The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rebuttal to “top tier pvpers griefing”

SkysOutThizeOut
SkysOutThizeOut
✭✭✭✭
Toxic pver’s, farmers, and housing people all talk down and belittle pvpers when they try to show interest in those things. You don’t just let the new pvpers into your trials, they have to meet a litany of requirements or dps tests and even then... but it’s understandable, because that’s the content. Same can be said for PvP

And now you knowingly enter the domain that is pvp to farm for items to earn a fake outfit. And you want it handed to you, you want it freely, you don’t want to earn it. You don’t want to learn how to survive, to learn how to pvp. You don’t plan to come back. You are just entering this zone to feed an addiction. A zone that has litttle to offer, besides an experience that many of us enjoy. Then you call us “griefers” because you chose to enter our area and don’t want to play the game you entered.

You pvers don’t want to pvp. If you did you wouldn’t pvdoor zerg the map and saturate it so that it’s all one color and one faction pop locked. If you wanted to pvp you wouldn’t attempt to jump off cliffs or towers to prevent a pvper from the killing blow. Climb the tower in crops and attempt to jump off rather than fight to only learn you can’t jump off that tower... lol you never planned to pvp at all...

You don’t have to pvp to get top tier pve gear. PvPers have to pve to get the best pvp gear though and we have to earn it and figure it out. You are coming here for an item you may never even use.

We will take advantage of the opportunity to earn easy ap, to see how many bad pvers it takes to bring us down, and to kill as many as we can with the best kdr we can because we are playing for an experience.

Just like we pvpers don’t get a free ride in your trials, you’ll not get a free ride in our campaigns, where the name of the game is Player vs Player.
Edited by SkysOutThizeOut on April 22, 2019 11:30AM
  • ItsNebula
    ItsNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the best forum posts ive read.

PvErs expect to be good at PvP without putting in the effort. Lots of us skilled small scale / solo PvPers put in probably a good 1k+ hours easily.. i know i have. Got 5k some hours in ESO, at LEAST 2-2.5k being in PvP.

PvErs are just good at whining and give a good laugh for the hate whispers :p
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao... “hey, some min/max nerds made me jump thru hoops to get in an elite PvE trial so now I’m gonna farm u relentlessly in an unfair manner when u try to complete quest and turn them in to NPCs in Cyro.”

Are you kidding with this thread? There is already a robust discussion there about it. Post your rebuttal there. Why start a new thread??

• SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Enkil sure... we can make it like it’s all revenge, but turn about is fair play.

unfair? You must not understand how pvp works... :neutral:
    Edited by SkysOutThizeOut on April 22, 2019 3:46AM
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Enkil unfair? You must not understand how pvp works... :neutral:

The topic of that thread u are rebutting is geared PvPers going to towns and camping them in numbers so that ungeared, unskilled, new to PvP players are killed almost instantly and cannot even complete what they have originally set out to do. Often it’s involved exploiting the fact there is a loading screen on entering...

Griefing is not PvP!

Edited by Enkil on April 22, 2019 4:40AM
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Enkil I didn’t know that 1/2/3 v 5-15 was unfair... to the larger group.... I’m in the smaller one. Also! By that logic you would call the zergs in cyrodiil griefers when they chase down 1 person relentlessly?... why now start a crusade to label that sort of gameplay, that I don’t partake, as griefing?
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ... Did you call housing people toxic?
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @CP5 yeah I’ve seen the discord chats for some.... and damn lol. I had no idea... was a surprise to me.
  • hobicabobjob
    hobicabobjob
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have the perfected trial gear because I won't put time into learning rotations, studying mechanics, or practicing with a group. Basically I want the gear and skins, but don't want to do the content. Not getting it doesn't seem too unfair to me though.

In cyrodiil the objective is to gain AP. You can do that by being good at flipping keeps, or good at killing players.

The ones who are better at flipping keeps will make quest farming more difficult due to long routes to your objectives. They're not really trying to make it hard on you, they're just completing their objectives.

The ones who are better at killing are going to hang out where the players are. They're not being toxic, they're earning AP.

Sorry you are having trouble getting the outfit style. I've got it listed in rawl ka if you'd like.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Enkil that’s cute you edited your post because I defeated your argument. Should have clipped it I guess. And that same loading screen thing still happens to pvpers, especially with scrolls and IC. Not an issue for you until now?
  • Gunzork
    Gunzork
    ✭✭
    This post is all I think about this...
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @hobicabobjob lol nicely said.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've literally never once seen someone NOT enthused to help someone else get into housing. I've seen absolutely nothing but an avalanche of helpful tips whenever someone asks for farming advice. Yeah there are idiots/aholes doing trials, there are going to be those in either aspect of the game, but leave housing/farming out of that.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Minyassa I wish I could remember the name of the guild I’m referring to for the housing.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Minyassa I wish I could remember the name of the guild I’m referring to for the housing.

I wish you could too because that's a ridiculous thing and I wouldn't sell them any of my furniture. Housing is like the last bastion of positivity in this entire game, people need to not be mucking that up as there is nowhere else to go after that.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wtf, how many of these open letters are we going to do. If I didn’t know better I’d assume everyone participating in PvP week on both sides are about 10.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko well I was told I was being reported for griefing multiple times tonight for the simple act of pvping to complete my pvp kill quests in cyro. So.......
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko well I was told I was being reported for griefing multiple times tonight for the simple act of pvping to complete my pvp kill quests in cyro. So.......

I get it. But obviously nothings going to change with this forum back and forth. Maybe if everyone just cooled off a bit. PvErs need to understand there’s griefers out there and to look for empty campaigns if they can or take appropriate measures. And as a PvPer if your thing is going out of your way to make it a pain for people to do quests by doing things like hiding inside houses and planting AoEs constantly, well then I’m sorry you don’t have anything better to do but be a ***. I’m not saying you were doing that, but people getting pissed at you for a normal fight are probably angry because you’ve got these trolls out there *** things up for everybody.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hehe... Rebuttal...

... Butt.

Heh.
  • lostcloud
    lostcloud
    ✭✭✭
    Elitist *** pvp pve same tar same brush.

but good post OP
    Nocturnal (AD AvA Oceanic guild, still kicking after 5 years) Formed in 1999 DAoC Beta now in our 21st year.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dont condone either griefers or pve elitists in any game. They are both toxic and neither do anything but make others as bitter as them. Your attitude, OP, of " You do it to us so payback time!" is part of the problem and none of the solution. I dont agree with how pvpers are treated by elitists pvers but it doesnt give those same pvpers the right to treat every pver that way.

Chances are the people that are being griefed are not even close to ones who care about dps tests and criteria to play with them. Those people, that you so despise, are unlikely to step foot into your little sanctuary. Those people will wait out the week until they can once again do PVE in a situation in which they have control because they are narcissists.

The people you are griefing will be the ones who would welcome you into their groups in PVE and would be tolerant of any shortcomings you may have within reason. All you are doing are turning them into bitter elitists that will hate pvpers as they get griefed constantly.

I am not saying you shouldnt kill them. But there is a difference it doing attacks on people at a hub and trying to cap it and hiding at a quest destination and waiting for an unsuspecting person to become occupied with something else before CC them to death. The latter makes you no better than the elitists you so despise. Congrats.
  • BloodBeast_ESO
    BloodBeast_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Toxic pver’s, farmers, and housing people all talk down and belittle pvpers when they try to show interest in those things. You don’t just let the new pvpers into your trials, they have to meet a litany of requirements or dps tests and even then...

And now you knowingly enter the domain that is pvp to farm for items to earn a fake outfit. And you want it handed to you, you want it freely, you don’t want to earn it. You don’t want to learn how to survive, to learn how to pvp. You don’t plan to come back. You are just entering this zone to feed an addiction. A zone that has litttle to offer, besides an experience that many of us enjoy. Then you call us “griefers” because you chose to enter our area and don’t want to play the game you entered.

You pvers don’t want to pvp. If you did you wouldn’t pvdoor zerg the map and saturate it so that it’s all one color and one faction pop locked. If you wanted to pvp you wouldn’t attempt to jump off cliffs or towers to prevent a pvper from the killing blow. Climb the tower in crops and attempt to jump off rather than fight to only learn you can’t jump off that tower... lol you never planned to pvp at all...

You don’t have to pvp to get top tier pve gear. PvPers have to pve to get the best pvp gear though and we have to earn it and figure it out. You are coming here for an item you may never even use.

We will take advantage of the opportunity to earn easy ap, to see how many bad pvers it takes to bring us down, and to kill as many as we can with the best kdr we can because we are playing for an experience.

Just like we pvpers don’t get a free ride in your trials, you’ll not get a free ride in our campaigns, where the name of the game is Player vs Player.

Spot on 100%
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even I know that if I go into Cyrodiil, I have to at least slot skills that will help me get out of a pickle if someone wants to kill me. I might not bother changing out of my PVE gear, but I will change my skills to help me survive better and in some cases hold my own against the lesser skilled PVP players.

But I know if I come across an average PVP player, I'm screwed, and I either have to move on to a different area, or do something else entirely. I know my limits, and Cyrodiil does not belong to PVE players.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oi, to be fair, sometimes when you jump off the tower its just to heal, except the heal don't work :D

That and if you happen to accidentally roll off you take massive damage instead of normal fall damage and it seems to happen more reliably when you have major expedition on while rolling (possibly a bug, but since it would be a physics one doubt that will ever be fixed).

I once rolled off the second level of a tower and took over 20K fall damage. Just today in BGs I rolled off a second level and took 24K fall damage...
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Can we vote for that person? Cyrodiil president inc, OP post.
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    I once rolled off the second level of a tower and took over 20K fall damage. Just today in BGs I rolled off a second level and took 24K fall damage...

Those numbers don't mean anything without knowing your max health.
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, OP, but you are aiming at wrong people. PvE "elitists" are usually very good at PvP as well, or at least decent. It is not the "elitists" who you bring your revenge on, but the more casual and nicer ones - like me. There are dozens of "casual" PvE guilds open for everybody (including mine), which do dungeons and trials not for scores, but just to have fun and get the cool gear. As long as you are kind and mature, we would help you to complete any PvE content - doesn't matter if you are inexperienced, handicapped, old, slow - we will wait for you and explain every mechanic.
    And it is us, the nicest and most helpful PvErs who you grief on, not the "toxic PvE gods". And I know you don't care, because you are just an a-hole looking for excuses to justify your petty gank. Anyway, this thread is pointless - nothing will change the fact that you do it not for any particular reason, but just because you can, and you that don't give a single fork about your fellow gamers.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Kadoin lol I feel ya man. Same boat with those roll dodges or getting stuck in sprint and going right off.

@Anotherone773 you said “griefers,” it’s called pvpers. I no longer try to say zergs are griefing me because they won’t let me 1vX... it’s part of cyro.

@Streega I’m not a nb ;) and because I “hurt” feelings for killing you in a pvp zone because your chasing after some “collectible” that is extremely insignificant makes me the ***. The guy playing the game of PvP is the *** becaue you entered the PvP area and your feelings got hurt because you were made to PvP.

@Metafae exactly. Ran into this tank that was there to quest. Did no damage but was unkillable by all accounts. I said “good on ya, good day, and good luck.” That person came in prepared. They used the time they knew of the event to prepare for the pvp zone and so they earned the ability to quest in peace. They were a benefit to their fellow questers when they tied me up for 10 minutes until I got zerged down, which I did not complain about. That is a smart tactic. But when I went back... I made sure not to waste attack’s on that hero of the questers.
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking people could use this as an opportunity to hire mercenaries to protect you while you quest, just pay some good PVP players to give you safe passage.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metafae wrote: »
    I was thinking people could use this as an opportunity to hire mercenaries to protect you while you quest, just pay some good PVP players to give you safe passage.
    You don't need to. We're always looking for a good small scale fight. Just type in zone chat there is people griefing you and someone will come running.