Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Snipe changes PLEASE

• StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icky wrote: »
    Haters gonna hate 😎
    https://youtu.be/w1GqBjdXX2Q

@Icky You are the last drop that inspired me to finally put together my stamblade alt and try the bow. xD
    Yesterday I was actually running on my dps Sorc in a group with a similar guy in IC. He was punishing Zerg groups there. Nice person actually. We all had a lot of fun.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Katahdin wrote: »
    No
    L2P please

Are you a Snipe spammer? If so, that request is hella ironic. ;)

I use lethal arrow, but I don't "spam" it. A one second cast time is hardly spam. I use it mosly around keeps to counter range attacts on the seige line. And unless the person is low health already or in all light divines with less than 16k health, they aren't gona die. If you're full health and dying to snipe it's L2P.

They do need to fix the desync though, which is the real issue.
    proteinexe wrote:
    No nerf of damage, but an increase cost like you said - just like streak

You mean the streak that a mag sorc can spam 5-6 times at least? Don't tell me they can't because I've played mag sorc and have done it many times.

Bow is the only damn ranged stamina option, of which 2 skills are even useful in pvp.

Let's nerf reach, crushing shock, mages wrath, radient destruction, javlin and every single ranged magicka ability in the same way you propose for bow

How does one “L2P” when affected by a health desync bug? Most people who go from 100% health to 0 in one second while being hit by Snipe spam are affected by said bug.

I’m really tired of posting video footage of the bug in question, so feel free to look it up on YT before spouting further nonsense.

In reference to the comparasion of reach, force pulse ect... to snipe. Snipe is 40m not 28. Im sure snipe wouldnt be as effective if the magsorcs/ magblades could hit them back.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    The moment the player start casting snipe, he/she should lose invisibility.

You do and you stand up.
    Why are you lying and spreading misinformation?

Not lying, attacks break stealth.
    Not to mention many times in lag all you can do with snipe is point your bow in the air without it firing and get killed because you are exposed.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    The moment the player start casting snipe, he/she should lose invisibility.

You do and you stand up.
    Why are you lying and spreading misinformation?

Not lying, attacks break stealth.
    Not to mention many times in lag all you can do with snipe is point your bow in the air without it firing and get killed because you are exposed.

That happened to me last night in Cryodiil. Between abilities not going off unless I push the key 2-4 times, the bar not wanting to swap, the never ending loading screens, I'd had enough. I just alt F4'd the game and went to bed, left my toon dead when he fell after three enemy players converged on me the instant I tried to fire my bow... that wouldn't fire.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than fixing the desync issue, I’d have ZOS revert the change to the order of bow abilities. Having Snipe so early on in bow leveling makes lowbie battlegrounds miserable.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »
    Hate it or not, Snipe adds to build diversity. Today you remove Snipe, what comes tomorrow?

A better game with more balance??
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than fixing the desync issue, I’d have ZOS revert the change to the order of bow abilities. Having Snipe so early on in bow leveling makes lowbie battlegrounds miserable.

Now this I agree with never understood why they changed snipe to unlock so early.
    And the client/server desync is the problem.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watchdog wrote: »
    Could you stop asking for a nerf to one of my favourite PvE skills, please?

Thank you.

LaL

• KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make snipe available at level 51 bow :)
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Facefister wrote: »
    Hate it or not, Snipe adds to build diversity. Today you remove Snipe, what comes tomorrow?

A better game with more balance??

Snipe isn't a problem at all. I get killed way more often by real players with real skill than by the occasional spammer. 2h are deadlier, specially on DKs, NB is op in general and a lot more so with dual daggers than bow. Much worse problem to balance.

Besides, once you get close to these snipers, they get so desperate, it's hilarious how easy it is to kill them.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    No
    L2P please

Are you a Snipe spammer? If so, that request is hella ironic. ;)

I use lethal arrow, but I don't "spam" it. A one second cast time is hardly spam. I use it mosly around keeps to counter range attacts on the seige line. And unless the person is low health already or in all light divines with less than 16k health, they aren't gona die. If you're full health and dying to snipe it's L2P.

