Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Mortal's Mask" skin to hide vampirism - how do you want it?

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to look just like I did before vampirism.
    Ardaghion wrote: »
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Almost all vampires come to the sad conclusion that they look awfull, especially at stage four. It has been raised many times that we would love to have some kind of skin to hide our vampirism. But how do you want it implemented? How do you want to look after putting the skin on?

I think if you want to be a vampire then you should have to accept that vampires look different. Its always been thus in lore, surely.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Illusion

That would cost magicka to cast and probably to maintain and/or would last for a short period or could end under certain circumstances. I could see illusion spells being in the vampire skill line as an active skill. But it would be most useful if there were gameplay reasons for the skill and not just personal preference to hide the skill effects.

I have a vampire and even at stage 4 I think he looks okay but then he looked a bit like a vampire before he got the bite.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Polymorphs
    pretty sure that transforming your character to look like a skeleton or daedra would cost more magicka than a simple visual change to look normal. the tools ingame to do so are there already, no reason that a normal skin wouldn't take less magicka, and our characters take polymorphs easily.
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    Almost all vampires come to the sad conclusion that they look awfull, especially at stage four. It has been raised many times that we would love to have some kind of skin to hide our vampirism. But how do you want it implemented? How do you want to look after putting the skin on?

I think if you want to be a vampire then you should have to accept that vampires look different. Its always been thus in lore, surely.

That would cost magicka to cast and probably to maintain and/or would last for a short period or could end under certain circumstances. I could see illusion spells being in the vampire skill line as an active skill. But it would be most useful if there were gameplay reasons for the skill and not just personal preference to hide the skill effects.

I have a vampire and even at stage 4 I think he looks okay but then he looked a bit like a vampire before he got the bite.

pretty sure that transforming your character to look like a skeleton or daedra would cost more magicka than a simple visual change to look normal. the tools ingame to do so are there already, no reason that a normal skin wouldn't take less magicka, and our characters take polymorphs easily.

You were referring to illusion spells, I took it to mean an actual spell, not a polymorph. A polymorph makes you look different but offers no gameplay, the lore of illusion spells would add skills to the vampire skill line.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You were referring to illusion spells, I took it to mean an actual spell, not a polymorph. A polymorph makes you look different but offers no gameplay, the lore of illusion spells would add skills to the vampire skill line.

Polymorph is essentially like using illusion magic to transform your image
    Edited by Aliyavana on October 17, 2019 1:15AM
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭

Polymorph is essentially like using illusion magic to transform your image

Essentially, sure, although it doesn't cost resources and doesn't add any thing to the game beside being able to hide what your character looks like. I'm not arguing against the idea of a polymorph, skin, or effect that could make vampirism look more palatable to people that want the skill without the downsides; I am saying that I would rather there be a lore friendly vampire skill line that included illusion as well as some of the other spells mentioned in that link you provided.
  • Sirvaleen
    Sirvaleen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please describe in comment).
    I don't want it personally. That would just make Vampirism even more of a Passive Skill Line, or a meme really.
    Vampires are ugly, werewolves are furry.. that's ok with me.

But this is just my opinion, and I can acknowledge and understand that it's not a widespread one.
    I would really like to have the option of keeping the appearance of a "real" vampire though, so as long as they (may) implement a skin or a skill for people asking for it.. I pretty much do not care either way.

Why not make two lines ? People would then be able to choose to be Daywalkers, but then they would have to be ginger :wink:
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If nothing else, at least let my eyes look the same as they did before the change. Think that's one of my biggest complaint,pretty much all eyes regardless of race or anything else are replaced with the exact same human looking graphic
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I can’t hide armor effects like glowing arms (from Slimecraw berserk) and worse, glowy circles (from Sanctuary and, I think, Ebony) then why should you be able to hide that your vampirism? Be glad you don’t sparkle! :tongue:
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should be adjustable, you can choose to look like before or what they do now.

Or you look like before but when the hunger sets in the colour of the eyes go red and that becomes more and more noticeable.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh. I always though that how vampire look is basically a "kiss - curse" design. You know, a deliberate design. Sure, you get more fire dmg, but you can negate that with CP. I fear that if ZOS somehow will add "hide vampirism", then population of vampires will jump from 70% to 99%.
    The only way I can see this working is with some flaw or sacrefice. Like 5 pcs set bonus that only has something like "hides your vampire apperance". It could also be added to food buff (again, only effect of food buff).

Other than that it would be almost like having WW passives, while being in human form. And even WW has to sacrefice ulti slot for the stam recovery bonus.
  • OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say have normal/mortal form and all three stages of vampirism be skins or body markings with the vampire skins only usable if you have vampirism.
    PC NA. Various alts, trying to find a main, I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Zos would sell alot more body markings and cosmetic items if they would allow you look normal. ;) zos think about the $

Or at the very least make tattoos show up better, i mean how does vamp change tattoo ink it should show better being black against white.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • forfoxsakemary
    As said multiple times, there were "tribes" of vampires able to conceal their appearance and live among the mortals, like the Glenmoril coven and the Cyrodiilic Vampyrum order. So it would work with the lore. Also, even if you look at the vampires in Skyrim, for example, they look pretty normal, except they have red eyes.

latest?cb=20121001002142

Skin isn't grey, no veins everywhere... just red eyes! It would just be simpler for Zenimax to make a "mortal's mask" instead of a complete overhaul so that vamps don't look ugly as heck. You'll tell me that most of the skins in game are lore-friendly? Lol I don't think so, so why not just let us have our "mortal's mask" skin and not be a party pooper? :#

I just really hope they will listen to the community on that, cause it seems pretty wanted! And I don't think (but I'm no dev) it would be really hard as most quest costumes already hide the appearance of vampirism, so they'd just need to take that feature and make it into a skin (again I'm not saying it's so simple, I know nothing about these things but it's just a wild guess).

