Maintenance for the week of August 19:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – August 19,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)

"Mortal's Mask" skin to hide vampirism - how do you want it?

  • MycroftJr
    MycroftJr
    Soul Shriven
    I want to look just like I did before vampirism.
    Illusion magic exists in the Elder Scrolls universe and there are many examples of vampire characters that don't look like vampires. Also, more and more things are being added that allow you to look nothing like what you're actually wearing/are.

    I'll pay for it if I have to.

    I just want my Khajiit's original coloring and eyes back, he looks awful ;_;
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to look just like I did before vampirism.
    idk wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    The skin would not be so simple for Zos to make as it would have to work differently for most to like it.

    Currently skins change the appearance of a characters skin to a specific look that is exactly the same for every single character that uses it.

    What players have requested, amd what many has replied to here, is a skin that returns the appearance of the character back to their original appearance amen that would be a different technical challenge.

    So first Zos needs to be willing to offer it and they may not due to their vision for the game. Second, they would have to figure out how to do it and determine it iS worth the cost. Yes, I know everyone is an expert on the subject even though they are not programmers but it ,igniting not be as easy and cost effective as one might think.

    @idk Why not?
    If Vamp Stage 1 = true
    & (or whatever is the command for simultaneous factor)
    Hide Vamp Skin = true
    THEN (or whatever the command for a result)
    Vamp Stage 1 Skin = false

    Repeat 3 more times for other stages.

    Edit: forgot to add that the "hide vamp skin" won't be a skin (even tho we will have it in the inventory). It will be just a factor to toggle vamp looks off.

    Disclaimer: What is described is a general principle of how I personally suppose this works based on my modest experience of sticking my nose into programming. I'm not an expert so I could be wrong. However according to the logics that should work.

    I explained it pretty clearly why what is requested is more complicated than a simple skin.

    I explained it is not as simple as the skins we already have and you acknowledged. While you tried to make it would extremely simple, you also confess you do not have actual knowledge about how ESO is build and organized to know how simple it would be.,

    You also do not touch on the last point I made which is a basic outline of the though process Zos would go through (on a high level) to determine if they would offer it or not. It really is that simple.

    BTW, ask Zos about this in the next ESO Live unless you are afraid of the answer. They showed a couple months ago they are not afraid to answer even if the answer is no.

    @idk
    Hah, replying with 5 months delay xD (tag me next time, since I don't keep track of all threads where I post).

    It is actually might be simple as it sounds. If you paid attention to my post right after the one you quoted (the one with a bunch of misprints) xD you would see that I mentioned disguises which cancel vamp look. Remove the command for replacing costume and voila.. Simple logics.

    However since we are both not experts in the topic, I guess best of all is to agree to disagree.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please describe in comment).
    idk wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    The skin would not be so simple for Zos to make as it would have to work differently for most to like it.

    Currently skins change the appearance of a characters skin to a specific look that is exactly the same for every single character that uses it.

    What players have requested, amd what many has replied to here, is a skin that returns the appearance of the character back to their original appearance amen that would be a different technical challenge.

    So first Zos needs to be willing to offer it and they may not due to their vision for the game. Second, they would have to figure out how to do it and determine it iS worth the cost. Yes, I know everyone is an expert on the subject even though they are not programmers but it ,igniting not be as easy and cost effective as one might think.

    Why not?
    If Vamp Stage 1 = true
    & (or whatever is the command for simultaneous factor)
    Hide Vamp Skin = true
    THEN (or whatever the command for a result)
    Vamp Stage 1 Skin = false

    Repeat 3 more times for other stages.

    Edit: forgot to add that the "hide vamp skin" won't be a skin (even tho we will have it in the inventory). It will be just a factor to toggle vamp looks off.

    Disclaimer: What is described is a general principle of how I personally suppose this works based on my modest experience of sticking my nose into programming. I'm not an expert so I could be wrong. However according to the logics that should work.

    I explained it pretty clearly why what is requested is more complicated than a simple skin.

    I explained it is not as simple as the skins we already have and you acknowledged. While you tried to make it would extremely simple, you also confess you do not have actual knowledge about how ESO is build and organized to know how simple it would be.,

    You also do not touch on the last point I made which is a basic outline of the though process Zos would go through (on a high level) to determine if they would offer it or not. It really is that simple.

