Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do you hope to see next week with racial changes?

• Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It really does seem like ZOS doesn't give a crap about Nords honestly. Outside of tanking they're going to be useless next update. They need something; whether it be damage or sustain.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well someone has to say it....PVE (endgame raids) racial diversity for DD's is gutted with those Patches.
    Those are estimated BIS setups, some things are already proven (orc > khajit for sNB for example)

Now on Live we see mostly:
    stam DD -> Redguard
    Mag DD -> Dunmer, altmer
    Healers -> Altmer, Bretons, Argonians
    Tanks -> Argonians, Imperials

With PTS 4.3.3 I would reduce those down to:
    stam DD -> Orc
    Mag DD -> Breton
    Healers -> Breton, (maybe Argonians)
    Tanks -> Nords, Imperial and Argonian

overall we went from 6 Different Races down to 5
    3 of those 5 Races are likely to end up as Tanks.
    the Main diversity loss is towards Mag DD and healers, while Tanks got a new viable race with Nords now.
    For stam DD's in BIS setups, they just gona roll an Orc and use Lavafood, to make up the sustainloss from moving aways from Redguard.

Here's my Idea, which Passives were good / as balanced as possible by Patches:

4.3.0 Orc, Redguard, Altmer, Nord
    4.3.2 Khajit, Breton, Argonian
    4.3.3 Imperial, Bosmer

Dunmer got pushed into Hybrid, which IMO is a bad decision, buit jeah why not, let it be a Hybrid for PVP...PVE its prob useless, unless you switch between stam and mag alot, letting you save money for Tokens.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The developers are finally taking a step in the right direction with the Imperial changes in 4.3.3.

I'm fine with the Imperial as it is right now, but I wouldn't say no to them changing the attributes from 2000/2000 to 1000/1500/1500.

Orc still needs to lose 500 stamina.
    Edited by sionIV on February 12, 2019 7:17AM
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stam DD -> Redguard
    Mag DD -> Dunmer, altmer

Nope. On live you see:

Mag DD: altmer
    Healer: Mag DD altmer respec skills into healer
    Stam DD: Redguard
    Tank: Stam DD redguard respec skills into tank and sometimes Argonian

For pvp same thing as above except some people use argonian more
    Holy trinity of redguard argonian and altmer must come to an end
    Edited by clocksstoppe on February 12, 2019 7:21AM
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stam DD -> Redguard
    Mag DD -> Dunmer, altmer

Nope. On live you see:

Mag DD: altmer
    Healer: Mag DD altmer respec skills into healer
    Stam DD: Redguard
    Tank: Stam DD redguard respec skills into tank and sometimes Argonian

For pvp same thing as above except some people use argonian more
    Holy trinity of redguard argonian and altmer must come to an end

ppl who main tank (outside of hodor players like AndyS offtanking vCR +3 with a bow backbar :joy: ) use mostly argonians tho, since it provides best survivability due to healing passives and the "oh ***" potion press.

and also for healers you see some more diversity than only altmer, yes they make the bulk of them, but also bretons and lizards are comonly used by ppl who only play healers.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    As I already said, pretty sure next week they'll deploy the final build which will go live, e.g. minor changes at best. Most races are absolutely fine now.

Many Bosmer disagree. Frankly, there will be no Bosmer if this goes live. No stealth = not a Bosmer.

Okay, I think that's fine and ZOS did a good job when that's the only problem. The Bosmer complaints are the only ones I can fully understand, nevertheless they are far from useless.
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 12, 2019 7:55AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial:
    The Health sustain via Red Diamond needs to go, since its way to low to have any noticeable effect.
    Kill it and raise stam/mag return to 500, and bump the cost reduction to at least 4 or 5%. Wouldnt make them to op.

Imperial looks only good if u want to dd/tank on the same char.

Hope they do something, since Nord has almost same Base Stats, wich is kinda strange. I get that they need health and stam, but they offer more then Imperial.

Sure some testing needs to be done, but i can tell u, nord wont be far behind imp in dps. Both somewhere in the middle ^^
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As I already said, pretty sure next week they'll deploy the final build which will go live, e.g. minor changes at best. Most races are absolutely fine now.

