Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Rebuttal to “top tier pvpers griefing”

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Veinblood1965 yet here you are.

Good point, cannot argue with the facts.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killing people in loading screens is unsportsmanlike and boring. I can speak from experience. I've done it before when resource towers had doors, but even then those players were looking to pvp. Zos took the easy approach in addressing this and only took doors out of towers as a fix instead of addressing the problem another way. You can have more fun pvping in the towns against people who actually want to fight anyway.

https://youtu.be/jn2CXnJbMaQ

Idk why people waste there time for cheap laughs and easy slaughter unless they are jonesing for ap, but even then you can make more ap other ways.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a primarily PvE player who wanders into PvP occasionally I completely agree with the OP's sentiment.

I'm the minority that loves IC because of the increased threat that you can lose all your gains in 5 seconds so it adds to the excitement. I'm not really "afraid" that anything PvE can actually kill me unless I'm careless.
    I'm not really the "collector" type so I could care less about this event in particular. I farm Telvar - and accept the penalty for not paying attention to my surroundings and getting ganked - even during combat with a boss I accept it as part of the game.

Now, having said that ....

But hey - PvP guys ... you should be more creative.
    Let them pay some "protection" for safe passage.
    Or let them grovel or dance for passage, lol.
    Or make up some bs quests they have to fulfill for passage through your domain.
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Metafae wrote: »
    I was thinking people could use this as an opportunity to hire mercenaries to protect you while you quest, just pay some good PVP players to give you safe passage.
    You don't need to. We're always looking for a good small scale fight. Just type in zone chat there is people griefing you and someone will come running.

1,000% this.

If you're getting griefed, that gives us a target to go fight. We hang out near the town's during this event because there's going to be people there. We want fights, you tell us where the fights are, we go engage in them.

It really blew my mind how many people were around on Saturday just complaining in Zone chat on DC about AD and EP camping them without even calling out a location, numbers, names, etc in Zone chat before losing their ***. Say something, plenty of us will come and at least attempt to help you.
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiding behind a closed door waiting to gank people is not PvP. Tell yourself whatever you want, everyone knows it is cheesy.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Hiding behind a closed door waiting to gank people is not PvP. Tell yourself whatever you want, everyone knows it is cheesy.
    Of course it is. It may not be PVP you prefer, but it is valid AvA gameplay. Ganking and ambushes are part of this game. And come on, it can only be a surprise once.

When resource towers had doors, every group did this. It still happens frequently every day when a courtyard is overrun during a keep take and reinforcements are ambushed as they enter doors.

I am shocked by the level of coddling here. PVE loot box grinders are not an oppressed people attacked while seeking refuge. They are treasure hunters being hunted as they seek to profit in a hostile area. They have other options. They choose to be there.
    Edited by zyk on April 23, 2019 10:57AM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Of course it is. It may not be PVP you prefer, but it is valid AvA gameplay. Ganking and ambushes are part of this game. And come one, it can only be a surprise once.

When resource towers had doors, every group did this. It still happens frequently every day when a courtyard is overrun during a keep take and reinforcements are ambushed as they enter doors.

I am shocked by the level of coddling here. PVE loot box grinders are not an oppressed people attacked while seeking refuge. They are treasure hunters being hunted as they seek to profit in a hostile area. They have other options. They choose to be there.

There is a world of difference between ambushing at a keep, resource or anywhere else and hiding behind a closed door where people have to load in.

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a world of difference between ambushing at a keep, resource or anywhere else and hiding behind a closed door where people have to load in.
    It's not a full zone in like a delve, it's just a remote interior. But even then, camping the entrance to a delve is 100% legit. When Cyro delves were BIS for grinding CP, having to deal with that was a normal thing.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a full zone in like a delve, it's just a remote interior. But even then, camping the entrance to a delve is 100% legit. When Cyro delves were BIS for grinding CP, having to deal with that was a normal thing.

And what did ZOS do in IC to combat that? That's right they added immunity at the doors.

• SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ackwalan because unlike the buildings in cyro, the load screens have long times.

Do you not understand that preparation equals success? Are you going to knowingly enter a dangerous area or scenario without a plan IRL? No, I hope not.

When you know contact with a hostile force is likely, you should plan and prepare for it to have increased chance at success or you’ll be punished by those who planned and prepared better than you.

For all those complaining, it is my opinion that they do not understand one simple idea and that is nothing in life worth having is free. All things you desire must be earned to some degree and many times your competing against another person.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    KILL ALL SPARE NONE !
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And what did ZOS do in IC to combat that? That's right they added immunity at the doors.