    BTW, ask Zos about this in the next ESO Live unless you are afraid of the answer. They showed a couple months ago they are not afraid to answer even if the answer is no.


    Hah, replying with 5 months delay xD (tag me next time, since I don't keep track of all threads where I post).

    It is actually might be simple as it sounds. If you paid attention to my post right after the one you quoted (the one with a bunch of misprints) xD you would see that I mentioned disguises which cancel vamp look. Remove the command for replacing costume and voila.. Simple logics.

    However since we are both not experts in the topic, I guess best of all is to agree to disagree.

    Actually, one of the systems I build and deployed was a database with layered logic and that is pretty much what you are suggesting. So no, I am not an expert but I do have some background related to this and again, it is not as simple as you are trying to make this out to be as there is not really this type of logic already in the game. The current vampire stage is much simpler than this.

    And no. I am not going to tag you and I could really care less. It is not me you need convince that this is a worthy business move and I am pretty sure they are experts on determining how complex this is so smoke jobs will not work.
    Really, idk
  • Mupo
    Mupo
    Other (please describe in comment).
    In my personal case, I love how my vampires look cept my elderly, black Dunmer who is TOO white even though his skin was the blackest that Dunmer can go. I'd love to hide the vampiric skin-tone on him but wouldn't mind keeping the veins. The eyes too, were black and I'd like those to go back to black... As for my Altmer, she looks best at Vamp 3 and my argonians best at Vamp 4. I don't know how they'd implement it but I'd love to be able to choose their stage looks. I like the pale on my Altmer most, made her a vampire FOR that white skin and veins.

    If we could choose more than one 'body/face/facial hair' markings up to 3 each, I could make it work with veins + her goggles and tattoos in my Altmer's case.
    The Dunmer I would take away his 'paleness' but keep the veins. I love the vamp 4 sneak run too much to cure them!
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to look just like I did before vampirism.
    idk wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    The skin would not be so simple for Zos to make as it would have to work differently for most to like it.

    Currently skins change the appearance of a characters skin to a specific look that is exactly the same for every single character that uses it.

    What players have requested, amd what many has replied to here, is a skin that returns the appearance of the character back to their original appearance amen that would be a different technical challenge.

    So first Zos needs to be willing to offer it and they may not due to their vision for the game. Second, they would have to figure out how to do it and determine it iS worth the cost. Yes, I know everyone is an expert on the subject even though they are not programmers but it ,igniting not be as easy and cost effective as one might think.

    Why not?
    If Vamp Stage 1 = true
    & (or whatever is the command for simultaneous factor)
    Hide Vamp Skin = true
    THEN (or whatever the command for a result)
    Vamp Stage 1 Skin = false

    Repeat 3 more times for other stages.

    Edit: forgot to add that the "hide vamp skin" won't be a skin (even tho we will have it in the inventory). It will be just a factor to toggle vamp looks off.

    Disclaimer: What is described is a general principle of how I personally suppose this works based on my modest experience of sticking my nose into programming. I'm not an expert so I could be wrong. However according to the logics that should work.

    I explained it pretty clearly why what is requested is more complicated than a simple skin.

    I explained it is not as simple as the skins we already have and you acknowledged. While you tried to make it would extremely simple, you also confess you do not have actual knowledge about how ESO is build and organized to know how simple it would be.,

    You also do not touch on the last point I made which is a basic outline of the though process Zos would go through (on a high level) to determine if they would offer it or not. It really is that simple.

    BTW, ask Zos about this in the next ESO Live unless you are afraid of the answer. They showed a couple months ago they are not afraid to answer even if the answer is no.


    Hah, replying with 5 months delay xD (tag me next time, since I don't keep track of all threads where I post).

    It is actually might be simple as it sounds. If you paid attention to my post right after the one you quoted (the one with a bunch of misprints) xD you would see that I mentioned disguises which cancel vamp look. Remove the command for replacing costume and voila.. Simple logics.

    However since we are both not experts in the topic, I guess best of all is to agree to disagree.

