Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1500 crowns per outfit slot (1 slot) just under $1200 for every slot

• Anthony_Arndt
    Anthony_Arndt
    ✭✭✭
    ...Their price even on sale (750cr) is far too high to buy them for more characters. Besides it's literally illogical. Outfit change at crafting station can be done with a single click using an addon. And it costs on average less than 4k gold. 4k gold is an equivalent of 10 crowns at this moment. This means that buying an outfit slot is an equivalent of 75 or 150 changes at outfit station... changes between only two outfits. And we all know that no one sticks to only two outfits forever. We change them more or less often.

If the Outfit Slot Upgrade was for an entire account (all chars) then I would gladly buy one or even two more because I have an addon that changes outfits depending on what build I am using.

Exactly this. If Outfit Slots unlocks were 750 Crowns per account-wide purchase, I would probably but at least two. But I love the ESO Outfit system, so by the time I was done playing with it... I'd probably have bought somewhere around seventeen. Yes, I have ideas for at least 17 outfits... just on my main.

My son plays ESO with my wife and I. But he also loves Star Wars, so he's started playing SWTOR with me in since December. He's already created three characters (in addition to the two bank alts I had made for him).

Spending as much time in SWTOR as in ESO and jumping between my main, some mid-level characters, and some newly created ones, it made me realise that in SWTOR I have bought 4 account-wide outfit tab unlocks and 1-5 additional single character unlocks per character. And they're all used. Some were bought with in-game money, some with Cartel Coins (crowns).

An account-wide outfit tab unlock in SWTOR costs 20k for the first up to 500k for the 10th-15th (about 4.5mil total), but if you buy it with cash, it's about 240 crowns each. So for the equivalent of 3,600 crowns, you would have all 16 Outfit Tabs unlocked on all characters (existing or future), that's 24 characters on each of the 5 servers without buying any additional character slots. So if you bought all the Outfit Tabs with cash, played on only one server, and only had one of each of the 16 advanced classes, it would cost you 3,600 crowns for 240 slots. Meaning the per-character cost would be about 15 crowns.

The character limit is 100 characters per server, so that's a potential limit of 500 characters across the five servers, making for a potential of 7,500 paid Outfit Tabs unlocked. But that's insane. I don't know of anyone who has done this yet... I have spent that much or on other things, even single items, in the SWTOR cash shop but not that... I have one character each on the French and German servers, at least nine on each of the English servers.

As a sub, only gives me 500 Cartel Coins each month, while ESO gives me 1500 Crowns. And I do feel you can get more for your money, normally, for your crowns than for your cartel coins. But the gap between the prices is just too much sticker shock.

Not to mention that if something changes and you decide delete the character, you loose the outfit slot.

So, if the prices were reasonable, I would have bought as many as I could have afforded on day one. And more since then.

Instead, I have bought zero.
    ”Fusozay Var Var”: ”Enjoy Life”
    Life is short. If you have not made love recently, please, put down this book, and take care of that with all haste. Find a wanton lass or a frisky lad, or several, in whatever combination your wise loins direct, and do not under any circumstances play hard to get. Our struggle against the colossal forces of oppression can wait.
    Good. Welcome back.
    We Khajiit live and fight together, and our struggles will not end very soon, likely not in our lifetimes. In the time we have, we do not want our closest comrades to be dour, dull, colorless, sober, and virginal. If we did, we would have joined the Thalmor.
    Do not begrudge us our lewd jokes, our bawdy, drunken nights, our moonsugar. They are the pleasures often denied to us, and so we take our good humor very seriously.
    Outfit slots are disgustingly expensive.
  • SgtSilock
    SgtSilock
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_MikaS wrote: »
    We have recently removed a few non-constructive posts.Please be sure to keep this discussion civil and respectful.

I haven't been here long, fairly new, but I am already sick and tired of seeing players with legitimate issues or valid criticisms, and seeing you have responded, but that response is only to tell people to be nice to each other or that you have removed a few posts.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TALK TO YOUR COMMUNITY!! They want to help you make this a better game, and all you can do is watch the forums and delete posts.
    Edited by SgtSilock on January 8, 2019 7:25PM
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    SgtSilock wrote: »
    We have recently removed a few non-constructive posts.Please be sure to keep this discussion civil and respectful.

