Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Mortal's Mask" skin to hide vampirism - how do you want it?

• leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please describe in comment).
    Add me to the pile that thinks that vamps shouldn't be able to hide their disease... chose to be a vamp? -> look ugly.

It's a trade off for the passives you get, else everyone in the game would be a vamp, and we're already pushing it IMO, having the greatest concentration of vamps on Tamriel in any recorded age.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • TE_Noodlefox
    TE_Noodlefox
    ✭✭
    I really love the pale color of the Argonian vampires (the white skin just doesn't look the same as the vampire pale), but I hate the veins and red eyes. I wish I could just have the pale skin, but nix the eyes and veins and allow tattoos and markings to show up normally instead of that weird fade that they have.

I actually cured my vampirism and decided to have my main become a werewolf instead just because I couldn't stand looking at her anymore.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd actually enjoy the ability to choose the looks of any of the four stages, plus hiding it completely. I also like the ideas in here about a choice for showing the eyes but not the skin.

It just seems to me a waste that we rarely see some of the stages. I like how Stage 1 and Stage 2 look.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skin would not be so simple for Zos to make as it would have to work differently for most to like it.

Currently skins change the appearance of a characters skin to a specific look that is exactly the same for every single character that uses it.

What players have requested, amd what many has replied to here, is a skin that returns the appearance of the character back to their original appearance amen that would be a different technical challenge.

So first Zos needs to be willing to offer it and they may not due to their vision for the game. Second, they would have to figure out how to do it and determine it iS worth the cost. Yes, I know everyone is an expert on the subject even though they are not programmers but it ,igniting not be as easy and cost effective as one might think.
  • Darknessofchaos
    Darknessofchaos
    Soul Shriven
    I want to look as if on stage 1 vampirism (pale, a little bit of purple veins and red eyes).
    The stage one appearance through all 4 stages would be good, at least for me personally cause I like how it makes my characters look, it would be cool if they make it so markings, tattoos, makeup etc. will show up on characters though, and they add fangs to vampires characters.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want to look just like I did before vampirism.
    Katheriah wrote: »
    Embrace your evil self or go get rid of your vampirism.

Evil self? Sure. Ugly self? Nope. Never.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    The skin would not be so simple for Zos to make as it would have to work differently for most to like it.

Currently skins change the appearance of a characters skin to a specific look that is exactly the same for every single character that uses it.

What players have requested, amd what many has replied to here, is a skin that returns the appearance of the character back to their original appearance amen that would be a different technical challenge.

So first Zos needs to be willing to offer it and they may not due to their vision for the game. Second, they would have to figure out how to do it and determine it iS worth the cost. Yes, I know everyone is an expert on the subject even though they are not programmers but it ,igniting not be as easy and cost effective as one might think.

@idk Why not?
    If Vamp Stage 1 = true
    & (or whatever is the command for simultaneous factor)
    Hide Vamp Skin = true
    THEN (or whatever the command for a result)
    Vamp Stage 1 Skin = false

Repeat 3 more times for other stages.

Edit: forgot to add that the "hide vamp skin" won't be a skin (even tho we will have it in the inventory). It will be just a factor to toggle vamp looks off.

Disclaimer: What is described is a general principle of how I personally suppose this works based on my modest experience of sticking my nose into programming. I'm not an expert so I could be wrong. However according to the logics that should work.
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on February 17, 2019 1:20PM
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or actually there is one more idea. We already have disguises which remove Vamp skin and add clothes. Just remove option to switch to other closes but keep the command that supresses Vamp skin. Remove that "dressing" animation (though I could live with it) and voila: you got a mortal mask.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand why some want this but I don't.
    Almost all vampires come to the sad conclusion that they look awfull, especially at stage four.

My stage 4 vamps look fantastic. I could not be happier with them.
    Ohtimbar wrote: »
    Only my tanks are vamps, by necessity, and I hate the way it makes them look. Absolutely loathe it.

I do think this is a problem.

I don't think anyone should feel forced to vamp but clearly this is what the devs want. The vamp passives are flouted as and regarded as essential by many. Oh look at these lovely expensive skins we're selling to hide your vampirism....

I think vamps should have possibly a few more active abilities and their passives should only affect vamp abilities.

The single player Elder Scolls games became as popular as they because of the magnificent freedom of choice they allow players. The way ESO handles vampirism *** on that.

I'm not super into vamps myself. I am presently considering maining a vamp and that would be primarily because a) he looks awesome and b) the sneak bonus + being a vamp would possibly make more sense of TG and DB stuff for my character.

Why else would my wardens run around murdering citizens all day long? Do they have massive carbon footprints?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to look a little bit paler than mortals but without purple veins and red eyes.
    If this guy can hide his vampirism, everybody should be able to.

36398522484_76bef3059f_c.jpg

• Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the meantime, I think I just need something to cover the dark eye sockets on khajiit. With an argonian I had the dead-water skin which hid it entirely, but on other races it just looks weird.

It seems that all the good eye shadow is locked up in the Dwarven crates (no idea when they're coming back), and all I have right now are those flashy Magicka Zephyr Lashes which seem a bit overboard.

yC76uLx.jpg
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be able to look like a mortal and have the vampire passives would be neat. Could just simply explain it lorewise by illusion magic. :shrug:

Only shame would it being a Crown Store exclusive.
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still don’t get why fur turns white but the manes don’t. Either everyone should get white hair or everyone should keep their hair the same color, which includes fur.