    Actually, one of the systems I build and deployed was a database with layered logic and that is pretty much what you are suggesting. So no, I am not an expert but I do have some background related to this and again, it is not as simple as you are trying to make this out to be as there is not really this type of logic already in the game. The current vampire stage is much simpler than this.

    And no. I am not going to tag you and I could really care less. It is not me you need convince that this is a worthy business move and I am pretty sure they are experts on determining how complex this is so smoke jobs will not work.

    I did some basic programming too, so no need using your background as a demonstration of better expertise. And since you are not an expert it might seem hard for you but easy for experienced ZOS programmers.

    As for the economy, they have already released some medium perfect skins for hiding vampirism. They can keep making them more and more normal looking at least. People who really want to keep improving their vamp appearance will gladly keep purchasing them. I bet there will be a lot of buyers for the maomer skin once it's released.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please describe in comment).
    I did some basic programming too, so no need using your background as a demonstration of better expertise. And since you are not an expert it might seem hard for you but easy for experienced ZOS programmers.

    As a complete non-expert in basic programming, I still align with @idk ‘s views and opinion on the topic (after reading). ;)

    Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 4, 2019 1:22PM
    "May you walk on warm sands."
    "First, I would ask that you look to the poor and the suffering around Cyrodiil. Look into their hearts, and then look into your own."
    "May Auri-El's light guide you in your darkest hours."

    North American (NA) PC Megaserver (click to view):
    Vilerihala - Magicka Templar (Altmer ~ Dedicated Healer) ~ Màisalihna - Stamina Dragonknight (Bosmer) ~ Áhliaselia - Stamina Templar (Bosmer) ~ Thraccenia Vendicci - Stamina Sorcerer (Imperial) ~ daa'Vaaliánia - Magicka Warden (Dunmer) ~ Wenayastare - Magicka Dragonknight (Altmer) ~ Aráliavina - Stamina Nightblade (Bosmer) ~ Ysyna Rielle - Magicka Warden (Breton) ~ Dro-r'Aahni Bright-Paws - Magicka Necromancer (Khajiit) ~ Rhusannah - Stamina Nightblade (Redguard) ~ Eirellonye - Magicka Nightblade (Altmer) ~ Lae'Suuriávia - Stamina Warden (Bosmer) ~ Dralora Savani - Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer) ~ Billows-With-Incense - Magicka Warden (Argonian ~ Dedicated Healer) ~ Anísa'Vardaia - Health Dragonknight (Imperial) ~ Azhnakha gra-Shugarz - Stamina Necromancer (Orc) ~ Vilinalara - Magicka Sorcerer (Altmer ~ Grand Master Crafter)
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to look just like I did before vampirism.
    I did some basic programming too, so no need using your background as a demonstration of better expertise. And since you are not an expert it might seem hard for you but easy for experienced ZOS programmers.

    As a complete non-expert in basic programming, I still align with @idk ‘s views and opinion on the topic (after reading). ;)

    I'm happy for you, but in the end it actually doesn't matter who is right in this case, me or idk. The main goal of the thread is to attract attention of ZOS to the topic.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please describe in comment).
    idk wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    The skin would not be so simple for Zos to make as it would have to work differently for most to like it.

    Currently skins change the appearance of a characters skin to a specific look that is exactly the same for every single character that uses it.

    What players have requested, amd what many has replied to here, is a skin that returns the appearance of the character back to their original appearance amen that would be a different technical challenge.

    So first Zos needs to be willing to offer it and they may not due to their vision for the game. Second, they would have to figure out how to do it and determine it iS worth the cost. Yes, I know everyone is an expert on the subject even though they are not programmers but it ,igniting not be as easy and cost effective as one might think.

    Why not?
    If Vamp Stage 1 = true
    & (or whatever is the command for simultaneous factor)
    Hide Vamp Skin = true
    THEN (or whatever the command for a result)
    Vamp Stage 1 Skin = false

    Repeat 3 more times for other stages.

    Edit: forgot to add that the "hide vamp skin" won't be a skin (even tho we will have it in the inventory). It will be just a factor to toggle vamp looks off.

