The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

OILS NOT SHIELDABLE AND DOING 18K DMG PER TICK

• Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vivic was SOOO fun last night.

Siege should stay as is. The old way was a JOKE. Just a little tickle. It was worthless.

Now siege actually hurts! Finally! YES!
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bitels wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    EdoKeledus wrote: »
    OIL like every other siege weapon should not be shieldable and should ignore resistances.

Barely anyone will want to pvp if everyone gets dunked by 2 ticks of oil, or essentially 1-shotted if more than 1 oil is on you.

Then how about avoiding the oil AoE?

Lol- pls tell me how can you avoid oil AoE? Especially that you usually have anything between 3-5 on breach. Do you just ask politely other side to stop using it?

I will agree- for a short time it is little bit funny. But the problem with it is that it is way to easy to defend right now, which will make whole Cyrodil stale and only benefit night caping

Its very rare to have defenders dropping oil with continuous uptime. Theres always breaks between splashes you can time just right. Sorcs can streak through, StamWardens/Sorcs etc can just run through if theyre built for movement speed. Youre not running through an oil waterfall.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Diundriel
    Diundriel
    ✭✭✭
    Lydia the siege bot on pc eu ad sotha just got a 200% buff xD
    Edited by Diundriel on February 26, 2019 12:54PM
    GM of former Slack Squad PvP Raid Guild
    Our Vids:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLwZNZlv8an4p-xNoboE7w

Characters:
    Zoe'la- AD Magplar AvA 50 x2.5
    Not Zoe'la- DC Magplar AvA 25
    Worst Healbot EU- EP Magplar AvA 20
    Diundriel- AD StamNB AvA 36
    Pugs Got Bombed- AD ManaNB AvA 36
    Cause we have dots- AD ManaSorc AvA 33
    Red Zergs Again- AD StamDen AvA 29
    Synergy Spam Bot- AD MagDK AvA 17
    Heals of Cyrodiil- AD ManaDen AvA 14
    Nawrina- DC StamDK AvA 26
    Not Ganking- StamNB PVE DD
    Stack Pls- DC ManaNB AvA 20
    Der Katzenmensch- AD AvA 30
    Der kleine Troll- DC StamDen AvA 24
    and some I deleted and new ones I am to lazy to add so well above 200 Mio AP and 6 Former Emperor Characters

PvE: multiple Flawless Conqueror Chars, vAS +2, vCloudrest +3, vRG, vKA, vCrag hms, vDSA 43,5k score ...
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diundriel wrote: »

If you’re playing for the map - which admittedly few people do these days - that’s a valuable type of player to have. Burning keeps so transit lines get broken or attention is diverted for a moment can be crucial. And there is as much thanks as AP in this job, none - just like scouting.

So in essence, she does a better job than 40 zerglings who just PvDoor for the tick.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the people who want the siege change to stay like this are also the players who use snipe. Press one button over and over and get big rewards (kills) without taking any risk because you are in a safe spot.

Zos made this whole combat system and still people who just want to click.. not even point and click but only click.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• bitels
    bitels
    ✭✭✭✭
    bitels wrote: »
    EdoKeledus wrote: »
    OIL like every other siege weapon should not be shieldable and should ignore resistances.

Barely anyone will want to pvp if everyone gets dunked by 2 ticks of oil, or essentially 1-shotted if more than 1 oil is on you.

Then how about avoiding the oil AoE?

Lol- pls tell me how can you avoid oil AoE? Especially that you usually have anything between 3-5 on breach. Do you just ask politely other side to stop using it?

I will agree- for a short time it is little bit funny. But the problem with it is that it is way to easy to defend right now, which will make whole Cyrodil stale and only benefit night caping

Its very rare to have defenders dropping oil with continuous uptime. Theres always breaks between splashes you can time just right. Sorcs can streak through, StamWardens/Sorcs etc can just run through if theyre built for movement speed. Youre not running through an oil waterfall.

I have no idea what campaign you are playing, but for me its usually works like this- i place at least 2 oils, im using one, then I switch to another and use it while first one is on cooldown.Depends what part of keep im defending, i also place third one and use that as well. And then you also usually have second person on the spot who also using at least 2 oils. And if you will take 2 ticks from any of that you are dead.
    And if oils are only defence then it is crappy defence. So on top of that you have people with catapults and ballistasand ones that are casting snares, negates, time stops, caltrops, ice wall of elements and everything that is designed to keep you in place.
    Edited by bitels on February 26, 2019 2:04PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solution stop the front dooring meta and stay out of oils.
    Learn to 50/50 postern siege again.
    Edited by TequilaFire on February 26, 2019 2:06PM
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played in Vivec last night. What a sh!t show. Vampires pretty much getting one shot, hilarious to see. But this is so busted right now. Several fights in Vivec where straight up siege fights.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »
    I wonder if the people who want the siege change to stay like this are also the players who use snipe. Press one button over and over and get big rewards (kills) without taking any risk because you are in a safe spot.

Zos made this whole combat system and still people who just want to click.. not even point and click but only click.

For me, it is how effective on masses of players that otherwise have so many heals and purges flying around that siege does nothing. I find smaller groups are more able to move out of the way. Not because of collision detection we dont have, but rather because they are not sheep waiting for their Sheppard to tell them to move.

Its somewhat an inconvenience to have to move so easily because of a red circle and I did see players throwing up siege for things like smaller groups and open field fights; but I feel the benefit is outweighing that. The group I run with also has 1 night a week where we run PvEers and newer players, and that might be called off as we know the challenge that will come keeping them alive in this.
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

For me, it is how effective on masses of players that otherwise have so many heals and purges flying around that siege does nothing. I find smaller groups are more able to move out of the way. Not because of collision detection we dont have, but rather because they are not sheep waiting for their Sheppard to tell them to move.

Its somewhat an inconvenience to have to move so easily because of a red circle and I did see players throwing up siege for things like smaller groups and open field fights; but I feel the benefit is outweighing that. The group I run with also has 1 night a week where we run PvEers and newer players, and that might be called off as we know the challenge that will come keeping them alive in this.

It does have two sides... i do like that a small group potentially can defend against the big mindless PvDoor zerg but earlier today i saw one guy fight four people and because he was a much better player he had a chance to win that fight. Earthgore and healbot were the only things saving those 4 people but a fifth one showed up, placed a siege and ended the fight in 10 seconds. That is a big negative for me.

Edited by Bosov on February 26, 2019 2:30PM
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The damage is an interesting game-changer, but i'd really like to be able to see when and where siege is landing. Tons of invisible aoes atm.
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    LF3M for engeneer squad, 2 CH ballistas men, 1 for meatbag. I will use scattershot
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. And those players/groups were wiping quickly resulting in LESS lag. Vivec at 9:30 was actually playable while zerg diving; something previously resulted in terrible lag.

Keep the siege damage. Instead open Front Doors ;)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    sieges ignore corrosive as well
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: Unfortunately this isn't something we're able to hotfix, but we're trying to get the fix into Monday's incremental patch.

I guess it’s easier to change XP values over damage values. The IC bug was fixed very quickly.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like they accidentally fixed the ball zerg problem, which is funny since ZOS cant purposefully fix pvp, but now that they actually made life better theyre going to intentionally make it worse again. Keep siege strong, maybe tone it down slightly but the lethality needs to stay.
    Joined September 2013
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    I've been in cyro, and personally I like it and kinda wish they would just leave it. The battles were crazy and watching - and participating in the new and far more interesting keep take challenges was really fun. Plus keeps weren't flipping every 5 seconds. Fine by me.

@ZOS_GinaBruno maybe tell them not to fix this too much yus?

Yeah, this is actually something we're discussing a bit. No promises, but we'll see what happens.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • N0_oB
    N0_oB
    Soul Shriven
    Diundriel wrote: »

The best i read in months :,)
    PC-EU Sotha-Sil
    Squirt Squad ---> Censored Squad
    "We need to team up to zerg down our true enemy... The lag"
    AD Crucher The Rune Walker (50 StamNB)
    AD Kasbeel Von Crucher (50 MagSorc)
    AD Crucher-With-Tail (50 MagNB)
    AD Rhajt Krow (50 StamDK)
    AD Pa`Krucher Lion Beard (StamPlar on grind...)
    EP Crucher The Traitor (50 StamNB)
    EP Lodal Spellborn (50 MagSorc)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you want to force people into going back to the days of epic wall sieges 20 trebuchets deep, or let them keep PvDooring? Cause the later is much more instant grat.
    Edited by ArchMikem on February 27, 2019 8:49AM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been in cyro, and personally I like it and kinda wish they would just leave it. The battles were crazy and watching - and participating in the new and far more interesting keep take challenges was really fun. Plus keeps weren't flipping every 5 seconds. Fine by me.

Yeah, this is actually something we're discussing a bit. No promises, but we'll see what happens.

In noCP a Coldharbour ballista Hit kills anyone within the initial tick and the first or second tick, depending on HP. If that’s the gameplay you want to promote...

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: Unfortunately this isn't something we're able to hotfix, but we're trying to get the fix into Monday's incremental patch.

Thanks for

I made a pure sniper, and its crystal clear to me you have no idea of how to play one at all. Since you think there is some magical safe spot, and it's simply pressing one button to kill everyone, then make a sniper and video yourself doing it. Low health noobs with no buffs and the wrong armor go down quick, but how many consistent players have such noob builds? The majority of people know how to break free, dodge roll and heal right away. Knowing when to snipe, use other attacks and mix in your melee is crucial to getting kills.

Back on topic, I enjoy playing my sniper as much as I enjoy some other builds. I do not approve of the current siege damage fiasco. While siege should do more damage than it did last patch, it's way overboard right now. Sure it's fun the first time you pour oil on someone, or blast them with a cold fire ballista. Beyond that it's simply unbalanced. Not that my opinion matters since I play less and less. Your assumption about legit snipers is wrong though.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you want to force people into going back to the days of epic wall sieges 20 trebuchets deep, or let them keep PvDooring? Cause the later is much more instant grat.

3-2-1 fire! and 20 trebs fire at once in sync, a beautiful thing.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Im not sure what you are asking but I think having a reason to use trebs is not so bad. They generally do not get used because they are slower and take up more space, but it might compel people for the range.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

In noCP a Coldharbour ballista Hit kills anyone within the initial tick and the first or second tick, depending on HP. If that’s the gameplay you want to promote...
    Just means you don't have enough health! Plague doctor/warrior poet tank with no damage other than running siege, here I come, just for all the lovers of heavy armor tanks in pvp we have on the forums.
    More seriously, I'm not really wild about the prolonged siege battles where you have to punch multiple breaches in a keep, then fire siege through to get defensive siege down, and eventually move in. It tends to come down to attrition, and to promote large stacks at one location which we know doesn't work well.
  • Gankimus
    Gankimus
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    No one is surviving long enough for latency to build up. PC/NA Vivec is poplocked across the board and has almost ZERO lag.

This is glorious. KEEP IT!

GLORIOUS!
    Gankimus
    AD NB AR Volunteer
    Former Mayor of Cropsford
    Former GM of Dominion Imperial Guard
    Current GM Shi No Dojo
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »

Just means you don't have enough health! Plague doctor/warrior poet tank with no damage other than running siege, here I come, just for all the lovers of heavy armor tanks in pvp we have on the forums.
    More seriously, I'm not really wild about the prolonged siege battles where you have to punch multiple breaches in a keep, then fire siege through to get defensive siege down, and eventually move in. It tends to come down to attrition, and to promote large stacks at one location which we know doesn't work well.

You shouldn't be able to bust open a front door in a minute either like has been possible since they buffed rams.
    So strong oils and more kill holes in the walls for archers are in order at the front door. As it is you can stand in the corner of the front entrance and be shielded from oils and other attacks healing those on the ram.
    Edited by TequilaFire on February 26, 2019 3:36PM
  • sha-ext
    sha-ext
    ✭✭✭

I hope you are not serious...
    You want fast paced combat? You want keep sieges? You want players to take keeps?
    Then please adjust the damage. I don't mind some sieges hurt a bit more, but remember how it was when meatbag and scattershot catapults were strong - it was very, very hard to take a keep against decent defenders...
    Edited by sha-ext on February 26, 2019 3:41PM
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank You for the reply. Even if you can't give specifics, it's nice to see that little bit communication that the issue in question is being looked into.
  • PureEnvelope35
    PureEnvelope35
    ✭✭✭✭

Please no ;__;
    • Fashion is the true endgame.
    • PC EU
    • EP Astera the Charlatan Stamina Arcanist (PvE)
    • EP Malina the Pure Stamina Warden (PvP)
    • EP Athena the Pure Stamina Dragonknight (PvP)
    • EP Elizabeth the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvP)
    • DC Bonneville the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • DC Lyudmila the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvE)
    • DC Breña the Pure Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • DC Cirise the Pure Magicka Warden (PvP)
    • DC Melinda the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvP)
    • DC Adeliane the Pure Magicka Templar (PvP)
    • AD Valencia the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • AD Do'Nhadir Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • AD Xiphias Sword-Like-Comet Stamgicka Warden (PvP)
    • AD Eleanora the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvE)
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please ZOS, that is awesome, perfect against Zergs and it makes the Game really hard, good, i made afew ap less as we did manage lesser Keep takes last Night but, on the other Hand, we defended really good. I would love to have some proper challenge, PVP is far too easy nowadays
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months