Many Bosmer disagree. Frankly, there will be no Bosmer if this goes live. No stealth = not a Bosmer.

Okay, I think that's fine and ZOS did a good job when that's the only problem. The Bosmer complaints are the only ones I can fully understand, nevertheless they are far from useless.

Give me ONE instance where the counter stealth passive is of the slightest use in PVE. There are millions of places, situations, and quests, and I would like to know ONE where that passive does diddly squat in PVE. It is useless. It is the most useless thing ever conceived, heck, the devs even acknowledged that it was useless in PVE.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Give me ONE instance where the counter stealth passive is of the slightest use in PVE. There are millions of places, situations, and quests, and I would like to know ONE where that passive does diddly squat in PVE. It is useless. It is the most useless thing ever conceived, heck, the devs even acknowledged that it was useless in PVE.

It was never mandatory that every racial is useful in PvE and PvP. Was never a ZOS stated goal, hasn't been the case for the last 5 years and won't be in the future it seems which is ok.
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 12, 2019 8:06AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Soldier224
    Soldier224
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It should now remain as it is on the PTS. There are always Players who want moan about Changes when they are not have the best Race of all with an big distant. Selfish Players.
    Man muss realistisch sein - Neunfinger Logan (First Law Trilogy)
    RP Guide: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/431297/rp-guide-aus-persoenlicher-sicht-was-ist-rp
    Für alle Einbrecher Tamriels oder die die es werden wollen:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/313750/diebestouren-guide-effektiver-diebstahl-in-teso (veraltet)
    Überblick über die Häuser der Dunmer (Enthält Interpretationen/Für Diskussionen offen):
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/481389/die-haeuser-der-dunmer-in-der-zeit-von-eso-haus-hlaalu-redoran-telvanni

• Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It was never mandatory that every racial is useful in PvE and PvP. Was never a ZOS stated goal, hasn't been the case for the last 5 years and won't be in the future it seems which is ok.

What other passive is or has ever been PVP only? None. This is the first, and it is the only. Even the AP bonus that Bretons get is useful for PVE in Cyrodiil. So, no. This is an entirely valid complaint. Seriously, I've seen you acknowledge Bosmers have gotten a raw deal in other threads, I don't understand why it's suddenly ok now.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What other passive is or has ever been PVP only? None. This is the first, and it is the only. Even the AP bonus that Bretons get is useful for PVE in Cyrodiil. So, no. This is an entirely valid complaint. Seriously, I've seen you acknowledge Bosmers have gotten a raw deal in other threads, I don't understand why it's suddenly ok now.

Uhm I am still saying Bosmer players are the only ones that have a real reason to complain. That's the point where I'd like to agree and say: ZOS, what was the reasoning behind this? Apart from this one racial I think the overwhelming majority of the racials are fine and most changes are very good. That's what I meant - overall ZOS did a surprisingly good job.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    To keep this brief; loving Imperial. Keep it exactly where it is now and concentrate on working out the kinks and dents of the other races.

Particularly:
    1. Fix Altmer Spell Recharge passive to restore resources to the resource of lower CURRENT PERCENT rather than MAXIMUM CAP.
    2. Consider raising Argonian HP/Magicka caps to bring them in line with the overwhelming numerical advantages other races have.
    3. Fix Bosmer. Top to toe. Put stealth footprint reduction passive back into Hunter's Eye alongside detection for two-way effectiveness.

I just LOVE this interpretation of spell recharge! Yes! Zos at least give us that! Please!
    The Gaming Rev
    YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Magicka Nightblade, Breton
    Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial reduction increase. Take orc stam to 1500 or 1000. Add 3% crit along with the dmg (possible buff resources to 1k each also). Make bosmer pen permanent.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial reduction increase. Take orc stam to 1500 or 1000. Add 3% crit along with the dmg (possible buff resources to 1k each also). Make bosmer pen permanent.

