Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial Racial

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter the way you look at it though, it is such an outrage that the Imperial race is effectively shafted and given an entire week's 'bye' while people can continue testing all the other races. Imperial couldn't even be given a working passive for the course of an entire week so that at least some meaningful testing could be done.

To be fair though there's no need to test the new Red Diamond. We all know what it will does. It winds up +67 magicka/health/stam per second and that's not in PvP and assuming you're constantly doing direct damage.

Direct damage. You know what that does for my imperial stam sorc that relies on DoTs right? Virtually everything he does is a DoT.

So we don't need to test it, we know it's lousy :)

unless that dot has a 5-6 second duration; initial hit dots have direct dmg components attached so you likely will proc red diamond.

jabs/sweeps on the other hand; both PTS versions no longer synergize unlike live does for jabs.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    (after 4.3.3 hit)
    Man now this is game changer. Im absolutely happy with my Imperial now
    Rawr
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not quite absolutely happy but I'm pleased to see imperial moving in the right direction. I think now it just needs a flat magicka bonus or a buffed Red Diamond and all is well.
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: forgot the change made in 4.3.2
    Edited by Dread_Guy on February 11, 2019 8:03PM
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter the way you look at it though, it is such an outrage that the Imperial race is effectively shafted and given an entire week's 'bye' while people can continue testing all the other races. Imperial couldn't even be given a working passive for the course of an entire week so that at least some meaningful testing could be done.

To be fair though there's no need to test the new Red Diamond. We all know what it will does. It winds up +67 magicka/health/stam per second and that's not in PvP and assuming you're constantly doing direct damage.

Direct damage. You know what that does for my imperial stam sorc that relies on DoTs right? Virtually everything he does is a DoT.

So we don't need to test it, we know it's lousy :)

Light attacks are direct damage. Unless you are unable to weave Red Diamond will always proc off cooldown.
    Edited by Royaji on February 11, 2019 7:59PM
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I weave all the time and forgot about that :)
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still think it's a bit too low though
    Edited by Holycannoli on February 11, 2019 9:28PM
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    On stamina builds imperial is a quite competitive race now. 60 stamina/second, ultimate cost reduction, reduction to block bash, sprint, dodge, break free etc is also equal to an additional 40 stamina at least I pve plus the added dps from more ultimates.

The high health and stamina is also very useful since it gets amped up noticeably now.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we ignore this threat. Imperials are fine now. They have something that compliments magicka and stamina roles and it isn't super bad so hush up and be happy. This is a good change and is healthy for the game as a whole.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New changes are terrible. I liked the big heal for my Stamplar. Looks like I'm using my token to change.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • WikiMeister
    WikiMeister
    ✭✭✭
    New changes are terrible. I liked the big heal for my Stamplar. Looks like I'm using my token to change.

The active endurance play style of Orc may much more be to your liking then - not to mention Orc Stamplars hit insanely hard, even currently on live. Imperials as of this current state are as perfect as they ought to have always been.
    AU | NA-PC Beta veteran since 2014. Dies to 999+ latency.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great change. I'm actually tempted to try out Imperial now.

They di need a magicka resource though. If Imperials are all-rounders then commit to it.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a tank I don’t want any more changes for my imperial
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imp Looks OK now.
    Could be tweaked a bit but overall seems to be OK.
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give them a max magic too and we have some great racials for Imperial.
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a step in the right direction for the Imperial. It still won't be one of the best races, but at least it's sitting somewhere in the middle of the pack. I would like a change to the attributes from 2000/2000 to 1000/1500/1500, but the 3% all reduction cost is a good change.

