Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elsweyr Healer changes (Informational)

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Mend Wounds: Revamped this ability and its morphs.
The Light and Heavy Attacks no longer trigger the Global Cooldown and can be weaved with other abilities.
No longer cost resources to Light or Heavy Attack with this ability toggled.
Light Attack now heals instantly for the same amount that a Light Attack would damage an enemy.
Heavy Attack still channels and heals every second, but has been reduced to be the same scaling of other weapon's heavy attacks. It now restores Magicka every time it successfully heals an ally.
Mend Spirit (morph): This morph now applies its Major Ward and Resolve to the target healed for 5 seconds, regardless of whether it was a Light or Heavy Attack.
Light's Champion (morph): This ability no longer grants Major Protection. In adjustment to this morph, the duration of the Major Force granted will now increase by 1 second for each rank of the morph, going from a duration of 5 seconds to 8 seconds at Rank IV.
Breath of Life: Fixed an issue where the secondary heal granted from this ability was able to ignore the caster’s line of sight and target players behind them.
Cleansing Ritual: This ability and its morphs will now grant healing and/or damage based on the users' highest offensive stats, rather than just Max Magicka and Spell Damage.
Ritual of Retribution (morph): Fixed an issue where the damage from this morph could not critically strike.

Earthgore: This item set now instantly dispels all negative effects, rather than one. The heal granted from this set now only heals the target with the lowest health in the area, rather than the 6 lowest targets in the area.
Cinder Storm (morph): Increased healing of this ability by approximately 4%.
Negate Magic:
Fixed an issue where this ability would fail to continue suppressing Area of Effect abilities inside of the area.
Corrupting Pollen: This ability no longer applies Major Defile to enemies for 4 seconds inside (which allowed it to bypass the 6 player target cap). Instead, up to 6 enemies inside will be properly afflicted with Major Defile, which will cease once the ability ends or they leave the radius.

Harvest: Fixed an issue where this synergy would not actively update to targets in the area. It will now operate like other synergies, prioritizing the closest players to the center of the area of effect placed. Also increased the radius of the synergy prompt to 5 meters from 3 meters to allow for more accessibility.

Lotus Flower: Increased the radius of the heal from this ability and its morphs to 28 meters from 12 meters to aid in better distributing the healing potential to group members.

Nature's Grasp: This ability and its morphs now scale with your highest offensive stats, rather than just your Max Magicka and Spell Damage.

Incapacitating Strike (morph): This morph will now apply Minor Mangle to the target for the duration of the stun if cast with 120 or more Ultimate.

Surprise Attack: This ability no longer applies Major Fracture. Instead, if you use the ability on the flank of an enemy (behind or at their sides), you reduce their Physical Resistance by 5%. This effect cannot stack, but will always prioritize the highest value

Twilight Remedy: Fixed an issue where activating your own synergy from things such as Haven of Ursus could proc this set.

Chokethorn: Fixed an issue where this set couldn’t proc from the healing of Meditate or its morphs.

Teleport Strike: This ability and its morphs will no longer stun NPC enemies. Instead, targets affected by the initial damage will be afflicted with Minor Vulnerability for 8 seconds. Note that the Minor Vulnerability will apply to both players and NPCs.

Drain Power: Increased the damage of this ability and the Sap Essence morph by 25% to adhere it to our PBAoE damage standards. Ability and Sap Essence now grant Major Sorcery, rather than Brutality, to better represent th

Undocumented Change -Funnel health heals 2 allies now

Toppling Charge (morph): Fixed an issue where this ability and the Explosive Charge morph could not be CC broken until the stagger completed if you were interrupted by the ability. This ability and its morphs will now always apply Off Balance to the target, rather than requiring them to be interrupted, since targets were automatically set Off Balance if interrupted anyway.

Removed the 200ms post global cooldown from cast time abilities. This was done to improve the feeling of using these abilities in rapid succession with other abilities, to allow for a more fluid transition, and less down time between usage. We also made some adjustments to the cast times and power levels of specific abilities, which will be called out on a per case basis in further notes.

Note that channeled beam attacks, such as Soul Assault or Radiant Destruction, retain the post global cooldown, but have had them reduced to 100ms rather than 200ms. This was done to prevent animation errors.

Note: Dark Exchange will be more fluid as it used to be.
Edited by Tasear on April 22, 2019 3:13PM
  • Oumalakasha
    Oumalakasha
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for consolidating this, @Tasear!
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want to try out the new Mend wounds! I am so glad they revamped that skill! Could be really fun but I need to test it. I wonder if it triggers enchants.

If only they could revamp healing ritual...
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on April 15, 2019 8:12PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so excited to use negate.... like it's actually has a purpose in pve now. I am very hyped for this.

I wish they would just give a synergy to cinderstorm. More healing is not going to help it.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does mend wounds proc enchants?
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Kuratius
    Kuratius
    ✭✭✭
    Does mend wounds proc enchants?

I would like it to, but it's the sort of thing I would expect the devs to overlook out of negligence and because they'd have to differentiate between damage and self buff enchants.
    Edited by Kuratius on April 15, 2019 8:34PM
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does Mend Wounds not have a Stamina morph? It's my Stamina support warden that wants/NEEDS this. My magicka healers have enough to play with, already.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The question is if heavy attack from new Mend Wounds is unbashable just like regular heavy attack.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mend wounds changes sound interesting.

Lots of love for stamina players. Why am I not surprised? I can only hope that this scale to highest stat love spreads to all weapon abilities.

Only love I see for mag wardens is the change to Lotus Flower which at least makes it potentially useful for non tanks / melee'ers.

• Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    Why does Mend Wounds not have a Stamina morph? It's my Stamina support warden that wants/NEEDS this. My magicka healers have enough to play with, already.

Because we StamWarden healers have been using Nature´s Embrace for 2 years now. It´s great that ZOS recognized this.
    Edited by Thraben on April 15, 2019 9:36PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    😅 missed somethings

Incapacitating Strike (morph): This morph will now apply Minor Mangle to the target for the duration of the stun if cast with 120 or more Ultimate.

Surprise Attack: This ability no longer applies Major Fracture. Instead, if you use the ability on the flank of an enemy (behind or at their sides), you reduce their Physical Resistance by 5%. This effect cannot stack, but will always prioritize the highest value

Potential support utility for Nightblades
    Edited by Tasear on April 15, 2019 9:54PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically counts

Twilight Remedy: Fixed an issue where activating your own synergy from things such as Haven of Ursus could proc this set.

Chokethorn: Fixed an issue where this set couldn’t proc from the healing of Meditate or its morphs.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mend wounds definitely feels better in gameplay.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar healers incoming?
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Earthgore change is BS. There were any number of ways they could have made a change that would limit its effectiveness in PvP, without gutting it for PvE.

I'm getting really *** sick of PvP changes destroying commonly used endgame sets and skills.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might be color blind for healers. But saw a lot of them on pts today. They will definitely be extremely popular class.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    😓 missed more...

Teleport Strike: This ability and its morphs will no longer stun NPC enemies. Instead, targets affected by the initial damage will be afflicted with Minor Vulnerability for 8 seconds. Note that the Minor Vulnerability will apply to both players and NPCs.

Drain Power: Increased the damage of this ability and the Sap Essence morph by 25% to adhere it to our PBAoE damage standards. Ability and Sap Essence now grant Major Sorcery, rather than Brutality, to better represent th

Undocumented Change -Funnel health heals 2 allies now

• Ollowaiin2
    Ollowaiin2
    ✭✭✭
    How does the effect of negate magick affect its use in PvE?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ollowaiin2 wrote: »
    How does the effect of negate magick affect its use in PvE?

A lot of things... I can think of right away asylum aoe, starfall hrc, bloodroot falling rocks. It really fixes class identity a lot.
  • Ollowaiin2
    Ollowaiin2
    ✭✭✭
    U Tester that stuff or Just Guessing? Negate doesn't Work that way right now and would be a News Identity and use for sorc
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    U Tester that stuff or Just Guessing? Negate doesn't Work that way right now and would be a News Identity and use for sorc

It's changed on pts.

Negate Magic:
    Fixed an issue where this ability would fail to continue suppressing Area of Effect abilities inside of the area.

It's basically same skills so experience on live can care over. Just not it will continue suppressing area of effect abilities. This will work in many situations so Sorc can really change the field.

Tl:DR yeah tested
  • Ollowaiin2
    Ollowaiin2
    ✭✭✭
    I think you didn't get that right. Or at least I can't believe until there is a Video... No offense to you!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you didn't get that right. Or at least I can't believe until there is a Video... No offense to you!

It's in the patch notes there's really nothing to doubt.
  • Ollowaiin2
    Ollowaiin2
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a Bug fix and not new abilities that get negated. Did some1 actually test negating PvE mechanics?
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel surprised that ZOS revamp Mend Wounds so late .

It was a garbage skill since day 1 .

Developer wise .
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a Bug fix and not new abilities that get negated. Did some1 actually test negating PvE mechanics?

They changed the tooltip on pts for it. It's not that new things get negate but things will actually to be continued to be negated. There are many things that this can be used on but nobody ever documeted because who wants 1 sec negate on a aoe when can use war horn or something else instead?

They have worded it like a bug fix but it give sorcs class identity in PvE without a doubt.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »

Developer wise .

It works a lot better now like a lot better.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    ccfeeling wrote: »

Developer wise .

It works a lot better now like a lot better.

Yes , I definitely will rebuild my healer with this skill :)
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They changed the tooltip on pts for it. It's not that new things get negate but things will actually to be continued to be negated. There are many things that this can be used on but nobody ever documeted because who wants 1 sec negate on a aoe when can use war horn or something else instead?

They have worded it like a bug fix but it give sorcs class identity in PvE without a doubt.

Again, did you or anyone else actually test negating PVE mechanics?

Text from the tooltip and patch notes mean nothing when they're written in the most ambiguous way possible. And saying that they can be negated but never have been documented sounds like a cop out.

This would be a big change but I'm very skeptical it's working that way.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, did you or anyone else actually test negating PVE mechanics?

Text from the tooltip and patch notes mean nothing when they're written in the most ambiguous way possible. And saying that they can be negated but never have been documented sounds like a cop out.

This would be a big change but I'm very skeptical it's working that way.

😒 We are skeptical on good things.

Right now on live it does negate mentioned things .. ex elden hollow 2 dragon fire. But only first places aoe. Simple logic now it's fixed to continue negating aoes. It's a lost of dps on DPS to use it over storm atro. So it falls to tank or healer in standard.

Again I have tested on serval things on live only difference is it will continue to do it on pts.
    Edited by Tasear on April 16, 2019 1:27PM
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk why you guys are calling Tasear a liar and giving her a hard time.

You either believe her word or not, the change is new, but she isn't and has always represented a voice for the healer community.

If you're so skeptical, go download the pts and try it for yourself.
    It hasn't even been up for more than a day yet and you guys are demanding people to do crap for you, sheesh. Pricks.