Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do you hope to see next week with racial changes?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
How are imperial feeling now? Does it look better?

How are our my wood elf pals?

Altmers complain harder.. maybe let people know in game what will be happening?

Orcs looks like things are still good.

Nord dps no hope in sight ....?
  • dave_harter_ESO
    dave_harter_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The Altmer latest changes are a very poorly thought out nerf to the third best performing magika race. Altmer will be garbage in pve when these changes go live. As for the latest Bosmer changes are not very good either. Bosmers should be stealthy. The last round of changes has me loosing faith in the game.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm not on board with the Bosmer changes, and I don't see myself getting on board unless they change it to something that makes sense. The complete and total refusal to do that is frustrating.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well as Khajiit will now be tilted toward stamina, they will be weaker than Altmer / Breton in magic build and stamina builds will obviously be weaker than Orc anyway they can demand an buff :)

Altmer problem is Dunmer, both are very equal except that Altmer has 150 more magic with the new cp, this includes +stamina. Solution is to buff Dunmer, then you have to buff Altmer :)

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nord with some sustain would be nice.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something moving back towards racial passives which make sense to the race's stereotypes and themes.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rake wrote: »
    Nord with some sustain would be nice.
    Yes an tank race without any sustain is kind of interesting,
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Still completely miserable.

Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring all races to 4.3.0 pts patch, where imperial needs a bit buff and some other minimal changes. Other races was in good place. Now everything shows that khajiits in raid IMO will just burn everything with 81% crit dmg (with shadow), bretons and redguard will gives you good sustain but even orc will out sustain and out dps with 258 wd redguard without loosing anything. Argonian still the best race tank and top2 healers with breton. Other's races are ***.
    Edited by DarkPicture on February 11, 2019 9:02PM
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial changes are ok, but still really unhappy that nothing was done for Altmer.
    They could have changed stamina regen to health if they didnt want to give them magic.
    This would not have made sense as far as lore goes either, but at least it would have been something that was somewhat useful..
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I already said, pretty sure next week they'll deploy the final build which will go live, e.g. minor changes at best. Most races are absolutely fine now.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Nox_Noir
    Nox_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just delete hunters eye all together then at least we wont get its uselessness rubbed in all the time
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    As I already said, pretty sure next week they'll deploy the final build which will go live, e.g. minor changes at best. Most races are absolutely fine now.

Many Bosmer disagree. Frankly, there will be no Bosmer if this goes live. No stealth = not a Bosmer.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something that makes Argonians not bottom tier.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True, even Altmer stamina has plenty of uses even if weak.
    Bosmer got some very weak ones. I would give "Ignore Movement Speed penalty of Sneak." as one free effect then something more and better than that you got.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

True, even Altmer stamina has plenty of uses even if weak.
    Bosmer got some very weak ones. I would give "Ignore Movement Speed penalty of Sneak." as one free effect then something more and better than that you got.

Of honestly instead of peneration would of more been a fan of more speed while sneaking kinda like the khajit doubling but different. It would make sneaky bosmers happy and other bosmers feel better.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My painpoints were Imperial, Altmer, Dunmer and Bosmer. My feelings now:

Altmer: Still needs magicka recovery (in one form or another).
    Dunmer: Still needs something unique to give flavour.
    Bosmer: Better than before but the penetration bonus should be permanent. PvE doesn't benefit anything from temporary penetration boost. This whole passive is PvP focused.
    Imperial: Red Diamond looks very good now. Wouldn't complain if it came to live as it is but I'd still hope to get max magicka bonus to Imperial.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sinolai wrote: »
    My painpoints were Imperial, Altmer, Dunmer and Bosmer. My feelings now:

Altmer: Still needs magicka recovery (in one form or another).
    Dunmer: Still needs something unique to give flavour.
    Bosmer: Better than before but the penetration bonus should be permanent. PvE doesn't benefit anything from temporary penetration boost. This whole passive is PvP focused.
    Imperial: Red Diamond looks very good now. Wouldn't complain if it came to live as it is but I'd still hope to get max magicka bonus to Imperial.

I agree on Altmer. As for Dunmer, I think their flavor is fully reflected in their passives. They've always been known as adept at both blade and magic - their passives reflect that, as well as their resistance to flame.

I'd still like Bosmer to have something related to sneaking/thievery, as that is what they are known for. This whole hunter thing seems something ZOS came up with to try and give them a distinction from Khajiit. I like the idea proposed to give them an ignore movement speed penalty of sneak. That would fit in with the idea of a hunter, as they would be sneaking up on their prey. I also still maintain that the ability to remain undetected by one's prey is a sign of a good hunter, as well.