This is the first positive thing that I've said about Imperials after the 21 update to racials.
    Edited by sionIV on February 12, 2019 7:12AM
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial looks decent atm, though I would have preferred if they gave it the old red diamond (1750 heal) with the new 3% ability cost reduction. That could have made some pretty damn interesting builds such as master 1h + volatile and such. The sustain passive just seems boring to me. I wouldn't bump up the cost reduction to 5% though that's kind of overpowered.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 percent wouldnt be overpowered.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    On stamina builds imperial is a quite competitive race now. 60 stamina/second, ultimate cost reduction, reduction to block bash, sprint, dodge, break free etc is also equal to an additional 40 stamina at least I pve plus the added dps from more ultimates.

The high health and stamina is also very useful since it gets amped up noticeably now.

You could even *almost* get away with running green food on an Imperial stam toon now. With something like Ravager, you'd have ~14.6k health or thereabouts without Minor Toughness or Ebon. Right now on an Imperial Stamsorc, I hit about 1.5-2k lower than I do on an Orc or Khajiit (solo). Green food would give another ~2k max stam, which doesn't quite make up the 258 weapon damage you'd have on an Orc or Dunmer but it's damn close (and you have marginally better sustain via 3% cost reduction and roughly 60-70 stam/second from Red Diamond).

If the CP buffs to racial passives end up being modified to be multiplicative, that might be ~15k health. Could work on a Rending Slashes stamsorc or on a stamplar. Definitely PvP possibilities as well; the ulti cost reduction would synergize nicely with something like Deadwater's Guile or Werewolf Hide.
    Edited by LiquidPony on February 12, 2019 7:59AM
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

You could even *almost* get away with running green food on an Imperial stam toon now. With something like Ravager, you'd have ~14.6k health or thereabouts without Minor Toughness or Ebon. Right now on an Imperial Stamsorc, I hit about 1.5-2k lower than I do on an Orc or Khajiit (solo).

If the CP buffs to racial passives end up being modified to be multiplicative, that might be ~15k health. Could work on a Rending Slashes stamsorc or on a stamplar. Definitely PvP possibilities as well; the ulti cost reduction would synergize nicely with something like Deadwater's Guile or Werewolf Hide.

250Ult is with Imp 242
    Incap for Example is only 68.

The cost reduction looks good on paper, kinda suxx in game.
    Sure depending on class/build it can be usefull.

Need to go to pts and check how good cost reduction and Red Diamond work with a Stamtoon Dps
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »

You could even *almost* get away with running green food on an Imperial stam toon now. With something like Ravager, you'd have ~14.6k health or thereabouts without Minor Toughness or Ebon. Right now on an Imperial Stamsorc, I hit about 1.5-2k lower than I do on an Orc or Khajiit (solo).

250Ult is with Imp 242

Need to go to pts and check how good cost reduction and Red Diamond work with a Stamtoon Dps

Sure, it's not a significant buff but it's not nothing. Dawnbreaker costs 103 ulti on an Imperial Stamsorc.

I've just done a bunch of parses on that Imperial Stamsorc and Red Diamond averages right around 65 stamina/second returned. Cost reduction saves roughly 50 stam/second.
    Edited by LiquidPony on February 12, 2019 8:05AM
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 percent wouldnt be overpowered.

It's not just skills, it's also ultimates, break free, roll, sprint, etc. 3% is fine and 5% would be on the edge of being overpowered.
    Edited by sionIV on February 12, 2019 8:09AM
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

250Ult is with Imp 242

Sure, it's not a significant buff but it's not nothing. Dawnbreaker costs 103 ulti on an Imperial Stamsorc.

I've just done a bunch of parses on that Imperial Stamsorc and Red Diamond averages right around 65 stamina/second returned. Cost reduction saves roughly 50 stam/second.

Like i said before, Imperial seems to be a nice Race if u Tank/PvP and PvE Dps on the same char.
    I dont call them weak, and compared to my live Imp those things are a Buff. Sorc gets a lot out of it :smile:

@sionIV Are those additive or multiplicative with the cp stuff spent? Then we see if its strong or just a waste.
    Edited by actosh on February 12, 2019 8:14AM
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sustain from Red Diamond is far below Redguard sustain, even below Bosmer sustain. However, Imperials are getting 2k more health...

