The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience!
We will be performing maintenance for patch 5.3.0 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC).
Maintenance for the week of January 20:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU for maintenance – January 20, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 20, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 20, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

Food change is unnecessary and pointless

  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you serious? Oh no, just no
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. These food changes are bad. I largely agree with a lot of the PTS. Or at least I will say, I understand the purpose of what they are doing as it seems for the first time, they have a cohesive vision for how skills should generally behave, which will hopefully lead to the ability for better and easier balancing in the future. In other words, they are standardizing the development toolkit. That part I get.

    That said. All this is going to do is push people towards Bretons and bi stat in PVE and back towards tri stat in pve. Especially with the gold food, the price to craft just wont be justified.

    Now if you just wanted to nerf the purple food a smidge, so there was more of a benefit to using gold food, I could wrap my head around that.
    Alliance/Platform: Ebonheart Pact - PC/NA - CP 1,200ish

    My Toons:
    DKs: Oreyn ßearclaw - Dunmer, Bear-m'Athra - Redguard, Bearzilla - Argonian
    Sorcs: Beary Jane - AR37- Breton, Bearricane - Orc, Molag Bear - Altmer (AD)
    NBs: Bearclaw Oreyn - Breton, Bearblade - Bosmer, ßearblade - Dunmer (DC)
    Temps: Gandalf Likes To Party - Altmer, Bearplar - Redguard, Bearamedic - Argonian
    Wardens: Warden Bearclaw - Altmer, Bear Jordan - Redguard, Bear's Hippie Girlfriend - Bosmer
    Necros: Bearomancer - Dunmer, ßearßones - Orc

    vCR+3, vAS+2, vHOFHM, vMOLHM, vSOHM, vHRCHM, vAAHM, vBRP, vDSA, Flawless Conqueror, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember to use the feedback tool on the PTS
  • mcagatayg
    mcagatayg
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, the changes are unnecessary, and if they're doing it because Necromancer has a 2k health passive, then reduce their health passive down to 1k or something and allow people to still have their food buffs. It's quite a ridiculous change.

    Not to mention, gold food is rarer, and should be stronger.

    What about other classes though? I saw on pts necros definitely have more hp as a dd due to passives aswell. But this is not the solution to it. I assume they have high hp due to their skills, like sacrificing their own hp and so
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mcagatayg wrote: »
    I agree, the changes are unnecessary, and if they're doing it because Necromancer has a 2k health passive, then reduce their health passive down to 1k or something and allow people to still have their food buffs. It's quite a ridiculous change.

    Not to mention, gold food is rarer, and should be stronger.

    What about other classes though? I saw on pts necros definitely have more hp as a dd due to passives aswell. But this is not the solution to it. I assume they have high hp due to their skills, like sacrificing their own hp and so

    What about the other classes? I'm not saying anything about them, I'm saying I really hope they didn't modify food to accommodate Necromancer health passive. They have one skill that takes 1.8k HP and you can instantly heal from it, it's really nothing lol
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's only a loss of about ~200 health and ~200 magicka/stamina.

    You say this, could you show us some evidence to show you are correct?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only a loss of about ~200 health and ~200 magicka/stamina.

    They said 12% and 15% respectively. This makes sense in stamina department (since orc and dunmer were over-dpsing sustain races), but in magicka this will give additional edge to breton?

    This is from my game (unless it's bugged):

    PTS:

    KrRIKoi.jpg

    Live:

    TClrJPz.jpg
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 16, 2019 10:55AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's only a loss of about ~200 health and ~200 magicka/stamina.

    They said 12% and 15% respectively. This makes sense in stamina department (since orc and dunmer were over-dpsing sustain races), but in magicka this will give additional edge to breton?

    This is from my game (unless it's bugged):

    PTS:

    KrRIKoi.jpg

    Live:

    TClrJPz.jpg




    Thank you.
  • mcagatayg
    mcagatayg
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's only a loss of about ~200 health and ~200 magicka/stamina.

    They said 12% and 15% respectively. This makes sense in stamina department (since orc and dunmer were over-dpsing sustain races), but in magicka this will give additional edge to breton?

    Nerf them instead of food everyone uses? lol
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only a loss of about ~200 health and ~200 magicka/stamina.

    They said 12% and 15% respectively. This makes sense in stamina department (since orc and dunmer were over-dpsing sustain races), but in magicka this will give additional edge to breton?

