The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Datamined "Chapter III" - The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    - New zone: Elsweyr

- New class: Necromancer

- New "enemies": Dragons

ydIpOPg.png
    Elsweyr, Necromancy, Dragons. I really don't see how those three things are related.

@ZOS_Lawrence_Schick I look forward to your explanations.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. Now that lore is being broken thankfully, bring on the gnomes!
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe necromancers raised the dragons.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Special thanks to UESP Discord's @Thalmor_Justiciar AKA Smirkmire (I hope you don't mind I put the information together in this thread). He said he's datamining more stuff later that we know what's coming (skills, architecture etc.) - I will keep this thread updated.

hey, that's me!

@Seraphayel

QSM1inX.png

You Sir get a special thank you from me!

Guys and girls please give a special thanks to @Arko_Nam_La for his datamining efforts.

I will properly edit the first page with your name. I hope you don't mind that I consolidated all the datamining stuff into this thread.
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 6, 2019 4:37PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NEW CLASS? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

ZOS, CHANGE IT! NEW SKILL LINE, PLEASE!

CLASS IS SO OUTDATED!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tactx wrote: »
    Good. Now that lore is being broken thankfully, bring on the gnomes!

Only if they can be Dragonborn. That should have been the new class anyway :(
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • bharathitman
    bharathitman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even though I am a lore junkie, I firmly believe that lore should not get in the way of having fun. I am all excited for next chapter and the necromancer class. TES is the property of ZOS & Bethesda and they can do as they please. It's not like human history which is set in stone
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

CLASS IS SO OUTDATED!

Lol why skill line? It would be much more difficult to manage and last chapter had soo many complaints due to single Psijic Skill Line.

Class pack with 3 skill line and lot of passives, we need class.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Lol all the Forum Loreplars... all ZoS gotta do is put a Dragon Break into the plot line... then they can do whatever they want in this alternate reality...
    As has been mentioned previously in other threads that put the entirety of ESO in a Dragon Break, that would be a seriously boring cop-out when there are other more interesting explanations that can be used. Besides, there is no recorded Dragon Break in the Interregnum - so unless we have inexplicably ended up in 2E 896 (which, incidentally, is when a Dragon Break occurred in Elsweyr), I'm sure they will come up with something else.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • menschikov2
    menschikov2
    ✭✭✭
    I would laugh if they only implemented this things to troll us all and they release this only in the crownstore. I am not sure if they would tease the whole Thing with ending the 3 Banners war if they would go to an other Zone outside of Cyrodiil. And i don't think that the polt would be that abnur catches some Dragons, convince them to help him and then destroy all 3 alliances while he gets help by the hero who destroyes all Kajhits who are in elswheyr becaus as a part of the doninion they have to attac Abnur when he starts this.
  • Trevore
    Trevore
    ✭✭✭
    What if the second Dragon's Break from the Psijic Order questline brought the dragons back? Or you know, it could be necromancers who did it in Elsweyr. Maybe that's how it's all connected? Although... I didn't really see a connection with the Warden class and Morrowind, as nature and green is more of a wood elf thing, not a dark elf thing. Correct me if I'm wrong on that though.

Personally, I am extremely excited for this chapter. I've been wanting to play as a necromancer since day one, and if I didn't already being my Dragonknight tank to where it is, I could easily see a necromancer being my main character. Dragons though? I was kinda expecting that for Skyrim, because well, Skyrim.

The mounts look really cool too! A NOCTURNAL WOLF?! SIGN ME UP. I usually ride the Coldflame Wolf and the Green Ghost Cat, but that Nocturnal Wolf might be a new one for me.
    Gamertag: MagicalTringusXbox One | NA|Trevore Lombardi [DC ] - Imperial Dragonknight [PvP/PvE Tank]]Samuel Elias Xarxes [DC] - Altmer Sorcerer [Magicka DPS]Solaris Carona [DC] - Breton Templar [Magicka DPS]Alice Barbie Angel [DC] - Breton Necromancer [Magicka DPS]Trevore Nightshade [DC] - Imperial Nightblade [Stamina PvP DPS]Nemo Tigerclaw [DC] - Khajit Nightblade [Stamina PvE DPS]Thomas Ganks [DC] - Dunmer Nightblade [Magicka PvP DPS]Volga Valkyn Skoria [DC] - Dunmer Dragonknight [Stamina PvP DPS]
  • Dillpat
    Dillpat
    ✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    Data mining....

On one hand, it's great to see what is in store for us.

On the other had.... we got the hint with the letter and broken tablet. That would be more fun with hints to see what content we would get.

in *crown* store for us
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol how is this lore-breaking?

Not all the dragons are dead during the time of the 2nd Era...Not even during the time of the 3rd Era.
    Just because an NPC or book said it, doesn't mean it's true.

