Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Datamined "Chapter III" - The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr

• Gronk
    Gronk
    ✭✭✭
    As long as Dragons eat all the catfolk it is good and will play well.

writing note to Dragons;

Dragon it is true the catpeople sticketh their noses into your business.But have hope for they are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!

Why else would dragons be at Catlands? DINNER TIME !!!
    Old Guard since Jan 2014
    "Read more, Post less."
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The info (which, let's all keep in mind is not official yet) says the next part of the story will unfold in the course of one year, so even if it's not making sense at first glance, there'll be a whole chapter and 2-3 DLC's worth of material to cover it. Keep calm and have some faith in ESO writers :smile:
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeroBad wrote: »
    NEW CLASS? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

ZOS, CHANGE IT! NEW SKILL LINE, PLEASE!

CLASS IS SO OUTDATED!

Lol why skill line? It would be much more difficult to manage and last chapter had soo many complaints due to single Psijic Skill Line.

Class pack with 3 skill line and lot of passives, we need class.

There are many types of players but two very distinctive ones are the "one main character players" (who maybe have more characters but he/she spends more then 90% ingame time with one character), and there the ones with many characters without a dedicated main.
    The first is not interested in new class because they hvae their main since xy time, and they don't interested to start a new character, but would welcome a new skill line for their main, the later ones are more eager to make a new class character for new playsytle.

To have bigger support from the first group make class change tokken avaiable for a reasonable price (also 1 for a daily reward).

The second group doesn't have any more room for new characters because all their slots are filled with alts.
    And even one new free slot wouldn't be enough, we'd need at least 4 (mag dd, stam dd, tank, healer) to satisfy our altaholism.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    There goes what was left of lore and logic. :D Real Dragons in ESO, which never happened and which was confirmed by ZoS to never happen. And undead chilling in all major towns and social hubs.

Glad I'm not the only one that sees this. I mean eso has been playing fast and loose with the lore since inception, but this is truly jumping the shark and disregarding all lore entirely.

Lore...lore... Oh, come on! ZOS can make another lorebook which will talk about dragons and this will become a new lore. It's a game and not a real history.
    Bring it on! All this stuff sounds too fun.

And this is exactly how cows and whales would comment. Which just confirms my original theory, that you would be very pleased by all of this.

Maybe they'll add high horses to the crown store just to cater to your false sense of self-righteousness over video game stories.

I agree. It's wrong to be a fan of established lore in any sort of media. With the passing of time and each new addition, everything from the past titles should be forgotten. It's why things like Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, The Witcher, and many other various fantasy outlets failed so miserably. They laughably tried to make a progressive story with solid lore that didn't rewrite itself with each new addition.

Elder Scrolls is not sourced from books like LotR or Harry Potter. Instead, each new installment creates the canon. And like Star Wars, sometimes things get rewritten, or how stuff works might change for the sake of story. I'm not saying you have to like it when you notice inconsistencies, but you also can't expect the lore to be immutable.

Given the teaser, I expect this chapter to happen in some kind of pocket time line due to a dragon break so it won't effect the normal timeline of the main series. That sounds like a cheap gimmick, but also not out of character for a series that includes such things because it's an ongoing series of games with multiple endings and quest outcomes.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Watchdog wrote: »
    Can we get a new race too? All we have now are four. Yes FOUR. All the Humans are just different ethnicities of the same race. All Elves are just different ethnicities of the same race. Honestly it makes for boring race choices when they mostly all look the same.

How about playable Daedra? Have some break off from Oblivion. Give them customization that includes demon and insect aspects to make them look less like a plain human variant.

How would they even walk around town and interact with people though?

With about the same ease as the combat pet Daedra do now, or as the pet undead are probably going to wander around Alik'r desert. Not even mentioning all the strange non-combat pets, mounts, and the countless headless Hollowjack and various atronach incarnations of the Vestige.

I get what you're saying but a daedra, and obviously one of some power being a player character with class skills and completing great feats is a little different than a summoned and bound lesser daedra. But...then again, the masses have spoken. Lore is not to get in the way of anything. Playable Daedra it is!
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stocking up on more crowns over time!

All my khajiit tooms have been waiting this!
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the new OP/ Broken P2W class will be Necromancer I guess...
    Any one remember how PvP-wise Warden was broken in the first month after Morrowind chapter ? So if you do, get ready to either buy new class & have fun or make a break from PvP for 2 months.... :|
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 6, 2019 5:06PM
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragons?
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any one remember how PvP-wise Warden was broken in the first month after Morrowind chapter ? So if you do, get ready to either buy new class & have fun or make a break from PvP for 2 months.... :|

don't worry, it will be nerfed into oblivion within a few months. just enjoy the NEXT broken meta.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm, do you think they will be able to release this "OP / broken P2W" class in time to properly participate in the upcoming PvP event?
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit has a nap for just three hours and this has to come out now?!

Can this one really be going home? Are the sands still warm?

Oh there will be trouble if the dragons have stolen all the beer or worse eaten all the fishies! Also they could have blotted out the moons or something really awful like that perhaps? But the beer … yes that worries this one most of all.

Necromancy - it does not appeal - but always a new passport in Tamriel comes with troubles of some kind to sort out.

Of course this one hopes for warm sands, bustling markets, endless beer and year round Fishmas. Dragons and zombies were not on the list but if this is the price that must be paid then bring on the Dragon zombies yes.