    This is from my game (unless it's bugged):

    PTS:

    KrRIKoi.jpg

    Live:

    TClrJPz.jpg

    unless my math is wrong that is only a 4.4% decrease in hp and a 5.6% decrease of magicka. Better yet, a 11.9% inc
    crease
    in sustain.
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    instead of nerfing camoran,witchmothers, boost other options to be more appealing!
    nerf should be last option, buff should come 1st.
    same with skills, there are ton of garbage/very situational skills that could be boosted, instead of this barrage of skill nerfs.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only a loss of about ~200 health and ~200 magicka/stamina.

    Should have been an increase of 200, not a decrease.

    It is actually a bit to low as it is.

  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Damage races” should not be balanced with “sustain races” via food choice. That makes the concept of quality level meaningless. Damage races with purple food or gold should not be equivalent to sustain races with blue food because purple or gold food should be better. It costs way more. Gold food is crazy expensive. You are not balanced if you are paying way more for your food to do what someone else can do with blue food. And for sustain races, the trade off of lower stats for the additional sustain of purple or gold food (and the additional sustain is great in real world content like vma, it’s not all about dummy parses) is already questionable. Making blue food objectively better is not a good thing for the game.
    Edited by Pevey on April 16, 2019 5:01PM
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need to change these foods at all. Makes no sense to nerf them. Please do NOT go through with the food changes.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mcagatayg wrote: »
    Masel wrote: »
    In the current racial situation, damage races+sustain food was ultimately superior to sustain race+bi-stat food in terms of stat density it provided. That is why this change was done.

    Wouldnt balancing those races accordingly instead of nerfing food be better? Because for example I play a redguard and still use sustain food because i like it, but after these changes im pigeonholed into blue food because lack of hp. Changing enchants etc. would make me lose even more dps and forces my race choice to be worse than it is anyway.

    You may still play as redguard with sustain food. It's simply wouldn't be OP anymore. Gold though is still best for PVP if you sum bonuses in comparison to blue food. And I too use dubious and witchbrew on all classes no matter sustain race or not. Because it simply better in real conditions.
    Restart your router ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    It's only a loss of about ~200 health and ~200 magicka/stamina.

    They said 12% and 15% respectively. This makes sense in stamina department (since orc and dunmer were over-dpsing sustain races), but in magicka this will give additional edge to breton?

    This is from my game (unless it's bugged):

    PTS:

    KrRIKoi.jpg

    Live:

    TClrJPz.jpg

    unless my math is wrong that is only a 4.4% decrease in hp and a 5.6% decrease of magicka. Better yet, a 11.9% inc
    crease
    in sustain.

    What level was your character on PTS?
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

    Mael Nightshadow - that's all you need to know.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    It's only a loss of about ~200 health and ~200 magicka/stamina.

    They said 12% and 15% respectively. This makes sense in stamina department (since orc and dunmer were over-dpsing sustain races), but in magicka this will give additional edge to breton?

    This is from my game (unless it's bugged):

    PTS:

    KrRIKoi.jpg

    Live:

    TClrJPz.jpg

    unless my math is wrong that is only a 4.4% decrease in hp and a 5.6% decrease of magicka. Better yet, a 11.9% inc
    crease
    in sustain.

    Yeah since this is the status of foods, what's the status of the purple ones? I haven't checked quite yet.
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on April 17, 2019 1:25AM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remove the gold food, they may as well. Who would ever use it now? This change is pointless and confusing TBH.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • JHartEllis
    JHartEllis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weird thing is that currently on PTS, the recoveries are increased, which makes them overall about the same stats-wise just adding up the values.

    Regardless, I think food has way too much impact. Comparing to sets like Plague Doctor, Beekeeper, and Crafty Alfiq, good food is roughly equivalent to four 5-piece set bonuses, which is a crazy huge chunk of easy stats. I'd like to see food effectiveness cut by 1/3 or 1/2 and have a bunch of gear or skills buffed to compensate. It would help a ton with making build choices more meaningful.
    Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/Mac NA
    ESO Stream Team member on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
    Website: https://spicyeconomics.com/
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the recovery of the food is increase but the max stat is decrease, then I am fine with this. Less health and damage but more subtain is better than less health and damage and the same substain. The whole reason of choosing the food is to get a little of everything. Since I use a race that has little of everything in stats, I want to be balance. Not to be just even more weaker than all the races that have stacked health or stacked stamina or magicka.
Sign In or Register to comment.