The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Elsweyr Healer changes (Informational)

• emelee_ESO
    emelee_ESO
    ✭✭
    I really want to like mend wounds, and will definitely play with it some more on PTS and probably live, but I ran into an immediate problem (imo anyways), and submitted feedback. Pets, they get in the way.

I was running my sorc's healer set up near a world boss. When someone came up to attack it I found my twilight matriarch taking the heals I was lobbing at the person who was getting rather low on health. So I had to pop bird for a big heal to save them.

Then I got on my Warden and pulled my bear out. A friend tried to use mend wounds on me while I was standing next to my bear and Grumpy VonFloofy McDangercuddles was stealing the heals meant for me. :(

I can see this being problematic pretty quick.

• Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Namarkas wrote: »
    I am sorry to be the bearer of this news, but negate did not become a gamechanger. I was just on the pts on normal asylum. Result:
    Wrecked by breath in a negate
    Wrecked by Storm of the heavens in a negate
    Damaged by a lightning field in a negate
    Damaged by the cone in a negate
    #feelsbadman

Then it sounds bugged...

tbh I would have also interpreted the Negate "fix" as something rather specifc, and ZOS not telling what actually was fixed. Like "Tommy reported 2 months ago that when an enemy player uses /playdead in his negate he can cast ground abilites. This was now fixed". Something of that sort, not "Negate now cancels all ground effects whatsoever for its whole duration"

It worded as it continues to cancel aoe ground effects. Like at very least I except to negate fires in elden hollow 2 in a negate bubble.

Yes, but I guess only on skills that are negatable in the first place :)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry to be the bearer of this news, but negate did not become a gamechanger. I was just on the pts on normal asylum. Result:
    #feelsbadman

Then it sounds bugged...

tbh I would have also interpreted the Negate "fix" as something rather specifc, and ZOS not telling what actually was fixed. Like "Tommy reported 2 months ago that when an enemy player uses /playdead in his negate he can cast ground abilites. This was now fixed". Something of that sort, not "Negate now cancels all ground effects whatsoever for its whole duration"

It worded as it continues to cancel aoe ground effects. Like at very least I except to negate fires in elden hollow 2 in a negate bubble.

Storm of heavens it really should of work considering you can do it on live once. Still I don't see why this won't work on garyoles. Also might be looking at things off and it's just aoes like fire that gets negated. Certainly something did change.
  • Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭
    #feelsbadman

Then it sounds bugged...

Storm of heavens it really should of work considering you can do it on live once. Still I don't see why this won't work on garyoles. Also might be looking at things off and it's just aoes like fire that gets negated. Certainly something did change.

I agree to an extent with you, but whether or not Negate should work on certain pve effects is a different discussion now^^ It would be really cool, but let's face it, a 192 ulti for a 12 seconds free pass in a trial for a whole group is REALLY strong. It would potentially trivialize a lot of mechanics
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #feelsbadman

Then it sounds bugged...

I agree to an extent with you, but whether or not Negate should work on certain pve effects is a different discussion now^^ It would be really cool, but let's face it, a 192 ulti for a 12 seconds free pass in a trial for a whole group is REALLY strong. It would potentially trivialize a lot of mechanics

No I find it strange because it works on live. I tested it on Sorc in nAS.

Still never tested but hoping it works on HRC Starfall.

Should work on slaves in vDSA since it worked with earthgore.

Still of doesn't work on anything then goes back to underperforming skill. It should save lives and reduce damage like major maim and major protection. @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭
    #feelsbadman

Then it sounds bugged...

Still of doesn't work on anything then goes back to underperforming skill. It should save lives and reduce damage like major maim and major protection. @ZOS_BrianWheeler

When did you do your test with Asylum mechs on live? Cause when i did it like 3 months ago it was definitly not working, same as on the pts now
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #feelsbadman

Then it sounds bugged...

When did you do your test with Asylum mechs on live? Cause when i did it like 3 months ago it was definitly not working, same as on the pts now

Actually was before all bugs with storm of heavens so could of changed. To be clear it would remove already dropped storm of heavens on ground. There's something in vhof on first 2 bosses but only tried that once and was annoyed it did nothing has effect would just continue again.

Side note just a conjecture but remembering all things that are considered negative effects from curse eater testers. This makes me think might just negate dots.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    emelee_ESO wrote: »
    I really want to like mend wounds, and will definitely play with it some more on PTS and probably live, but I ran into an immediate problem (imo anyways), and submitted feedback. Pets, they get in the way.

I was running my sorc's healer set up near a world boss. When someone came up to attack it I found my twilight matriarch taking the heals I was lobbing at the person who was getting rather low on health. So I had to pop bird for a big heal to save them.

Then I got on my Warden and pulled my bear out. A friend tried to use mend wounds on me while I was standing next to my bear and Grumpy VonFloofy McDangercuddles was stealing the heals meant for me. :(

I can see this being problematic pretty quick.

That's important to note that issue in bug section.
    Edited by Tasear on April 20, 2019 10:51AM
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tasear , for the necromancer aoe heal/negate, are you saying it effectively is like an instant negate that removes ground aoes upon cast (not repeatedly though over its duration) as opposed to purging 3 debuffs from allies? (I'm just wondering, if so, that's really cool we get a mild negate in the form of a skill)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tasear , for the necromancer aoe heal/negate, are you saying it effectively is like an instant negate that removes ground aoes upon cast (not repeatedly though over its duration) as opposed to purging 3 debuffs from allies? (I'm just wondering, if so, that's really cool we get a mild negate in the form of a skill)

The tooltip is quite confusing. The way we're understood as it removed 3 negate effects in area. This is what our tested on pts concluded. We would need more *** to understand it...or pray zos makes tooltip more clear. Half of us on pts first thought it was only self cleanse.

🤔 Side note just wondered what if it removes negative effect of ravage potions...

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    missed this

Removed the 200ms post global cooldown from cast time abilities. This was done to improve the feeling of using these abilities in rapid succession with other abilities, to allow for a more fluid transition, and less down time between usage. We also made some adjustments to the cast times and power levels of specific abilities, which will be called out on a per case basis in further notes.

Note that channeled beam attacks, such as Soul Assault or Radiant Destruction, retain the post global cooldown, but have had them reduced to 100ms rather than 200ms. This was done to prevent animation errors.

So dark exchange will be less clucky to use.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put everything in a nice format and explained how change could effect gameplay here. https://taseartreehouse.blogspot.com/2019/04/how-things-have-changed-for-healers-in.html
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siphoning
    Cripple: This ability and its morphs no longer grant the caster Major Expedition, and can now be placed on an infinite amount of targets.
    Debilitate (morph): This morph no longer refunds the Magicka cost if the target dies while it was active. Instead, it applies Minor Magickasteal to the enemy while the DoT persists.

New change from today
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New change for today

Undaunted
    Spawn Broodlings:
    The Spiders spawned from this synergy and the morphed synergies now properly scale dynamically with your offensive stats, rather than only Weapon Damage.
    The spiders will now attack once every 2 seconds, rather than every 1.5 seconds.
    Increased their damage per bite by 15% to adhere it to our DoT standards.
    Black Widow Poison:
    Reduced the damage of this ability by approximately 58%.
    Fixed an issue where the spiders took twice as long to attack after using this ability.
    The Black Widows will now only attempt to apply this ability once per summon.
    Fixed an issue where multiple players could not have this ability active on the same target.

Not sure if I get this change, but some healers were using this skill so here you go.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    😏 can now get major protection with mend wounds plus pets with no cost. Guess pets have purpose now in PvP.

Test 1

Negate

neried monster negeted aoe damage you see in dragon star and elsewhere.
    Edited by Tasear on April 22, 2019 6:24PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How's the testing been going for everyone in regards to changes or new class of healer?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark Target free will bring interesting gameplay for nb healers

Magicka steal on delitbrate this will be fun with slow debuff for healers.