    Disclaimer: What is described is a general principle of how I personally suppose this works based on my modest experience of sticking my nose into programming. I'm not an expert so I could be wrong. However according to the logics that should work.

    I explained it pretty clearly why what is requested is more complicated than a simple skin.

    I explained it is not as simple as the skins we already have and you acknowledged. While you tried to make it would extremely simple, you also confess you do not have actual knowledge about how ESO is build and organized to know how simple it would be.,

    You also do not touch on the last point I made which is a basic outline of the though process Zos would go through (on a high level) to determine if they would offer it or not. It really is that simple.

    BTW, ask Zos about this in the next ESO Live unless you are afraid of the answer. They showed a couple months ago they are not afraid to answer even if the answer is no.


    Hah, replying with 5 months delay xD (tag me next time, since I don't keep track of all threads where I post).

    It is actually might be simple as it sounds. If you paid attention to my post right after the one you quoted (the one with a bunch of misprints) xD you would see that I mentioned disguises which cancel vamp look. Remove the command for replacing costume and voila.. Simple logics.

    However since we are both not experts in the topic, I guess best of all is to agree to disagree.

    Actually, one of the systems I build and deployed was a database with layered logic and that is pretty much what you are suggesting. So no, I am not an expert but I do have some background related to this and again, it is not as simple as you are trying to make this out to be as there is not really this type of logic already in the game. The current vampire stage is much simpler than this.

    And no. I am not going to tag you and I could really care less. It is not me you need convince that this is a worthy business move and I am pretty sure they are experts on determining how complex this is so smoke jobs will not work.

    I did some basic programming too, so no need using your background as a demonstration of better expertise. And since you are not an expert it might seem hard for you but easy for experienced ZOS programmers.

    As for the economy, they have already released some medium perfect skins for hiding vampirism. They can keep making them more and more normal looking at least. People who really want to keep improving their vamp appearance will gladly keep purchasing them. I bet there will be a lot of buyers for the maomer skin once it's released.

    OMG, I even said I am not an expert, just have some similar experience. I have merely pointed out that this is likely not as simple as you have made it out to be as there does not seem to be a structure for building out the logic. This should be obvious to someone with the programing background you have.

    Yes, you are correct that it only matters what Zos thinks of this as I already pointed out. For that we know that Zos looks at the complexity of a solution, the value it brings to the game and the return they will receive for major endeavors which is why I pointed this out the proposed idea is not as simple as you are making it out to be. Of course that is after they decide if they even want to consider such a change. We know this is how Zos considers potential changes because Matt himself has said so long ago it makes sense.

    Of course they look at interest in that equation. Being this thread took over 6 months to hit the third page the interest seems very light.
    Really, idk
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to look just like I did before vampirism.
    idk wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    The skin would not be so simple for Zos to make as it would have to work differently for most to like it.

    Currently skins change the appearance of a characters skin to a specific look that is exactly the same for every single character that uses it.

    What players have requested, amd what many has replied to here, is a skin that returns the appearance of the character back to their original appearance amen that would be a different technical challenge.

    So first Zos needs to be willing to offer it and they may not due to their vision for the game. Second, they would have to figure out how to do it and determine it iS worth the cost. Yes, I know everyone is an expert on the subject even though they are not programmers but it ,igniting not be as easy and cost effective as one might think.

    Why not?
    If Vamp Stage 1 = true
    & (or whatever is the command for simultaneous factor)
    Hide Vamp Skin = true
    THEN (or whatever the command for a result)
    Vamp Stage 1 Skin = false

    Repeat 3 more times for other stages.

    Edit: forgot to add that the "hide vamp skin" won't be a skin (even tho we will have it in the inventory). It will be just a factor to toggle vamp looks off.

    Disclaimer: What is described is a general principle of how I personally suppose this works based on my modest experience of sticking my nose into programming. I'm not an expert so I could be wrong. However according to the logics that should work.

    I explained it pretty clearly why what is requested is more complicated than a simple skin.

    I explained it is not as simple as the skins we already have and you acknowledged. While you tried to make it would extremely simple, you also confess you do not have actual knowledge about how ESO is build and organized to know how simple it would be.,

    You also do not touch on the last point I made which is a basic outline of the though process Zos would go through (on a high level) to determine if they would offer it or not. It really is that simple.