I haven't been here long, fairly new, but I am already sick and tired of seeing players with legitimate issues or valid criticisms, and seeing you have responded, but that response is only to tell people to be nice to each other or that you have removed a few posts.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TALK TO YOUR COMMUNITY!! They want to help you make this a better game, and all you can do is watch the forums and delete posts.
    You're right, but it couldn't be more obvious from a nearly year old post with 35 pages that they only care about money, not where it comes from, and making reasonable choices to make more of it.

Pure
    Greed.

lJ13aqe.png
    Edited by Inoki on January 8, 2019 8:46PM
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way I would even consider these is if they went on sale for 80-100 Crowns. That is the standard going price in almost all MMOs for an outfit slot. For account wide, it should be 500 crowns per slot max.

This pricing was ludicrous from the get go. Even at 50% off, 750 crowns is still more than 7 times the standard price for these things.

Would I like more slots on my characters - heck yeah. Can I live without them with the stupid price they are asking for an outfit slot - heck yeah.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayshuba wrote: »
    The only way I would even consider these is if they went on sale for 80-100 Crowns. That is the standard going price in almost all MMOs for an outfit slot. For account wide, it should be 500 crowns per slot max.

This pricing was ludicrous from the get go. Even at 50% off, 750 crowns is still more than 7 times the standard price for these things.

Would I like more slots on my characters - heck yeah. Can I live without them with the stupid price they are asking for an outfit slot - heck yeah.

It's definitely telling that they'be been on sale for half off two weeks at a time several times now. But yeah, even half off is way too much.
  • ValorieW
    ValorieW
    ✭✭✭
    Would GLADLY pay the price they’re asking if it was account wide. As it is— NOPE. No way. I will never.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow

A fine example of bad communication

1 year and no change on the price or store wording, no communication either

You’re consistent

Those little things are killing ZOS image slowly but surely
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    ValorieW wrote: »
    Would GLADLY pay the price they’re asking if it was account wide. As it is— NOPE. No way. I will never.

It's still too much.

I'd say make it available for 750 Crowns, which is the lowest amount you can buy, and make them account wide and there you go, I'm pretty sure most would be happier with that, myself included.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Wow

You’re consistent

I know I've said it in this thread more than once, but I'll say it again: if anything ends up driving me away from this game, it will absolutely be this sort of thing. Poor communication + seedy business practices = a bad time, even if the rest of the game is good. And, honestly, the seedy business practices thing has definitely undermined the quality of the game itself on more than one occasion.

This is an obvious example - holding a brilliant customization system hostage behind an appallingly greedy price tag is just a real shame - but it goes beyond the cosmetics at this point, I think. Why fix something like Hel Ra, which has been badly bugged to the point of almost being broken for almost a year now, when they can make more money off of the 10,000th re-skin of a mount or pet? Why do balance and quality of life passes when they could just release another poorly tested DLC or Chapter and get immediate profit then and there?

This game often feels like it never fully made the transition from the "we're slowly dying, so let's milk this property for all it's worth before the end" mindset to the "we're one of the most popular MMORPGs on the market, so let's apply some serious polish and strengthen the foundations so we can keep making money off of it for years to come" mindset. I think they're finally starting to see that this short-term profit focus is a bit of a dead end, but it took how many botched events and disastrous patches before they got there? Related: welcome back to the world of playability, PC/EU!
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on January 29, 2019 7:53PM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow

You’re consistent

I know I've said it in this thread more than once, but I'll say it again: if anything ends up driving me away from this game, it will absolutely be this sort of thing. Poor communication + seedy business practices = a bad time, even if the rest of the game is good. And, honestly, the seedy business practices thing has definitely undermined the quality of the game itself on more than one occasion.

