Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dissapointed with the final patch

martijnlv40
martijnlv40
✭✭✭
Without going into any specifics, I just wanted to throw out there that the racials are not good enough, especially the 'utility' racials of a few are not well regarded by half this forum, and that I am dissapointed that for at least the coming three months we're stuck with the new ones. Sure, they're better than live, but they might not even be touched that much which is really a thrown away opportunity. I hope they will continue to tweak them in the coming updates!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, racials and changes mustn't please anyone. They went through with the sustain fixes in Morrowind. Most racials are absolutely fine.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot believe after so many posts they are still sticking with that stupid Bosmer racial. What is it about Bosmer stealth that scares them?
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    argonians are now the worst race again... thanks for the terrible patch notes...
    Argonian Master Race
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like there will be a big surge in the Orc population next week...

Playing since beta...
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought for sure, they would touch on the high elf one last time. I'm quite surprised at that one.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought for sure, they would touch on the high elf one last time. I'm quite surprised at that one.

If any change was likely it was Stealth for Bosmer because of obvious lore reasons. Altmer were not in need of any changes.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Honestly, racials and changes mustn't please anyone. They went through with the sustain fixes in Morrowind. Most racials are absolutely fine.

If I remember correctly they screwed sustain in Morrowind, but okay.
    Also, there's just some useless racials out there, and at least two races that are not good enough at anything to be used by people who care even a little bit about it (Argonians and Bosmer). There was still potential in fixing some of the racials, and now that potential is at least postponed or it might be thrown away and we're stuck with this for the coming years (which would give about the same situation, as some races will be used way more than others).
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you expected a change, you either didn't look at those latest parse numbers or created so much noise that is overshadowed a race that needed the change.

Overall the races are readyto ship. You'll either have to redo your build or get a new pve guild that isn't going to kick you for 500 avg DMG decrease lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    If you expected a change, you either didn't look at those latest parse numbers or created so much noise that is overshadowed a race that needed the change.

Overall the races are readyto ship. You'll either have to redo your build or get a new pve guild that isn't going to kick you for 500 avg DMG decrease lol

As I said, it was mostly about the utility passives, not the stats. And also, Argonian and Bosmer in PvE?
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The unwillingness to listen to player feedback is honestly insulting at this point. I've just about had enough.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m just surprised that there are no changes to the Shadow Mundus. When they said they were watching closely they clearly meant that they were checking that it was as massively op as they hoped.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

QFE
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As I said, it was mostly about the utility passives, not the stats. And also, Argonian and Bosmer in PvE?

Bosmer is totally fine and competitive in PvE from the last parses I've seen, right? The only issues players have with them is the stealth bonus removal.
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 18, 2019 7:17PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit will be even more *** in pvp... Great.
  • martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Bosmer is totally fine and competitive in PvE.

It's a bit worse than redguard, which is exactly the same flavor-wise. And it's not really good on PvP either.

Edit: From th3asiangod (new gilliam in my opinion) prr40c52ge1h.png
    That's one of the biggest differences in dps with these new racials, together with Argonians. Also, their utility passive is sh*t.
    Edited by martijnlv40 on February 18, 2019 7:21PM
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then it is obvious you haven't looked at the latest parse numbers or have ever been anywhere close to the end-game raiding community.
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "This patch requires another PC NA character copy due to needing to test some new database code prior to PC launch."

pdb0asc96wcf.png

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then it is obvious you haven't looked at the latest parse numbers or have ever been anywhere close to the end-game raiding community.

Maybe it's time for the end game community to adapt or just stagnate mentally while following the meta and being disappointed or whatever. Honestly the crowd I feel no sympathy with is min-maxers that base their choices on pure numbers and are disappointed when not everything revolves around them.
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 18, 2019 7:21PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game uninstalled
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed from all the parse numbers iv seen has everything pretty balanced I wasn't expecting anything else to change.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am regularly looking at PTS threads and at feedback that people give to ZOS. And so far I have noticed the following:
    1. Argonians - extremely unhappy about changes
    2. Hight elves - strongly unhappy about changes
    3. Khajiits - strongly unhappy about changes
    4. Wood elves - strongly unhappy about changes
    5. Imperials - unhappy / "mehh" about changes
    6. Dark elves - unhappy / "mehh" about changes
    7. Nords - happy about changes
    8. Redguards - happy about changes
    9. Bretons - extremely happy about changes
    10. Ors - extremely happy about changes

That is about 40% of people being positive about the changes...ONLY. Does not sound good at all. Especially if you go and look at the original racial balancing goals. Almost non of them were met in most cases. What will happen is nothing will change and it will only "shift" the meta till the next racial rebalance in like 1 - 2 years.
  • Razorback174
    Razorback174
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am regularly looking at PTS threads and at feedback that people give to ZOS. And so far I have noticed the following:

That is about 40% of people being positive about the changes...ONLY. Does not sound good at all. Especially if you go and look at the original racial balancing goals. Almost non of them were met in most cases. What will happen is nothing will change and it will only "shift" the meta till the next racial rebalance in like 1 - 2 years.

I'd wager the Nords are unhappy about the changes as well. From what I've read, they can do nothing other than tank.

So much for "diversity"...
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good job providing solid objective data and not a bunch of subjective claims that bear literally zero relevancy. /s
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit stays with the lame excuse for a balance change that was not even as much as commented on. Haven't felt this sick after patch notes in a long time. Thx alot...
    6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
  • soynegroyque
    soynegroyque
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if we will have a mass extinction of players like we had in Morrowind.
    Good times.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Nords are not happy with these changes. I'm race changing next update.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if we will have a mass extinction of players like we had in Morrowind.
    Good times.

I would say if something like that were to happen, it would've been with Murkmire and shield changes. Race changes will have minimal effect on most players.
    Edited by Royaji on February 18, 2019 7:39PM
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    The racial balance changes aren't better or worse for me, so I am totally neutral.
    But how can someone call this balanced now?
    That's the same as before just in another way...

All these resources could have been used for new crown store items.
    PTS-EU
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit stays with the lame excuse for a balance change that was not even as much as commented on. Haven't felt this sick after patch notes in a long time. Thx alot...

4.3.3 killed any potential of seeing competitive khajiit healers in Trials, was a direct nerf to PvE, and made nightblade gankers more problematic in PvP, and killed any gear or build diversity. I am quite pissed. If they were truly over-performing as magicka dps 4.3.2, then ZoS should not have reworked the entire friggin' passive instead of tweaking it. I can only hope that by some miracle all these terrible changes to races get fixed somewhat before Wrathstone release. Otherwise, I don't see much enjoyment in this game anymore. Who cares about Elseweyr if the game isn't even fun to play anymore. It's all been slowly downhill since Morrowind.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So AD is unhappy, DC is happy, and EP runs the gamut from happy to extremely unhappy, if your assessment is correct.