Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance June 5, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you happy with the racial changes that most likely will go live?

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    max_only wrote: »
    @Masel @Alcast when do you use stealth detection in pve? Do you detect stealth in your parses? Serious question. Not a troll attempt.

Why do you ask me, ask ZOS. Do you actually think I told ZOS that stealth is useful in endgame pve or what are you implying? I am pretty sure you know my opinion on stuff like that, so why tag me :trollface:
    Edited by Alcast on February 22, 2019 11:03AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    Alcast wrote: »
    max_only wrote: »
    @Masel @Alcast when do you use stealth detection in pve? Do you detect stealth in your parses? Serious question. Not a troll attempt.

Why do you ask me, ask ZOS. Do you actually think I told ZOS that stealth is useful in endgame pve or what are you implying? I am pretty sure you know my opinion on stuff like that, so why tag me :trollface:

Thanks, I figured as much, I didn’t want to assume your position though.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • ToniWinter
    ToniWinter
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am Nord, don't cry.
    We fight.!
    Options
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not really...
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Olauron wrote: »
    More "nuanced"? People didn't choose Altmer because all of the three racials were somehow catered towards "magic". They chose Altmer because it was the best choice to do so when playing a Magicka build. Y'all wouldn't even care if 2/3 racials are crap but the third one is making you clearly superior to others.
    That's just absurd. I chose Altmer because they are everything about magic. Only Ayleid could be better but there is no opportunity to use this race in ESO. I chose Altmer for my Direnni Stamina Templar because this race is everything about magic as it should be even for this character.

Okay. What's the problem then? The racial is named "Spell Recharge" and you're playing a Stamina character e.g. directly benefit from the change.

As there are no rules or guidelines for what can be accounted as "magic racials" or not there shouldn't exist a problem at all for you. Altmer are still "everything about magic" (well that's not even 100% lore-conform as Altmer are not 100% about magic but don't mind).

You do realize that Spell Recharge has nothing to do with more viability as a Stamina character, right? A Stamina character would get Magicka back from that passive. No one benefits from that passive.
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
    Options
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    More "nuanced"? People didn't choose Altmer because all of the three racials were somehow catered towards "magic". They chose Altmer because it was the best choice to do so when playing a Magicka build. Y'all wouldn't even care if 2/3 racials are crap but the third one is making you clearly superior to others.
    That's just absurd. I chose Altmer because they are everything about magic. Only Ayleid could be better but there is no opportunity to use this race in ESO. I chose Altmer for my Direnni Stamina Templar because this race is everything about magic as it should be even for this character.

Okay. What's the problem then? The racial is named "Spell Recharge" and you're playing a Stamina character e.g. directly benefit from the change.

As there are no rules or guidelines for what can be accounted as "magic racials" or not there shouldn't exist a problem at all for you. Altmer are still "everything about magic" (well that's not even 100% lore-conform as Altmer are not 100% about magic but don't mind).

You do realize that Spell Recharge has nothing to do with more viability as a Stamina character, right? A Stamina character would get Magicka back from that passive. No one benefits from that passive.

That's what makes it so mind-bogglingly weird.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of them look good!

That wasn't the reasoning of his post though. He complained about a passive that's not magic related. If it does indeed restore Magicka on his character it is directly magic related and his argument loses its basis.

That no one benefits from the passive is nonsense. Was just watching a ton of PvP videos from Magicka Wardens / Templars that were consuming a lot more Stamina than Magicka. It would directly benefit them.
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 22, 2019 1:30PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    That wasn't the reasoning of his post though. He complained about a passive that's not magic related. If it does indeed restore Magicka on his character it is directly magic related and his argument loses its basis.
    You got it wrong. Right now I have 4 magicka Altmers and 1 stamina Altmer (to be more correct, 2 Altmers, 1 Ayleid and 1 half-Altmer half-Ayleid for magicka and 1 Direnni for stamina). I am planning to make an ice-staff ice warden magicka (dps) Altmer (Maormer, actually, but there is no such race to choose). This passive does't fit Altmer race for 5 of them (magicka). It is worthless on all of them (both magicka and stamina). It is just free skill points after this patch goes on live for all my Altmer characters. My stamina Altmer is just an example that I don't care about numbers when choosing a race. My choice is based on lore only.
    Edited by Olauron on February 22, 2019 1:55PM
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
    Options
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    My choice is based on lore only.
    Silly rabbit, lore is for kids.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of them look good!

That's totally fine. I still haven't seen an argument based on official ES lore why a racial named "Spell Recharge" that restores Stamina is against established Altmer lore. I don't say there is an argument for it in the lore but I haven't seen one against it neither.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    I still haven't seen an argument based on official ES lore why a racial named "Spell Recharge" that restores Stamina is against established Altmer lore. I don't say there is an argument for it in the lore but I haven't seen one against it neither.
    And I haven't seen an argument when a racial "Gift of Magnus" that gives Altmer radiant wings is against established lore. You almost never find something mentioned explicitly as not present. You may find something about Altmer height but you likely not find something about Altmer not having hooves. As a result it is better to focus on what is said and not on what is not said.
    Edited by Olauron on February 22, 2019 2:07PM
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
    Options
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    Bosmer losing stealth is an insult to he lore and the players. This alone is enough for me to stop my ESO+ subscription and make me not want to preorder Elsweyr.

It's been the core of my gameplay for almost 4 years now. And no, I don't PvP, I'm not one of those gankers people complain about. This won't even fix the ganker issue, by the way, they'll simply switch to khajiit and use the crit bonus instead.

I'm a rather casual PvE player, how wimply enjoy being invisible and go wherever I damn well please, avoiding combat if I wish so... And that is now being taken away. I am NOT happy at all.
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not really...

Altmer was a Magicka race. Altmer is a Magicka race. Altmer will be a Magicka race after the changes. That's all that matters in this regard. Don't act like Altmer isn't a top pick for Magicka anymore when it's still the go to race (you can even put "next to Breton" in that sentence and my point still stands).

I find it hillarious that people like you are still arguing that Altmer was BiS on live when in fact it hasnt been since atleast 2017. The reason you picked Altmer was either lore reasons, preferring Altmer from previous elder scrolls games and a lot of other reasons I dont care to list, OR trading a little bit of dps compared to Dunmer (which is the actual magicka BiS for dps, which none of you seem to be able to comprehend) for a little bit of magicka recovery.
    I dont like the new Altmer passive because it will do nothing in pve outside of very specific encounters (and even in those most people usually know how to manage Stamina without a senseless stam recovery passive) and in pvp people managed for years so why do they suddenly need it now. I would much prefer keeping the main stat regen.
    What adds Insult to injury is that all of the testing I have seen in 4.3.0 doesnt have Altmer ahead by a large margin like the anti Altmer seem to think. If Altmer is ahead at all compared to lets say Breton it is so by less than 500 so according to people like you arguing that it is now balanced with small advantages for Breton it would have been balanced with Altmer and Breton being even, Altmer being slightly ahead or being slightly behind depending on Setups used in those Tests aswell as classes used. So by your own very often repeated opinion of mag races being balanced with very small differences in dps old Altmer spell recharge was balanced.
    So if anything what should have been done is tweaking the numbers of spell recharge instead of throwing it out the window, adjusting spell recharge to match the first Breton passive giving 100 mag recovery would´ve been just fine and no risk to Breton being the BiS Sustain race (as if there has ever been lol) and would match Bretons having 1 of the Altmer damage passives with equal value. But I realized a long time ago that tweaking is not how balance is done here, so for ZOS to just tweak numbers and see results is unfortunaly very unrealistic.
    I would love to see the data ZOS used to determine that Altmer is so unqestionably stronger than other races that it had to be nerfed, if its there and gives proof of this then ok, point for ZOS, I dont mind being shown that there is a lot of legit data that is backing up the nerf.
    But we dont see that and quite frankly after a lot of bad decisions made in the recent Patches that had to get reverted in later updates despite the majority of people telling ZOS it would end in disaster I am no longer confident in ZOS ability to know what is balanced or not.
    In addition to that we ´ve seen cash grab balancing before in this game, remember when ZOS decided that major mending on a templar would be too strong? Also remember how the class that is sitting behind a Paywall got the very same too strong major mending in the same patch? But Im sure that was just for balance concerns and not at all to try and make warden healers more attractive than templar ones :).
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!

That's totally fine. I still haven't seen an argument based on official ES lore why a racial named "Spell Recharge" that restores Stamina is against established Altmer lore. I don't say there is an argument for it in the lore but I haven't seen one against it neither.

Man, just give it up. You're making a fool of yourself.

There's also no evidence for ancient Rome to have had nuclear bombs. But since there's no evidence against it, it could have been possible, right? No, that's not how history works. Or anything, really.

And you are absolutely bending the poll to your wishes. You can't take people who hate the changes seriously? Um, hello? If someone mains Altmer or Bosmer, maybe that person is quite dissatisfied?
    And no, the second option is not positive. "Most" can mean 6/10. "Some" can mean 2/10. Those both options are rather middle field. You're just not accepting that not everyone loves the changes as you do, and now you're trying to twist your bad poll.
    Options
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    I still haven't seen an argument based on official ES lore why a racial named "Spell Recharge" that restores Stamina is against established Altmer lore. I don't say there is an argument for it in the lore but I haven't seen one against it neither.
    And I haven't seen an argument when a racial "Gift of Magnus" that gives Altmer radiant wings is against established lore. You almost never find something mentioned explicitly as not present. You may find something about Altmer height but you likely not find something about Altmer not having hooves. As a result it is better to focus on what is said and not on what is not said.

This quote made me so happy! Thank you!

Options
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    And I think most people took the dissatisfied options because of very small or negligible things that bothered them but they blow up just to have a point

Yeah, if you consider losing the core of my main character's identity as something "negligible", I suppose then you could say I voted "I hate it" to have a point.

I'm even questioning the very idea of playing anymore. If my wife didn't play with me, I probably would stop entirely. Again, the removal of stealth from the Bosmers is an insult to the lore, an insult to the players, and a contradiction from the devs themselves, as one stated explicitly that "stealth isn't a universal mechanic, many enemies can't be bothered to stealth" and then give Bosmers a stealth detection mechanic that has no use whatsoever in PvE.

So yeah, sure, my Bosmer stamblade is still viable in combat. I can even make her better for that, now that I can't stealth properly I won't need those stealth mobility sets. Or I can gimp her by equipping +stealth sets and using that PvP mobility skill to retain some form of mobility. Or become a vampire and look like I fell from the ugly tree and hit all the branches on the way down. But that's not what this character was for, that's not what she has been for the past 4 years, and being treated by ZOS as if it doesn't matter because I can go Khajiit instead is ridiculous.

If ZOS doesn't want my money, I'll gladly spend it elsewhere. They just need to say so. Or else, they could realise they're doing something stupid and change it back to something decent. Just the stealth bonus. I don't care about +damage when stealth, the dodge roll, anything. I just don't care about that, or parses. I'm a casual player playing a thief that will suddenly find himself as stealthy as a Nord or an Orc. That's nonsense.

[edited for spelling]
    Edited by Uryel on February 23, 2019 8:30AM
    Options
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not really...
    I don't get why redguard is no longer a top tier stam dps. Makes no sense. They are the warrior race.

I don't get why imperial and nord are relegated to tank role, when any race can tank effectively.

PVE dps is where stat balance matters, and ZOS failed at balancing the races for this.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of them look good!
    @Uryel

As I already said several times, Bosmer players are the only ones that have a reason to be angry about the changes. I fully support you on that regard and always have. When I speak about "minimal" changes" I am not talking about Bosmer.

Nevertheless, I still think it's very much an overreaction. Somehow reasonable? Understandable? Definitely! But the world will not end because of that yet some are acting like it will. I understand Bosmer frustration about losing the Stealth aspect of their race but best is to counter that with more arguments and less feels (I know it has been done already in the last weeks).
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 22, 2019 3:46PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    Sure. Purest magic race in Tamriel gets a stamina passive. No reason to complain. It's not like there's an RPG element in this game or something, right.
    How ignorant can one be?
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not really...
    @Uryel

As I already said several times, Bosmer players are the only ones that have a reason to be angry about the changes. I fully support you on that regard and always have. When I speak about "minimal" changes" I am not talking about Bosmer.

Nevertheless, I still think it's very much an overreaction. Somehow reasonable? Understandable? Definitely! But the world will not end because of that yet some are acting like it will. I understand Bosmer frustration about losing the Stealth aspect of their race but best is to counter that with more arguments and less feels (I know it has been done already in the last weeks).

How incredibly arrogant and condescending of you to assume a Position where only your OPINION decides how everyone else has to act or feel. Hate to break it to you but thats not how it works, you might have better luck if you try to become Pope in medieval times with that kind of attitude.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of them look good!
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    How incredibly arrogant and condescending of you to assume a Position where only your OPINION decides how everyone else has to act or feel.

Wasn't my intention to be condescending.

I just don't expect the game to revolve around, please or satisfy solely me. It's up to me what I make out of the game and I'm responsible for my own pleasure and satisfaction, not the game.

It's on us players to adapt to the conditions of the game, to voice concerns (as long as it's reasonable; and no, I do not decide what's reasonable and what's not in the end) or to just quit and leave.
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 22, 2019 4:22PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Letho2469
    Letho2469
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some are nice, others are not.
    Ridiculous.... Role players talking about identity while referring to a bunch of skills and considering changes to be an insult to the players... You may complain when they change the models or sounds.
    Trial Progression:
    vAA: Hardmode
    vHRC: Hardmode
    vSO: Hardmode
    vMoL: Hardmode + dro-m'Athra-Destroyer
    vHoF: Hardmode + Tick Tock Tormentor
    vAS: Hardmode + Immortal Redeemer
    vCR: Hardmode + Gryphon Heart
    vSS: Hardmode
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton, Altmer and Dunmer look fine.

Khajiit, however, got cheated! We campaigned for YEARS to get spell crit, and when they finally gave it us, the Altmer Mafia took it away a week later! WTF? ZOS should have stuck to their guns and ignored the Altmer whiners.

Edited by Emma_Overload on February 22, 2019 4:33PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer:

Hunter's Eye is worse than useless. I want my Stealth back. I don't expect ZOS to listen because they never do but ripping away a fundamental part of so many player's characters is just wrong.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most of them look good!
    Not sure anymore.

I went on PTS, slapped some dubious (not even arteum broth) on my orc and i had more sustain while my abilities were dealing more damage than on bosmer in blue food and critting for more damage than khajiit with regen glyph and blue food and I realized why Orc defenders defend their race so much and what 'pure stam race' niche means.
    Options
  • Eiron77
    Eiron77
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    @John_Falstaff @Lord-Otto

Maybe you didn't notice but I did create this poll. People taking one of the extreme answers are ones I cannot take for serious, let it be the completely positive or negative option. Whereas the extreme negative option is ridiculous because that would imply you hate all of the changes and not just one, two or ten out of the over 30 racials they changed which is absurd and almost impossible.

Nevermind, there are two positive, two negative and a so-so answer. If you count the two negative answers lol, you've count the two positive as well. And that's were we have ~ 40 vs. 26 in favour of the changes. That's a majority. The so-so can't be applied to positive or negative directly that's why I split them in half and added them to both sides. You cannot say "but more of the so-so favour the negative side" because of [reasons]. It's either split in half or we remove them completely from the argument who likes (positive) or dislikes (negative) the changes.

You can spin your heads and arguments as much as you want, the racial changes are not universally disliked by a majority of people and you cannot make it look like that just because you "hate" them. Majority doesn't.

Placing the "so-so" answers as not negative is the exact reason why chefs/restaurant-owners on Nightmare Kitchens are so confused and offended when Gordon Ramsay yells at them instead of praising them. And the fact that you created the poll just drives that point home even better.

If you put your time, energy, and skills into something like baking a cake, cooking a meal, painting a painting, or creating a game; and then you show that masterpiece to your friends/customers/clients and they say, "meh.... It's alright. It's so-so..." You should know this is not a positive response. It is a negative response. Which is what a satisfaction poll is trying to determine. Any restaurant worth its salt receiving 3/5 stars on a customer review will not look at that and think, "Oh its not quite positive or negative! We did good!"

Edit: Tl;dr: The poll shows a majority as negative feedback. The "so-so" votes on a satisfaction poll should always be considered a negative response. It should always translate to: Needs Improvement.
    Edited by Eiron77 on February 22, 2019 8:29PM
    Options
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not really...
    wonder what altmer would get if their stam and mag were exactly equal :trollface:
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    Options
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    Alcast wrote: »
    I personally prefered the week 1 race changes over the ones now. However, if ZOS thinks those changes right now are better, then so be it. Not saying that I agreed with everything in week 1 but I definitely found it better then it is currently.

I agree entirely. They've only managed to gradually *** off more players with each successive meddling this PTS.
    Options
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, I hate them!
    wonder what altmer would get if their stam and mag were exactly equal :trollface:

Crown crates.
    Options
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    lol, my 3 nightblades are: Dunmer, khajiit and argonian. It was like pve mage, pve stamina and argonian one like middle one for pvp...
    and now all 3 became hybrids...what a joke on me...
    My main is imperial dk from the start at 2014 and...its some upgrade for it now, but... i still don't understand why i should prefer use him except for some kind of "role play".
    If Imperial's concept is Brawler...give him a damage instead reduce costs... For example bonus to damage done the more the lower is your health...

Redguards, orcs, bretons seems became op without real alternatives...
    Edited by Anethum on February 24, 2019 7:03PM
    @Anethum from .ua
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of them look good!
    Eiron77 wrote: »
    Edit: Tl;dr: The poll shows a majority as negative feedback. The "so-so" votes on a satisfaction poll should always be considered a negative response. It should always translate to: Needs Improvement.

It's quite hilarious that you complainers need the "some good, some bad" group to back up your claims that the changes are disliked by a majority. If you all think so, so be it.

To say that the poll shows a majority for negative feedback is still fake news. Might fit your narrative but doesn't translate to the poll results. Maybe we should create a poll with just two options "yes" or "no". But then trying to find arguments why the majority likes the changes and doesn't dislike them might be difficult.
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 23, 2019 12:08AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options