Ehm whut

Reding this made 0 sense for me, please explain
    PC EU

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amorpho wrote: »
    To keep this brief; loving Imperial. Keep it exactly where it is now and concentrate on working out the kinks and dents of the other races.

Particularly:
    1. Fix Altmer Spell Recharge passive to restore resources to the resource of lower CURRENT PERCENT rather than MAXIMUM CAP.
    2. Consider raising Argonian HP/Magicka caps to bring them in line with the overwhelming numerical advantages other races have.
    3. Fix Bosmer. Top to toe. Put stealth footprint reduction passive back into Hunter's Eye alongside detection for two-way effectiveness.

I just LOVE this interpretation of spell recharge! Yes! Zos at least give us that! Please!

Just take code from orbs before rework and rework it spell charge.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everything the same except:

Wood Elves: get baseline 1k penetration and double after dodge roll
    Altmer: Revert the regen passive really they basically have 2 passives now
    Imperial: Add Max magicka
    Khajit: increase crit damage to 12%
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial is starting to look good but the heal on red diamond as it stands is like in pvp its giving me a heal so small after its cut in half and defiles needs tobe looked at I think. Also I dont like the khajiit crit changes I think they should go back to the 8% crit just giving those gankers more dmg with the crit dmg
    Edited by J18696 on February 12, 2019 12:03PM
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well someone has to say it....PVE (endgame raids) racial diversity for DD's is gutted with those Patches.
    Those are estimated BIS setups, some things are already proven (orc > khajit for sNB for example)

stam DD -> Redguard
    Mag DD -> Dunmer, altmer

stam DD -> Orc
    Mag DD -> Breton

the Main diversity loss is towards Mag DD and healers, while Tanks got a new viable race with Nords now.
    For stam DD's in BIS setups, they just gona roll an Orc and use Lavafood, to make up the sustainloss from moving aways from Redguard.

4.3.3 Imperial, Bosmer

Dunmer got pushed into Hybrid, which IMO is a bad decision, buit jeah why not, let it be a Hybrid for PVP...PVE its prob useless, unless you switch between stam and mag alot, letting you save money for Tokens.
    Dunmer is Altmer with 125 less magic. They are also orcs with 125 less stamina but with magic rather than the Orc health benefits.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything the same except:

Wood Elves: get baseline 1k penetration and double after dodge roll
    Altmer: Revert the regen passive really they basically have 2 passives now
    Imperial: Add Max magicka
    Khajit: increase crit damage to 12%
    This, now buff Dunmer, perhaps something who benefit magic: wild idea fire damage :)

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS don't want to give

stam DD -> Redguard
    Mag DD -> Dunmer, altmer

stam DD -> Orc
    Mag DD -> Breton

4.3.3 Imperial, Bosmer

Yeah it's really disheartening to see how unbalanced the races have ended up with these changes. I thought that the intention was to make more races viable, but instead they've done the opposite. Now all my Redguards and Altmers are not going to be competitive next patch. At least before as healers we had a choice between Breton, Argonian and Altmer. Now it's Breton and only Breton. Thanks ZOS for killing diversity.
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

stam DD -> Redguard
    Mag DD -> Dunmer, altmer

stam DD -> Orc
    Mag DD -> Breton

4.3.3 Imperial, Bosmer

Dunmer is Altmer with 125 less magic. They are also orcs with 125 less stamina but with magic rather than the Orc health benefits.

jeah, they are now the jac of all traits, and master of none (hybrid aint good enough to be worth)...as are khajits now, sadly
    PC EU

• Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add to this overall narrowing of races for specific roles the removal of one of the two stealth races; now if you play for stealth you have no reason to pick anything but Khajiit. Not exactly accomplishing the goals ZOS stated of opening up more diversity for players.

Either:

1) Bring back the Bosmer stealth bonus, or
    2) Remove the pickpocketing/stealth bonus from Khajiit as well and move all of this into the Legerdemain tree, opening up stealth playstyle to all characters regardless of race, as long as they want to invest the points into it. Then Khajiit who don't care about stealth don't feel like they have a wasted passive, and players who chose Bosmer for stealth can regain their passives if they choose.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truthsnark wrote: »
    Add to this overall narrowing of races for specific roles the removal of one of the two stealth races; now if you play for stealth you have no reason to pick anything but Khajiit. Not exactly accomplishing the goals ZOS stated of opening up more diversity for players.