In regard to Imperial, giving them max magicka will take away from the Dunmer's identity.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulsahdaal wrote: »
    Imperial changes are ok, but still really unhappy that nothing was done for Altmer.
    They could have changed stamina regen to health if they didnt want to give them magic.
    This would not have made sense as far as lore goes either, but at least it would have been something that was somewhat useful..

Health makes more sense lore-wise as Altmer are known for their long lives (vitality). It would also actually be useful for both PvE and PvP.

But ZOS seems intent on getting all Altmers to race change.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 12, 2019 8:29AM
  • WikiMeister
    WikiMeister
    ✭✭✭
    To keep this brief; loving Imperial. Keep it exactly where it is now and concentrate on working out the kinks and dents of the other races.

Particularly:
    1. Fix Altmer Spell Recharge passive to restore resources to the resource of lower CURRENT PERCENT rather than MAXIMUM CAP.
    2. Consider raising Argonian HP/Magicka caps to bring them in line with the overwhelming numerical advantages other races have.
    3. Fix Bosmer. Top to toe. Put stealth footprint reduction passive back into Hunter's Eye alongside detection for two-way effectiveness.
    Edited by WikiMeister on February 11, 2019 9:49PM
    AU | NA-PC Beta veteran since 2014. Dies to 999+ latency.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All but one of my characters are Altmer ... Folks keep talking about it being a 1% issue, but lack of magicka sustain will affect solo players even more than folks playing with full raid support. I really hope they come to their senses!
  • twing1_
    twing1_
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Khajit change I think is perfect. Brings down their magicka DPS a bit (which allows for Altmer and Breton to hash it out for the top seat) and strengthens their stamina counter parts. The only blaring issue I have with the current racial passives is Altmer's off-stat sustain. But this isn't for balancing reasons (as i believe the current hierarchy is where it needs to be, with Altmer/Breton at the top and Dunmer/Khajit very close behind), this is only because it's cutting into Dunmer's racial identity as the hybrid race. As it is currently on PTS, these two races are virtually indistinguishable from one another, outside of Dunmer having 125 less maximum magicka.

Here's my detailed analysis as to why:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/457979/lack-of-racial-identity-between-altmer-and-dunmer#latest

Argonians could also use a bit of loving, I think they are giving up too much offensive power without enough return in survivability. I would suggest replacing their +6% healing done with +4% healing done AND received.
    Edited by twing1_ on February 12, 2019 12:05AM
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is next week live? That's when they love to throw in the curveballs. I cant wait to see what they do this time
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB back crit chance for khajiit, even rollback to have same racials which we have now on live..current is slighty minimal barely visible buff for hardcore meta exp players in raid while for rest players who dont care about meta its significant nerf with removing remains of build diversity between khajiit and other races
    Edited by Edziu on February 12, 2019 12:06AM
  • fakingfocused
    fakingfocused
    ✭✭✭

Nord dps no hope in sight ....?

I hope at some point they will get some DPS bonus for Stam.
    Edited by fakingfocused on February 12, 2019 12:12AM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is hopeless. They made a huge mess out of this. It will leave a significant number of customers unhappy and will offer few practical benefits away from giving theorycrafters new numbers to crunch.

Unfortunately, someone will get promoted and there will be bonuses all around because of the revenue race change tokens will drive.
    Edited by zyk on February 12, 2019 12:28AM
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    really quite annoyed with the woodelf dodge passive. only useful in pvp. and not even a passive. its an active.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most races are in a very good spot after this patch. I still expect them to change some things on:

Altmer - flavor change- for sustain passive and or the channeling passive.
    Bosmer - flavor change-I don't think the they are done with this race, probably still considering penetration on dodge bonus.
    Orc - Probably going to get a nerf for one of their supportive passives.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most races are in a very good spot after this patch. I still expect them to change some things on:

Altmer - flavor change- for sustain passive and or the channeling passive.
    Bosmer - flavor change-I don't think the they are done with this race, probably still considering penetration on dodge bonus.
    Orc - Probably going to get a nerf for one of their supportive passives.

Hope so
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭
    Redguards passive either converted to Stam skills or WEP&Fighter guild skills. Some kind of toughness bonus,whether it be health or Phys resist.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Fix Altmer Spell Recharge passive to restore resources to the resource of lower CURRENT PERCENT rather than MAXIMUM CAP.

I really, truly thought that was what the description meant, and chalked it down to ZOS's penchant for incorrect or confusing tool tip descriptions. I mean that is what every other similar mechanic in the game does. Just shocked to see it was literally doing what it said.