soo much. During the last pvp event, all of the pve players were sending hate texts and reporting me cos I ganked them while they were doing the event thingy. So I just backed out and never went to towns in cyro till the event ended. But then the pve event happens and I try to join for a trial but people kicked me out for not having an achievement. I can do 45k dps easily but I don't do much achievement hunting. And this happened 4 or 5 times until I decided to just not take part in the event unless my guild mates were active. Felt really bad tbh.

Unfortunately, even nowadays some consider anything less than 60k to be "low dps", so checking for certain achievements helps to gauge a player's dedication and weed out undesirables.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t sweat it. Look at all the posts now about putting mounts in the crown store making it too easy.

But yet during this they wanted things handed to them easily. They are a joke. Getting all worked up about fake mounts but actually preparing, practicing, and building for pvp was out of the question.

I say for pvp and PVE, prepare for what u are doing for either. Don’t be a hypocrite for either.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So you did your best to make PvEers feel unwelcome, but when they did similar to you you didn't quite get the same level of enjoyment from it, huh. How very surprising....
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Mr_Walker you should re-read what he said. He was PvPing and going where he knew players were that similarly chose to enter the same contract to be engaged by other players upon accepting queue into the zone. Then upon receiving “hate texts” and threats he left for the remainder of the event, implying he wasn’t there more than a day. So no, he did leave them alone because they couldn’t mentally and emotionally cope with pvping. So when he was respectful by stopping and not continuing to troll, he hoped he’d receive the same kind of respectful treatment in pve that he gave others... and he noted he didn’t, so he didn’t make an ordeal out of it, he just didn’t participate.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

So you did your best to make PvEers feel unwelcome, but when they did similar to you you didn't quite get the same level of enjoyment from it, huh. How very surprising....

Reading fail.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I figure it's easier to do both (see signature line). I try to dabble in both PVP and PVE. I'm definitely not a top tier PVPer nor do I run in top tier PVE trial guilds.

I would say that some PVPers have a tendency to be a little "toxic" during some events- but then again- you're always going to have toxic players. Remember when Imperial City first came out and groups of players would stealth next to the IC entrance in Cyrodiil? Lame.

As for PVEers- I think there is the meta-chasing guilds that expect you to wear specific gear for tanking/healing/DPS and that's pretty damn boring. I guess if someone wants to be that competitive- that's their prerogative. But as others have pointed out- working for a perfect rotation for hours is about as fun as raking sand.

I'll stick with having fun with my guildies in PVP and PVE. I'm still going to Teabag my Guild Leader if he dies in Cyrodiil or a trial, though. :D

Edited by Savos_Saren on May 15, 2019 1:13AM
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Mr_Walker you should re-read what he said. He was PvPing and going where he knew players were that similarly chose to enter the same contract to be engaged by other players upon accepting queue into the zone. Then upon receiving “hate texts” and threats he left for the remainder of the event, implying he wasn’t there more than a day. So no, he did leave them alone because they couldn’t mentally and emotionally cope with pvping. So when he was respectful by stopping and not continuing to troll, he hoped he’d receive the same kind of respectful treatment in pve that he gave others... and he noted he didn’t, so he didn’t make an ordeal out of it, he just didn’t participate.

Yes, I'm sure it was all an innocent mistake, and unlike most PvPers hanging out in towns, he wasn't there for easy kills. All just a misunderstanding. I am sure no one is more upset about it than he was.