Plus I don’t really like using Amber-Plasm on my healer. It’s supposed to be more subtle than that
    Edited by Jhalin on February 26, 2019 9:27PM
  • DragonHeart000
    This has come up SO many times and there seems to be no way they are going to change it. Your best option is getting the Blackmarrow Necromancer skin from the scalecaller peak achievement. It's quite a good looking one but a hard one to get.
    @DragonHeart000 NA PC
    Guild Master For <Discontinued> a guild for collectors of discontinued items!
    Guild Discord: https://discord.gg/w7bNDCu
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've grown used to it.

can always vary the stages for a different look, if you like.
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skin... we don't need no stinkin' skin.... or any other thing to hide it.

What we NEED is simply an option in settings to either hide or show it. That is it. No further effort on the player's part should be needed.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hid the ugly stage four vampirism with the Soul-Shriven skin
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bundle with more than one option? I'd personally like a costume like the Volkihar vampires had in Skyrim that also hides your vampirism.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like it the way it is.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is absolutely no reason my vampire can't mask his appearance to appear any race whatsoever, let alone the way he was in his old corruptible mortal form, if heavy armor can be made to look like a haram outfit....because... you know... MAGIC!
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    If this guy can hide his vampirism, everybody should be able to.

36398522484_76bef3059f_c.jpg

I was about to bring up this very instance. It pays to read through the topic.

As for others going "Oh, if you don't like the looks then get rid of it"-- It's not that we don't like the looks. It's that there's been bugs with vampirism's appearance for a while now and they haven't gotten fixed at all. I'd gladly settle for tattoos not being stupidly faded.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Compton1865
    Compton1865
    ✭✭
    I want to look as if on stage 1 vampirism (pale, a little bit of purple veins and red eyes).
    The stage one appearance through all 4 stages would be good, at least for me personally cause I like how it makes my characters look, it would be cool if they make it so markings, tattoos, makeup etc. will show up on characters though, and they add fangs to vampires characters.

I would love it if they added fangs! I actually like the S1 vampirism look, although, I wish the eye color was more noticeable. I play as a Khajit, so the vampirism look is a little more subdued. I definitely wish the entire look was more obvious for my character. I'm less of a fan of S4, and try to keep up with being S1 when I play.

And yes, it would be fantastic if markings/tattoos were not faded :)
    MemoFromTurner
    XB/NA/AD

Interesting in joining a vampire guild? The Strigoi Coven is looking for new recruits - shoot me a message!

"Vampires often turn on those who trust them, you know."
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be fine if they just put the vampire skin on the bottom layer, so makeup and tattoos didn't get washed out when it's applied.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

@idk Why not?
    If Vamp Stage 1 = true
    & (or whatever is the command for simultaneous factor)
    Hide Vamp Skin = true
    THEN (or whatever the command for a result)
    Vamp Stage 1 Skin = false

Repeat 3 more times for other stages.

Edit: forgot to add that the "hide vamp skin" won't be a skin (even tho we will have it in the inventory). It will be just a factor to toggle vamp looks off.

Disclaimer: What is described is a general principle of how I personally suppose this works based on my modest experience of sticking my nose into programming. I'm not an expert so I could be wrong. However according to the logics that should work.

I explained it pretty clearly why what is requested is more complicated than a simple skin.

I explained it is not as simple as the skins we already have and you acknowledged. While you tried to make it would extremely simple, you also confess you do not have actual knowledge about how ESO is build and organized to know how simple it would be.,

You also do not touch on the last point I made which is a basic outline of the though process Zos would go through (on a high level) to determine if they would offer it or not. It really is that simple.

BTW, ask Zos about this in the next ESO Live unless you are afraid of the answer. They showed a couple months ago they are not afraid to answer even if the answer is no.
    Edited by idk on March 7, 2019 8:33AM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should not be a skin, but a disguise... that unequips at combat, like any other disguise... but also unequips if using ANY vampire skills... and that only lowers the appearance by one level (so at stage one, your vampy characters would look mortal, -just- like Count Ravenwatch does when we first meet him...)

Or maybe even a skill toggle, so you have to sacrifice a skill slot for...

And then...
    ...some mechanics to to give vampires a reason to "masquerade" as mortals. Like... justice guards killing all unisguised vampires at sight? Something like that...
  • Orillion
    Orillion
    ✭✭
    I, for one, don't like the way vampires look in the game. I'd love a Skyrim-like look, with only golden gleaming eyes, and maybe yes to some paleness, but not to the extent of what's currently offered. By the way, werewolves could get the same treatment with silvery eyes. The only thing would be for said eyes not to turn "human" when the character is a mer.
    Let's be ambitious: why not a full customization screen just like at character creation? Even if only accessible with a looks change token which you would have to buy on the store? Imho it would be a reasonable price for this (which is a purely cosmetic issue).
    Edited by Orillion on March 26, 2019 2:00PM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If tattoos, paint, and makeup just went OVER the Vamp skin it would help a LOT. They really should too, I don't care how faded my skin is if I put paint on my face it ISN'T going to fade also. And there have been stone age bodies found in ice that had tattoos that were still very dark, so yeah.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Kulvar
    Kulvar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want a slight rework.

Stage 1 to 4: Guards attacks on sight.
    Stage 0: Incognito mode.
    A well fed vampire can masquerade as a living, giving back his normal appearance.
    Allow the vampire access to guarded areas without being attacked.
    Using any vampire skill immediately bring the vampire to stage 1.
    Edited by Kulvar on March 26, 2019 3:56PM
    Coward Argonian scholar of the Ebonheart Pact
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is really hard to answer this question, have to think on it for a while, but i suppose want to look normal is what i end up with as pleasing.
    really hard to answer this question other than i hate the way it looks currently.
  • Asha_11_ESO
    Asha_11_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    One does not embrace the powers Lamae Bal offers, without price! A beautiful abomination you must be.