    BTW, ask Zos about this in the next ESO Live unless you are afraid of the answer. They showed a couple months ago they are not afraid to answer even if the answer is no.


    Hah, replying with 5 months delay xD (tag me next time, since I don't keep track of all threads where I post).

    It is actually might be simple as it sounds. If you paid attention to my post right after the one you quoted (the one with a bunch of misprints) xD you would see that I mentioned disguises which cancel vamp look. Remove the command for replacing costume and voila.. Simple logics.

    However since we are both not experts in the topic, I guess best of all is to agree to disagree.

    Actually, one of the systems I build and deployed was a database with layered logic and that is pretty much what you are suggesting. So no, I am not an expert but I do have some background related to this and again, it is not as simple as you are trying to make this out to be as there is not really this type of logic already in the game. The current vampire stage is much simpler than this.

    And no. I am not going to tag you and I could really care less. It is not me you need convince that this is a worthy business move and I am pretty sure they are experts on determining how complex this is so smoke jobs will not work.

    I did some basic programming too, so no need using your background as a demonstration of better expertise. And since you are not an expert it might seem hard for you but easy for experienced ZOS programmers.

    As for the economy, they have already released some medium perfect skins for hiding vampirism. They can keep making them more and more normal looking at least. People who really want to keep improving their vamp appearance will gladly keep purchasing them. I bet there will be a lot of buyers for the maomer skin once it's released.

    OMG, I even said I am not an expert, just have some similar experience. I have merely pointed out that this is likely not as simple as you have made it out to be as there does not seem to be a structure for building out the logic. This should be obvious to someone with the programing background you have.

    Yes, you are correct that it only matters what Zos thinks of this as I already pointed out. For that we know that Zos looks at the complexity of a solution, the value it brings to the game and the return they will receive for major endeavors which is why I pointed this out the proposed idea is not as simple as you are making it out to be. Of course that is after they decide if they even want to consider such a change. We know this is how Zos considers potential changes because Matt himself has said so long ago it makes sense.

    Of course they look at interest in that equation. Being this thread took over 6 months to hit the third page the interest seems very light.

    I agree to disagree. As long as the primary skin file exists (we create it during making our character and it's not going anywhere) I know it's always possible to write rules for using it on a 3D model.

    Anyway, thank you for your opinion.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please describe in comment).
    idk wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    The skin would not be so simple for Zos to make as it would have to work differently for most to like it.

    Currently skins change the appearance of a characters skin to a specific look that is exactly the same for every single character that uses it.

    What players have requested, amd what many has replied to here, is a skin that returns the appearance of the character back to their original appearance amen that would be a different technical challenge.

    So first Zos needs to be willing to offer it and they may not due to their vision for the game. Second, they would have to figure out how to do it and determine it iS worth the cost. Yes, I know everyone is an expert on the subject even though they are not programmers but it ,igniting not be as easy and cost effective as one might think.

    Why not?
    If Vamp Stage 1 = true
    & (or whatever is the command for simultaneous factor)
    Hide Vamp Skin = true
    THEN (or whatever the command for a result)
    Vamp Stage 1 Skin = false

    Repeat 3 more times for other stages.

    Edit: forgot to add that the "hide vamp skin" won't be a skin (even tho we will have it in the inventory). It will be just a factor to toggle vamp looks off.

    Disclaimer: What is described is a general principle of how I personally suppose this works based on my modest experience of sticking my nose into programming. I'm not an expert so I could be wrong. However according to the logics that should work.

    I explained it pretty clearly why what is requested is more complicated than a simple skin.

    I explained it is not as simple as the skins we already have and you acknowledged. While you tried to make it would extremely simple, you also confess you do not have actual knowledge about how ESO is build and organized to know how simple it would be.,

    You also do not touch on the last point I made which is a basic outline of the though process Zos would go through (on a high level) to determine if they would offer it or not. It really is that simple.

    BTW, ask Zos about this in the next ESO Live unless you are afraid of the answer. They showed a couple months ago they are not afraid to answer even if the answer is no.


