The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rapids nerf

frostz417
frostz417
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Okay so let’s remove the only good source of snare and root immunity but do nothing to address how snares and roots are so easily spammed with no cooldown whatsoever ever? Is this a joke? Does zos want this game to be everyone going slow af and permanently snared/rooted?????
This snare and root meta will now be even worse since there’s still a bunch of pugs spamming roots and snares with 0 drawback whatsoever
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good, send this skill straight to the dumpster.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

Why?
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 from me. Read that and thought "Really???"
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • GraphicArtistYT
    GraphicArtistYT
    ✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Okay so let’s remove the only good source of snare and root immunity but do nothing to address how snares and roots are so easily spammed with no cooldown whatsoever ever? Is this a joke? Does zos want this game to be everyone going slow af and permanently snared/rooted?????
    This snare and root meta will now be even worse since there’s still a bunch of pugs spamming roots and snares with 0 drawback whatsoever

The game was designed to be annoying
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best move ever from ZoS. The end of a *** of ballgroups.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am actually surprised it took thing long TBH.

I guess ball groups need more purge spam now.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Yes. Let’s punish ball groups for farming zerglings because they can’t fight back due to their lack of skill and coordination... welcome to the age where being a good player gets you punished while being rewarded for being trash
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good nerf <3
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. Let’s punish ball groups for farming zerglings because they can’t fight back due to their lack of skill and coordination... welcome to the age where being a good player gets you punished while being rewarded for being trash
    If they're good players they'll adapt and continue to farm zerglings. If their entire ability to be a good player rested on one skill, I'd personally question if they were good players.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If they're good players they'll adapt and continue to farm zerglings. If their entire ability to be a good player rested on one skill, I'd personally question if they were good players.

Well.. since rapids will be useless.. my next assumption will be that ball grouping will need more purge’s instead of rapids spamming. Meaning support that focused on stam will need to rely on mag for purge spamming instead of rapids
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ball groups don't really need any buffs, nerfs are appreciated
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well.. since rapids will be useless.. my next assumption will be that ball grouping will need more purge’s instead of rapids spamming. Meaning support that focused on stam will need to rely on mag for purge spamming instead of rapids

A good ball group player knows other counters to slows. Mind you he or she now has to press an ability himself instead of getting carried by their rapid slave.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • The_Shadowborn
    The_Shadowborn
    ✭✭✭
    This is a well... peculiar decision, guilds will learn to adapt as we always have however this is a kick in the teeth to the players trying to overcome the movement changes seen in Murkmire and the easily reapplied snares that has plagued the game for a while now.

A snare cooldown and cap would be logical which would aid everyone and improve the quality of life in pvp. As people have wanted the fast paced PvP we saw a few patches ago and would also coinside with their CC cool they added.
    @W_Shadowborn (PC/EU)
    - Toxic Toads
    - Noxious
    - [/s] Cyrodiil's Fist
    [/s]
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    ball groups don't really need any buffs, nerfs are appreciated

Nerfs because ball groups took the time to actually assemble an organized group to combat annoying zergs who just 60v12 everyone?? Are you even listening to yourself?
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not like AD use this in PvP anyway so they won't be giving a F
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't give a fig for PVP these days, but the designers seem to have a weird obsession with making the game slow as molasses. It has infected pve as well with expedition nerfs. Find another way to balance things that doesn't kill the flow and maybe try something other than nerfs for once in your careers.
    forever stuck in combat
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it funny that many people assume that this will be the change that breaks the organized raids.

We heard the same thing about AOE caps, removing AOE caps, the siege buffs, and plenty of other PVP changes.

Teamwork, good communication, cohesive movement, and coordinated casting will continue to dominate Cyrodiil. That's pretty much what Cyrodiil was designed for and that wont change.

This rapids change somewhat closes the gap between coordinated small groups and organized raids, which is a good thing. We all knew the overall speed nerf was a mistake that made speed the sole providence of large raids - ZOS has now removed speed in combat for everyone. (Which is enough to make me wonder why ZOS wants to slow combat down.)

But slowing down combat just means that large organized raids have to work harder to stick together. Its far from the end as long as those raids adapt like they have for every other major PVP change. Large organized groups can still adapt to dealing with more CCs and still protect their vulnerable members while moving better than any other group in PVP.

The people who will lose out the most are the semi-organized PUG raids or groups with poor communication. They will be easier to pull apart and take down in pieces.

In short, this is a major buff for organized small groups vs large organized groups (reversing the previous speed nerf which devastated organized small groups vs large groups), and a buff for any organized group vs disorganized groups (as usual.)
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Why?

You don't see anything problematic about having nigh perma-immunity to tools designed specifically to fight the people that have said immunity at no cost of their own?
    Edited by usmcjdking on January 21, 2019 10:14PM
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why?

You don't see anything problematic about having nigh perma-immunity to tools designed specifically to fight the people that have said immunity at no cost of their own?

You don’t see anything problematic about everyone being able to relentlessly spam snares and roots without any cooldown or draw back constantly rooting opponents down especially since almost every spammable is a snare?
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What about solo players using retreating?

Edit: Rapids got nerfed?
    Edited by D0PAMINE on January 21, 2019 10:28PM
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Why?

You don’t see anything problematic about everyone being able to relentlessly spam snares and roots without any cooldown or draw back constantly rooting opponents down especially since almost every spammable is a snare?

No, not really. I encourage any mechanic that makes people fight for a clear & decisive winner.
    Edited by usmcjdking on January 21, 2019 10:32PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I only seen zergers and ball groups use rapids.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair, if we're going to be real about this...

I don't see ball groups fighting zergs hardly ever. What I do see, however, is ball groups jumping on solo players and smaller groups that they outnumber.

• phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Groups of all sizes chase down other groups, smaller groups, solo players. Such is life in a pvp zone.

What exactly is changing with rapids? Is retreating maneuver being nerfed? Or rapids in general.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Groups of all sizes chase down other groups, smaller groups, solo players. Such is life in a pvp zone.

What exactly is changing with rapids? Is retreating maneuver being nerfed? Or rapids in general.

No more snare/root immunity
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have no issue with the change to rapids.
    The ability allowed groups to move unhindered for far too long.

Exactly.
    Hopefully, the unskilled 2 buttons ball groups will be removed from existence :)
    Such a dull and uninteresting form of combat anyway.
    Next up: Eye of the Storm ultimate ability can only be stacked up to 2 storms in the same area.
    Developer's comment: This ultimate ability morph was too strong when stacked multiple times.
    A special indicator will be present when 2 storms are active in an area.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes... because nothing say skillful like having one guy dedicated to spamming a single ability.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    phairdon wrote: »

No more snare/root immunity

Thanks.
    Not going to lose any sleep over the change.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rapids spammer for each of these ball groups will have to find a new job.

I’m very happy with these changes as it promotes skillful play on an individual basis - something the top tier PvP groups have already been doing for a long time.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about forward momentum?
This discussion has been closed.