They do need to fix the desync though, which is the real issue.
    proteinexe wrote:
    No nerf of damage, but an increase cost like you said - just like streak

You mean the streak that a mag sorc can spam 5-6 times at least? Don't tell me they can't because I've played mag sorc and have done it many times.

Bow is the only damn ranged stamina option, of which 2 skills are even useful in pvp.

Let's nerf reach, crushing shock, mages wrath, radient destruction, javlin and every single ranged magicka ability in the same way you propose for bow

How does one “L2P” when affected by a health desync bug? Most people who go from 100% health to 0 in one second while being hit by Snipe spam are affected by said bug.

I’m really tired of posting video footage of the bug in question, so feel free to look it up on YT before spouting further nonsense.

In reference to the comparasion of reach, force pulse ect... to snipe. Snipe is 40m not 28. Im sure snipe wouldnt be as effective if the magsorcs/ magblades could hit them back.

that's the point
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icky wrote: »
    Haters gonna hate 😎
    https://youtu.be/w1GqBjdXX2Q

@Icky You are the last drop that inspired me to finally put together my stamblade alt and try the bow. xD
    Yesterday I was actually running on my dps Sorc in a group with a similar guy in IC. He was punishing Zerg groups there. Nice person actually. We all had a lot of fun.

My main is a warden healer but lately ive been having a ton of fun running a 100% F.U. build and taking people out quickly. I want to put together a Xv1 video where people werw struggling against one guy until i popped a few well timed snipes into them. Lol
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭

Now this I agree with never understood why they changed snipe to unlock so early.
    And the client/server desync is the problem.

Because it's the bow line spammable. The spammable unlocks 1st in every skill line (except psijic)
    If it didn't unlock 1st, a bow main sorc/dk wouldn't have a spammable at all!
    The skill is fine as mentioned. The bug isn't, and is a different issue. The skill in conjunction with cloak can be a pain, but cloak in general is a contentious skill.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't see how a skill with a cast time is a spammable, but oh well.
    I have no problem with snipe, if I really want to tick people off from range I use Flying Blade which boosts my weapon damage and hits like a truck and slows 40%. Of course they will cry to nerf that next. smh
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    The problem is not Snipe, the problem is the synergy with Cloak and all the other tools you can use to absolutely abuse it.

Been trying to say this for a while.

I can dodge or block a snipe and come at them and they have to fight or die.

I can use detect pots, magelight, or just AOE to combat a cloaking NB so they either kill me or I kill them. Seems good so far.

Someone starts sniping from 40m away and cloak as soon as you see the direction it is coming from, well; you are going to have to cover some ground to get a detect pot on them and good luck trying to use AOE in the right area 40m away. It becomes just playing dance dance revolution evading the next snipe. Theres no or risk. Its just them waiting to get someone off guard or for lag to make 6 snipes land at the same time.

Wings! I keep wings up and love snipe!
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly if you have snipe on your bar you're basically admitting to yourself that you're pathetic at the game, have no intention to learn a dynamic rotation and enjoy getting tbagged 24/7.

There's no justification to using an ability that is broken atm - a 40m ability that hits like a dizzying swing plus desyncs was pretty much designed with the intention to cater for people born without thumbs.

Note: Never refer to snipe as a 'skill' when you refer to it because there's nothing 'skillful' about using it. So just call it an 'ability.'
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »
    Honestly if you have snipe on your bar you're basically admitting to yourself that you're pathetic at the game, have no intention to learn a dynamic rotation and enjoy getting tbagged 24/7.

There's no justification to using an ability that is broken atm - a 40m ability that hits like a dizzying swing plus desyncs was pretty much designed with the intention to cater for people born without thumbs.

Note: Never refer to snipe as a 'skill' when you refer to it because there's nothing 'skillful' about using it. So just call it an 'ability.'

