Maintenance for the week of February 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 18
• Xbox One: EU megaserver for maintenance – February 20, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
The Wrathstone DLC Game Pack and Update 21 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454456/

"Mortal's Mask" skin to hide vampirism - how do you want it?

• leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please describe in comment).
    Add me to the pile that thinks that vamps shouldn't be able to hide their disease... chose to be a vamp? -> look ugly.

It's a trade off for the passives you get, else everyone in the game would be a vamp, and we're already pushing it IMO, having the greatest concentration of vamps on Tamriel in any recorded age.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (EP mSorc L50+) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (DC mDK L50+)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • TE_Noodlefox
    TE_Noodlefox
    Soul Shriven
    I really love the pale color of the Argonian vampires (the white skin just doesn't look the same as the vampire pale), but I hate the veins and red eyes. I wish I could just have the pale skin, but nix the eyes and veins and allow tattoos and markings to show up normally instead of that weird fade that they have.

I actually cured my vampirism and decided to have my main become a werewolf instead just because I couldn't stand looking at her anymore.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭
    I'd actually enjoy the ability to choose the looks of any of the four stages, plus hiding it completely. I also like the ideas in here about a choice for showing the eyes but not the skin.

It just seems to me a waste that we rarely see some of the stages. I like how Stage 1 and Stage 2 look.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skin would not be so simple for Zos to make as it would have to work differently for most to like it.

Currently skins change the appearance of a characters skin to a specific look that is exactly the same for every single character that uses it.

What players have requested, amd what many has replied to here, is a skin that returns the appearance of the character back to their original appearance amen that would be a different technical challenge.

So first Zos needs to be willing to offer it and they may not due to their vision for the game. Second, they would have to figure out how to do it and determine it iS worth the cost. Yes, I know everyone is an expert on the subject even though they are not programmers but it ,igniting not be as easy and cost effective as one might think.
    Really, idk
  • Darknessofchaos
    Darknessofchaos
    Soul Shriven
    I want to look as if on stage 1 vampirism (pale, a little bit of purple veins and red eyes).
    The stage one appearance through all 4 stages would be good, at least for me personally cause I like how it makes my characters look, it would be cool if they make it so markings, tattoos, makeup etc. will show up on characters though, and they add fangs to vampires characters.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to look just like I did before vampirism.
    Katheriah wrote: »
    Embrace your evil self or go get rid of your vampirism.

Evil self? Sure. Ugly self? Nope. Never.
    Si hoc imprimis intellegis, nolli dubitare, scribe me ad latine loquendum. Lingua est colenda.

PAWS - Say NO to crown crates!

• StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    The skin would not be so simple for Zos to make as it would have to work differently for most to like it.

Currently skins change the appearance of a characters skin to a specific look that is exactly the same for every single character that uses it.

What players have requested, amd what many has replied to here, is a skin that returns the appearance of the character back to their original appearance amen that would be a different technical challenge.

So first Zos needs to be willing to offer it and they may not due to their vision for the game. Second, they would have to figure out how to do it and determine it iS worth the cost. Yes, I know everyone is an expert on the subject even though they are not programmers but it ,igniting not be as easy and cost effective as one might think.

@idk Why not?
    If Vamp Stage 1 = true
    & (or whatever is the command for simultaneous factor)
    Hide Vamp Skin = true
    THEN (or whatever the command for a result)
    Vamp Stage 1 Skin = false

Repeat 3 more times for other stages.

Edit: forgot to add that the "hide vamp skin" won't be a skin (even tho we will have it in the inventory). It will be just a factor to toggle vamp looks off.

Disclaimer: What is described is a general principle of how I personally suppose this works based on my modest experience of sticking my nose into programming. I'm not an expert so I could be wrong. However according to the logics that should work.
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on February 17, 2019 1:20PM
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or actually there is one more idea. We already have disguises which remove Vamp skin and add clothes. Just remove option to switch to other closes but keep the command that supresses Vamp skin. Remove that "dressing" animation (though I could live with it) and voila: you got a mortal mask.