    Hah, replying with 5 months delay xD (tag me next time, since I don't keep track of all threads where I post).

    It is actually might be simple as it sounds. If you paid attention to my post right after the one you quoted (the one with a bunch of misprints) xD you would see that I mentioned disguises which cancel vamp look. Remove the command for replacing costume and voila.. Simple logics.

    However since we are both not experts in the topic, I guess best of all is to agree to disagree.

    Actually, one of the systems I build and deployed was a database with layered logic and that is pretty much what you are suggesting. So no, I am not an expert but I do have some background related to this and again, it is not as simple as you are trying to make this out to be as there is not really this type of logic already in the game. The current vampire stage is much simpler than this.

    And no. I am not going to tag you and I could really care less. It is not me you need convince that this is a worthy business move and I am pretty sure they are experts on determining how complex this is so smoke jobs will not work.

    I did some basic programming too, so no need using your background as a demonstration of better expertise. And since you are not an expert it might seem hard for you but easy for experienced ZOS programmers.

    As for the economy, they have already released some medium perfect skins for hiding vampirism. They can keep making them more and more normal looking at least. People who really want to keep improving their vamp appearance will gladly keep purchasing them. I bet there will be a lot of buyers for the maomer skin once it's released.

    OMG, I even said I am not an expert, just have some similar experience. I have merely pointed out that this is likely not as simple as you have made it out to be as there does not seem to be a structure for building out the logic. This should be obvious to someone with the programing background you have.

    Yes, you are correct that it only matters what Zos thinks of this as I already pointed out. For that we know that Zos looks at the complexity of a solution, the value it brings to the game and the return they will receive for major endeavors which is why I pointed this out the proposed idea is not as simple as you are making it out to be. Of course that is after they decide if they even want to consider such a change. We know this is how Zos considers potential changes because Matt himself has said so long ago it makes sense.

    Of course they look at interest in that equation. Being this thread took over 6 months to hit the third page the interest seems very light.

    I agree to disagree. As long as the primary skin file exists (we create it during making our character and it's not going anywhere) I know it's always possible to write rules for using it on a 3D model.

    Anyway, thank you for your opinion.

    Odd how I never suggested it was not possible. I know for a fact it is as I have worked with much more complex logic systems than this.

    I have merely said it is not as simple as you suggested.
    Really, idk
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please describe in comment).
    What I'd *really* like is for my Redguard to go pale based off his original skin colour instead of turning shades of white-lavender, and to have markings show.

    But I'd also like a plain mortal skin.
    PC NA | Victory or Valhalla | Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please describe in comment).
    Where's the option for attractiveness and sparkly aura? (kidding)

    How about some withered skin (no veins please), fangs, bulging eyes, big ears, and long fingernails.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
  • Versispellis
    Versispellis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to look just like I did before vampirism.
    I say this every time this comes up:

    Apart from wanting the option to hide vampirism because the cosmetic consequences are so jarring, it also makes me deeply uncomfortable that POC turn white when they become a vampire. It needs to be handled differently, with more sensitivity.
    PS4 NA
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to look just like I did before vampirism.
    But it wont happen.
    Sad.
    Gepe, General MagSorc | Ghepe, First Sergeant MagDK | Gepe Direnni, Colonel Magplar | Gepi, Sergeant Magblade | Gepe Greenheart, Mystic Stamden CP1000+
    Solo PvPer
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want to look just like I did before vampirism.
    To the crown store zos. Your specialty
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please describe in comment).
    Just add a toggle to the collections the same as hide helmet, just hide Vampirism, how hard is that.
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    I want to look just like I did before vampirism.
    MycroftJr wrote: »
    Illusion magic exists in the Elder Scrolls universe and there are many examples of vampire characters that don't look like vampires. Also, more and more things are being added that allow you to look nothing like what you're actually wearing/are.

    I'll pay for it if I have to.

    I just want my Khajiit's original coloring and eyes back, he looks awful ;_;

    You know what, I've got one vamp and I made him as ugly and as close to vampire looking before he got the vampirism. At stage 4 I love just how undead he looks. I just wish the NPCs would notice.

    That being said, there are lore reasons for hiding the look, like the illusion magic you mentioned. There's a quest in Summerset where you have to put on some nice clothes and attend a fancy party, if you are in stage 4 there really should be a strong reaction and dialogue.

    I would propose a potion that would hide the vampirism for a short time, maybe 30 minutes. You would still be at the same stage but look human. But there really should be more quests and locations where looking like a stage 4 vamp garners a reaction.

    I did say that a "Mortal's Mask" skin shouldn't make you look like a normal human, but given the name the skin wouldn't be doing its job.
    XBOX NA Characters:
    Brittany of Ardagh - Main - Female Breton Sorcerer AD
    Bjørn of Cork - Male Nord Templar EP
    Raven of Ardagh - Female Bosmer NB DC (Assassin/Thief)
    Brianna of Cavan - Female Imperial DK EP
    Caitlín of Clarecastle - Female Breton Warden DC
    Kara of Firsthold - Female Altmer Sorcerer AD
    Ingrid of Mistwatch - Female Breton Templar EP
    Liam of Crosswitch - Male Nord Warden DC
    Aeron of Balmora - Female Dunmer DK AD
    Knos Fearatu - Male Altmer Necromancer DC (Vampire)
    Xbox EU Characters:
    Snake Split-Skin - Male Breton Sorcerer EP
    Erikelf the Ironhand - Male Nord DK DC
    Marlynn Aethdwulf - Female Breton Templar AD
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (please describe in comment).
    Paler is fine. Veins and gross rotting stuff I don't like but would live with because I did, after all, choose to keep vampire advantages in exchange. The screwed up eyes have GOT to go, if I have a mer or something else that isn't human they need to have mer eyes, NOT have them changed into human eyes, that's bizarre and wrong. There is absolutely no reason that vampirism would change the shape of someone's irises. The bleached fur and scales have also got to go, that makes no sense at all and every time I look at it it just reminds me that ZOS makes some very bad decisions and then doubles down on them and I lose confidence in the game devs. We need to be able to see our tattoos. You can see tattoos clearly even on dead bodies, and hello, Tamriel has magical tattoos that even affect FUR, so it's dumb that vampirism would fade them. Some common sense tweaks would be lovely, but since they're not interested in that...my choice of a mask would leave the toon paler in SKIN (Khajiit noses are fair game), leave ALL hair, including fur, and scales unaffected, and leave tattoos and body paint crisp and clearly visible.
  • Unij
    Unij
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think vampires need any skins. They should look like this when hungry
    11-ch1107.png
    And after sucking blood like
    27-ch1120.png
    Edited by Unij on August 9, 2019 5:18AM
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please describe in comment).
    I think the benefits and the drawbacks of being a vampire should be balanced. I also feel that is balanced now the way it is.

    You want to be a bit more powerfull? Ok, but you have increased fire damage, and you look ugly.

    There are allready so many skins to hide it. On my main I removed vampirism, I want him to be awesome and beautifull. On my Argonian healer I replaced the vampire look with another skin.

    I agree though that the tattoos should be the same color depth as a non-vampire.

    Melee is nothing.
    Stealth is something.
    Magic is everything!
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please describe in comment).
    You give up beauty for Powahhh!
  • es4eva
    es4eva
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please describe in comment).
    If you don't want to look like a vampire, don't become a vampire. Stage 1 should just be slightly off from your original skin, but the look should never be completely hidden.

    What's next? You want to be a werewolf, but done like the fur?
  • es4eva
    es4eva
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please describe in comment).
    Ohtimbar wrote: »
    Only my tanks are vamps, by necessity, and I hate the way it makes them look. Absolutely loathe it.

    Then don't be a vampire.
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭
    I mean, if you wanna be a vampire you have to be prepared to look like a vampire...
  • Skitamine
    Skitamine
    ✭✭✭
    That topic remind me of the that spell in Blood omen game, there were 2 levels of it, one if you walked too close of npc they would see through it and one perfect. Btw I encourage you to play it, it's old but it was dark and so long.
    Ebon -> Eratik Bloodbath
    Dominion -> Enhamar The-Soul-licker
    www.deviantart.com/sylphide2
    Clip studio pro
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to look a little bit paler than mortals but without purple veins and red eyes.
    I mean, if you wanna be a vampire you have to be prepared to look like a vampire...