This is an obvious example - holding a brilliant customization system hostage behind an appallingly greedy price tag is just a real shame - but it goes beyond the cosmetics at this point, I think. Why fix something like Hel Ra, which has been badly bugged to the point of almost being broken for almost a year now, when they can make more money off of the 10,000th re-skin of a mount or pet? Why do balance and quality of life passes when they could just release another poorly tested DLC or Chapter and get immediate profit then and there?

This game often feels like it never fully made the transition from the "we're slowly dying, so let's milk this property for all it's worth before the end" mindset to "we're one of the most popular MMORPGs on the market, so let's apply some serious polish and strengthen the foundations so we can keep making money off of it for years to come" mindset. I think they're finally starting to see that this short-term profit focus is a bit of a dead end, but it took how many botched events and disastrous patches before they got there? Related: welcome back to the world of playability, PC/EU!

Pretty much this

Sums it all pretty nicely
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Server is down so i thought id check on this one

Still no reply
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'll legitimately never buy a single outfit slot. The pricing alone is absurd, but them being character bound not account wide is the most ridiculous bs I've seen. The fact that people have been complaining about this for a year without any acknowledgement from zos just straight up sucks.
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    They actually seem to read this, because the outfit slot is now as I hoped it would be, 750 Crowns, but it doesn't say if it's account wide or just per character. If it becomes permanently discounted for 750 Crowns and account bound, I'll buy for sure, and not just one.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Inoki wrote: »
    They actually seem to read this, because the outfit slot is now as I hoped it would be, 750 Crowns, but it doesn't say if it's account wide or just per character. If it becomes permanently discounted for 750 Crowns and account bound, I'll buy for sure, and not just one.

It's on sale 50% off (about as often as it's full price) but it's still the same old single-character slot.
    heaven13 wrote: »

That's the thing...the prices have been adjusted. The outfit slots go on sale constantly for 50% off. Pretty sure they were on sale for at least a week on 2 separate occasions just in December alone. At this point, I feel like they know they made a mistake but can't (or won't) admit to it and figure out how to deal with the fallout of existing purchasers if they permanently lowered the price.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inoki wrote: »

But even at 750 it is still way overpriced for what it is (and just further exemplifies just how outright ludicrous the 1500 Crown price on these was to begin with).

Outfit slots are a fairly common staple sell item in MMOs. They are not something unique to ESO. That being said, this is one of those things that SHOULD have been around industry standard pricing.

If that had been the case, a single slot on a single character should be around 60-80 Crowns. And account-wide unlock should be around 400-500 Crowns. That is if they were matching industry pricing. However, let's say they want to get double what everyone else is getting - that would still be 120-160 Crowns single slot, 800-1000 Crowns account-wide slot unlock. And that is at twice what the industry market rate is.

Instead, someone thought 1500 Crowns for a single slot on a single character was a good idea. Worst pricing mess up by ZoS I have seen and they just refuse to correct it when all they have to do is work backwards.

1500 Crowns account-wide unlimited unlock. Everyone that bought a few of these at 1500 (or on sale) just open them up account wide.150 Crowns single slot, single character. Done.

But this has been out a while now and the best we get is almost non-stop 50% off sales. So at this point, I have given up. Even at 50% off the original ludicrous price, it still is crazy. Even with sale, they are still trying to get $7.00 for something that sells industry wide for about 75 cents. See the complete idiocy in it?
    Edited by Wayshuba on February 1, 2019 1:40PM
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I too was completely turned off by the discovery that it was only for one character. There is no way it's worth that price. Even when it goes on sale I'm not sure I feel like it's worth it. I've sort of considered it a couple times because changing outfits is also a bit more costly than I can justify with in game gold (I don't find it a breeze to make like some people do *shrug*), but... have yet to need another slot thaaaat badly. If it was one slot for every character on your account I would totally do it, maybe even multiple times. But for only one character?? Er... NO.

I know there are plenty of people for whom that's not expensive, but I have to agree I think they'd sell a lot more of them if they either changed the price or made them account-wide.
    Edited by Aelthwyn on February 2, 2019 6:33AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aelthwyn wrote: »
    I too was completely turned off by the discovery that it was only for one character. There is no way it's worth that price. Even when it goes on sale I'm not sure I feel like it's worth it. I've sort of considered it a couple times because changing outfits is also a bit more costly than I can justify with in game gold (I don't find it a breeze to make like some people do *shrug*), but... have yet to need another slot thaaaat badly. If it was one slot for every character on your account I would totally do it, maybe even multiple times. But for only one character?? Er... NO.