Either:

1) Bring back the Bosmer stealth bonus, or
    2) Remove the pickpocketing/stealth bonus from Khajiit as well and move all of this into the Legerdemain tree, opening up stealth playstyle to all characters regardless of race, as long as they want to invest the points into it. Then Khajiit who don't care about stealth don't feel like they have a wasted passive, and players who chose Bosmer for stealth can regain their passives if they choose.

This is actually a great idea.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly saying, i don't wait anything anymore.

Imperial change is good of course, after this consecutive buffs imperials look solid as PVE tanks and opens a gate to a lot of non-standard builds around lava foot soup.

Bosmer is now put in same place where he was before - niche pvp race. It's all be tolerable if they replaced totally useless stealth detection with something like "decreased time to go to stealth" etc.. also penetration is probably WORST stat choice for temporary buff. Provide either protection or weapon damage buff after roll-dodge.
    For bosmer it just looks like devs have this useless "set bonuses" like detection and they don't know where to place them and then decide to put them all on bosmer.

Khajiit change is really bad. From math done by t3hasiangod and susmidts we see that there will be barely noticeable dps impact, but from uniqueness of the race - it is lost completely with this change, khajiit becomes jack-of-all-trades but master of nothing, similar to dunmer.
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭

the bosmer, cat stealthy passive was also mainly useful in PvP or did u cloak in ur dungeon runs :trollface:
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think stuff is pretty much balanced across the board.

All I want for Imperial is a magicka bonus and I'll love them as much as I did back in 1.0 - 1.3 days

Altmers are fine, Orcs are looking pretty good, Bretons are fine, Khajiit idk this recent rework can be dangerously OP in certain enviroments
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murador178 wrote: »

the bosmer, cat stealthy passive was also mainly useful in PvP or did u cloak in ur dungeon runs :trollface:

Pve applications of stealth:

Theives guild dlc, Assassin’s guild dlc, stealing from lock boxes, pickpocketing, damage opener vs more difficult opponents, skipping past mobs in delves, grabbing theives troves when there are npcs nearby, using blade of woe, dailies, general questing that requires stealth,...

PvP uses for stealth:

Combat openers, combat evasion, scouting

•••

Stealth is used in pvp yes, but it is”mainly” used in Pve. Why do you think you see so many players stealthing around major cities? To hide from other players?
    Edited by BlueRaven on February 12, 2019 5:27PM
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Murador178 wrote: »

I am always in stealth if I am on my own two feet and not some 4 or 6 footed riding animal. I'd stealth on them, too, if I could. So I have found the stealth bonus to be a benefit all the time. And, yeah, I'd stealth through a public dungeon to get to the bosses without having to waste time against the mooks.
  • twing1_
    twing1_
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly saying, i don't wait anything anymore.

Imperial change is good of course, after this consecutive buffs imperials look solid as PVE tanks and opens a gate to a lot of non-standard builds around lava foot soup.

Bosmer is now put in same place where he was before - niche pvp race. It's all be tolerable if they replaced totally useless stealth detection with something like "decreased time to go to stealth" etc.. also penetration is probably WORST stat choice for temporary buff. Provide either protection or weapon damage buff after roll-dodge.
    For bosmer it just looks like devs have this useless "set bonuses" like detection and they don't know where to place them and then decide to put them all on bosmer.

Khajiit change is really bad. From math done by t3hasiangod and susmidts we see that there will be barely noticeable dps impact, but from uniqueness of the race - it is lost completely with this change, khajiit becomes jack-of-all-trades but master of nothing, similar to dunmer.

If I recall correctly Khajit are the only class with stealth passives. Dunmer don't even have this benefit.

This is where giving the dunmer the off-stat sustain currently found on altmer could really help them out, making them the race with unquestionably the most off-stat utility.
    Edited by twing1_ on February 12, 2019 4:25PM