They seem ok-ish now. On solo parses I get worse DPS than Bosmer, but I guess in good raid environments with group buffs they should parse very similar to Redguard and Bosmer. There won't be a reason to take them, though, as Stam DPS. Bosmer get a bit more sustain and Poison Status Effect Immunity, Redguards don't get something special, too, but they've got the best sustain by far. So with Imperials only bringing sustain to the table, why prefer it over one of the races with better sustain?

Ok, Imperials get 2k health, but with buff food being buffed by the CP 20% bonus to ressources you won't need them anyway...
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, Imperials get 2k health, but with buff food being buffed by the CP 20% bonus to ressources you won't need them anyway...

Someone may like that hp. Tanks and PvP players for sure. But I see, you're looking at stam DD, and I get what you're saying. But maybe, just maybe, we could add some other race to your equation.
    If you can sustain an orc, why would you pick any other race?

Imperial was very good for tanking since 4.3.2, now we also got ~1/5 of nords ulti regen.
    So as a result:
    Imperial is 3/4 Argonian and 1/5 Nord. Nice :D

Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sustain from Red Diamond is far below Redguard sustain, even below Bosmer sustain. However, Imperials are getting 2k more health...

They seem ok-ish now. On solo parses I get worse DPS than Bosmer, but I guess in good raid environments with group buffs they should parse very similar to Redguard and Bosmer. There won't be a reason to take them, though, as Stam DPS. Bosmer get a bit more sustain and Poison Status Effect Immunity, Redguards don't get something special, too, but they've got the best sustain by far. So with Imperials only bringing sustain to the table, why prefer it over one of the races with better sustain?

bosmer and imp have same stam bonus. bosmer gets 250 regen, imp gets 70 ish? regen and 3 cost reduc. the other passives doesnt matter for pve.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »

bosmer and imp have same stam bonus. bosmer gets 250 regen, imp gets 70 ish? regen and 3 cost reduc. the other passives doesnt matter for pve.

Red Diamond is roughly 130 regen. Regen ticks every 2 seconds. Cost reduction adds another 50 or so. Now you are not that far from bosmer and still have 2k more health and saying that it does not matter is flat out wrong.
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty happy with the reduction over the block cost I would still like to see the heal from reddiamond looked at again in pvp uts pretty much going tobe non existent
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The 3% is too small to care, the argonian-lite resource return is too small to care and not controllable like it is for argonian. The resource pool advantage is not as high as it was for imperials. Imperials still are no good for anything.

I’d prefer the resource return back to a higher amount just for health, like it was. And cost reduction for all-rounder is ok as an idea, but 3% is laughable. Bretons get 7%. Yes, imperial is for “all the things” but no one cares about that, we use Magicka or stamina for dps, one or the other. That’s the way this game is designed.
    Edited by Pevey on February 12, 2019 12:12PM
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Red Diamond is roughly 130 regen. Regen ticks every 2 seconds. Cost reduction adds another 50 or so. Now you are not that far from bosmer and still have 2k more health and saying that it does not matter is flat out wrong.
    Please remember that actual Stam Rec gets buffed by everything which buffs Stam Rec, AFAIK Red Diamond regen doesn't get buffed from potions etc. Bosmer Stamina Rec of 258 will be at least 381 with Potions (Major Endurance) and 7 Medium, it will be even more if you are Nightblade, Warden, Sorc and/or Vampire.

Compared to that ~190 Regen from being Imperial, Bosmer have double the sustain bonus.

The reduction of Ultimate cost is barely noticable, just think about how long a fight has actually to be so you can throw another ultimate due to 3% cost reduction. I play Stam DK, I think I'd have to throw like 30-40 Standards to get an additionally Standard out of it if everything works perfectly...

I like the changes, but they are not over the top or something. I think Imperials could still be buffed without being OP.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!