And if they wanted to, they could do that in Cyrodiil. Still could do that, even though it was a problem last year and they didn't change anything. It would prevent some scroll trolling as well.

Still, until ZOS either changes it or says ita an exploit, its a valid form of gameplay. Not one I enjoy, but a valid form. There's lota of PVP gameplay I don't enjoy but nonetheless accept as valid.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may be a valid tactic but it's still unsportsmanlike.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Oi, to be fair, sometimes when you jump off the tower its just to heal, except the heal don't work :D
    I usually jump off cliffs if a scouting objective was far away and I'm itching to turn in my report. About 50 gold in repairs is a small price to pay for a hyperlane taxi. If someone was chasing me for the AP, I apologize - I most probably didn't notice them. The ride back home provided by an enemy player through killing me is just as fast, so I really don't mind.

PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TBois so is zerging...
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TBois so is zerging...

In some cases, yes.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If only war was sportsmanlike....
    EU | PC | AD
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if only this was war...?

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    if only this was war...?

Alliance War. It's right there in the name dummy
    EU | PC | AD
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a game. I believe overarching gaming norms apply.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I mean, let's not kid ourselves. It's virtual seal clubbing. Stop trying to justify this *** - the only reason to camp PVErs is because you're an *** which I freely admit I am.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    I mean, let's not kid ourselves. It's virtual seal clubbing. Stop trying to justify this *** - the only reason to camp PVErs is because you're an *** which I freely admit I am.

But damn it feels good to be an arsehole.

Oh and the AP. The AP is literally better than zerging keeps atm. You get like 2k AP for each of those PvErs when you solo them. Go to Crops, murder 10 people questing in 2-3 mins...BOOM 20k AP.

EU | PC | AD
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streega wrote: »
    I'm sorry, OP, but you are aiming at wrong people. PvE "elitists" are usually very good at PvP as well, or at least decent. It is not the "elitists" who you bring your revenge on, but the more casual and nicer ones - like me. There are dozens of "casual" PvE guilds open for everybody (including mine), which do dungeons and trials not for scores, but just to have fun and get the cool gear. As long as you are kind and mature, we would help you to complete any PvE content - doesn't matter if you are inexperienced, handicapped, old, slow - we will wait for you and explain every mechanic.
    And it is us, the nicest and most helpful PvErs who you grief on, not the "toxic PvE gods". And I know you don't care, because you are just an a-hole looking for excuses to justify your petty gank. Anyway, this thread is pointless - nothing will change the fact that you do it not for any particular reason, but just because you can, and you that don't give a single fork about your fellow gamers.

Wow! Exceptionally well said.

I’ll always help people and I’ve had to ‘tuck it back’ to let people pass when they ‘accidentally on purpose’ attack me and get half packed up by one return attack from me; still I realise they’re just scared or whatever - and I sheathe my staves and /wave or something and try to let them just carry on.

Most PVEers who do end game things (trial HMs etc) can wreck most pvpers in their default/divines/trials gear.

Pvpers salt all over people who cannot do that; and they know it.

They can tell by how they don’t get instagibbed.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Maulkin right.
    @usmcjdking isn’t it nice when civilians say not to compare real war and a game, when the same principles apply?

I do not get why people don’t understand that cyrodiil is Player vs Player and you enter the contract to knowingly be attacked at any moment and the cost is potentially playing the horse simulator for your loss... the population density is most dense around the towns right now. So if you want to fight players and not siege, it makes most sense to go to the towns. Many people play only to fight players and don’t like siege or fighting npcs... this is not a hard concept... it’s only hard for people who want things freely handed to them or afraid of a challenge.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm generally opposed to activities that promote people not PVPing.

These people aren't PVPing anyways so....carte blanche.
  • Edirt_seliv
    Edirt_seliv
    ✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    It's a game. I believe overarching gaming norms apply.

What overarching gaming norms? Unsportsmanlike behavior is part of the video game appeal. To escape social obligations that apply in reality.

Farming lols is as valid as any other reason to pvp. Sounds like your door gankers came out on top.
    Edited by Edirt_seliv on April 23, 2019 10:29PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AGREED. Jerk here as witness by another fellow seal clubbing jerk.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Edirt_seliv
    Edirt_seliv
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

There needs to be a seal clubbing simulator. Someone make this happen.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

There needs to be a seal clubbing simulator. Someone make this happen.

You mean low MMR BGs?
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual