Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Food change is unnecessary and pointless

mcagatayg
mcagatayg
✭✭✭✭
Why the change in purple and gold food? It's already expensive to use gold food and now in next patch gold food is gonna be as good as current purple? I don't understand the change and i find it unnecessary. Already most of the players are not using gold food due to money issues, and now its nerfed to purple level. I guess casual players don't deserve good food.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Completely agree. Not too many truly questionable changes this patch, but this change is definitely one of them.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I like a lot of the changes this patch, but the purple and gold food nerf was a head-scratcher. Even on live it is really hard to justify the cost of using anything other than blue food except in vet trials, and even then blue food is sometimes BiS on some builds. That is not a good situation, purple should be noticeably better than blue, and gold should be noticeably better than purple. It's hard to sell these foods as it is. Now with lower stat pools, blue will be even more popular than it already is.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably added an new OP gold drink that will replace a 5pc set.

[Edit to remove profanity]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on April 16, 2019 1:49AM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pevey wrote: »
    Yeah, I like a lot of the changes this patch, but the purple and gold food nerf was a head-scratcher. Even on live it is really hard to justify the cost of using anything other than blue food except in vet trials, and even then blue food is sometimes BiS on some builds. That is not a good situation, purple should be noticeably better than blue, and gold should be noticeably better than purple. It's hard to sell these foods as it is. Now with lower stat pools, blue will be even more popular than it already is.

Yes it’s like they forgot gold is actually meant to be the best.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't even use this food, outside my healers. Not a problem.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whilst I like those buffs and wish they hadn't nerfed them, they did outshine everything else. Before this, you could probably delete all the other food and drinks in the game and nobody would notice.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's time to kill the game. Too much nerfs.
  • mcagatayg
    mcagatayg
    ✭✭✭✭
    In live, i think they are easy to categorize aswell, if you want sustain you got purple and if you want more health then purple you can just pay more and use gold food. Blue foods are no sustain anyway so im not including them. But with this change, im guessing most people will just use blue and try to get more sustain from outside sources.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure these food nerfs were aimed at PvP since people (I assume) didn't already use these foods for PvE.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I read that part I just thought to myself “But why?”
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found this change confusing as well. I see it creating an even wider divide between builds that can sustain with blue food and those that can't. Is this a hidden altmer nerf/breton buff? I'm not sure, but I am glad my mag toons are bretons right now.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, the changes are unnecessary, and if they're doing it because Necromancer has a 2k health passive, then reduce their health passive down to 1k or something and allow people to still have their food buffs. It's quite a ridiculous change.

Not to mention, gold food is rarer, and should be stronger.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sigh, of course they were nerfed. Wunderbar...
  • Cortimi
    Cortimi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This change is bad and the devs should feel bad.
    Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
    EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
    EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
    AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
    Urvoth wrote: »
    CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    Pevey wrote: »

Yes it’s like they forgot gold is actually meant to be the best.

Not a surprise. Just remember how much pretty common items they've painted in gold lately: writ vouchers blueprints, event feathers, all new style pages (from BGs, from dungeons, from Impressario)... All these items should be purple at best, and some of them are so easily obtainable that they are worth a blue color at best. But ZOS made them gold. And now they just forgot what the gold color means actually.
    Golden item was an Etheric Dust, Imperial Motif, Perfect Roe - really rare stuff. Now golden color seem to mean almost nothing in devs point of view.
    Edited by Ermiq on April 16, 2019 2:33AM
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is probably the stupidest thing I have seen outside High Elves getting stam back using skills.

What is even going on!?
    Edited by IzzyStardust on April 16, 2019 2:44AM
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even use this food, outside my healers. Not a problem.

Shhh. Just because you like to run your head against a brick wall; does not mean it should be the gold standard of behaviour.

If you're making pointless jokes, then go post on the Off Topic Stupid Jokes Forum please.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    Pretty sure these food nerfs were aimed at PvP since people (I assume) didn't already use these foods for PvE.

What? Of course we do.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It will be interesting to see how the meta shifts, but I don't think this was necessary either.

It will be a bit of a buff to sustain based races since blue food will be stronger relative to the purple and yellow food.
    Playing since beta...
  • JadeCoin
    JadeCoin
    ✭✭✭✭
    On another thread I've been discussing how people feel forced to be vampires in order to get those sustain bonuses (the actual value of which is a topic of debate) without losing damage. Driving people to use blue food is only going to make that perceived pressure worse. Please offer us a larger variety of ways to improve our sustain. Vampirism is currently the only one (I believe) that doesn't impact damage.
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run Clockwork Citrus on a few of my characters but usually have the Witch Mother's Brew on my bar to use for easier content because the GOLD Clockwork Citrus food does cost a bit to make with using Perfect Roe.

I also use the Artaeum Takeaway Broth with the Dubious Cameron Throne on my bar for easier content on my stamina characters, especially with the GOLD Artaeum Takeaway drink using 5 Mother of Pearl to make.

Why even have Purple and Gold food/drink if they cost so much to make but are not going to be any better than the many other foods/drinks in this game?

Now I don't sell any of these, nor do I sell any of the ingredients to make these recipes, but I can see how this is going to hurt others that do sell them.

Seems ZOS has "re balance" on the brain and are taking things a little overboard with the concept of making everything in the game virtually the same.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sustain food already had way less health/stam or mag than blue food... why would anyone use it if they nerf it more?
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lower stats from food/drink will likely mean squishier players and more deaths in Elsweyr. But that is OK. This food is used in group content, not solo. And when you die in group content, a group member can rez you and get you back in the fight. It is not like solo play where you are stuck in that stupid slow-moving ghost form after you rez. ;-)
  • Sir_Xalvador
    Sir_Xalvador
    ✭✭✭
    I run Clockwork Citrus on a few of my characters but usually have the Witch Mother's Brew on my bar to use for easier content because the GOLD Clockwork Citrus food does cost a bit to make with using Perfect Roe.

I also use the Artaeum Takeaway Broth with the Dubious Cameron Throne on my bar for easier content on my stamina characters, especially with the GOLD Artaeum Takeaway drink using 5 Mother of Pearl to make.

Why even have Purple and Gold food/drink if they cost so much to make but are not going to be any better than the many other foods/drinks in this game?

Now I don't sell any of these, nor do I sell any of the ingredients to make these recipes, but I can see how this is going to hurt others that do sell them.

Seems ZOS has "re balance" on the brain and are taking things a little overboard with the concept of making everything in the game virtually the same.

Completely agree on everything and also why would you want everything in the game to be the same, are we now robots playing ESO. seems zos wants a brand new person to come into game and do what cp 810 can do and have all the achievements and benefits they have accomplished, just so they can leave and never play again in a couple months

Really ZOS Really quit cratering to the new players who cant afford to make the better foods and drinks and start thinking about your long term players.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only a loss of about ~200 health and ~200 magicka/stamina.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    The lower stats from food/drink will likely mean squishier players and more deaths in Elsweyr. But that is OK. This food is used in group content, not solo. And when you die in group content, a group member can rez you and get you back in the fight. It is not like solo play where you are stuck in that stupid slow-moving ghost form after you rez. ;-)

Umm, I'm guessing this was sarcasm, but just in case it wasn't...well, let's just say you might want to read the rest of the patch notes.
    Edited by Pevey on April 16, 2019 3:29AM
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

You do know that they ALSO changed that? In PTS you're a ghost for 3sec, regardless if you ress yourself or got ressed by team mates =) Just lile btw.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't going to magically open up the field of food/drink. There are hundreds of recipes with various combinations of stats, so of course we're going to use the ones that help us most. The only way to get us to stop using the 5-6 recipes that we all use, is to make them objectively worse than others.

Until then, we'll just change one glyph and carry on using what we currently use.

For what it's worth, I think this change by ZOS is utterly pointless and needlessly punitive. Does nothing to effect balance, just tilts the player base.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only a loss of about ~200 health and ~200 magicka/stamina.

They said 12% and 15% respectively. This makes sense in stamina department (since orc and dunmer were over-dpsing sustain races), but in magicka this will give additional edge to breton?
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote to revert this change