What should this one pack? What should she pack!!!

Yours with trembling paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datamined: Necromancer is a class, Dragon is a memento
  • PIEGOD
    PIEGOD
    well this is really bad. you know why?

I have work tomorrow, it's 3am and i am super hyped so much that i cant sleep. thanks. :p

who needs sleep
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They can’t even balance 5 CLASSES. In endgame PvE score runs there is literally ONE CLASS PRESENT FOR DPS.

Another class will put this game on its deathbed.
  • Valamist
    Valamist
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm... I must admit, I did not think we would be going to the home of the Khajiit. Though we would be going... Elsweyr... Just hope this new story against ancient beasts does not Dragon... Play as a Necromancer? Over my dead body...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Elder Scrolls is not sourced from books like LotR or Harry Potter. Instead, each new installment creates the canon. And like Star Wars, sometimes things get rewritten, or how stuff works might change for the sake of story. I'm not saying you have to like it when you notice inconsistencies, but you also can't expect the lore to be immutable.

Given the teaser, I expect this chapter to happen in some kind of pocket time line due to a dragon break so it won't effect the normal timeline of the main series. That sounds like a cheap gimmick, but also not out of character for a series that includes such things because it's an ongoing series of games with multiple endings and quest outcomes.

Elder Scrolls lore is definitely mutable. :smile: It isn't just ZOS that get accused of "rewriting" history.

I am hoping that ZOS does not use some "dragon break" thing. I will probably accept it, but will never praise their writing, again. It is a sign that they are out of ideas, and Elder Scrolls still has plenty of ideas left.

Now, some pocket realm of Oblivion... that is something interesting.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    They can’t even balance 5 CLASSES. In endgame PvE score runs there is literally ONE CLASS PRESENT FOR DPS.

not wrong but they dont care.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »

Pretty much. Never thought we would agree on something.
    I never understood why new classes are added when the original ones are outdated and unbalanced still.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    New link on the first page:

https://elderscrolls.net/2019/01/06/30234-eso-elsweyr-izobrazheniya-i-podrobnosti/

Many more datamined things there (let your explorer auto translate the Russian).

OMG this looks awesome :D
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New chapter? Necromancer class? Who cares? I'm getting a Jerboa!
    forever stuck in combat
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There goes what was left of lore and logic. :D Real Dragons in ESO, which never happened and which was confirmed by ZoS to never happen. And undead chilling in all major towns and social hubs.

Glad I'm not the only one that sees this. I mean eso has been playing fast and loose with the lore since inception, but this is truly jumping the shark and disregarding all lore entirely.

Lore...lore... Oh, come on! ZOS can make another lorebook which will talk about dragons and this will become a new lore. It's a game and not a real history.
    Bring it on! All this stuff sounds too fun.

And this is exactly how cows and whales would comment. Which just confirms my original theory, that you would be very pleased by all of this.

Well, I'm a self-professed whale - and so far I'm not a bit happy about it. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

I've already had some issues with "lore" in this game - but since they set the game in a time where there wasn't a whole lot "codified as canon" previously, I've let it slide by me.

Don't think this is going to slide very well though.... and on top of that, it'll be an absolutely HUGE download I won't have the bw for, so I'll have to ask a friend to send me his install folder again.... *sigh*
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP you're a legend for posting this. thank you to all the dataminers!!!

I found you! The one who took Nightingale nick before me :D

@ESO_Nightingale
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cash grab
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • Calste85
    Calste85
    Soul Shriven
    Some cool stuff, was kinda hoping for a new weapons pack but necromancer class is cool. Seriously hope dragons don't play a major role as their presence breaks lore, I can kind of see how necromancers roaming the streets with undead minions would break lore so perhaps the minions would be non persistent
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NEW CLASS? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

ZOS, CHANGE IT! NEW SKILL LINE, PLEASE!

CLASS IS SO OUTDATED!

Lol why skill line? It would be much more difficult to manage and last chapter had soo many complaints due to single Psijic Skill Line.

Class pack with 3 skill line and lot of passives, we need class.

It's more difficult to balance classes.

The game needs horizontal progression.

I don't want to have to levl up a new character from Lvl 3 to 50 again, and I don't have any more slots.

In fact, all ESO classes should be extinguished and replaced with Skill Lines.

This is ESO, not WoW or FFXIV.

You do not want ESO to grow, it needs new class not simple skill line.

For end game players, game is dying!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 6, 2019 5:39PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valamist wrote: »
    Hmm... I must admit, I did not think we would be going to the home of the Khajiit.
    Yep, it is unexpected. I thought that next chapter will be somewhere in Hamerfell (as TES 6 is supposed to take place there it makes sense that ZOS will try to cover this area ASAP so people will buy it - but I guess TES 6 is still years away and the have time). Also Argonians got only DCL, so naturally I assumed that Khajits will get DLC too... but an entire chapter ? Damn, I hope each race will have its own chapter eventually...
  • dogman
    dogman
    ✭✭✭✭
    i'm just tryna have a good time
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for making more appropriate post!
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dogman wrote: »

Hey that's my video! :tongue:
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Atallanta wrote: »
    OP you're a legend for posting this. thank you to all the dataminers!!!

I found you! The one who took Nightingale nick before me :D

@ESO_Nightingale

haha! it's mine!
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX