The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Dissapointed with the final patch

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am regularly looking at PTS threads and at feedback that people give to ZOS. And so far I have noticed the following:
    1. Argonians - extremely unhappy about changes
    2. Hight elves - strongly unhappy about changes
    3. Khajiits - strongly unhappy about changes
    4. Wood elves - strongly unhappy about changes
    5. Imperials - unhappy / "mehh" about changes
    6. Dark elves - unhappy / "mehh" about changes
    7. Nords - happy about changes
    8. Redguards - happy about changes
    9. Bretons - extremely happy about changes
    10. Ors - extremely happy about changes

That is about 40% of people being positive about the changes...ONLY. Does not sound good at all. Especially if you go and look at the original racial balancing goals. Almost non of them were met in most cases. What will happen is nothing will change and it will only "shift" the meta till the next racial rebalance in like 1 - 2 years.
    I mean, yeah, but there are different degrees of unhappiness or happiness based not as much on the race itself rather on the players spec and whether or not they pvp or play serious pve. Some look at their racials and go:

- This is useless.
    - This is useless except for one role
    - This is fine
    - This is fin- hold on a sec, the other race got what, nonono, we need rebalancing!
    - This is fine, completely balanced! *muffled snickering and gleefull handrubbing*

I'll let you decide for yourself which races are which in your own opinions :lol:
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty happy with the end-state of racial rebalancing, if this is in fact the end-state.

I'm not super happy with how little was in the patch notes, but I don't know what else I was really expecting.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    About the only fix they made is to a problem I found and started a thread about: The Clockwork Control Panel Praxis. Yay me.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/456990/praxis-clockwork-control-panel-single

Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish they'd fixed Bosmer thieving instead.
    Options
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was happy with the first iteration. Then they messed stuff up. XD
    Options
  • DKMaestro
    DKMaestro
    ✭✭✭
    Arbit wrote: »
    argonians are now the worst race again... thanks for the terrible patch notes...

Sky is falling! Sky is falling!

The changes are miniscule! Everyone lose or gain a bit on the damage end, but 98% of all players will never notice.

People - please grow a pair and stop obsessing about racials. I wonder how you go through life? I imagine that it goes something like this:

"Should I get a whopper or a Big Mac today?"...
    "Oh the coices...."
    "Well, a whopper is flame-broiled, so it has that going for it"
    "But a Big Mac is the king of burgers!"

Random burger expert drops by and says: "Don't you know that burgers are bad for you? No one eats burgers anymore - we all now want burritos from Taco Bell"

You now go to Taco Bell and order a burrito that you don't enjoy - but at least you can rest assured that everyone else have told you it is the best choice.
    Old man playing. Have a life, a job and only one character, which is grumpy (all the time)
    Options
  • martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭
    DKMaestro wrote: »
    argonians are now the worst race again... thanks for the terrible patch notes...

The changes are miniscule! Everyone lose or gain a bit on the damage end, but 98% of all players will never notice.

People - please grow a pair and stop obsessing about racials. I wonder how you go through life? I imagine that it goes something like this:

"Oh the coices...."

Random burger expert drops by and says: "Don't you know that burgers are bad for you? No one eats burgers anymore - we all now want burritos from Taco Bell"

You now go to Taco Bell and order a burrito that you don't enjoy - but at least you can rest assured that everyone else have told you it is the best choice.

That's a really bad anecdote.
    Also, people who are not very good at playing the game will need every bit of stat bonus to perform well and have fun while playing the game. Sure, a 4% dps difference isn't that huge, and you can complete all content even with 20% less dps, it makes for a less fun experience, and will lead to more players leaving this game.
    Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Oh the coices...."

Also, people who are not very good at playing the game will need every bit of stat bonus to perform well and have fun while playing the game. Sure, a 4% dps difference isn't that huge, and you can complete all content even with 20% less dps, it makes for a less fun experience, and will lead to more players leaving this game.

If you are not really good at the game you will not notice any difference between races. Most players who are not really good have major issues with their rotations and general gearing which completely overshadow any kind of racial stat bonus. 4% of 10k is not the same as 4% of 60k.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Oh the coices...."

Uh wow, pretty sure people really need the bonus from racials (which is in some cases less than 5% overall from best to worst possible race) to make up their subpar skills.

If fun is determined solely by numbers I guess I'd rather have no fun at all.
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 18, 2019 7:59PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • DKMaestro
    DKMaestro
    ✭✭✭

"Oh the coices...."

Anecdote? I am just talking about burgers and burritos.

People? What people? Most people play to have fun and not in top-end raid groups. And no - they absolutely do not need or care about a miniscule stat bonus. They are not going to notice, if their frag hit for 12.6K or 12.95K and it wont matter.

And if someone leaves the game over these MINISCULE changes, I am sure they wont be missed and ZOS will have many more joining or simply not caring.
    Please are too invested, if they claim that 1% DPS loss is going to make or break their character and make them want to leave!
    Old man playing. Have a life, a job and only one character, which is grumpy (all the time)
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    I cannot believe after so many posts they are still sticking with that stupid Bosmer racial. What is it about Bosmer stealth that scares them?
    This Khajiit complains, you have any idea how much gold he makes :neutral:
    66Lgqs8l.jpg
    The fat cats wins outside PvDoor.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    If you expected a change, you either didn't look at those latest parse numbers or created so much noise that is overshadowed a race that needed the change.

Overall the races are readyto ship. You'll either have to redo your build or get a new pve guild that isn't going to kick you for 500 avg DMG decrease lol
    Then it is obvious you haven't looked at the latest parse numbers or have ever been anywhere close to the end-game raiding community.

Maybe it's time for the end game community to adapt or just stagnate mentally while following the meta and being disappointed or whatever. Honestly the crowd I feel no sympathy with is min-maxers that base their choices on pure numbers and are disappointed when not everything revolves around them.

agreed.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    If you expected a change, you either didn't look at those latest parse numbers or created so much noise that is overshadowed a race that needed the change.

Overall the races are readyto ship. You'll either have to redo your build or get a new pve guild that isn't going to kick you for 500 avg DMG decrease lol

As I said, it was mostly about the utility passives, not the stats. And also, Argonian and Bosmer in PvE?

Bosmer is totally fine and competitive in PvE.

It's a bit worse than redguard, which is exactly the same flavor-wise. And it's not really good on PvP either.

Edit: From th3asiangod (new gilliam in my opinion) prr40c52ge1h.png
    That's one of the biggest differences in dps with these new racials, together with Argonians. Also, their utility passive is sh*t.

Bosmer for pvp is dope af. For hit and run builds, and for stamnb in particular, it is a God tier race. Medium armor builds will greatly benefit from the race. It is second only to orc, but let's be serious, the number of people able to play an orc as a nb are very few :P
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    "This patch requires another PC NA character copy due to needing to test some new database code prior to PC launch."

pdb0asc96wcf.png

I am sad, Cinbri couldn't test on EU toon this PTS :\. I can't imagine the number of templar bugs heading into live lol. Where are the altmer tears for this?!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ya pretty unhappy with the changes or lack there of for the final pts....

Not surprised tho new this whole thing was gunna suck from when we first heard about it :/
    Options
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And if someone leaves the game over these MINISCULE changes, I am sure they wont be missed and ZOS will have many more joining or simply not caring.
    Please are too invested, if they claim that 1% DPS loss is going to make or break their character and make them want to leave!

I'm pretty sure people don't play this game for numbers.
    If I wanted to play a number's game, I'd play Sudoku.

Racials matter for a lot of different reasons that numbers.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am regularly looking at PTS threads and at feedback that people give to ZOS. And so far I have noticed the following:

That is about 40% of people being positive about the changes...ONLY. Does not sound good at all. Especially if you go and look at the original racial balancing goals. Almost non of them were met in most cases. What will happen is nothing will change and it will only "shift" the meta till the next racial rebalance in like 1 - 2 years.

Redguards are not happy about these changes. They've completely dropped out of the meta.

Really, the only races that are happy are:

Breton: New magicka DPS/healer meta
    Orc: New stamina DPS meta
    Nord (maybe?): New tank meta
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 18, 2019 8:16PM
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd wager the Nords are unhappy about the changes as well. From what I've read, they can do nothing other than tank.

So much for "diversity"...
    1) Argonians got an nerf who was mostly reverted but still an nerf.
    2) unhappy about nerf in 4.3.1
    3) Unhappy about nerf in 4.3.3
    4) Unhappy about loosing sneak.
    5) mostly happy, they look good .
    6) they kept the 1K dps Khajiit lost and should be very happy.
    7) an buff but still stuck as tanks.
    8) more an mehh, or rather happy not getting argoniated.
    9) throw shards and pump Spring on
    10) Who is now an bis DD build but now has to tank the final boss.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheldon-Cooper14.gif
    6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's going to be hard for me to enjoy this game if I don't like how my character looks. Maybe it's time for another break. Hopefully Elder Scrolls 6 will be released by the end of the year.
    Options
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    It's going to be hard for me to enjoy this game if I don't like how my character looks. Maybe it's time for another break. Hopefully Elder Scrolls 6 will be released by the end of the year.

Starfield is coming first but I feel for you, I can't wait for ES6 myself.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I'll be taking an indefinite break as well as this patch has been completely deflating. It just sucks that the MMO market is so barren. I like having a game I can keep coming back to after I've burned through my current single player collection. ZOS knows that, so they comfortably half ass all their patches as they aren't being challenged by any competitors. I'd cream myself if a competent AAA developer like CDPR decided to make an MMO one day.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 18, 2019 8:27PM
    Options
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Redguards are not happy about the changes. One of my redguards will be going Khajiit. I think pretty much only Bretons and Orcs are happy about the changes. My stamplar will be changing to Orc.
    Options
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite part was the statement about how the racial passive changes were going to open things up. My Bosmers feel especially not pigeon holed into a stupid way to play. I legit detest the changes and I'm mad af that we were ignored.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why don't you just play the race you like? The ~5-7% difference from best to worst race is totally negligible.
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 18, 2019 8:32PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I legit detest the changes and I'm mad af that we were ignored.

ZOS, ignoring player feedback? Can't be!

Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »

I mean, yeah, but there are different degrees of unhappiness or happiness based not as much on the race itself rather on the players spec and whether or not they pvp or play serious pve. Some look at their racials and go:

- This is useless.
    - This is useless except for one role
    - This is fine
    - This is fin- hold on a sec, the other race got what, nonono, we need rebalancing!
    - This is fine, completely balanced! *muffled snickering and gleefull handrubbing*

I'll let you decide for yourself which races are which in your own opinions :lol:

Eh, yea, to a degree.

But as a player that uses Argonians for every build - stam/mag dps. tanking, pvp, whatever... I have to say if we were allowed to choose our "racial pack" of passives to go with our chosen race appearance I would not choose Argonian for a single one (except, maybe - and I do mean maybe, one or two of my non-DK tanks) - this includes pvp consideration.

So I'm pretty much completely unhappy with the changes they've made to that particular race.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why don't you just play the race you like? The ~5-7% difference from best to worst race is totally negligible.

Since some people only understand numbers, here are some for you:

You are given 1 car, to choose out of 10.

1. 150 miles per hour top speed
    2. 148 miles per hour
    3. 146 miles per hour
    4. 144 miles per hour
    5. 6.7.8.9.10. you get the picture...

The problem is that the cars also have different colors:
    1. Yellow
    2. Green
    3. Blue
    4. Red
    5. you get the picture.

Now you like red cars, so you pick 4. You then go to your local pub to show of your new car to your friends... they all laugh at you because you picked 4, because it's not the fastest ride.

Numbers do not matter but no one likes to pick the worst of lot. It goes against every instinct we humans have, makes us feel stupid.

Options
  • Nox_Noir
    Nox_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mattproulx
    Finedaible wrote: »
    The unwillingness to listen to player feedback is honestly insulting at this point. I've just about had enough.

Listen to who? The vocal whiners? Cant please everyone. Delusional to think they're purposely sabotaging you.
    Options