You mean those who stand in a corner and spam snipe
  • Inanegrain62
    I can't see how a skill with a cast time is a spammable, but oh well.
    I have no problem with snipe, if I really want to tick people off from range I use Flying Blade which boosts my weapon damage and hits like a truck and slows 40%. Of course they will cry to nerf that next. smh

The cast time mech they implemented is how it's spammable due to the idea of travel time... Making it spammable as players who didn't notice early on will receive more than just a single snipe. Either by itself or with poison injection with the typical LA weave.
    Edited by Inanegrain62 on January 14, 2019 2:38AM
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ll stick snipe on my bar when I see someone doing nothing but creeping on a ledge using it, because it amuses me to watch their own cheese kill them.

Alternatively, if there’s multiple, I grab Silver Leash and just wait for an opportunity to pull them into the havoc
  • Dovahmiim
    Dovahmiim
    ✭✭✭
    I think balancing snipe and its morphs is actually quite a simple dilemma, and the solution can be found by answering the following question:

Why is snipe a problem and dark flare isn't?

These 2 abilities are exactly analogous, effectively the same damage and function. However, dark flare has a very obvious sound and visual cue when travelling, giving the target ample time to react and counter. Even if it does land, there is no surprise stun attached. Some may argue that snipe also has this in travel sound, however I think most people will agree that when on the receiving end, this sound fails to play when the snipe is casted from sneak, you literally never hear it coming. Perhaps the biggest reason dark flare isn't a problem by comparison is because when the dark flare user is identified, they can be targeted immediately, as they cannot cloak and become immune to any form of counterattack.

Given the above comparison, here is my solution to give actual counterplay to snipe users.

1. Amplify the sound played when a snipe is incoming, and if possible add a visual cue to help identify where the snipe came
    from. Snipe NEEDS to be as telegraphed as dark flare, a good example to go off for stamina ranged skills would be
    Relentless Focus proc.

2. Casting snipe needs to remove you from sneak or cloak as soon as the projectile is fired. For instance if you cast a dark
    flare from stealth, you will be pulled out of sneak as soon as you fire off the flare.

3. This one may be going too far, however from the perspective of someone who has played a dark flare templar and a snipe
    NB (not for long, was brain-dead easy), I think this is fair. Currently snipe is a LOW risk HIGH reward ability, meaning even a
    player using snipe (and they are basically always bad) can genuinely pressure a good player just by spamming this move
    from far away, far more than lets say a melee character on them. This is fine actually, that is the intended function of the
    ability, and it is the responsibility of the target to find cover to avoid the snipes... OR immediately focus the sniper. However
    cloak, the sniper can disengage and reposition with no risk or consequence. So, I'd suggest that casting snipe should a NB
    from cloaking for a few seconds, perhaps the same duration as a magelight reveal.
    I'm better.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Decrease the base dmg, make it so that every snipe is a crit.

This will increase the dmg from non nightblades who use it strategically, and reduce the dmg from the NBs in gank builds like mine that stack pure dmg and use cloak to force a crit.

A better question is, why do stamblades need a guaranteed crit from stealth along with a free CC, on demand minor berserk, and an extra 10% weapon damage? Snipe in of itself, without stealth, isn’t a huge deal. It’s all of this other *** that makes it OP. On magblades I think the passives are mostly balanced, stamblades have way too much upfront burst to warrant even more of it from stealth. Remove the CC from stealth, bow builds have draining shot which is a very good CC, and NBs have fear and incap strike, two of the best CC in the game. It’s very easy to launch a snipe and then hit someone with draining shot for a similar effect, just takes a bit more skill. Remove the 10% wpn damage from stealth and make it only spell damage. Plenty of other classes have passives that apply only to magicka. I believe those two things would make a very good start and then you could actually start to balance the bow to be a truly viable frontbar weapon without the need for other broken mechanics.

Edit: the thing about your suggestion is that I’m pretty sure snipe builds would just build for very high crit damage (no need for crit chance with your change), and with the CC from stealth still being applied the situation wouldn’t be fixed it would just be different. Yes we have impen gear and CP but as some have shown, crit builds, especially on Stamblades, can still hit incredibly hard. In fact this change might even exacerbate the issue in no CP
    Edited by Vapirko on January 14, 2019 4:32AM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nevermind - not worth it.
    Edited by TequilaFire on January 14, 2019 10:18PM
  • Lifemocker
    Lifemocker
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe not nerfed, but fixed so you can’t use it as an instant kill. When I hear the snipe coming I can actually defend against it but then there’s those that don’t even give you any hint that you are being attacked.
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭

Nermind - not worth it.

Yeah it's not worth embarrassing yourself and basically exposing yourself as a zergling.

Go on any decent PvPers stream on Twitch and tell them snipe is balanced please. I'd love to see your opinion be undermined in an instant.

Doesn't surprise me that there's people on the forums who defend snipe and your opinion though. Then again the same people probably justify earthgore and sloads as balanced.
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snipe is one of the few things that keeps DKs relevant, what with the reflector wings and all.

also, few things are more satisfying than killing those BG campers that snipe from their spawn point with their own arrows. Prove me wrong.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zulera301 wrote: »
    snipe is one of the few things that keeps DKs relevant, what with the reflector wings and all.

also, few things are more satisfying than killing those BG campers that snipe from their spawn point with their own arrows. Prove me wrong.

Sure its fun but not everyone has Wings or shimmering shield.

Maybe i am a squishy magblade and getting hit from 8k snipes from a dude hiding in stealth. I couldnt predict its coming cause he was in stealth, i got cc and just ate the 2nd 8k snipe and the snipe wasnt in my LOS and instantly cloacked again making it impossible to find him to fight back.

So, what to do? Ofc, heal up. Healing is weak on magblade, need shields, shields are smal in no cp. He is in stealth and prolly preparing his next snipe. Only thing i can do is also cloak and move away cause he wont show himself until he is ready for some more snipes.....

Pretty balanced, yep.
  • Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »

Maybe i am a squishy magblade and getting hit from 8k snipes from a dude hiding in stealth. I couldnt predict its coming cause he was in stealth, i got cc and just ate the 2nd 8k snipe and the snipe wasnt in my LOS and instantly cloacked again making it impossible to find him to fight back.

So, what to do? Ofc, heal up. Healing is weak on magblade, need shields, shields are smal in no cp. He is in stealth and prolly preparing his next snipe. Only thing i can do is also cloak and move away cause he wont show himself until he is ready for some more snipes.....

Pretty balanced, yep.

And not everyone uses snipe too

Safe to say it is balanced.
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oberstein wrote: »
    Gnozo wrote: »

Pretty balanced, yep.

And not everyone uses snipe too

Safe to say it is balanced.

Wings and shimmering shield are class exclusive while snipe is avaible to everyone.

No one can give facts about snipe being balanced.

Comparing it to its melee counter part dizzy makes dizzy look like trash.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »
    Look I'm not saying to nerf the move, but the spamming on it is a little out of hand. I mean, you cry that we spam SHIELDS and they are OP, so here we go again with a move that is OP spammable and you defend it? OK here's my proposal.

Snipe
    Plant a masterfully aimed arrow into an enemy's vital spot, dealing X Physical Damage. (Nerf initial damage by 15%) Activating this ability within 1.5 seconds increases the cost by 20%.

Focused Aim
    Increase damage by up to 15% based on distance to target.

Lethal Arrow
    No change

LET THE HATE BEGIN

Even though I do agree snipe is in need of attention, when you start by saying they should do it because shields got nerfed, I can only assumed you're asking this out if hate and butt hurt for your beloved sorc. That's the wrong reason to ask for nerfs. The wrong kind of argument. If you want this to happen, present better defense. Good luck in all your endeavors, you'll need it, being such a grudge holder crybaby.

In time, it's been 3 months... L2p.

And before you start telling I'm a snipe spammer, I have 13 toons and just one of them is running a bow, and only for passives and endless hail.

Snipe/bleeds/oblivion damage/proc set cheese all have no place in this game. Unfortunately, due to the sheer myopia in giving HA the best burst dps and all the changes that have had to come, they are now necessary in pvp. Blame the devs and not the players.

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The desync glitch has been in the game for years. It’s not realistic to expect a fix given the time that has gone without one.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.