I know there are plenty of people for whom that's not expensive, but I have to say I think they'd sell a lot more of them if they either changed the price or made them account-wide.

I think sales would have skyrocketed if they did by account

Now the hype is down... but still sales would explodes (well not as much as if they did it at the right time)
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know there are plenty of people for whom that's not expensive, but I have to say I think they'd sell a lot more of them if they either changed the price or made them account-wide.

Now the hype is down... but still sales would explodes (well not as much as if they did it at the right time)

I mean, I personally would buy three of them. Immediately. At the full price of 1,500 Crowns. No hesitation whatsoever. So, yeah, they'd get money from me at the very least.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, I personally would buy three of them. Immediately. At the full price of 1,500 Crowns. No hesitation whatsoever. So, yeah, they'd get money from me at the very least.

Many of us would
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭

Mika S, hi.
    I want to ask, why Zenimax team didn't reacted still on any constructive posts in this thread?
    About unfixed scam which is in selling Outfit slot upgrade without any information inside the game that it applyes only to 1 character.
    Can u push this question there...I and many others ask not about price, we ask to fix the information in crown store.
    It should provide this information (that it's for 1 character only) when u try to buy this item there.
    Edited by Anethum on February 4, 2019 8:58PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • jmc.maddux_ESO
    jmc.maddux_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I agree with the sentiments of these posts. The outfit slot description seems intentionally vague so ZOS can make more cash. The price to unlock just one single character outfit slot is unreasonable when compared to other systems and goods. These should be account wide.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the sentiments of these posts. The outfit slot description seems intentionally vague so ZOS can make more cash. The price to unlock just one single character outfit slot is unreasonable when compared to other systems and goods. These should be account wide.

And I keep hearing about it, too. One of my guildies recently was surprised when she bought one and realized it only applied to her current character. It really isn't just a bunch of forum users blowing it out of proportion; this is a real problem.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And I keep hearing about it, too. One of my guildies recently was surprised when she bought one and realized it only applied to her current character. It really isn't just a bunch of forum users blowing it out of proportion; this is a real problem.

Not for ZOS... Each time someone buys this, a Marketer gets a bonus. :smiley:

This thread started one year ago February 12, and it is completely sad that it is still like this. Worse that ZOS seems perfectly fine with the item description not clearly identifying what is being purchased.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the sake of comparison, I'd like to mention Champions Online. This is a Superhero MMO, so costume is MUCH more important, as how your character looks in a superhero game is a major part of the character's identity, it makes them recognizable by other players, and often the genre, limited as it is in number of games, offers a very creative character design utility that allows for way more flexible character customisation than any other MMO.

In Champions Online, costume slots also are per character. But they cost, outside of any sale, 150 Zen (the local equivalent of Crowns, with roughly the same value in real life money). For TWO SLOTS.

ESO sells 1 slot for 1500 crowns. Making Champions Online effectively 20 times cheaper for the same upgrade, in a game where said upgrade is comparatively much more meaningful.

What say you, ZOS ? Nothing, as usual ?
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the... er... upside, this post has now surpassed the official "Ideas for ESO Plus" thread in both post count and views...

Edited by OrdoHermetica on February 12, 2019 2:08AM
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duplicate post.
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on February 12, 2019 2:08AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the... er... upside, this post has now surpassed the official "Ideas for ESO Plus" thread in both post count and views...

On Tuesday, the thread will celebrate a first birthday!
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On Tuesday, the thread will celebrate a first birthday!

A sad birthday though
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1491565/#Comment_1491565
    Duplicate post.

Padding the post count and views! I see you and your cunning, cunning plan!!!

(just kidding)

Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what to make of the fact that while marketing placates the min-maxers with free name/race change tokens - that a whole bunch of us do not want and will not use because we aren't min-maxers - marketing can't figure out that this issue is deserving of the same level of attention.