Please Zenimax! My roleplayer self would love you forever! :D<3

Also I would more than gladly pay for that skin, of course!
    Edited by forfoxsakemary on October 27, 2019 4:17PM
  • eyeseezombiesub17_ESO
    My character is a vampire and should look like a vampire. I'm fine with how it is.
  • TigressCreed
    TigressCreed
    ✭✭✭
    I want to look a little bit paler than mortals but without purple veins and red eyes.
    The Maormer skin sort of does the job as well as the arctic rime. They’re both subtle unless you look up close :) but the idea of a subtle vampire with paler skin and maybe purple circles around eyes sounds great too!
    Xbox NA TigressCreed
  • Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭
    You chose to be a Vampire. It was not forced upon you. You do not deserve the perks if you are not willing to take the downsides. Why is this such a hard concept. It is bad enough that almost every single build adds Vampirism for the perks.
    If you do not want to look that way get the cure and sod off. You do not deserve to be one of us.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm willing to take all the downsides but appearance. So I wear a skin. I get the best of both worlds.

Why people are against a plain skin being sold/earned compared to all the flashy ones already sold/earned out there is hard to understand.

How does it affect you if a vamp looks normal?

I always thought zos would rather sell you multiple skins that almost satisfy you, than selling the exact solution to your problem.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭
    As said multiple times, there were "tribes" of vampires able to conceal their appearance and live among the mortals, like the Glenmoril coven and the Cyrodiilic Vampyrum order. So it would work with the lore. Also, even if you look at the vampires in Skyrim, for example, they look pretty normal, except they have red eyes.

latest?cb=20121001002142

Skin isn't grey, no veins everywhere... just red eyes! It would just be simpler for Zenimax to make a "mortal's mask" instead of a complete overhaul so that vamps don't look ugly as heck. You'll tell me that most of the skins in game are lore-friendly? Lol I don't think so, so why not just let us have our "mortal's mask" skin and not be a party pooper? :#

I just really hope they will listen to the community on that, cause it seems pretty wanted! And I don't think (but I'm no dev) it would be really hard as most quest costumes already hide the appearance of vampirism, so they'd just need to take that feature and make it into a skin (again I'm not saying it's so simple, I know nothing about these things but it's just a wild guess).

Please Zenimax! My roleplayer self would love you forever! :D<3

Also I would more than gladly pay for that skin, of course!

I do understand what you are coming from, but that was a skill taught directly by Clavicus Vile. It was not something they just learned. They are also elitist and would not readily be giving out their secrets. I strongly think that Vampirism is already a joke in the game, and has had all culture and flavor killed by the fact that every build out there takes Vampirism for stats. Someone wanting to make it so that the only real drawback from Vampirism can be so easily dealt with in my opinion does not care at all about being a Vampire or what is best for the line.
    Edited by Unseelie on January 15, 2020 12:26AM
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you dont need this anymore, the new chapter has reversed the appearance stages, most powerful (stage) is now the well fed appearance.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thannazzar wrote: »
    Looks like you dont need this anymore, the new chapter has reversed the appearance stages, most powerful (stage) is now the well fed appearance.

Doesn't mean they won't swap the graphics too. Probably worth waiting until PTS to see.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to look a little bit paler than mortals but without purple veins and red eyes.
    I currently use the arctic rime skin to hide it, does a great job
  • forfoxsakemary
    Hey guys!
    Thannazzar wrote: »

Yes I really hope it's the case! :) In the cinematic of the Dark heart of Skyrim, when we saw the Vampire Lord-looking dude, he seemed to have normal skin, so I wonder if we will finally get a skin option or whatever! Even if it's not the case, I'd still be much happier with the vamp if Stage 4 looked like Stage 1, so I'd still be happy with that!

1VGd7Ly.png

There's lots of shadows but his skin doesn't look grey! Looks more on the peachy side. Anyway, time will tell! :smile: Maybe we'll simply get new cool subtle skins!
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should give you the option on how vampire you want to look. From your normal self to a walking pale corps with bloodshot eyes.
    If they make a slider you can tune it exactly how you want it.

Of course we always have the teeth.

Edited by kinguardian on January 19, 2020 12:07PM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next update please. Maybe some red eyes and everything else looks normal. I have money
    Edited by Banana on January 19, 2020 9:11PM
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, I prefer my characters feral stage 4 appearance to the stage 1 'goth with pink-eye' look.
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just want them to fix vampirism washing out all the facial and body markings.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to my vamp to look suitably malevolent, which on release of this skin

https://elderscrolls.net/media/2020/01/aw_crwn_skin_bloodfiend_1x1.jpg

Won't be a problem no matter how ZOS capitulate to people want in vamps to be goths with pink-eye.