TES: Redguard (a game before Skyrim, ESO, etc.) shows a literal dragon and Paarthunax has been chilling in the Throat of the World for a long time. I don't think people pay attention to lore or dialog.
    RG-creature-Nafaalilargus.jpg
    latest?cb=20130403032107
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Claudman wrote: »

Not all the dragons are dead during the time of the 2nd Era...Not even during the time of the 3rd Era.

TES: Redguard (a game before Skyrim, ESO, etc.) shows a literal dragon and Paarthunax has been chilling in the Throat of the World for a long time. I don't think people pay attention to lore or dialog.
    latest?cb=20130403032107

I don't think anyone was saying there are NO dragons. Just hoping that the tease wasn't implying there is going to be a literal horde of dragons just flying around as overland mobs. There aren't that many dragons.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    - New zone: Elsweyr

- New class: Necromancer

- New "enemies": Dragons

ydIpOPg.png
    Elsweyr, Necromancy, Dragons. I really don't see how those three things are related.

@ZOS_Lawrence_Schick I look forward to your explanations.

this would not explain it in terms of tes,but in GOT/Asoiaf those other than Targaryens do desire dragons of their own.They just never get them.I can only expect that something similar may be at work here.
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    Claudman wrote: »

latest?cb=20130403032107

It would only be lore breaking if it’s a mass of dragons. Having one or 2 boss encounters would be alright as in lore, there are a handful that are alive before the events of Skyrim (as you pointed out, I mentioned these but got the wrong game for the redguard one)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am excited for Necromancers, not gonna lie. Good thing I still have a character slot available. lol

But dragons? Come on. HOPEFULLY you've at least come up with a plausible excuse as to why they are suddenly here where they very much don't belong ZOS.

The mounts are, as usual, nothing I want.

Kinda looking forward to the ghost kitty. Do NOT put it in a gamble box please!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a new race too? All we have now are four. Yes FOUR. All the Humans are just different ethnicities of the same race. All Elves are just different ethnicities of the same race. Honestly it makes for boring race choices when they mostly all look the same.

How about playable Daedra? Have some break off from Oblivion. Give them customization that includes demon and insect aspects to make them look less like a plain human variant.
    Edited by Wildberryjack on January 6, 2019 4:51PM
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You say Dragons in Elsweyr with Necromancers
    I say put down the Skooma.
    Argonian forever
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I am excited for Necromancers, not gonna lie. Good thing I still have a character slot available. lol

But dragons? Come on. HOPEFULLY you've at least come up with a plausible excuse as to why they are suddenly here where they very much don't belong ZOS.

Deal! It will be a limited time offering for 10,000 gems. :D
  • NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭

CLASS IS SO OUTDATED!

Lol why skill line? It would be much more difficult to manage and last chapter had soo many complaints due to single Psijic Skill Line.

There are many types of players but two very distinctive ones are the "one main character players" (who maybe have more characters but he/she spends more then 90% ingame time with one character), and there the ones with many characters without a dedicated main.
    The first is not interested in new class because they hvae their main since xy time, and they don't interested to start a new character, but would welcome a new skill line for their main, the later ones are more eager to make a new class character for new playsytle.

To have bigger support from the first group make class change tokken avaiable for a reasonable price (also 1 for a daily reward).
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

CLASS IS SO OUTDATED!

It's more difficult to balance classes.

The game needs horizontal progression.

I don't want to have to levl up a new character from Lvl 3 to 50 again, and I don't have any more slots.

In fact, all ESO classes should be extinguished and replaced with Skill Lines.

This is ESO, not WoW or FFXIV.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we get a new race too? All we have now are four. Yes FOUR. All the Humans are just different ethnicities of the same race. All Elves are just different ethnicities of the same race. Honestly it makes for boring race choices when they mostly all look the same.

How about playable Daedra? Have some break off from Oblivion. Give them customization that includes demon and insect aspects to make them look less like a plain human variant.

How would they even walk around town and interact with people though?
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On their two feet? I don't understand the question really. Sorry. Most Daedra and Lesser Daedra are humanoid in design.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragons and Necromancers are so last year.
    PS5 EU.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

On their two feet? I don't understand the question really. Sorry. Most Daedra and Lesser Daedra are humanoid in design.

Dude...they're daedra. They're kill on sight. They don't just leave their realms and come here after a change of heart to serve the good people of Tamriel unless they're summoned and bound by magicka basically against their will.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the Russian datamine article this is going to be a pre-order reward mount:
    aw_crwn_mounts_rahdmathra_1x1.jpg
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on January 6, 2019 4:58PM
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭

I believe he means that regular folk would be to scared to interact with a daedra.

“Welcome to my sto........Arrrrggggghhhh”
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With about the same ease as the combat pet Daedra do now, or as the pet undead are probably going to wander around Alik'r desert. Not even mentioning all the strange non-combat pets, mounts, and the countless headless Hollowjack and various atronach incarnations of the Vestige.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

hmm yus me hab da big dagon rawr!
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX