Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

We've been scamed, I want my money back - Monster Mask set Weapon Packs with tickets

• Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    Nighn_9 wrote: »
    rynth wrote: »
    It's not a scam, but I'm sure that if you submit a ticket and are respectful and courteous they very likely will give you a refund. Calling them out on forums is not a step in that direction.

if you ask for refunds, and get your refund, they will ban your account. trust me

This^ is absolutely true. I had an account I had been using since beta and let a girl I was dating play a character on that account, the day we broke up I found out shed used my debit card to buy roughly $300 dollars worth of crowns but hadnt spent them. I contacted ZoS asking to refund my money and take the crowns back. They returned my money and instantly banned my account. Customer service told me I could only have the account unbanned if I paid the $300 back to ZoS. I got a new account.

So they banned that account because of someone else having unauthorized purchases? Instead of just removing crowns from the account?
    Royaji wrote: »
    It's not a scam, but I'm sure that if you submit a ticket and are respectful and courteous they very likely will give you a refund. Calling them out on forums is not a step in that direction.

if you ask for refunds, and get your refund, they will ban your account. trust me

This^ is absolutely true. I had an account I had been using since beta and let a girl I was dating play a character on that account, the day we broke up I found out shed used my debit card to buy roughly $300 dollars worth of crowns but hadnt spent them. I contacted ZoS asking to refund my money and take the crowns back. They returned my money and instantly banned my account. Customer service told me I could only have the account unbanned if I paid the $300 back to ZoS. I got a new account.

So... you basically sent an email to support straight up admitting that you have been violating their ToS. And you got into a situation that would've never happened if you were to follow ToS and you want a refund? That was actually really nice of them to give you that refund before banning the account...

It wasn't the refund that got you banned.

And yet Customer Service offered me the account back for 300 bucks. Good fanboying though. Top notch stuff.

The one that offered the account back for the $ that was spent should be fired tbh, since they just went against the ToS

"No Sharing of accounts"

Sharing of accounts doesnt apply to someone sitting down at your computer and pushing buttons on your character. Customer service agreed on that point and made the appropriate call. The whiteknighting is neither necessary or appreciated hy ZoS nor is it the topic of this thread.

It does indeed, anyone on your account at any given time no matter if your near them or not it is account sharing and against the ToS

Weird that ZoS disagrees with you on what their terms means.
    Options
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billdor wrote: »
    In patch note 5.0.1 it says there will be a Dungeon Event where we will be able to get the shoulders and masks from thier respective chests and dungeon bosses. But it also says the following:

"Shadowrend, Ilambris, Molag Kena, and Grothdarr style pages for mask, shoulders, and weapons will also be available from the Impresario during the event, for Event Tickets. Earn your tickets during the event and you can complete your look with the Impresario’s offerings."

The weapons from the Weapon Packs we bought in the Crown Store with REAL MONEY is possible to buy with tickets, a in game currency. This is not right, there was no information that the Weapons Packs would be avaible with a in game currency, something which if I'd known I would never have bought the Weapon Packs with REAL MONEY. Its even worse, because, and I think it was the case for many that did buy the Weapon Packs, I just wanted 1 of the weapons in the pack.

I created a ticket about this, but I am also making a forum post about it so that ZOS notices and sees that this is not the sway to creat a loyal costumer and devoted player, things that are Crown Store exclusive should remain that way.
    ZOS I want my money back, and for you to respect me as a costumer in the future.

If you agree that this is a scam, simply write "I want my money back ZOS"

Just a quick FYI, you paid for a license to buy a license. When buying Crowns, ZoS explains you don't own the currency but "rent" a license to use it.

Same with your account, infact ANY digital property (games, movies, music) we rent. Only way to own them is to have a hard copy. But accounts never truely belong to the person per the ULA.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
    Options
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There customer support usually very helpful and quick to respond at least that’s my experience
    Options
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do feel for Zos a little, they sell it only in crown store.....people rant..

They let you get it in game.....people rant...

-hair pulling moment-
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So they banned that account because of someone else having unauthorized purchases? Instead of just removing crowns from the account?

So... you basically sent an email to support straight up admitting that you have been violating their ToS. And you got into a situation that would've never happened if you were to follow ToS and you want a refund? That was actually really nice of them to give you that refund before banning the account...

And yet Customer Service offered me the account back for 300 bucks. Good fanboying though. Top notch stuff.

The one that offered the account back for the $ that was spent should be fired tbh, since they just went against the ToS

"No Sharing of accounts"

Sharing of accounts doesnt apply to someone sitting down at your computer and pushing buttons on your character. Customer service agreed on that point and made the appropriate call. The whiteknighting is neither necessary or appreciated hy ZoS nor is it the topic of this thread.

It does indeed, anyone on your account at any given time no matter if your near them or not it is account sharing and against the ToS

Source?
    Options
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    LOL...its only cosmetics OP!

It's real money
    Options
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel it is a scam because there was no information about them becoming avaible with in game currency at a later date, if there was a disclaimer about it I would never have bought them at all

Out of curiosity if this logic applies one way why doesn't it apply the other for you?

ZOS never claimed that the items wouldn't ever be unavailable without crowns either, therefore the assumption of the possibility of them becoming available for non-crowns at a later date seems like a safe one?

Just saying... if you apply logic one way you also need to consider logic in the reverse.
    Edited by Kittytravel on April 24, 2019 9:02PM
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    I don't see any problem with something that was/is available in the Crown Store to then be made available from the Impressario. It's unlikely you could get enough tickets to buy them anyway without buying tickets with crowns unless you don't bother with the feathers, berries, or pets. Even then are they going to cost, what, 5 tickets? 10 tickets? Most events only give out like 24 tickets or so. As I said, you would be spending crowns for tickets.

"Shadowrend, Ilambris, Molag Kena, and Grothdarr style pages for mask, shoulders, and weapons will also be available from the Impresario during the event, for Event Tickets. Earn your tickets during the event and you can complete your look with the Impresario’s offerings."

Once we get to Valkyn Skoria in a few months, or DLC dungeons down the road, that will encourage more people to just wait for the Impresario to obtain in-game rewards.

Troll King's mask is hovering around 2 million gold on PC-NA. Trading for 10 event tickets would be closer to 500,000 gold. I'd rather save 1.5 million on the Bind on Pickup one whenever it becomes available.

The entire Arms Pack has to be available during the event anyway*. Individual pieces at the Impresario isn't a Pack so the Crown Store bundle can't be conveniently overlooked. When you use "inviolably" in copy you had better be prepared to stand by it.

So again, no issue with the individual items as RNG rewards, and no issue with bringing Undaunted styles back.
    The weapons aren't even really an issue because if ticket count becomes an issue I'd just buy the entire Pack. I feel they're worth it. I'm happy to have another chance to pick up the Ilambris weapons - in the Crown Store.

The huge issue is how the Impresario makes running the veteran dungeon for the mask style unattractive unless you're farming to sell multiple copies. And is there even motivation to do that anymore? It undermines the normal method of acquisition more than it should.

h8pGXXD.jpg

Where did you get that quote? Source please? Is engine Guardian included?
    What event are you all talking about? The one starting on Thursday?
    Edited by max_only on April 24, 2019 9:10PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

"No Sharing of accounts"

Source?

The whole story doesn't make sense tbh. How was he supposed to pay ZOS back the $300? Buy another stack of crown? There have been other users showing that ZOS has the ability to remove crowns from your account so there was no reason for ZOS to hold his account in the first place. There's either some important details missing or the whole thing is fabricated.
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Where did you get that quote? Source please? Is engine Guardian included?
    What event are you all talking about? The one starting on Thursday?

Possibly a Q3 event, currently on PTS for evaluation. Doesn't pertain to the current Anniversary event.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/470269/pts-patch-notes-v5-0-1
    signing off
    Options
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

"No Sharing of accounts"

Source?

The whole story doesn't make sense tbh. How was he supposed to pay ZOS back the $300? Buy another stack of crown? There have been other users showing that ZOS has the ability to remove crowns from your account so there was no reason for ZOS to hold his account in the first place. There's either some important details missing or the whole thing is fabricated.

Some people here just like to whine about ZoS because it gets them attention. Pitchfork mob mentality and all that. I asked for mail prints as proof, was ignored. Not my business, indeed, but if you claim ZoS is dishonest, you gotta show proof, right? So the dude wants our support against ZoS, but doesn't show us proof, and expects us to join out of hate only. Major fail. Only reason why I doubt the dude is because of the whole story is so funny smelling...
    Options
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally, with mmos, assume everything that was once available, will be made available again in the future, at a cheaper price or with another means of obtaining it. typically it takes a year, only pay for things if you can't wait a year.
    Options
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If this is a scam its the best scam ever. Finally those of us who werent playing when they did these bull**** "exclusives" will have a chance to get them. this is a scam I can get behind!
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
    Options
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1 A blockbuster movie comes out - you pay $ 18.00 to go see it. ONCE

2 3 months (or less) later it comes out on Netflix, Cable, etc for purchase You can buy it for $25.00 and own it.

3 Another few weeks later you can rent it for $5.00 or less

3. Another few weeks go by and you can watch it on HBO for your monthly subscription price.

4 Another few weeks go and you can watch it for free on a network station.

5 12 years down the road you can watch it on BBC IF you can get reception ( a joke for my Brit friends )

It's not a scam - it's marketing to pull every last drop of profit out of ANY product or service. You can insert any product and come up with essentially the same formula.
    Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"No Sharing of accounts"

If someone is sitting in front of your computer and pushing buttons they can't buy 300$ worth of crowns without you knowing that. Definitely not on the day of your break up. She at least had to know your login/password to do that. Something does not add up, huh?
    Options
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 A blockbuster movie comes out - you pay $ 18.00 to go see it. ONCE

2 3 months (or less) later it comes out on Netflix, Cable, etc for purchase You can buy it for $25.00 and own it.

3 Another few weeks later you can rent it for $5.00 or less

3. Another few weeks go by and you can watch it on HBO for your monthly subscription price.

4 Another few weeks go and you can watch it for free on a network station.

5 12 years down the road you can watch it on BBC IF you can get reception ( a joke for my Brit friends )

It's not a scam - it's marketing to pull every last drop of profit out of ANY product or service. You can insert any product and come up with essentially the same formula.

Yes, it's all marketing - the clearly labeled "limited time only" and "exclusive" wording and such. In this case, as a consumer who purchased multiple different weapon packs, my understanding was that it was as they said "limited time crown store only" for the weapon packs. Okay, I got what I ordered digitally and I have the weapon styles now and applied it to outfits. However as a buyer, I've learned NOT to buy these items again because it will be MUCH better just getting the tickets for the staff / whatever one piece I want, or farming it in game. Overall, people who haven't bought the weapon packs for IRL money will be happy because they didn't buy it. What about the paying customers? I can 100% see why OP feels scammed based on how these items were originally marketed. Personally, yes, I should've known better and now here I am. Sitting with 30k crowns and not buying the engine guardian pack. In the future even with crowns on sale, I probably will not purchase any more crowns either. If I resub, then that'll be my source of crowns. See how some paying customers like OP & I are now hesitant to purchase weapon packs and items because of this kind of marketing promotion? They've implemented basically the reverse of what FFXIV does, where you get items free in game from an event (like a flying car mount or an outfit) and if you miss it from that event later they will sell it in the store (likely to be $5-$30).

The movie vs digital content item is not quite the same analogy by the way, because going out to the cinema & buying tickets, with upsells / optional items such as food & drinks is an experience and event you go to in real life. The only comparable item is the digital copy of that movie you mentioned. That's like if they said this movie will be exclusive to Netflix platform only for a limited time, then down the road they change it and make it available to literally everybody even if they aren't accessing it on Netflix.

Another case last year where they used the same "limited time, crown store exclusive" marketing type promotion is the white fledgling griffon pet in December. They said if you purchase gifts for at least 2 friends over a limited time, using the crown store to spend x amount on these gifts, you will receive this pet. That was the only way to get the pet. Later on, it was available in January for anybody to buy. A little later they tried this again where you get a pink pig if you do crown store gifting. I absolutely did not buy any gifts for anyone even if I wanted the pig. And in the future, I will not be sending any crown store gifts to anybody anymore, nope not using IRL money. I'll gift guildies something else like a digital game code for another game. That could easily have been any ESO cosmetic.
    Options
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I feel it is a scam because there was no information about them becoming avaible with in game currency at a later date, if there was a disclaimer about it I would never have bought them at all

ZoS isn't allowed to change their mind?

Is it not a strong possibility that at the time you purchased the cosmetic, there were no plans to offer the cosmetic through in-game activity?

And is it also not a strong possibility that ZoS now is now considering re-releasing a discontinued Crown Store cosmetic?

And further considering that Zenimax Media has more than 1,500 employees (2017 data), is it not a strong possibility that new ideas may be presented to management?

It seems to me that applying Occam's Razor suggests that it is more likely ZoS has changed their minds... rather than your position that when Monster Arms Packs were conceived, ZoS also conceived a nefarious plan to 'scam' you out of cold, hard cash.

Truly, at times this community appears deranged.
    Options
  • ilcavallo
    ilcavallo
    ✭✭✭
    Are these bound though? Because I'm all for using my tickets to purchase and flip them for gold
    Options
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "limited time, crown store exclusive"

You said it yourself - it's a crown store exclusive, for a limited time. Then you can acquire it a different way.

It's ALL in the verbiage...

Options
  • JadeCoin
    JadeCoin
    ✭✭✭✭
    ilcavallo wrote: »
    Are these bound though? Because I'm all for using my tickets to purchase and flip them for gold

So far all items purchased with tickets are bound, even if non-bound versions of the same things are available through other means. The Companion styles, for example. I don't really see that changing.
    Options
  • ilcavallo
    ilcavallo
    ✭✭✭
    JadeCoin wrote: »
    ilcavallo wrote: »

So far all items purchased with tickets are bound, even if non-bound versions of the same things are available through other means. The Companion styles, for example. I don't really see that changing.

Thanks. That's cool. I'm just not sure what to get with my tickets
    Options
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lets all be honest here, anyone worth their salt can clearly see this was deceptive marketing and unethical in the most basic sense.

I’m of the opinion more things should be awarded in-game, but not when they’ve already been sold under the premise that the exact same item wouldn’t be available for free in the future.

The only items slightly comparable are the basic mounts, available by buying with 40k gold from a vendor, or through the crown store. However, the horse was never ONLY in the crown store while not being available in-game.

In fact, nothing that isn’t a consumable has an in-game copy of it besides those three horses. Horse riding lessons compare to simply paying to upgrade, but they can both be used simultaneously. Exp scrolls compare to Psijic Ambrosia, but both can be used simultaneously.

Hell, even the Pyadoneon motif was given an in-game equivalent at the time of release in crates, so people could decide if they wanted to fish for it, pay for it, or buy it off traders.

You cannot use two copies of the same collectible.

There is absolutely zero precedent for a one-time collectible purchase to be found in the crown store AND in-game. Since there was no indication these style pages would be any different, of course the majority of people were working under the previous rule set that crown store items would remain crown purchases only.

An apt comparison would be the Psijic house. If that house had been placed on sale before that Summerfall event for crowns only, people understandably would have thought it functions like every other crown exclusive house, in that it wouldn’t be made available for gold or in-game at all. When that rule gets broken without notice and no hints at all, people would very reasonably be upset.

Those New Life Boxes I have reservations about, but generally because the odds were so low, most people were content to have circumvented the RNG. This new issue however, involves no guessing, it’s simply crown store items, now out for a freely obtained in-game currency.

From here on to satisfy as many people as possible and PR their way somewhat out of this massive hole they’re digging, ZOS should reimburse players who purchased those style pages sets under false pretenses of exclusivity, a rule which has only now been broken. They should also CLEARLY announce if future style pages will or will not become available for in-game currency at a later date, so players will have full knowledge when making purchasing decisions.
    Options
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "limited time, crown store exclusive"

You said it yourself - it's a crown store exclusive, for a limited time. Then you can acquire it a different way.

It's ALL in the verbiage...

@Bouldercleave
    The weapons pack for each event was a "crown store exclusive" - meaning you can't get it as drops in game. If you remember, it was the shoulder from the undaunted chest and the mask from the dungeon that dropped in the game. That was the difference between the shoulder & head motif vs the weapon style pack. The limited time part, meaning the event was going to pass up and they would remove all those things after x amount of time. What OP was asking if you read his post & comments, is a disclaimer that the items would all be available in game later on or separately just one weapon style at a time. Obviously, someone at ZOS decided it makes more sense to target more people through event tickets, by making these items available in game and with the purchaseable tickets. Now, with that being implemented, it will be possible to get separate weapons (ex. staff only) instead of having to buy the lumped weapons pack. It will be possible to get for free from event tickets / farming / buying tickets. Can you imagine if they made all this available as in game drops first, then take it away later and sell it in the crown store? Overall, I don't think it's a scam like OP claims because like I said, the items I purchased were delivered to me digitally in game and it was as described. However, I can see why it "feels scammy" and I agree with other commenters that it discourages crown spending. I've learned that ZOS' concept of "limited time" and "exclusive" written on the giant banner ads as I log in means that it will be available later for free. It's not quite like the expansions where they're all lumped together later with the other expacs included, that type of pricing in almost all MMOs today is so that new players can come in to the game and not pay for all the old content for $100 upfront.
    Options
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yawns, so this is what we are triggered about today?

At least no one has called the weapons pack P2W yet
    Options
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »
    Yawns, so this is what we are triggered about today?

At least no one has called the weapons pack P2W yet

IT IS! PAY TO WIN! if they have better looking weapons, I'll get angry and thrill win easily, can't you see?! Damn. Such a clear play to win issue, I literally can't even.
    Options
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't get, or share, the outrage. All exclusives are time limited. As long as I'm not losing anything I couldn't care less if someone else has what I have. Actually, I hope they do.
    forever stuck in combat
    Options
  • nomore
    nomore
    Soul Shriven
    In general, these motifs should fall out of bosses, and not be sold per REAL MONEY. I am ready to buy game at x4 rate or pay a monthly subscription, as long as the “content” is worth it.
    Options
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »

Is it not a strong possibility that at the time you purchased the cosmetic, there were no plans to offer the cosmetic through in-game activity?

And is it also not a strong possibility that ZoS now is now considering re-releasing a discontinued Crown Store cosmetic?

And further considering that Zenimax Media has more than 1,500 employees (2017 data), is it not a strong possibility that new ideas may be presented to management?

It seems to me that applying Occam's Razor suggests that it is more likely ZoS has changed their minds... rather than your position that when Monster Arms Packs were conceived, ZoS also conceived a nefarious plan to 'scam' you out of cold, hard cash.

Zenimax may have had 1500 employees in 2017... however... based on the lack of effort they have dedicated into dealing with the bot farmer, gold buyers and sellers, and general QOS, i wouldn't believe that they have more than 15 employees.

It doesn't matter if they changed their mind, what matters is the new precedent that they are setting. Now you will have crown items that are capable of being traded in game.

... and let's not forget the pay to win platform that is also being introduce, by adding skill points to the crown store.
    Options
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »

... and let's not forget the pay to win platform that is also being introduce, by adding skill points to the crown store.

Which by the way is what many people have been begging for for MONTHS.
    Options
  • RusevCrush
    RusevCrush
    ✭✭✭
    I bought every arms pack that came out and was disgusted to hear this news. I'm not going to throw a fit or demand money back. I'm simply not going to buy crown store items anymore. I felt mislead when they sold the Snowcap Fledgling Gryphon immediately after the gifting event. Which they clearly admitted was a mistake by making the next pig gifting event exclusive. Hopefully, they fix this before they break it. Fool me once scenario I guess. Even if they decide not to go through with this I'm done with crowns. My trust has been betrayed.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.