    It's a game. Just a game. Ther purpose of a game is to give joy. Since vasmpirism can be easily detected in pvp without looking at skin composition, then I see no reason to give us a cosmetic item to customise our characters the way we want it.

    Our plea isn't to give us a cosmetic item to cover vampirism, because we already have those. Our plea is to give us cosmetic item that will make us look the way we want.
    This thread has already proven that there are many people who want this simple cosmetic item. I would even make a wild guess that there are more people who want it, than people who wan't blue eyeleshes. And we already have an item that changes eyelashes to blue.
    In the light of these simple facts, your argument is invalid.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to look just like I did before vampirism.
    I mean, if you wanna be a vampire you have to be prepared to look like a vampire...

    It's a game. Just a game. Ther purpose of a game is to give joy. Since vasmpirism can be easily detected in pvp without looking at skin composition, then I see no reason to give us a cosmetic item to customise our characters the way we want it.

    Our plea isn't to give us a cosmetic item to cover vampirism, because we already have those. Our plea is to give us cosmetic item that will make us look the way we want.
    This thread has already proven that there are many people who want this simple cosmetic item. I would even make a wild guess that there are more people who want it, than people who wan't blue eyeleshes. And we already have an item that changes eyelashes to blue.
    In the light of these simple facts, your argument is invalid.

    ^This is so much true.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, people have been asking for this item/skin for already multiple years in a row. Could you please let your team know that a lot of your customers are impatiently waiting for this merchandise.
  • pelennor_fields
    pelennor_fields
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please describe in comment).
    Other... There shouldn't be a skin. You chose to be a vampire - feed to decrease the effects or cure it if you don't like how it looks. You can't demand to have your cake and eat it too. It is like saying "I want to be a khajiit but I want altmer skin."
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭
    I mean, if you wanna be a vampire you have to be prepared to look like a vampire...

    It's a game. Just a game. Ther purpose of a game is to give joy. Since vasmpirism can be easily detected in pvp without looking at skin composition, then I see no reason to give us a cosmetic item to customise our characters the way we want it.

    Our plea isn't to give us a cosmetic item to cover vampirism, because we already have those. Our plea is to give us cosmetic item that will make us look the way we want.
    This thread has already proven that there are many people who want this simple cosmetic item. I would even make a wild guess that there are more people who want it, than people who wan't blue eyeleshes. And we already have an item that changes eyelashes to blue.
    In the light of these simple facts, your argument is invalid.

    Well, soz but you can't have your cake and eat it. You made your choice to become a vampire, yet you don't want to actually look like one? That seems like more of an invalid argument if you ask me....

    Perhaps a possible way around this is to redesign the aesthetics of vampirism from the ground up. I think most people would agree that being a vampire looks pretty rubbish in eso; you look more like a Skooma addict than a vampire.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to look a little bit paler than mortals but without purple veins and red eyes.
    I mean, if you wanna be a vampire you have to be prepared to look like a vampire...

    It's a game. Just a game. Ther purpose of a game is to give joy. Since vasmpirism can be easily detected in pvp without looking at skin composition, then I see no reason to give us a cosmetic item to customise our characters the way we want it.

    Our plea isn't to give us a cosmetic item to cover vampirism, because we already have those. Our plea is to give us cosmetic item that will make us look the way we want.
    This thread has already proven that there are many people who want this simple cosmetic item. I would even make a wild guess that there are more people who want it, than people who wan't blue eyeleshes. And we already have an item that changes eyelashes to blue.
    In the light of these simple facts, your argument is invalid.

    Well, soz but you can't have your cake and eat it. You made your choice to become a vampire, yet you don't want to actually look like one? That seems like more of an invalid argument if you ask me....

    Perhaps a possible way around this is to redesign the aesthetics of vampirism from the ground up. I think most people would agree that being a vampire looks pretty rubbish in eso; you look more like a Skooma addict than a vampire.

    Try using your argument while talking to a woman and trying to convince her to stop using makeup.
Sign In or Register to comment.